PDA

View Full Version : Get a winger in now and let's push on!

California-Hibs
24-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Ok, a good win today. If we manage to get a good fast winger in this week we could really push on and make it 2 out of 2 next week against Ross County, which would make this look alot rosier!

I've been very critical of Fenlon in recent week's, called for a protest to happen etc, but after him getting a vote of confidence by Rod it looks like he's going nowhere till his contracts out at the end of the season.

I'd love to eat humble pie and be proved wrong and for this result to be the result that changes our season for the better and that we now go on a wee run, all while singing Pat's praises alot the way.

Do I see it? No, not really, but who know's. A winger of decent quality could make all the difference to this current team.

Us football fans are fickle, a win can make a big big difference. I'm under no false illusion that all is now well, but a turn in fortunes has to start somewhere?

Ah, I guess we'll see what next week brings, one step at a time. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
24-08-2013, 05:44 PM
One week; raging. Lets protest against the manager and get him sacked!

Next week; Yas, we won. Let's kick on with this manager!

Seriously. Just seriously. Pick a lane.

PeterboroHibee
24-08-2013, 05:49 PM
Ok, a good win today. If we manage to get a good fast winger in this week we could really push on and make it 2 out of 2 next week against Ross County, which would make this look alot rosier!

I've been very critical of Fenlon in recent week's, called for a protest to happen etc, but after him getting a vote of confidence by Rod it looks like he's going nowhere till his contracts out at the end of the season.

I'd love to eat humble pie and be proved wrong and for this result to be the result that changes our season for the better and that we now go on a wee run, all while singing Pat's praises alot the way.

Do I see it? No, not really, but who know's. A winger of decent quality could make all the difference to this current team.

Us football fans are fickle, a win can make a big big difference. I'm under no false illusion that all is now well, but a turn in fortunes has to start somewhere?

Ah, I guess we'll see what next week brings, one step at a time. :agree:

Personally I still think he should go. Im delighted we won and scored 2 goals, but I can only base my opinion on what Ive seen this season (and slightly on the results of previous seasons) which has largely been dreadful.

I agree we need a winger in though, hopefully that gets resolved this week.

neil7908
24-08-2013, 05:50 PM
A winger is an absolute must - Fenlon himself has said practically the same thing so I have hopes we will bring some in. The big question will be about quality. Its getting close to the end of the transfer window and I tend to think the best deals dont happen this late in the game, its usually a teams 3/4 choice or a quick decision is made to get a body in.

Another Matt Done wont do a lot to help the team but we need to make a signing in this area. Even with that I still think another forward or creative midfielder would be handy - not sure about the Collins and Vine partnership and although I'd like Caldwell to get some more game time, Fenlon doesnt seem convinced.

Next game is massive, a quality new signing, 3 points against County and some decent football will go a long way to getting the fans back. We need to set the team up the attack and win this game and show walk ups like me that its worth paying £22 to watch Hibs.

I also have my doubts if Pats the man but we need to get behind the team make the next week count.

ian cruise
24-08-2013, 05:51 PM
In all fairness to the op he isn't changing his tune, I think he's saying it looks like Pat is staying so lets support him. If the statement midweek is accurate and the board are backing Pat then I will too. Hopefully with the fans backing and some positivity the team will get a boost and we might get a run of good results and some decent performances (we can but hope!)

neil7908
24-08-2013, 05:55 PM

I dont think anyone (myself included) has changed their mind about Fenlon after the result today. Quite rightly there was a lot of anger initially after the derby and Motherwell game which begins to ebb as time passes after those games.

What has happened in the last week is that the club have been pretty set in backing the manager and it looks like we wont be going any time soon. I still think were heading in the wrong direction and that Fenlon probably wont (and shouldn't) see out his contract but as they say football is a results based business and he's eased the pressure slightly by winning today.

It'll take a lot more than one victory to get the majority of fans behind him again though. No one I've spoken to has changed their overall opinion of him one iota after todays game.

hibsbollah
24-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Its illogical to 'pick a lane'. Football is about results. Responding to events is a logical response. If he starts turning it around he deserves credit for it.
Persinally im sick of the whole 'should he shouldnt he' debate, I'll be getting behind the players and forgetting about who's in the dugout for a while.

California-Hibs
24-08-2013, 06:01 PM
In all fairness to the op he isn't changing his tune, I think he's saying it looks like Pat is staying so lets support him. If the statement midweek is accurate and the board are backing Pat then I will too. Hopefully with the fans backing and some positivity the team will get a boost and we might get a run of good results and some decent performances (we can but hope!)

Exactly. :agree: