PDA

View Full Version : Rowan Vine

Bronson
24-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Heard on the radio today that he was outstanding, 2nd half in particular. Good to hear as I thought he was an improvement on Doyle when he signed and I really hope he comes good.

And that beard is magnificent.

Boyle89
24-08-2013, 06:57 PM
He was good on the ball and his movement to find space was good but on many occasions he just stopped running for the ball which was infuriating! I think he was better when he moved out wide and picked up the ball there. Also he had a nice few flicks that came off. Deffinately his best performance in a hibs shirt. Still not entirely convinced but a much better performance.

CallumLaidlaw
24-08-2013, 07:00 PM
He was absolutely DIRE in the first half. Like, really really bad.

He was a totally different player in the 2nd half

Wheat Hound
24-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Dreadful first half and improved slightly second half. Looks slow, unfit and, at times, damn uninterested. Would rather see Caldwell starting.

FromTheCapital
24-08-2013, 07:03 PM
His cross for Craig's 1st was perfect. He was poor in the first half but in the second half he was excellent. Best performance so far by a country mile! :agree:

Bronson
24-08-2013, 07:03 PM
He played out wide for St J last season and was one of their best players I felt. However having said that, he did highlight his desire to play through the middle when he signed for us. If he played in behind Collins rather than beside him could he help the chronic lack of service to him or does Collins need the extra man up top to support him? I'm not sure.

theonlywayisup
24-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Heard on the radio today that he was outstanding, 2nd half in particular. Good to hear as I thought he was an improvement on Doyle when he signed and I really hope he comes good.

Hi, Rowan. :wink:

Really pleased that you played well today.

Crab apple
24-08-2013, 07:06 PM

Vine was much better today and more of a threat than Collins. Like the team as a whole he improved in the second half. He pissed the Killie fans off by going to ground a lot but for me he was justified in doing so on most occasions. It does look like there is a lot of togetherness about the squad as there was another minor KT type kick off after Vine had been caught late. Handling and a few others got stuck in but unfortunately Danny took a booking.

Sanger
24-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Dreadful first half and improved slightly second half. Looks slow, unfit and, at times, damn uninterested. Would rather see Caldwell starting.
Sounds very familiar to last weeks performance.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2013, 07:08 PM
First half was argably one of the worst performances I've seen. At times it was just sheer laziness.

Second half was a different player. Quality cross for the first goal. Clearly has something, we just need to get it out of him. I actually think he is better drifting in from the wider areas

Pedantic_Hibee
24-08-2013, 07:09 PM
A poster called "Bronson" making his first two posts on Hibs.net, both praising Rowan Vine to the hilt and making special reference to his magnificently hirsute facial furniture.

I refer you to this picture of the infamous Charles Bronson below..........

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/8/9/1376063582802/Charles-Bronson-008.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. :cb

erin go bragh
24-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi, Rowan. :wink:

Really pleased that you played well today.

A bit unfair imo , supplied the cross for our first goal , by all accounts he had a decent second half when moved wide left .

Ggtth

Bronson
24-08-2013, 07:11 PM
A poster called "Bronson" making his first two posts on Hibs.net, both praising Rowan Vine to the hilt and making special reference to his magnificently hirsute facial furniture.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/8/9/1376063582802/Charles-Bronson-008.jpg

Hahahahahaha belter, touche.

brog
24-08-2013, 07:12 PM
RV was an absolute quality player 4 or 5 years ago. If he can recapture 90% of that form he'll do a great job for us. I also think he'll be a great mentor for Collins, Caldwell & Handling.

Bronson
24-08-2013, 07:15 PM
RV was an absolute quality player 4 or 5 years ago. If he can recapture 90% of that form he'll do a great job for us. I also think he'll be a great mentor for Collins, Caldwell & Handling.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not a £3m+ man at one point? Bearing in mind Franny Jeffers was once an £8m man I won't get too carried away but someone must have seen something in Vine to pay that

Billy Whizz
24-08-2013, 07:20 PM
He struggled in the 1st half, but he had a very good 2nd half. He could have been sent off for a couple if clumsy challenges. He looks to me like he's a bit short of fitness though.
Onwards and upwards for Rowan now!

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Everyone`s entitled to their opinión of course but it`s pretty disappointing that every thread on new players has to be along the lines of " he`s not too bad really " . These players have just arrived and a lot of their teammates are under 20 . Vine , Craig and OTJ all have good records in SPL , Collins in England but many people seem to look for negatives instead of looking forward to seeing them succeed at Hibs .

theonlywayisup
24-08-2013, 07:23 PM
A bit unfair imo , supplied the cross for our first goal , by all accounts he had a decent second half when moved wide left .

Ggtth

Sorry!!! :confused:

Was only suggesting that Bronson is actually Mr Vine. No other dig or whatever was meant by my post.

brog
24-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not a £3m+ man at one point? Bearing in mind Franny Jeffers was once an £8m man I won't get too carried away but someone must have seen something in Vine to pay that

I live in London & saw RV a few times some years back. First time, at CP, I was so impressed I remember telling everyone what a player he was. I think he probably has more innate talent than anyone at ER with possible exception of KT but he needs to deliver. If he can recapture 90% of his best he'll be a great signing & a possible great mentor for Collins, Caldwell & Handling.

hibby rae
24-08-2013, 07:29 PM

From a fellow beardy I'd just like to say to Rowan, never change. The beard is the sign of a real man!

Up The Bracket
24-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Great second half, linked up very well and created chances in abundance, hopefully he can kick on and grab a few goals. More of the same Rowan!

brog
24-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Apologies for repetition, a combination of IPad playing up & too much celebratory drink! :greengrin

Iggy Pope
24-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Definitely improved in the 2nd Half. Infuriating first half.

Walked a bit of a thin line after his yellow too.

Great assist for the equaliser, no question at all.

davhibby
24-08-2013, 07:38 PM
He made a couple of good runs and crosses second half. The two standouts were the goal and the one he set up for Collins I think but he looked much better second half

wheniwas5
24-08-2013, 08:04 PM
1st half was poor but made good runs and great cross for 1 st goal. I thought his 1st touch / passing was stray at times but definitely his best game so far.