PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Fenlons Green and White

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:20 PM
We are back, **** the negativity,,we went behind today, where's the character well it's there for all to see

Lets all pull together and move on, we'll done Pat and the boys

ggtth

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Agreed. Far from convinced, but the players dug in today. The results in the last few weeks in the league has shown that there really isn't much between the teams, so it's more than possible to go on a decent run. A player or two this next 9 days and we could still be on for a decent season.

#FromTheCapital
24-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Is green and white Cockney rhyming slang for *****? :dunno:

monktonharp
24-08-2013, 10:58 PM
we've not shed a lot of goals in the league. I'ts the Malmo result(s) that hurt me the most and the totally abject and dire performance of some, on the park. the 'Well game could have gone anyway, as was agreed with some 'well fans I spoke to after. the Derby, was a typical Hibs disaster which should have been avoided. Utd game, we could have been buried before ht , but survived and took over in the second half so on the back of today's I'm hopeful but mindful of the way we can respond, in our next game. we've got a few on paper, that should stand up to the rigours of the spfl, and should make an upward push if the game next week goes our way. I felt that we should have got much better results against County than we did last season and they got all the luck at ER. hopefully we don't need luck.

AndyB_70
25-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Killie were honking today so let's not think we have turned the corner. At times we looked so slow in doing everything. Paddy should still be shown the door. He should have gone after the hearts cup final disaster. Come on all you happy clappers.

Weir7
25-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Killie were honking today so let's not think we have turned the corner. At times we looked so slow in doing everything. Paddy should still be shown the door. He should have gone after the hearts cup final disaster. Come on all you happy clappers.

Today was the worst performance in the league so far and killie are the worst team so far I've seen. I agree we were so slow in everthing we do.

Had more energy when Rossco and Sammy came on.

BigT-Hibeez
25-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Not one Hibs player is playing for the Jersey.. (Ok, maybe Williams) Griffiths did last season.. KT is trying too hard to play for the Jersey, I'm not convinced.. The players still here from last seasons squad are mostly pro players looking for a wage.. We're giving them that and more but they're not producing.. Tim Clancy!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! Guy couldn't spell Hibernian!! How come Dalkeith Thistle (hmfc) are playing well right now?? Cos they want it!! No player at Hibs right now could give a **** if we win, lose or draw..

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Not one Hibs player is playing for the Jersey.. (Ok, maybe Williams) Griffiths did last season.. KT is trying too hard to play for the Jersey, I'm not convinced.. The players still here from last seasons squad are mostly pro players looking for a wage.. We're giving them that and more but they're not producing.. Tim Clancy!! You should be ashamed of yourself!! Guy couldn't spell Hibernian!! How come Dalkeith Thistle (hmfc) are playing well right now?? Cos they want it!! No player at Hibs right now could give a **** if we win, lose or draw..

What a load of rubbish.

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Today was the worst performance in the league so far and killie are the worst team so far I've seen. I agree we were so slow in everthing we do.

Nonsense.

I haven't missed a game and that wasn't the worst.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Papering over cracks boys.

"Grubbing around the message boards"

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 08:06 AM

Absolute garbage.

If you saw the players reaction yesterday when they scored and again at full time you wouldn't be saying that.

The team includes Hibs supporters that have been season ticket holders before playing for the club, no Hibs fan wouldn't play for the jersey.

Some are not good enough for where we want to be but plenty are playing for the jersey.

Paisley Hibby
25-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Agreed. Far from convinced, but the players dug in today. The results in the last few weeks in the league has shown that there really isn't much between the teams, so it's more than possible to go on a decent run. A player or two this next 9 days and we could still be on for a decent season.

Sorry but I can't believe how folk are prepared to accept the occasional narrow win as evidence that we are going in the right direction. He's had nearly 2 years and we are still **** to watch. We also remain in the bottom half of a **** league. What will it take for folk to wake up or do we have to wait for the next humiliation he has in store for us?

Andy74
25-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry but I can't believe how folk are prepared to accept the occasional narrow win as evidence that we are going in the right direction. He's had nearly 2 years and we are still **** to watch. We also remain in the bottom half of a **** league. What will it take for folk to wake up or do we have to wait for the next humiliation he has in store for us?

Well last year we had a lot more points than the previous year so I guess we have to wait for a fair bit of this one to see what direction we are going in.

An alternative view would be that's there's virtually no evidence to back up all the assertions that we are going to struggle.

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 08:13 AM

You really are a negative chap, every post on every thread you make is just doom and gloom.

I hope outwith hibs.net you are a happy chappy.

Weir7
25-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Nonsense.

I haven't missed a game and that wasn't the worst.

You'll be right then

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 08:18 AM
You'll be right then

Fair play to you for acknowledging that.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2013, 08:22 AM
I always want us to win, i also couldn't care how we do it either. I'd love us to play fast incisive free flowing football too.

If yesterday's result is the start of us getting where we all want us to be then great, but and there is always a but when we talk about Hibs, i just hope its not another of these results that keeps the manager in a job a little bit longer than they deserve?

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Fair play to you for acknowledging that.

:thumbsup:

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I always want us to win, i also couldn't care how we do it either. I'd love us to play fast incisive free flowing football too.

If yesterday's result is the start of us getting where we all want us to be then great, but and there is always a but when we talk about Hibs, i just hope its not another of these results that keeps the manager in a job a little bit longer than they deserve?

For me yesterday was enjoyable in that I walked out a ground having watched Hibs winning a game of football, it wasn't glorious by any manner of means but we got three points and it was a pleasant change to see happy Hibbies at full time.

I think it possibly is just another result that delays the inevitable that bit longer and there is no way PF will be with us this time next season.

My take is that Rodders hopes we will muddle by until the end of the season and then will not renew PF contract.

blackpoolhibs
25-08-2013, 08:30 AM
For me yesterday was enjoyable in that I walked out a ground having watched Hibs winning a game of football, it wasn't glorious by any manner of means but we got three points and it was a pleasant change to see happy Hibbies at full time.

I think it possibly is just another result that delays the inevitable that bit longer and there is no way PF will be with us this time next season.

My take is that Rodders hopes we will muddle by until the end of the season and then will not renew PF contract.

:thumbsup: Thats what we all want Scoopy. :agree:

SMAXXA
25-08-2013, 08:30 AM

Thats how I see it aswell to be fair

Andy74
25-08-2013, 08:35 AM

I think a lot depends on how we inject the pace and creativity.

I'd like to have seen Harris or Cairney getting into the box and getting crosses and cut backs in now that we have Collins.

If we can't bridge the gap until they return then we will continue to be bit pedestrian. We aren't in the dire state many would have us believe.

If Pat can pick up a player or two with some pace the whole thing could look very different and we could have a pretty successful season. Big week for Pat. A decent window and a result at home next week and things are looking much better.

If we go another window without the wide man he says he wants then I'd worry for him.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 08:57 AM
You really are a negative chap, every post on every thread you make is just doom and gloom.

I hope outwith hibs.net you are a happy chappy.

Do you think hibs have turned a corner like? Or is it just prolonging the agony.

CallumLaidlaw
25-08-2013, 08:58 AM

What would you like me to do then?

Niffy
25-08-2013, 09:09 AM

That sig line is just confusing.

clerriehibs
25-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Do you think hibs have turned a corner like? Or is it just prolonging the agony.

For me, somewhere in the middle.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 09:34 AM
For me, somewhere in the middle.

Nowhere near the finished article in my opinion.

Saorsa
25-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Sorry but I can't believe how folk are prepared to accept the occasional narrow win as evidence that we are going in the right direction. He's had nearly 2 years and we are still **** to watch. We also remain in the bottom half of a **** league. What will it take for folk to wake up or do we have to wait for the next humiliation he has in store for us?They're not all but as long as he is here we might as well hope for the best. If he's no good enough and is still here the responsibility for that rests with those who run the club, those who gave him the job and those who dinnae want tae be wrong again so who will do nothing until they have absolutely nae choice.

I'm less sure now whether PF has what it takes but for as long as he is here and in the job I hope it is my doubts that are proved wrong and him that succeeds. My opinion of those who run this club winnae change either way.

brydekirk
25-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Only a home win against RossCounty will calm things for Pat IMO.
We have to be more convincing rather than lucky.
Collins needs a better service and a pacey winger will help the midfield to support him.

Golden Bear
25-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Turned the corner? - you're kidding right?

It will take an awful lot more than a very welcome but scrapped out victory at Kilmarnock to convince me that we even have a semblance of the Club we deserve.

Aldo
25-08-2013, 09:48 AM

Disagree there bud. Clancy is injured? And did you see the players reaction when we scored. Right sorry didn't it look like they cared?? Craig got booked for his celebration.

Credit where credit is due we won FFS. If this is yur response when we win god knows what it will be like when we lose.

Mmmmm

erin go bragh
25-08-2013, 10:15 AM
The board are sticking with Fenlon , which most of us disagree with , but we won yesterday without a decent pacy winger , so if and its a big if , Fenlon pulls a couple of gems out the last few days of the transfer window ,he might just turn our season around . We might start playing the attacking football we all want with the said signings .

Ggtth

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Turned the corner? - you're kidding right?

It will take an awful lot more than a very welcome but scrapped out victory at Kilmarnock to convince me that we even have a semblance of the Club we deserve.

I was asking not stating we have turned a corner. I agree with you mate. We are still in need of major improvement and must bring in one or two others.

Golden Bear
25-08-2013, 10:42 AM
I was asking not stating we have turned a corner. I agree with you mate. We are still in need of major improvement and must bring in one or two others.

:aok:

Thecat23
25-08-2013, 11:09 AM
The board are sticking with Fenlon , which most of us disagree with , but we won yesterday without a decent pacy winger , so if and its a big if , Fenlon pulls a couple of gems out the last few days of the transfer window ,he might just turn our season around . We might start playing the attacking football we all want with the said signings .

Ggtth

Fenlon could have 11 Messi's on that park and we'd still be playing at a pace my old man could keep up with. He doesn't know how to use the width of a pitch properly. So for me no matter who he brings in after 2 years of watching the same tactics every week I'll not be holding my breath for a change in style.

Fergus52
25-08-2013, 11:37 AM

What are you talking about?

Has Clancy even played this season?

:rolleyes:

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 11:46 AM

My honest opinion is it is more prolonging the agony than having turned a corner.

My point was more enjoy the wins when they come along and for a while yesterday the gloom was lifted.

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Nowhere near the finished article in my opinion.

Agreed, however Hibs will never be the finished article. Any time in my forty odd years following the club we get reasonably close somebody comes in and takes the manager or best players away

Not many if any clubs are ever the finished article.

JimBHibees
25-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Yam all over that.

Hermit Crab
25-08-2013, 12:36 PM
yam all over that.

ltyf

neil7908
25-08-2013, 12:48 PM
We are back, **** the negativity,,we went behind today, where's the character well it's there for all to see

Lets all pull together and move on, we'll done Pat and the boys

ggtth

I get the point of your post but the bit in bold = kneejerk.

We might, MIGHT be improving but far too early to say if we are on the up.

Next week is a massive game for Hibs and Fenlon - some decent football and 3 points will do a job at getting some fans back on his side.

ian cruise
25-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I've said before I think Pat's here for the season. Team starting to gel together, it will take a bit of time but they are all good players. Also hearts have only lost one game so far this season so that puts out derby result into a bit of context. I'm just taking this season as it comes but I am actually thinking it might turn out quite well. Probably just unfounded optimism.

weecounty hibby
25-08-2013, 03:18 PM

I totally agree with the first bit. All this pish about winning with Hibs style is garbage. Ask the Arsenal fans how unhappy they were when winning 1-0 and winning leagues. I would be chuffed to bits to see 11 snarling, aggressive, scrappers grinding out wins than watch us lose no matter if it was 4-5 or 10-11. Its winning that matters.
Not so sure i agree regarding PF. Call me stupid but i think he is the right man and we WILL go on a run now. I sure hope so

lord bunberry
25-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I totally agree with the first bit. All this pish about winning with Hibs style is garbage. Ask the Arsenal fans how unhappy they were when winning 1-0 and winning leagues. I would be chuffed to bits to see 11 snarling, aggressive, scrappers grinding out wins than watch us lose no matter if it was 4-5 or 10-11. Its winning that matters.
Not so sure i agree regarding PF. Call me stupid but i think he is the right man and we WILL go on a run now. I sure hope so
I disagree with that, we aren't going to be winning lots of games 1-0 on the way to a league title, so we should be trying to play a brand of football that encourages us to go to games expecting to see an entertaining match.

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 04:05 PM

Agree with the first bit mate, I will take a scrappy ground out win any day and if we win it with flair then that's a bonus. First and foremost what is important is the three points. You see teams playing with flair and lose with nothing to show for it, that doesn't win leagues or cups. If you get relegated at the end of the season but play with flair do you get any reward for it...NO. Yeh you will hear those romantics saying that we enjoyed watching flair football but the bottom line is that it doesn't win you anything.

Not too sure about Fenlon though mate.

Sir David Gray
25-08-2013, 05:37 PM

I wasn't able to make the game yesterday but I find it very hard to believe that we were worse than we were at Tynecastle.

scoopyboy
25-08-2013, 06:13 PM
I wasn't able to make the game yesterday but I find it very hard to believe that we were worse than we were at Tynecastle.

We weren't.