PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit's due

Scottie
24-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Well done Hibs :thumbsup:

Well done Pat Fenlon :flag:

Well done the fantastic support that went through today :top marks

Onwards and upwards. We are stronger as one. Lets hope we can kick on from here.Were only 3 points off 2nd place. :hibees:hibees

HibsNibs
24-08-2013, 04:16 PM
A half pint of what you're on please :thumbsup:

Gustavo Fring
24-08-2013, 04:16 PM
is it time to accept fenlon is here for the rest of his contract and get behind him . then let him go for free at the end of the season

Wilson
24-08-2013, 04:17 PM
is it time to accept fenlon is here for the rest of his contract and get behind him . then let him go for free at the end of the season

No.

Vini1875
24-08-2013, 04:20 PM
He is going to stay and barring a serious disaster (having hearts over take us) I think he will be with us come May. Hope the football improves.

jonny
24-08-2013, 04:24 PM
It would seem (although wasn't at either game) that our 2nd half performances in the past 2 weeks were far better than the first. Anyone at the game notice if we changed shape or tactics?

lord bunberry
24-08-2013, 04:25 PM
We give him grief when we don't win so he deserves to take the credit when we win. It will take a lot more to convince me he's the man to take us to the top end of the league, but it's a start.

Keith_M
24-08-2013, 04:25 PM

It's only one game.

I'm as happy as any Hibs fan that we've finally won but one defeat does not make a bad manager and one win does not make a good manager.

Looking forward to seeing how we do against Ross County next week, one of our many 'bogey teams' :wink:

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 04:34 PM
About 99% of the credit should rightfully go to Liam Craig, who just had one of "those" games.

But make no mistake about it, we're still fairly dreadful. And our main strike force failing to get on the scoresheet again should still be of big concern to us.

Hibstrooper
24-08-2013, 04:36 PM
It would seem (although wasn't at either game) that our 2nd half performances in the past 2 weeks were far better than the first. Anyone at the game notice if we changed shape or tactics?

We played 442 throughout which was quite surprising. Even when Stanton came on for Vine at the end, Handling went up top with Caldwell.

I thought we were the better team overall, despite their goal - which was a cracker - we marshalled them well.

Tricla
24-08-2013, 04:44 PM
About 99% of the credit should rightfully go to Liam Craig, who just had one of "those" games.

But make no mistake about it, we're still fairly dreadful. And our main strike force failing to get on the scoresheet again should still be of big concern to us.

You're the biggest doom and gloomer on here ever I'd say.
Even your positive posts are tainted with misery.

We won. That's all that counts.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 04:46 PM
You're the biggest doom and gloomer on here ever I'd say.
Even your positive posts are tainted with misery.

We won. That's all that counts.

It's not doom and gloom at all, it's simply an honest way of looking at things. I'm as happy as any other Hibby that we won today, but we're still a far way off. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Although, there does seems to be quite a few on here from time to time.

Kato
24-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Like a fart in a lift.

JimBHibees
24-08-2013, 04:53 PM

Absolutely no concern if we are winning.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-08-2013, 04:54 PM
It's not doom and gloom at all, it's simply an honest way of looking at things. I'm as happy as any other Hibby that we won today, but we're still a far way off. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

I agree, not doom & gloom at all.

The game was rank rotten and boring and we almost gave them 1 point. We were still tactically rubbish so for me nothing's changed. Liam Craig's winner was a huge slice of luck.

Let me be clear though, I am delighted Hibs won!!

Just heard Pat on the way home as well, same drivel about getting luck. Why could he not articulate what actually went right today? It would be nice to hear him talk about his tactics and explain how he got a result today. It might instil a bit faith.

Kato
24-08-2013, 04:56 PM
It would be nice to hear him talk about his tactics and explain how he got a result today.

Why would he do that?

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Why would he do that?

Because most managers do that.

Butcher explained exactly how they got at Celtic today. Last week Lambert explained why his team were able to compete against Chelsea.

Why does he keep requiring luck or "a good break"?

Surely there is more to football than that?

neil7908
24-08-2013, 05:01 PM
Delighted with the win, its a massive result but still huge doubts about the manager. My unhappiness with him isn't down to a few bad results, its based on a number of issues that have been brewing for some time so 1 win wont be enough to change my opinion.

Next week is massive for us. If we can make a couple of signings during the week, add a bit of the much quoted flair, pace, creativity etc that we're still missing and then go out against Ross County, get another 3 points and play some decent football the tide could start turning in Fenlons favour.

Another poor performance and a defeat will be a bitter blow and undo any kudos he has got from today.

brydekirk
24-08-2013, 05:01 PM
We played 442 throughout which was quite surprising. Even when Stanton came on for Vine at the end, Handling went up top with Caldwell.

I thought we were the better team overall, despite their goal - which was a cracker - we marshalled them well.

Good to hear.

Kato
24-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Because most managers do that.

No they don't. No where near all. Even if they do they might not telling the truth.

Butcher explained exactly how they got at Celtic today. Last week Lambert explained why his team were able to compete against Chelsea.

Those guys aren't in Fenlon's position.

GlenrothesHibee
24-08-2013, 05:12 PM

Onwards and upwards. We are stronger as one. Lets hope we can kick on from here.Were only 3 points off 2nd place. :hibees:hibees

All of the above. Nothing boosts confidence like a win. Hopefully we can push on now

1two
24-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Hamden here we come

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-08-2013, 05:17 PM
No they don't. No where near all. Even if they do they might not telling the truth.

Those guys aren't in Fenlon's position.

Ok looks like I'm not going to win this discussion, I'll have to just accept your right.

Managers talk about tactics regardless of position though.

you never answered my question though about luck?

Northernhibee
24-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I agree, not doom & gloom at all.

The game was rank rotten and boring and we almost gave them 1 point. We were still tactically rubbish so for me nothing's changed. Liam Craig's winner was a huge slice of luck.

Let me be clear though, I am delighted Hibs won!!

Just heard Pat on the way home as well, same drivel about getting luck. Why could he not articulate what actually went right today? It would be nice to hear him talk about his tactics and explain how he got a result today. It might instil a bit faith.

We slag off Pat for claiming bad luck but when he wins with a hugely depleted squad we, without irony, say he's lucky.

Quite impressive that.

Ricky Bobby
24-08-2013, 05:25 PM
We give him grief when we don't win so he deserves to take the credit when we win. It will take a lot more to convince me he's the man to take us to the top end of the league, but it's a start.

Spot on.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-08-2013, 05:29 PM
We slag off Pat for claiming bad luck but when he wins with a hugely depleted squad we, without irony, say he's lucky.

Quite impressive that.

He was lucky today. He got the luck he was looking for obviously.

Like I said, Craig's winner was down to a mistake from Killie, not creation from us. they also squandered a sitter late on when 9/10 times the attacker would score.

Northernhibee
24-08-2013, 05:31 PM

Like I said, Craig's winner was down to a mistake from Killie, not creation from us. they also squandered a sitter late on when 9/10 times the attacker would score.

So you'll also accept his claims of bad luck, or do we just always have double standards.

We needed a result and got one. Well done Pat.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Absolutely no concern if we are winning.

Is a midfielder going to bag us a couple of goals on a consistant basis to win us games?

We should just do away with strikers altogether then.

Kato
24-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Ok looks like I'm not going to win this discussion, I'll have to just accept your right.

Cheers.

you never answered my question though about luck?

In some games it plays a part. Would you agree.

Danielyma6
24-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Aye well done Hibs :) I just hope Collins and vine start scoring soon

ny1875
24-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Is a midfielder going to bag us a couple of goals on a consistant basis to win us games?

Get some happy tablets man, lighten up, hibs won today ffs

hibs0666
24-08-2013, 06:03 PM

You're relentless I'll say that for you.

Mikey
24-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Get some happy tablets man, lighten up, hibs won today ffs

Best ignored. He's absolutely gutted we won today.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Agreed.

matty_f
24-08-2013, 06:07 PM
You're relentless I'll say that for you.

Relentless isn't the word I'd have used.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Best ignored. He's absolutely gutted we won today.

Shut yer hole.

Nobodies any happier than me that we won today. But this is just 1 game. If our main strike force don't start getting on the score sheet, surely that has to be a concern?

I don't see whats "negative" about saying that. It's simply the truth FFS.

lucky
24-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Great 3 points, but we must kick on. Hopefully our shirking violets will be OK at ER next week. The SPFL is going to even closer this year with Celtic running away with it and the Yams battling to stay in touch at the bottom. Every team will take points of each other so today was a good result away from home. I still think Killie will battle relegation with them and St Mirren and partick

bawheid
24-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Nobodies any happier than me that we won today.

:hilarious

Totally hating it.

allezsauzee
24-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Shut yer hole.

Nobodies any happier than me that we won today. But this is just 1 game. If our main strike force don't start getting on the score sheet, surely that has to be a concern?

Aye i don't see what's negative about concentrating on the fact that neither of our goals came from a forward rather than enjoying the fact that we got a good win away from home or acknowledging that Liam Craig really seems to be coming on to a game or praising the hard shift that Tom Taiwo put in or mentioning that the defence looked reasonably solid.

Mikey
24-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Shut yer hole.

Oooooh, how rude :hilarious

1875STEVE
24-08-2013, 06:23 PM
So let me get this straight.

When we lose, we are ***** and fenlon's at fault, ie tactics, formation, substitutions etc.

We win and Fenlon's lucky, despite changing the formation etc.

When another team scores, through a mistake, or chance created our defence is a joke and we are *****.

When we score, through a chance created, or defensive mistake, we are lucky.

And the goalscoring midfielder we signed to score goals, scores goals, and he has had "one of those games"

Seriously? :faf:

1068gary
24-08-2013, 06:25 PM
He is going to stay and barring a serious disaster (having hearts over take us) I think he will be with us come May. Hope the football improves.

totally agree!

Seveno
A mate of mine who is a St Johnstone fan, was gutted when they lost Liam Craig to us. He said that he would score 12 goals a season for us. He had some good shots last week and great that he scored 2 today.

How long since we last had a scoring midfielder ?

Credit to Pat and RP for signing him.

Hibercelona
Aye i don't see what's negative about concentrating on the fact that neither of our goals came from a forward rather than enjoying the fact that we got a good win away from home or acknowledging that Liam Craig really seems to be coming on to a game or praising the hard shift that Tom Taiwo put in or mentioning that the defence looked reasonably solid.

Its great to have a midfielder chipping in and grabbing a couple of goals, but that's hardly going to happen each week. We're still very flat footed up front. That's the truth whether people want to accept it or not.

Yes, we did look fairly solid at the back today and perhaps I should give more credit to the back line.

But i'm hardly going to get too far ahead of myself and assume that everything is all sunshine and roses now, because it isn't.

1068gary
24-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Well done the Hibs. The season starts here!:flag:

Jones28
24-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Shut yer hole.

Why not enjoy the win and save the negativity for Monday?

JimBHibees
24-08-2013, 06:31 PM

No we shouldnt do away with strikers, what a strange comment. A midfielder has scored two however our forwards probably had some hand in that. They will score in time and we have won dont see any need for the negative viewpoint

The Green Goblin
24-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Great win today- coming from behind to win is even better. Delighted and hope we can build on this. I don't think this automatically washes away the larger issues at the club debated on here over the last week though and, imho, there's nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Why not enjoy the win and save the negativity for Monday?

I'm not trying to be negative mate. But I don't want to get carried away either. I'm happy we won today, just as much as anyone else.

I just want the club to be at their best, I don't think there's anything negative about that at all. Quite the opposite.

Brooster
24-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Some folk on here need to get a grip. I think im right in saying that there's folk on this thread disappointed that we won today. Winning at killie is a good result, we should cut the manager and players some slack then get behind them next week and hopefully cheer them on to another three points.

Thecat23
24-08-2013, 06:44 PM
End of the day I'm delighted. It's a Hibs win, its what we needed and what we got. My feelings for the manager won't change anytime soon, but I'll defo be enjoying tonight a lot more than previous Saturday's.

So again well done Hibs, take this into next weeks game and kick on.

JimBHibees
24-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Some folk on here need to get a grip. I think im right in saying that there's folk on this thread disappointed that we won today. Winning at killie is a good result, we should cut the manager and players some slack then get behind them next week and hopefully cheer them on to another three points.

Completely agree fantastic result and hopefully the first step to a longer term improvement. No doubt some are yams on the troll as well though.

JimBHibees
24-08-2013, 06:47 PM
End of the day I'm delighted. It's a Hibs win, its what we needed and what we got. My feelings for the manager won't change anytime soon, but I'll defo be enjoying tonight a lot more than previous Saturday's.

So again well done Hibs, take this into next weeks game and kick on.

Agree with that.

yekimevol
24-08-2013, 06:49 PM

:top marks

brog
24-08-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm not trying to be negative mate. But I don't want to get carried away either. I'm happy we won today, just as much as anyone else.

I just want the club to be at their best, I don't think there's anything negative about that at all. Quite the opposite.

To go back to your original point, I would love to see our strikers scoring but honestly I really couldn't care who scores as long as we win. I remember our 3 league cup wins in my lifetime & in the midst of my celebrations being totally distressed that when King Paddy, Tommy Mac & Rob Jones scored they weren't strikers!!
I don't doubt you're a real Hibs fan but its beyond my comprehension why you would waste 30 seconds of your time posting such s**** as you did. Why would any Hibs fan want to engage in such pointless negativity?

erin go bragh
24-08-2013, 06:57 PM

Defence was solid . Vine by all accounts had a brilliant second half .
We came from a goal down to win at a tricky venue . Whats not to like a out that ? Hopefully we sign a quality winger before Saturday and kick on ? No !!

Ggtth

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 07:00 PM
To go back to your original point, I would love to see our strikers scoring but honestly I really couldn't care who scores as long as we win. I remember our 3 league cup wins in my lifetime & in the midst of my celebrations being totally distressed that when King Paddy, Tommy Mac & Rob Jones scored they weren't strikers!!
I don't doubt you're a real Hibs fan but its beyond my comprehension why you would waste 30 seconds of your time posting such s**** as you did. Why would any Hibs fan want to engage in such pointless negativity?

I don't care who scores our goals either mate. I don't care if the ball whacks off a seagull and deflects into the back of the net. It can happen every single time for all I care.

But we simply can't rely on our midfield players to do this for us week in week out, it just won't happen. That's why it concerns me that our main strike force seems to be having such a hard time finding their shooting boots.

It's not pointless negativety. It's a jusified concern.

Mikey
24-08-2013, 07:00 PM
No doubt some are yams on the troll as well though.

The biggest critics on this thread are definitely Hibs fans. They just want what's best for the club you know :wink:

Andy74
24-08-2013, 07:01 PM
There's a few things today that give some perspective.

Some of the players we have been very quick to be critical off have produced today.

We also needed every last central midfielder we have. Despite having way too many.

Stevenson at right back worked again.

Aberdeen lost to Hearts. Supposedly a sacking offence on its own.

Euro giants and team way ahead of us St Johndtone got horsed.

Maybe Dundee Utd aren't too shabby to get a point off when not playing well or confident.

We still need pace and creativity but I don't think we are too far off a team and squad that's as good as most.

Kato
24-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Shut yer hole.

You could yours and your moth while you're at it.

Nobodies any happier than me that we won today.

Wanna bet?

I'm not trying to be negative mate.

Yes, you are.

But I don't want to get carried away either.

I'm happy we won today, just as much as anyone else.

No you aren't.

I don't think there's anything negative about that at all. Quite the opposite.

You don't see anything negative in what you post?

Jonnyboy
24-08-2013, 07:09 PM

No, it's your way of looking at things

Thecat23
24-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Some of the players we have been very quick to be critical off have produced today.

We also needed every last central midfielder we have. Despite having way too many.

Maybe Dundee Utd aren't too shabby to get a point off when not playing well or confident.

We still need pace and creativity but I don't think we are too far off a team and squad that's as good as most.

Agree with that last part. I think our squad is actually not bad, we defo need more direct players but its solid enough.

The Dons thing though I think is harsh. They apparently battered Hearts and couldn't score something we didnt even try and do.

Stevenson I highly rate and he done well last week at RB even though I was about crying when he went there. Still rather have Maybury or Mullen.

But over all, great result so only fair to give everyone at the club credit, but it's a long, long way off happy about how I feel about the style of play and Pat himself. But the only way to prove me wrong is win and I'm happy if he does that.

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 07:12 PM

We still need pace and creativity but I don't think we are too far off a team and squad that's as good as most.Agree with all these points . Reaction to first 2 league defeats was way ott and new players seem to have done well today though I didn`t think they were too bad in other games . After Celtic , there are 11 teams which are fairly equal and capable of beating the others on their day and with luck . There are almost no really good players in any of the teams and so even the best players will be inconsistent and great play will be hard to see ( sad reality ) . A fantastic run at home last season took us to the top of the league last season - I doubt that will happen this year but I doubt we`d have won away from home with 4 or 5 first picks missing last season and hopefully having a stronger squad will mean we`ll keep challenge going all season .

Keith_M
24-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Another point worth making is that we were missing players through injuriy and suspension today. Add that to the fact that we're already light in some areas and it makes the result even more impressive.

As others have said, it's only one game so it doesn't mean we've turned some mythical corner but we can still enjoy the fact that we finally won.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2013, 07:37 PM

Hmmmmm perspective. We play atrociously bad in 5 games inluding humiliations against Malmo and Hearts and fan reaction is ott. Today we play better for one half and everything is ok? Perhaps we should wait a little further in to the season before cracking open the champagne.

Great result today but the myriad of problems in team quality haven't gone away. Hopefully confidence will get a boost after today, some injuries will clear up quickly and we might add a player or two before the window shuts with hopefully decent quality players and the season might start to improve.

Stringer
24-08-2013, 07:39 PM
I think KT shouldn't be played once his suspension is over. Our midfield is more balanced without him.

Andy74
24-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Hmmmmm perspective. We play atrociously bad in 5 games inluding humiliations against Malmo and Hearts and fan reaction is ott. Today we play better for one half and everything is ok? Perhaps we should wait a little further in to the season before cracking open the champagne.

Great result today but the myriad of problems in team quality haven't gone away. Hopefully confidence will get a boost after today, some injuries will clear up quickly and we might add a player or two before the window shuts with hopefully decent quality players and the season might start to improve.

Agree. In the same way we needed to wait further into the season to see if we are poor or not.

Weir7
24-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I think KT shouldn't be played once his suspension is over. Our midfield is more balanced without him.
I don't believe you were at the game today. A poor display by our midfield and forwards.

He'll walk back in.

We beat a very poor killie team.

Big Frank
24-08-2013, 07:47 PM
calm doon kato

:rolleyes:

Kato
24-08-2013, 08:13 PM
calm doon kato

:rolleyes:

I'm calm mate, cheers.

Iggy Pope
24-08-2013, 08:17 PM
There is a lot of talk of luck, good and bad on this thread.
From where I was sitting today the Kilmarnock goal was beautifully struck but he could try another 50 sitting up perfectly like that without hitting the net.

So he was lucky.

2-0 Hibs in my book.

B.H.F.C
24-08-2013, 08:43 PM
There were some positives today. Craig getting his goals being the obvious one as that's what he's here for. I thought Tudor Jones was better. Defensively we were solid enough.

I know he's a young boy but Handling doesn't do it for me. All be it he's not a right winger. If we could sort that position out before the end of the window it could make a massive difference. Also if we could get the Clancy we had at the start of last year back it would give us a much better balance at right back. Not Stevensons biggest fan but that's not a dig at him, it just slows everything down

Good win to come from behind away from home but we need to keep things in perspective. That was a really poor Killie team. Think they will really struggle this year. Home game next so we need to back up today with a win.

Persevere80
24-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Well done getting all 3 points today hibs. Happy to see us get our first win today.

On the squad/manager topics I think we have a not bad squad there. And we still have time in the transfer window to add 1 or 2. I don't think the team are any worse than under Calderwood. Petrie has come out and said he will be giving fenlon time, so it sounds like he has a chance to make the top six to me. The season starts here.

Glory Glory

Lang Toun Hibs
24-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Utter garbage. The pass played through was sublime (in my view) - think it was Tudor Jones. And yes it was forward and cutting...more please. Craig still had plenty to do...no luck involved. We weren't great but we were better than them and deserved the win in my view.

Onwards and upwards hopefully. Don't think they had too many chances to be honest...more luck involved in their goal than any of our chances.

mutley
24-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I was in 2 minds about going today, and last minute I thought ok why not, and I'm glad I did. Great 3 points and a happy hibee crowd with something to cheer about. Lots of grumbles at half time, which turned to cheers second half. I do agree that a scoring midfielder is great, but our strikers just don't seem to have the edge like we did with Griffiths. Lets see what we can do to County next week

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2013, 12:30 AM
It was vital to get that first win. We all share the sense of relief. Now we must kick on and find some consistency. No good following up a victory with a home defeat to Ross County. Today was a first step along the way to what's required.

Swedish hibee
25-08-2013, 03:51 AM
I Feel good :scarf::woohoo:

Niffy
25-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Credit where it's due ??

If Hearts avoid liquidation. They'll be well clear of relegation by January.
Battling their hearts out , scuse the pun.

Liberal Hibby
25-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Credit where it's due ??

If Hearts avoid liquidation. They'll be well clear of relegation by January.
Battling their hearts out , scuse the pun.

Not a chance - stop 'frothing' as I think it is called.

MacGruber
25-08-2013, 10:08 AM
WELL DONE HIBS. GET IN THERE.

Defenders, midfielders, forwards... - the TEAM scored 2. Other team scored 1. 3 points. Superb.

Enjoy the weekend people - I had the stomach to watch MOTD for the first time this season!

I predict an incisive free-flowing passing move finds its way out to our midweek signing Fleetfoot McQuickerson on the touchline and after racing past the full back sends in an inch perfect cross that Collins bullets in for his hat-trick. Ross County are hit for 5 and the full-time whistle is greeted with high fives from the defenders on keeping the clean sheet whilst Fenlon is thrown in the air by celebrating players and Jimmy Nicholl is doused with the ice-bucket by Sproule who joined the celebrations.

The only downside is the injury to Pat when he landed on top of Stevenson in the celebration who buckled under the weight, Stevenson however escapes injury which is a boost given his MOM performance from right-back even with Collins hat-trick and the cleanly shaven Vine's double.

The following week will see some infighting on hibs.net as to whether Pat's enforced period of absence due to his hip injury is a good thing or not.

Petrie refuses to comment.

:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2013, 10:15 AM

Defenders, midfielders, forwards... - the TEAM scored 2. Other team scored 1. 3 points. Superb.

Enjoy the weekend people - I had the stomach to watch MOTD for the first time this season!

I predict an incisive free-flowing passing move finds its way out to our midweek signing Fleetfoot McQuickerson on the touchline and after racing past the full back sends in an inch perfect cross that Collins bullets in for his hat-trick. Ross County are hit for 5 and the full-time whistle is greeted with high fives from the defenders on keeping the clean sheet whilst Fenlon is thrown in the air by celebrating players and Jimmy Nicholl is doused with the ice-bucket by Sproule who joined the celebrations.

The only downside is the injury to Pat when he landed on top of Stevenson in the celebration who buckled under the weight, Stevenson however escapes injury which is a boost given his MOM performance from right-back even with Collins hat-trick and the cleanly shaven Vine's double.

The following week will see some infighting on hibs.net as to whether Pat's enforced period of absence due to his hip injury is a good thing or not.

:greengrin

It's always entertaining when a nutter joins the forum. Welcome aboard, sir :flag:

mutley
25-08-2013, 10:32 AM
What's funnier....... in my mind I can actually picture that !

kaimendhibs
25-08-2013, 10:54 AM

Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

Chump
25-08-2013, 11:03 AM

totally agree...the football is garbage and is one of two fundamental reasons Hibs fans are staying away (losing being the other).

every Hibs fan will be relieved as well as delighted with the win and 3 points but not one should have walked away impressed with the performance of have a major bout of optimism.....same old same as far as I saw....

we must not accept mediocrity at the club....it's what we've come to expect over recent years and it is not good enough....Hibs fans should not be happy with yesterday's performance in any way - yes the result but not the performance. The sooner we change that mindset for all the better IMO

HibeeEmma
25-08-2013, 11:05 AM

This sums it up for me.

Spike Mandela
25-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Fleetfoot McQuickerson has just signed for Accrington Stanley.:grr:

green.and.white
25-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Like many on here, delighted with the win but still nowhere near convinced that Pat is the right man. Hopefully many more wins to come in the coming weeks so my opinion changes! Well done Hibs and Liam Craig

MacGruber
25-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Fleetfoot McQuickerson has just signed for Accrington Stanley.:grr:

Balls. Probably lose 1-0 then

lyonhibs
25-08-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think Fenlon has what it takes to be Hibs manager long term, but he can't be a clueless, one dimensional tactically inept eejit when we lose and a lucky, clueless one dimensional tactically inept eejit when we win.

Credit where it's due, as the man said. Now, for performances and results to permanently improve, that'll be the real test............

Northernhibee
25-08-2013, 12:39 PM
We have signed George Streetalchie though, defensive mid. Wonder how he'll fit in?

basehibby
25-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Shut yer hole.

:faf: you sure 'bout that?

Northernhibee
25-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Some on here are spewing. Roll on another GIRUY to the WUMs next week.

Fergus52
25-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Nobody said or even loosely implied that

erskine-hibby
25-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Good result against a **** team. Will take a whole lot more than this to convince me.

NAE NOOKIE
26-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Cant believe the stick Hibercelona has had on here. Like everybody else I was delighted that Hibs won on Saturday for two reasons.

1 ) Because I'm a Hibby and I'm always delighted when we win.

2 ) Any points gained in this league are more vital than probably any season since the SPL and now Premiership started. This is not a season to get relegated because the next championship season could end up being the toughest in history. If the Yams dont sustain their good start we could see a Championship with Newco, the Yams and possibly another relegated Premiership team. You dont want to be that team.

But one win after a bad run doesnt mean we have turned the corner any more than one defeat during a good run means we have turned rubbish. The problems with the team and manager which were apparent up to 2:59 on Saturday didnt magically disappear at 4:45.

I wasnt at the game so I am commenting out of context, but from the highlights it looked to me like for the second goal Liam Craig made his run from a central position rather than from out wide. Even though PF couldnt resist having a wee dig at folk who have been saying Craig should be in the middle.

I have no problem with a manager making comments about good or bad luck because it does play a part in winning or losing. There is no doubt that PF's luck has been bad on the injury front and perhaps the season would have started better with a full squad to choose from. The injury to Alex Harris has come at a terrible time with Cairney also being out.

But, I dont understand why some folk were down on the poster who said he would like PF to explain his tactics. No he doesnt have to, but it would be of interest to those of us who have difficulty seeing what ( apart from lumping the ball up the park to Collins and Vine ) his tactics actually are. The only thing I have seen from Hibs this season which was obviously part of a game plan was the way we handled James McFadyen against Motherwell .... something we did very well by the way.

Next up is Ross County who had a super result on Saturday against an admittedly faltering St Mirren. The return of Britten and Sproule seemed to make a huge difference to them, both in a playing and confidence sense. If we can win this one I for one will be a lot easier to convince that PF has finally managed to get to grips with the task at hand.

MADE IN LEITH
26-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Good win for Hibs, but your right it is a big concern that the strikers are not doing their bit. Yes it is four games into the season but they had better start scoring soon or we will be in trouble. It's like everything else in a team, if the defense leaks goals and doesn't do its job, the team gets nervous and performances dip and you lose games. Same with midfield, if they don't chip in and help out in defense or provide support for the front line, the Team suffers. Likewise, if the forwards don't do their job then we dependent on the defenders or midfielders scoring which in all scheme of things shows an obvious weakness in the side. Hence, this is not a negative spin, it is fact that we need our front men to score goals on a regular occurrence.

:agree:

--------
26-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Cant believe the stick Hibercelona has had on here. Like everybody else I was delighted that Hibs won on Saturday for two reasons.

2 ) Any points gained in this league are more vital than probably any season since the SPL and now Premiership started. This is not a season to get relegated because the next championship season could end up being the toughest in history. If the Yams dont sustain their good start we could see a Championship with Newco, the Yams and possibly another relegated Premiership team. You dont want to be that team.

But one win after a bad run doesnt mean we have turned the corner any more than one defeat during a good run means we have turned rubbish. The problems with the team and manager which were apparent up to 2:59 on Saturday didnt magically disappear at 4:45.

I wasnt at the game so I am commenting out of context, but from the highlights it looked to me like for the second goal Liam Craig made his run from a central position rather than from out wide. Even though PF couldnt resist having a wee dig at folk who have been saying Craig should be in the middle.

I have no problem with a manager making comments about good or bad luck because it does play a part in winning or losing. There is no doubt that PF's luck has been bad on the injury front and perhaps the season would have started better with a full squad to choose from. The injury to Alex Harris has come at a terrible time with Cairney also being out.

But, I dont understand why some folk were down on the poster who said he would like PF to explain his tactics. No he doesnt have to, but it would be of interest to those of us who have difficulty seeing what ( apart from lumping the ball up the park to Collins and Vine ) his tactics actually are. The only thing I have seen from Hibs this season which was obviously part of a game plan was the way we handled James McFadyen against Motherwell .... something we did very well by the way.

Next up is Ross County who had a super result on Saturday against an admittedly faltering St Mirren. The return of Britten and Sproule seemed to make a huge difference to them, both in a playing and confidence sense. If we can win this one I for one will be a lot easier to convince that PF has finally managed to get to grips with the task at hand.

:agree::agree::agree:

The Sea-gull
26-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Having just posted a thread giving grudging credit to Hearts, thought I had better put some credit the way of our win on Sat.

Great result for the team and a tough place to get a win.

Have slightly softened my stance on Fenlon but he has to prove it over the course of a season not in just one game. My Fenlon out shouts are definitely not as loud as they were a couple of weeks ago though.

khib70
26-08-2013, 10:59 AM

:top marks This, absolutely

Thecat23
26-08-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't think Fenlon has what it takes to be Hibs manager long term, but he can't be a clueless, one dimensional tactically inept eejit when we lose and a lucky, clueless one dimensional tactically inept eejit when we win.

Credit where it's due, as the man said. Now, for performances and results to permanently improve, that'll be the real test............

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/stepbrothers-yep-gif.gif

Stevie Reid
26-08-2013, 11:19 AM

Last year one of our biggest problems was that we had no goalscoring midfielders, which put loads of pressure on Doyle and Griffiths - now we have one who has just won us a game and you seem to think that it somehow puts more pressure on our strikers?

Two of our midfield players have just won us our first 4 points of the season, and I'm delighted. I would obviously love for our strikers to score soon, and we do very much need to start creating more chances for them, but the midfield finally weighing in with some goals can only be a good thing.

The Sea-gull
26-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Last year one of our biggest problems was that we had no goalscoring midfielders, which put loads of pressure on Doyle and Griffiths - now we have one who has just won us a game and you seem to think that it somehow puts more pressure on our strikers?

Two of our midfield players have just won us our first 4 points of the season, and I'm delighted. I would obviously love for our strikers to score soon, and we do very much need to start creating more chances for them, but the midfield finally weighing in with some goals can only be a good thing.

If anything, midfielders scoring relieves the pressure on strikers. If Collins and Vine are strikers worth their salt then they will be putting pressure on themselves to score and won't be happy that with 4 games gone they have yet to find the net.

In an ideal world both our strike force and midfield would get their fair share of goals but as long as the team is winning then it doesn't matter who scores.

The likelihood is that we will drop more points than we win unless our strikers score regularly. I am sure there plenty of examples of successfull teams who don't have main goalscorers and everyone chips in but for the most point successful teams have strikers who find the net regularly.

Ours need to start scoring as, while I think Craig and Scott Robertson (esp Craig) have 10-12 goals a season each in them, I don't think we have a enough goals in the rest of the team if our strikers aren't going to be hitting 15 - 20.