PDA

View Full Version : Anti Meltdown Thread

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:32 PM
What we gona moan about this week?

1 possibly 2 signings coming in, lets not get too,carried away with the banners and protesting :hibees

Northernhibee
24-08-2013, 08:34 PM
For me it all shows up how ridiculous the 'protest' would have been if it had gone ahead.

nribs
24-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Do we know for sure there will be 1 or 2 coming in?

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:44 PM
The bbc summed it up for me with ahead line something about 'a hibs fan loses faith with fenlon' brockie as a spokesman which I generally have a problem with so called representatives of the fans saying how much THE fans had come to an end with Fenlon, we all have our views but just cause you are associate with a supporters cub gives you no more of a voice Than anyone else.

hibsbollah
24-08-2013, 08:45 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/23/arsenal-fans-jason-dufner

I liked this article today. As much as I love Hibs, it's no reason to pop a blood vessel.

Jonnyboy
24-08-2013, 08:48 PM
The bbc summed it up for me with ahead line something about 'a hibs fan loses faith with fenlon' brockie as a spokesman which I generally have a problem with so called representatives of the fans saying how much THE fans had come to an end with Fenlon, we all have our views but just cause you are associate with a supporters cub gives you no more of a voice Than anyone else.

Being unfairly harsh on Brockie there. He was asked to express his views which he did and he has no control over what they do with it. Brockie himself will admit his views are no more than that - his views

Golden Bear
24-08-2013, 08:53 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/23/arsenal-fans-jason-dufner

I liked this article today. As much as I love Hibs, it's no reason to pop a blood vessel.

Jason Dufner is one cool dude no doubt it but he's not had the fortune/misfortune to be born a Hibby!

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Being unfairly harsh on Brockie there. He was asked to express his views which he did and he has no control over what they do with it. Brockie himself will admit his views are no more than that - his views

I don't mean to be harsh or offensive but his opinions will differ with some hibs fans and his opinions won't. Why are we in the national press even expressing these? Because they can't wait to make a story about and what's going so bad here, as nowt else in Scotland to write about no?

Jonnyboy
24-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't mean to be harsh or offensive but his opinions will differ with some hibs fans and his opinions won't. Why are we in the national press even expressing these? Because they can't wait to make a story about and what's going so bad here, as nowt else in Scotland to write about no?

I'd rather we were in the news because everything was hunky dory but a significant number of fans are unhappy with the club. Brockie expressed his view and I'd wager a fair number agreed with him.

The beeb should have asked me, cos I'm always right :greengrin

Golden Bear
24-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Let's just enjoy today's result and leave the bickering for now.

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 09:09 PM
I'd rather we were in the news because everything was hunky dory but a significant number of fans are unhappy with the club. Brockie expressed his view and I'd wager a fair number agreed with him.

The beeb should have asked me, cos I'm always right :greengrin

I don't doubt that mate but we as a support need to have a look at ourselves IMO and take responsability, I'm not saying I'm right just cause we won today as it makes no,difference but i be pretty confident that most fans would cringe when we read articles such as that article last week.

Jack
24-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Brockie was giving his opinion, just as you are here, just in a different media.

We're all entitled to our own opinions and who we share them with.

IMO :-)

Jonnyboy
24-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't doubt that mate but we as a support need to have a look at ourselves IMO and take responsability, I'm not saying I'm right just cause we won today as it makes no,difference but i be pretty confident that most fans would cringe when we read articles such as that article last week.

Fair do's, we all have our own thoughts :thumbsup:

Speaking of thoughts, here's Pat's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEAD_v769pA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

Pete
24-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Looks like its safe to come out!:greengrin

The bed-wetters seem to be very quiet tonight. That's because the happy clappers are having a party, while they are in their beds.:fenlon

Seriously, it feels good to get the first win and we can all look forward to the county game. Once we win that we can get busy with all the chat about cruising second and maybe winning the league.:thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Let's just enjoy today's result and leave the bickering for now.Exactly . From various threads here ( one about possible meeting of PF before today`s match for example ) it`s obvious that some members of press are desperate to stir up news and will be delighted to get anyone to criticise manager/players/chairman/catering ... or all of them whether on message boards , radio or TV . Not being paranoid , that`s the way it is - Old Firm situation has changed and folk are bored reading about Hearts so Hibs are next club with enough readers to stir up controversy . None of us are happy with losing heavily against Malmo or against Hearts or only getting 1 point from first 3 league matches or not playing flowing attacking football but that doesn`t mean we all want new manager who will ditch most of present team and sign new squad . Living overseas , I tend to think that opinions expressed on message boards reflect supporters views but when I speak to fans I know I soon realise that it`s not the case whether at a good or bad time of results so lazy jounalists who love threads with polls massively in favour of changing manager/ / goalie etc or that fans think we`ll.... ( in good times ) are not representative or , more probably , change opinión after every match . We are not going to win with fast flowing attacking football next week because we haven`t got the players to do it ( neither has any other team in Scotland including Celtic ) so we will have to settle for a hard - worked victory or dropping points with aceptable or terrible performance . Doesn`t sound great but it`s truth and practically the only way it`ll change is if fans back club even more massively at matches and financially .

Heisenberg
24-08-2013, 09:47 PM

1 possibly 2 signings coming in, lets not get too,carried away with the banners and protesting :hibees

Pacey winger or two please Pat :pray:

Saorsa
24-08-2013, 10:06 PM

1 possibly 2 signings coming in, lets not get too,carried away with the banners and protesting :hibeesWell some folk could just go back tae bashing the player(s) they love tae hate. Surely there must be some way that goal we lost today could be pinned on Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson. :dunno:

Me, I think I'll continue tae keep my focus on those running the club who are the real ones who are responsible IMO, if that's ok with you that is. :rolleyes: I'm delighted with today's win particularly for the players and hopefully we can kick on but that disnae excuse anything that has gone on over the last few seasons and those responsible for it.

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2013, 10:20 PM

I was called a few times on Thursday from Media asking if I would give interviews.....I said yes, should I have called you first to make sure it was OK to give my opinion?

monktonharp
24-08-2013, 10:38 PM
I was called a few times on Thursday from Media asking if I would give interviews.....I said yes, should I have called you first to make sure it was OK to give my opinion?not got any problem with you speaking your mind Brockie, and not read your comments, but If someone from a reputable supporters branch, which are stalwart home and away supporters cannot give an opinion, whether on behalf of his branch or his own comments then get lambasted from a few on here, we have big problems. not just from the club itself, but throughout the support.very sad that other fans are quick to complain . :rolleyes:

monktonharp
24-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Well some folk could just go back tae bashing the player(s) they love tae hate. Surely there must be some way that goal we lost today could be pinned on Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson. :dunno:

Me, I think I'll continue tae keep my focus on those running the club who are the real ones who are responsible IMO, if that's ok with you that is. :rolleyes: I'm delighted with today's win particularly for the players and hopefully we can kick on but that disnae excuse anything that has gone on over the last few seasons and those responsible for it.spot on big man:agree:

Saorsa
24-08-2013, 10:40 PM
I was called a few times on Thursday from Media asking if I would give interviews.....I said yes, should I have called you first to make sure it was OK to give my opinion?perhaps you should get a number just in case you are asked again? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2013, 10:48 PM
perhaps you should get a number just in case you are asked again? :greengrin

I just won't do any more interviews DD, dinnae want to upset any wee lambs, who don't agree with my opinions........

Baldy Foghorn
24-08-2013, 10:49 PM
not got any problem with you speaking your mind Brockie, and not read your comments, but If someone from a reputable supporters branch, which are stalwart home and away supporters cannot give an opinion, whether on behalf of his branch or his own comments then get lambasted from a few on here, we have big problems. not just from the club itself, but throughout the support.very sad that other fans are quick to complain . :rolleyes:

Cheers W:aok:

Golden Bear
24-08-2013, 10:51 PM
not got any problem with you speaking your mind Brockie, and not read your comments, but If someone from a reputable supporters branch, which are stalwart home and away supporters cannot give an opinion, whether on behalf of his branch or his own comments then get lambasted from a few on here, we have big problems. not just from the club itself, but throughout the support.very sad that other fans are quick to complain . :rolleyes:

Spot on sir.

--------
25-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Well some folk could just go back tae bashing the player(s) they love tae hate. Surely there must be some way that goal we lost today could be pinned on Paul Hanlon or Lewis Stevenson. :dunno:

Me, I think I'll continue tae keep my focus on those running the club who are the real ones who are responsible IMO, if that's ok with you that is. :rolleyes: I'm delighted with today's win particularly for the players and hopefully we can kick on but that disnae excuse anything that has gone on over the last few seasons and those responsible for it.

:agree:

Yup, very relieved and pleased we got three points today, but one win won't solve anything other than the immediate need for those three points. It means nothing if we fail to follow it up next week against Ross County - a team we've found very hard to beat since they came up to the top division.

There are serious and legitimate concerns about how the club has been run the past few years, and those concerns haven't gone away because we beat Killie today.

I'm pleased for Pat Fenlon and I'm pleased for the fans who went through to Kilmarnock. I genuinely hope this will prove to be the turning-point for the season, but I'm not happy with things generally and I'll continue to say so - because I care about Hibs and I want to see the team doing a lot better than it has been recently.

Hibby70
25-08-2013, 06:58 AM
I just won't do any more interviews DD, dinnae want to upset any wee lambs, who don't agree with my opinions........
Or maybe you should wear a sandwich board with a disclaimer on it. Wouldn't work for radio though.

There's a lot of wee lambs around these days, maybe you should try at being ITK instead.

greenlex
25-08-2013, 07:00 AM
In a recent poll 95% wanted Fenlon removed. You are right some Hibs fans have differing opinions.

Weir7
25-08-2013, 07:21 AM

Since you know how Hibs Fans feel you phone the BBC and get press time.

Only 531 Hibs fans at the game yesterday tells all you need to know that the punters Have had enough.

Brokie is easily in your top 2 or 3 fans for going to games. A pop at him on social media is sad.

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Since you know how Hibs Fans feel you phone the BBC and get press time.

Only 531 Hibs fans at the game yesterday tells all you need to know that the punters Have had enough.

Brokie is easily in your top 2 or 3 fans for going to games. A pop at him on social media is sad.

Is that the official figure? It looked more than that

Aldo
25-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Three points is three pints but just papering over the cracks. What I did notice last nite that's there were a few stirrers clearly missing from the site last nite.

Yams won and so did we. Nuff said.

Need a result against County next week.

lucky
25-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Brockie did very well. His comments were balanced and summed up the feelings of the majority of the views on here and supporters I speak too. I think we get a bit to worked up over fan representatives talking to the press. It is allowed.

Weir7
25-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Is that the official figure? It looked more than that

Yes the read crowd out at game

lucky
25-08-2013, 07:44 AM
That's actually less than went to Malmo

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I was called a few times on Thursday from Media asking if I would give interviews.....I said yes, should I have called you first to make sure it was OK to give my opinion?

You are now officially the new Frank Dougan. :greengrin

IMO you have been groomed for the position and were always his natural successor.

Hail Brockie, the new people's champion.

:flag::flag::flag:

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:15 AM

Yes next time please run it by me :wink:

I wasn't intending on having a pop at you mate and apologise if that's how I have come across. I was trying to make the point that why are we even in the media with things like this? In my opinion we shouldn't be, and it could be avoided next time just say no :greengrin

monktonharp
25-08-2013, 10:53 AM
You are now officially the new Frank Dougan. :greengrin

IMO you have been groomed for the position and were always his natural successor.

Hail Brockie, the new people's champion.

:flag::flag::flag: I'd prefer to see that young man wi' a rug on his heid. big Frank's got mair hair than him:greengrin

Billy Whizz
25-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Turning into another fans bashing thread!
Back on topic, really enjoyed our 2nd half performance, and the fans responded by getting behind the team

Pedantic_Hibee
25-08-2013, 11:18 AM
I'd like to apply for the position of fans spokesman :greengrin

I killed a slug last night, turns out they don't drink coffee after all.

--------
25-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Turning into another fans bashing thread!
Back on topic, really enjoyed our 2nd half performance, and the fans responded by getting behind the team

Only saw the very brief highlights - some good football there, couple of excellent goals and looked like a bit of spirit in the team.

Can't tell much from 5 minutes of extracts, though.

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Only saw the very brief highlights - some good football there, couple of excellent goals and looked like a bit of spirit in the team.

Can't tell much from 5 minutes of extracts, though.

where did you see the highlights mate?

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 12:32 PM
where did you see the highlights mate?

Goals on Sunday??

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Goals on Sunday??

Thought they might have been on the net by now

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes next time please run it by me :wink:

I wasn't intending on having a pop at you mate and apologise if that's how I have come across. I was trying to make the point that why are we even in the media with things like this? In my opinion we shouldn't be, and it could be avoided next time just say no :greengrin

You had a pop by saying I had no real right to speak, and that most people would cringe at what was said. (posts 4 & 11)

We were in media because of the Board meeting fans on Wednesday, and I was asked to give a reaction to the meeting.....The recent poll on here showed 95% of voters had lost faith in the Manager, should I have spoken for the 5%?

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 12:55 PM
All weekend goals (http://www.youtube.com/user/splofficial).

Killi v Hibs at about 2 m50sec

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 01:14 PM
All weekend goals (http://www.youtube.com/user/splofficial).

Killi v Hibs at about 2 m50sec

Link not working bud?

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 01:30 PM
You had a pop by saying I had no real right to speak, and that most people would cringe at what was said. (posts 4 & 11)

We were in media because of the Board meeting fans on Wednesday, and I was asked to give a reaction to the meeting.....The recent poll on here showed 95% of voters had lost faith in the Manager, should I have spoken for the 5%?

Of course you have a right to voice your opinion as do we all, I am questioning wether doing so to a national broadcaster directly questioning the managers tactical merits id the right thing to do? see the Liam Craig comments re him being a winger, I think we all know he's not a winger but a left sided midfielder he is and has Proven at st j.

I genuinely wasn't intent on having a go and making it personal, I was pished so may have articulated myself better in hindsight. I stand by my view that I don't feel it's appropriate, we've had a poor start to the season we all know this, let the media and all the rest kick into us but don't see why we us supporters give the media any more amo to throw at us to fill their pages. I also think its disrespectful to the manger if I am honest, after 3 league games we have people representing fans calling for the mans head in the media, regardless of the % vote on a fans website I believe it's wrong. Others will agree with you of course but this is just my view on it, and I can assu you regardless of who came out with it I would have the same opinion, so definitely not personal.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Of course you have a right to voice your opinion as do we all, I am questioning wether doing so to a national broadcaster directly questioning the managers tactical merits id the right thing to do? see the Liam Craig comments re him being a winger, I think we all know he's not a winger but a left sided midfielder he is and has Proven at st j.

I genuinely wasn't intent on having a go and making it personal, I was pished so may have articulated myself better in hindsight. I stand by my view that I don't feel it's appropriate, we've had a poor start to the season we all know this, let the media and all the rest kick into us but don't see why we us supporters give the media any more amo to throw at us to fill their pages. I also think its disrespectful to the manger if I am honest, after 3 league games we have people representing fans calling for the mans head in the media, regardless of the % vote on a fans website I believe it's wrong. Others will agree with you of course but this is just my view on it, and I can assu you regardless of who came out with it I would have the same opinion, so definitely not personal.

Why is this trotted out, 3 ****in games, 3 ****in games? You are another who's disregarding the European shambles, and the eye bleeding crap we have endured through most of his tenure bar half a dozen games at the start of last season, why?

Personally i don't think Brockie gave the manager and board members enough stick to the press, they deserved every word and more in my opinion.

Sit back and do nothing or keep the pressure on them by interviews like Brockies, and folk voicing their displeasure, i know which one i support?

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Why is this trotted out, 3 ****in games, 3 ****in games? You are another who's disregarding the European shambles, and the eye bleeding crap we have endured through most of his tenure bar half a dozen games at the start of last season, why?

Personally i don't think Brockie gave the manager and board members enough stick to the press, they deserved every word and more in my opinion.

Sit back and do nothing or keep the pressure on them by interviews like Brockies, and folk voicing their displeasure, i know which one i support?

Im not gona go into the merits of why I am not of the view you are and Brockie, it's my opinion that I don't agree with it.....simple. I'm not asking you to agree with me, I don't really care to be honest BH. I'm not disregarding the euro results at all, they speak for themselves.

keep protesting and do what you got to do but I won't and don't agree with it. I'm not being derogatory or throwing out personal abuse at those who have a different view, I'm simply stating my opinion on it.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Im not gona go into the merits of why I am not of the view you are and Brockie, it's my opinion that I don't agree with it.....simple. I'm not asking you to agree with me, I don't really care to be honest BH. I'm not disregarding the euro results at all, they speak for themselves.

keep protesting and do what you got to do but I won't and don't agree with it. I'm not being derogatory or throwing out personal abuse at those who have a different view, I'm simply stating my opinion on it.

That fine you can do as you like, i'd never tell anyone to protest or boycott or do anything they don't want to do.

I will argue at what they say though if i disagree, and in your post you mentioned 3 games, do you honestly think we'd be having these discussions if this was all about 3 games? :confused:

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Link not working bud?

http://www.youtube.com/user/splofficial

How's this link?

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/splofficial

How's this link?

Not available in my country apparently. :(

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Not available in my country apparently. :(

Where are you located? Maybe it's only for outside the UK.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Where are you located? Maybe it's only for outside the UK.

I'm in Scotland.

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm in Scotland.

How about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtdBI4ANPI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLAmNSUlUap5sNWgDy9_dL5HkD7mwHgEII).

Posted on another thread, it shows the match highlights instead of just the goals.

YehButNoBut
25-08-2013, 03:21 PM
How about this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EtdBI4ANPI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLAmNSUlUap5sNWgDy9_dL5HkD7mwHgEII).

Posted on another thread, it shows the match highlights instead of just the goals.

None of the links will work in the UK until 6pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spl-signs-deal-with-youtube-to-show-1231181

Keith_M
25-08-2013, 03:23 PM
None of the links will work in the UK until 6pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spl-signs-deal-with-youtube-to-show-1231181

:thumbsup:

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Your spot on mate, there is too much of this pussy footing about and nobody actually saying how it is. Everybody has a right to their opinion and when I give mine on here at times people just don't like it and say "oh you cant say that" or "your wrong". I will be damned if I have to ask anybody for permission on this site of what I can or cannot say about the club if the club is being poorly managed. Start censorship on this site, then we lose our right to speak, but that's not what this site is about and that's why I like it. They let us speak freely to a degree and we know their rules.

So your right mate, exercise your right to express your opinion which I totally 100% agree with. :agree:

NOLA
25-08-2013, 05:19 PM
This week I'm gonna moan about the manager, just like last week ;) we won in spite of him not because of him and I'd still like shot of him regardless.

Gustavo Fring
25-08-2013, 05:22 PM
i wanted to protest for fenlons removal and id still like to see him leave but...

he has gained 4 much needed points from the last 2 games which i think entitles him to a break - he's copped some serious abuse from all angles recently and i wouldnt like to have been in his shoes .

delighted to see craig score . took his goals well and is starting to look more like the player he was for st j . robertson was looking good last week so its not all doom and gloom

petrie has made it clear he wont sack fenlon and he wont quit so we might as well get behind him and give him our backing until the end of the season

Northernhibee
25-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Your spot on mate, there is too much of this pussy footing about and nobody actually saying how it is. Everybody has a right to their opinion and when I give mine on here at times people just don't like it and say "oh you cant say that" or "your wrong". I will be damned if I have to ask anybody for permission on this site of what I can or cannot say about the club if the club is being poorly managed. Start censorship on this site, then we lose our right to speak, but that's not what this site is about and that's why I like it. They let us speak freely to a degree and we know their rules.

So your right mate, exercise your right to express your opinion which I totally 100% agree with. :agree:

People are allowed to say what they want just as much as anyone else is allowed to disagree with them.

Cannae be arsed trawling through all the doom and gloom, who's telling you you can't criticize Pat Fenlon?

Mikey
25-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Are you in the Fringe? :hilarious

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 06:33 PM

So I have a right to an opinion, just as long as I don't slate the Manager......I have lost faith, I did so after the last game pre split at Celtic Park, and have seen some woeful displays in PF's tenure......That is why I said what I did......

As for National press, I was asked to give an opinion, which I duly did.....Could not care if it upsets some on here or indeed at the Club, it is genuinely how I feel....

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 07:59 PM
So I have a right to an opinion, just as long as I don't slate the Manager......I have lost faith, I did so after the last game pre split at Celtic Park, and have seen some woeful displays in PF's tenure......That is why I said what I did......

As for National press, I was asked to give an opinion, which I duly did.....Could not care if it upsets some on here or indeed at the Club, it is genuinely how I feel....

Aye go for it, shout as loud as you want and to whoever will listen, I still don't agree with doing it in the national press.

As if stating someone who is a representative of a hibs supporters branch gives any weight to your comments or makes it more credible than another random hibs fan on the street, that's the problem I have. It's all fitting the agenda in building up a negative story towards us as a club when in the grand scheme of things IMO there isn't one sufficient enough for some of the actions by some on and away from this site.

we won't agree on this so let's move on, I've said what I had to say and respect and appreciate you have a different take on this.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Aye go for it, shout as loud as you want and to whoever will listen, I still don't agree with doing it in the national press.

As if stating someone who is a representative of a hibs supporters branch gives any weight to your comments or makes it more credible than another random hibs fan on the street, that's the problem I have. It's all fitting the agenda in building up a negative story towards us as a club when in the grand scheme of things IMO there isn't one sufficient enough for some of the actions by some on and away from this site.

we won't agree on this so let's move on, I've said what I had to say and respect and appreciate you have a different take on this.

I get asked a lot for interviews. Because I run a Branch the press stick that title in, although my opinions are just that, mine........ I also think I deserve a say, because I actually support the team come a match day, so I ain't just some random punter......

Won't agree with you on this one......

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:17 PM
I get asked a lot for interviews. Because I run a Branch the press stick that title in, although my opinions are just that, mine........ I also think I deserve a say, because I actually support the team come a match day, so I ain't just some random punter......

Won't agree with you on this one......

As I said that's cool we don't agree on it we see things differently that's all. I do respect what you do mate in terms of running a branch etc and your a respected member of site for me so please don't think I am being personal against you, it's a difference of opinions that's all.

marinello59
25-08-2013, 08:18 PM

I thought it was pretty obvious that BF was giving a personal opinion rather than putting himself forward as a spokesperson for us all. Either way I don't see how a fan speaking to the media in whatever capacity makes anything worse. If there are negative stories about us then the culprits are club employees.

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that BF was giving a personal opinion rather than putting himself forward as a spokesperson for us all. Either way I don't see how a fan speaking to the media in whatever capacity makes anything worse. If there are negative stories about us then the culprits are club employees.

I guess me going to the beeb and stating Fenlon should be given more time doesn't quite have the same appeal to it eh, na let's Kane hibs and make a big issue of this and get another manger out the door to fill some pages.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I guess me going to the beeb and stating Fenlon should be given more time doesn't quite have the same appeal to it eh, na let's Kane hibs and make a big issue of this and get another manger out the door to fill some pages.

The media are quite rightly questioning what is occurring at Hibs.....This is not because of a couple of bad results, it is due to Year's of under achieving.......I could have gone on air and said everything was rosy in the garden, but that would have been a complete fabrication of truth.....

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:36 PM
The media are quite rightly questioning what is occurring at Hibs.....This is not because of a couple of bad results, it is due to Year's of under achieving.......I could have gone on air and said everything was rosy in the garden, but that would have been a complete fabrication of truth.....

So,you believe they would be giving us the air time if there wasn't the meeting with Petrie this week subsequently followed up by your piece? I don't think so.......we've played Motherwell, Hearts away and UTD and are still a win away from top 2 or 3 now we beat Klli away,where's the panic about UTD all Over the press or Aberdeen for that matter, since hearts beat them too?

marinello59
25-08-2013, 08:37 PM

I don't think it was a fans sound bite that lead to the club feeling a Q and A session was required as their PR machine was frozen. That's what generated the press interest causing them to seek out fans to interview in the first place. If we lose another manager it won't be any fan to blame, it will be those who appointed him.

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 08:44 PM
So,you believe they would be giving us the air time if there wasn't the meeting with Petrie this week subsequently followed up by your piece? I don't think so.......we've played Motherwell, Hearts away and UTD and are still a win away from top 2 or 3 now we beat Klli away,where's the panic about UTD all Over the press or Aberdeen for that matter, since hearts beat them too?

The press gave us air time BECAUSE of the meeting with RP........ Surely it can't be difficult to see why we are receiving such attention?

Do you think I wrote a piece of damaging literature and called BBC to air it??? I was asked for an opinion and I gave it.....Let's not make out the current situation is my fault......

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:48 PM
The press gave us air time BECAUSE of the meeting with RP........ Surely it can't be difficult to see why we are receiving such attention?

Do you think I wrote a piece of damaging literature and called BBC to air it??? I was asked for an opinion and I gave it.....Let's not make out the current situation is my fault......

:wtf: When did I say it was your fault :greengrin, na your right its nowt to do with Fenlon it's your fault we haven't gotten of the the best of starts. I think your branch need to convene a meeting to oust you from your role :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
25-08-2013, 08:52 PM
:wtf: When did I say it was your fault :greengrin, na your right its nowt to do with Fenlon it's your fault we haven't gotten of the the best of starts. I think your branch need to convene a meeting to oust you from your role :wink:

You wrote "So,you believe they would be giving us the air time if there wasn't the meeting with Petrie this week subsequently followed up by your piece? I don't think so.......we've played Motherwell, Hearts away and UTD and are still a win away from top 2 or 3 now we beat Klli away,where's the panic about UTD all Over the press or Aberdeen for that matter, since hearts beat them too?"

Bit in bold, subsequently followed up by your piece........I'm getting bored of this now, so will leave you to it......

--------
25-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Five managers in six years and the team chronically underachieving seem to me to be reasonable foundations for a story.

Of course, maybe we should all just gather round the microphone and sing a couple of choruses of "Always look on the bright side of life ..." and then ask a democratically-elected spokeshibby to assure everyone that everything in the garden's lovely at ER.

Not that anyone would believe THAT. :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:54 PM
You wrote "So,you believe they would be giving us the air time if there wasn't the meeting with Petrie this week subsequently followed up by your piece? I don't think so.......we've played Motherwell, Hearts away and UTD and are still a win away from top 2 or 3 now we beat Klli away,where's the panic about UTD all Over the press or Aberdeen for that matter, since hearts beat them too?"

Bit in bold, subsequently followed up by your piece........I'm getting bored of this now, so will leave you to it......

That makes 2 of us, bash on.

chrisski33
31-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Aye we won last week but normal service resumed today and poor football played!