PDA

View Full Version : This Fetish For Bringing Back Gifted But Flawed Players

Dashing Bob S
25-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Do any other set of supporters have this obsession?

I think this sentiment is in some ways admirable, but I would hate to visit the homes of some posters here, as they would doubtless be full of rescue animals from the cat and dog home; the snarling pitbull, the aggressive feral cat, the hyperactive collie's and Jack Russell's tearing furniture to pieces, the constantly ****ting, pissing and whining chihuahua.

I think the way to get over this is to ask the club to book a nightclub in George Street and have a tribute night for our best players of the last decade.

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Do any other set of supporters have this obsession?

I think this sentiment is in some ways admirable, but I would hate to visit the homes of some posters here, as they would doubtless be full of rescue animals from the cat and dog home; the snarling pitbull, the aggressive feral cat, the hyperactive collie's and Jack Russell's tearing furniture to pieces, the constantly ****ting, pissing and whining chihuahua.

I think the way to get over this is to ask the club to book a nightclub in George Street and have a tribute night for our best players of the last decade.

I've got a box with a rescued baby pidgeon. I wanted to make pidgeon pie with it but the wife's as soft as s...

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Couldn't we take one last gamble on Deeks? :taxi

Dunderhall
25-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I've got a box with a rescued baby pidgeon. I wanted to make pidgeon pie with it but the wife's as soft as s...
Take it to Bob's doo in George St.

Andy74
25-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I'd think Goodwillie and McFadden come into that category just this season. Sure there's a few more examples kicking about.

So it's not just us!

LongshanksED
25-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Fat Kris Boyd?

Stringer
25-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Kenny miller could do a job. :cb

brianmc
25-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Have any other set of supporters seen their team lose so many exciting players over the last decade and seen them replaced with such dross? Think that would be a more accurate question for the OP.

snooky
25-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Have any other set of supporters seen their team lose so many exciting players over the last decade and seen them replaced with such dross? Think that would be a more accurate question for the OP.

Who is D. Ross? :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
25-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Ajax

snooky
25-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Ajax

Right enough, FR.
They lost Vim Jansen. :wink:

Northernhibee
25-08-2013, 09:05 PM

The likes of Sproule, Deek, Garry etc. simply did not work for us for one good reason: if a player is coming back to us then there's a very good reason for that.

I want us to focus on getting the youngsters through to the first team. It's more realistic to get in the new Deek than the old one.

brianmc
25-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I never actually suggested the bringing back of these players had worked. I was answering the question posed by the OP.

Ajax is an excellent suggestion-how do their fans feel??