PDA

View Full Version : What happened with Fenlon before the game?

R'Albin
24-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Wasn't able to listen to Sportsound at the time but apparently he was at an hour long meeting before the game with the board? Can anyone elaborate on what happened exactly?

LongshanksED
24-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I doubt anyone on the forums was in the board meeting and anything that is "reported" will just be gossip

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 04:09 PM
This is your last chance to get a result?

R'Albin
24-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Sorry, was more asking whether Nicholl took the team talk and all that?

Hibdan12
24-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Wasn't able to listen to Sportsound at the time but apparently he was at an hour long meeting before the game with the board? Can anyone elaborate on what happened exactly?

I was outside the main stand at rugby park today about ten past two as Rod and two other directors arrived.

The_Horde
24-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Hopefully sealing a deal with a player!

scoopyboy
24-08-2013, 06:15 PM

I don't believe that.

DH1875
24-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't believe that.

They had a meeting before the game. Don't think it was for an hour though.

The Green Goblin
24-08-2013, 06:30 PM
They had a meeting before the game. Don't think it was for an hour though.

Maybe there is nothing to read into this, or maybe it's to do with a new signing or something? If it was something more serious, would they really have had that meeting at another club, an hour or two before the game? Surely a meeting like that would be done at ER?

Speedway
24-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Maybe there is nothing to read into this, or maybe it's to do with a new signing or something? If it was something more serious, would they really have had that meeting at another club, an hour or two before the game? Surely a meeting like that would be done at ER?

Wasn't the team bus held back at Invernes's once when Rod laid the smack down on Mixu?

DH1875
24-08-2013, 06:35 PM

I've no idea what it was about or why they done it or how long it was for but they did have a meeting :greengrin.

oconnors_strip
24-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't believe that.

Apparently it was on sky sports news about this meetibg

YehButNoBut
24-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Think he covers it in his post match interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23828906#asset

hibbill2002
24-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Think he covers it in his post match interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23828906#asset

Cannae get content on this device, what did he say?

DaveF
24-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Cannae get content on this device, what did he say?

Nothing in it, has regular meetings with the chairman and so on...

hibbill2002
24-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Cheers

scoopyboy
24-08-2013, 08:05 PM

On a Monday or Tuesday.

I can't believe the board would have a meeting with the manager at an away League match before the kick off.

When would it have happened?

Team would have been at ground at around 1.30pm, already been posted that Rodders and other directors arrived after 2pm.

Cannae really see Tam McCourt going into the dressing rooms and saying to PF at around 2.30pm that he was to attend a board meeting.

scoopyboy
24-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Wasn't the team bus held back at Invernes's once when Rod laid the smack down on Mixu?

Yes, 100% correct.

A poster on here was the bus driver IIRC.

Pretty sure Deek got a lift back.

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:12 PM
No meeting was held, lets no get carried away, rod will have the 2 year extension contract out next week

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Pat had discovered that one of the filing cabinets in his office was a portal to another dimension in space and time. Though tempted to go through it and explore, he thought that he would raise the issue first with the board. Several members were indeed very excited and wanted to investigate, but Rod Petrie urged that we err on the side of caution and locked the cabinet, secreting the key in his pocket. Petrie's argument, not entirely unreasonable, was that a fissure in the space-time continuum, if opened, might prove difficult to close and could even expand, possibly sucking in and doing damage to, at least part of the club's infrastructure.

patch1875
24-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Pat had discovered that one of the filing cabinets in his office was a portal to another dimension in space and time. Though tempted to go through it and explore, he thought that he would raise the issue first with the board. Several members were indeed very excited and wanted to investigate, but Rod Petrie urged that we err on the side of caution and locked the cabinet, secreting the key in his pocket. Petrie's argument, not entirely unreasonable, was that a fissure in the space-time continuum, if opened, might prove difficult to close and could even expand, possibly sucking in and doing damage to, at least part of the club's infrastructure.

That's what I heard too

SMAXXA
24-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Duno if its cause am shattered but a started reading it and thought yawn :wink:

Eyrie
24-08-2013, 09:12 PM

This filing cabinet needs investigated thoroughly. Move it to the PBS and tell ImanMP Murray that there's publicity involved if he climbs inside.

S4uzee
24-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Is Pat referring to the supporters when he says that he was told Liam Craig can't play on the left? A sly dig if true :aok:

Dunderhall
24-08-2013, 09:15 PM
What a load of cack.

As if Petrie would allow more than one filing cabinet.

Gerard
24-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Also any future infrastructure additions and upgrades

Jonnyboy
24-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Is Pat referring to the supporters when he says that he was told Liam Craig can't play on the left? A sly dig if true :aok:

I'm guessing he is aye. Wonder how he knew fans were saying that :wink:

S4uzee
24-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm guessing he is aye. Wonder how he knew fans were saying that :wink:
Probably spent last week as a guest on here :wink:

Gerard
24-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Probably spent last week as a guest on here :wink:
He might have done that and also called a friend:wink::greengrin

Andy74
24-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I notice one or two players mentioning how pleased they are for the manager. Genuinely think the squad is with him.

Of course they need many more results before his job isn't being discussed every day!

IberianHibernian
24-08-2013, 10:07 PM
I notice one or two players mentioning how pleased they are for the manager. Genuinely think the squad is with him.

Of course they need many more results before his job isn't being discussed every day!Pat`s job will always be discussed . If we`re getting great results comments will be about offers from other clubs and from players who are angry about not getting a chance and if results are disappointing or like most years with Hibs rumours will circulate about getting a new manager and also from players who think they deserve a better chance . If we`d won either cup final , we`d probably be in same or worse league place but with Billy Brown as manager , even smaller crowds and Pat managing in England .

silverhibee
24-08-2013, 11:18 PM

For a good few hours.

silverhibee
24-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Yes, 100% correct.

A poster on here was the bus driver IIRC.

Pretty sure Deek got a lift back.

He did. :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
25-08-2013, 12:03 AM

No that was Perth. Rod gets changed into spandex at Aviemore...

seanshow
25-08-2013, 12:59 AM
BBc Sportsound Sat 24th

A rough transcription

Richard Gordon "Let's go over to Rugby Park now where Chick Young has just interviewed Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon.

Chuckie Young " Yes I have literally just spoken with Pat Fenlon as he has spent the last hour in a meeting with Rod Petrie, I understand."

...seemd to have the desired effect :greengrin

SaulGoodman
25-08-2013, 01:37 AM
'Okay, Pat. Remember when you signed we spoke about the 5 year plan'

'Yes, Rod. You said..'

'Never mind what I said, today is the day that plan goes into motion'

'But Rod I don't really think the Champions League is ready for us yet'

'Let them score first so we don't arouse suspicions, then go for the win, the premiership will never know what hit them!

Slightly steaming transcript of what I think happened :greengrin

mikewynne
25-08-2013, 03:38 AM
I heard from a very unreliable source that isn't in the know and has been wrong in the past, that Pat was discussing the boards inability to communicate with supporters. He went ballistic at Rod and left him in no doubt that he has the next three games to put things right or STF will be sacked. Pat has had joiner in to fit a shoogly peg as a warning.
Pat is planning a meeting with supporters next as he feels they are not performing to their ability and he won't accept less than 112.78% effort.
Less to follow.

:) Nice post, made me giggle!

Winston Ingram
25-08-2013, 07:27 AM

Of course they need many more results before his job isn't being discussed every day!

They're not performing as if they are with him

Andy74
25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
They're not performing as if they are with him

They are. You can see their reactions to things and they do care. We are lacking a few things but I think they are all trying alright.