PDA

View Full Version : 2013 US Open

Sir David Gray
23-08-2013, 12:53 AM
The final Grand Slam of the season starts on Monday and for the first time ever, Andy Murray will be coming into a Major as the defending champion.

The draw was made today and his potential route to the final and to defending his title will be;

Round 1-Michael Llodra
Round 2-Victor Hanescu
Round 3-Juan Monaco
Last 16-Nicolas Almagro
Quarter finals-Tomas Berdych
Semi finals-Novak Djokovic
Final-Rafael Nadal

I don't expect any problems for him before the quarter finals, but it will be really tough playing Berdych, Djokovic and then Nadal, all over best of five set matches over the course of around five days.

If that's how the draws pans out, he'll really deserve it if he manages to defend his trophy this year.

The 2013 US Open sees Roger Federer have his lowest seeding at a Grand Slam tournament since he entered the 2002 US Open as the 13th seed.

This year he's the 7th seed after dropping two places in the world rankings this week. That means he could face Rafael Nadal as early as the quarter finals and if he managed to win that one, he could then face either Murray or Djokovic in the final.

Sylar
23-08-2013, 09:25 AM
The final Grand Slam of the season starts on Monday and for the first time ever, Andy Murray will be coming into a Major as the defending champion.

The draw was made today and his potential route to the final and to defending his title will be;

Round 1-Michael Llodra
Round 2-Victor Hanescu
Round 3-Juan Monaco
Last 16-Nicolas Almagro
Quarter finals-Tomas Berdych
Semi finals-Novak Djokovic
Final-Rafael Nadal

I don't expect any problems for him before the quarter finals, but it will be really tough playing Berdych, Djokovic and then Nadal, all over best of five set matches over the course of around five days.

If that's how the draws pans out, he'll really deserve it if he manages to defend his trophy this year.

The 2013 US Open sees Roger Federer have his lowest seeding at a Grand Slam tournament since he entered the 2002 US Open as the 13th seed.

This year he's the 7th seed after dropping two places in the world rankings this week. That means he could face Rafael Nadal as early as the quarter finals and if he managed to win that one, he could then face either Murray or Djokovic in the final.

Wow!

How has Nadal looked on hard court? I've not seen any tennis since Wimbledon so my instant reaction is that I would still back Federer over Nadal on a hard-court surface.

Looking forward to this though as the US Open is always enjoyable.

Personally, I fancy Djokovic this year but it's based on nothing other than a good ol' fashioned hunch :greengrin

jodjam
23-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Wow!

How has Nadal looked on hard court? I've not seen any tennis since Wimbledon so my instant reaction is that I would still back Federer over Nadal on a hard-court surface.

Personally, I fancy Djokovic this year but it's based on nothing other than a good ol' fashioned hunch :greengrin

Nadal had been amazing on the hard court. Won the two back to back masters events and also beat federer , albeit in a tight match. Nadal has quite a tough draw.

I agree with FH re Murray and the berdych tie. However if Murray can serve well I think it's his to lose as nole is not in top form.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Wow!

Nadal has been immense on hard court all year. Since he came back in February, he's played three hard court tournaments, at Indian Wells back in March and Montreal and Cincinnati back to back over the past couple of weeks and won all three!

It's even more impressive when you consider that hard courts are thought to be the most punishing on his knees.

Looking at his record as a whole in 2013, it really is outstanding. He has entered twelve tournaments this year and won nine of them. In two of the other three tournaments, he lost in the final and the only real blot on his copybook was the inexplicable first round exit at Wimbledon at the hands of Steve Darcis.

If Nadal does play Federer in the quarter finals, I honestly can't see Federer having enough to beat him over five sets. Nadal has beaten him on the last five occasions that they have met in a Grand Slam and there's just something about Nadal's game that Federer has just never been very comfortable with.

I would say that the top three players will all be in the semis, although as I said before, Murray will have a tough match against Berdych if it materialises.

I'd like to say that Murray will make the final and he's got every chance but if I was a betting man, I would say the final will be between Djokovic and Nadal.

Sir David Gray
24-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Also a big well done to Dan Evans who has come through three rounds of qualifying to make it to the main draw.

It's the first time that he'll have played in the main draw of a Grand Slam on merit as his only other appearances in a Grand Slam have come at Wimbledon as a result of wild cards.

All the best to him next week. :aok:

His potential first round opponents are;

Igor Sijsling
Martin Klizan
Lukas Lacko
James Blake
Marcos Baghdatis
Feliciano Lopez
Milos Raonic
Jerzy Janowicz
Jack Sock
David Ferrer
Robin Haase
Kei Nishikori
Vasek Pospisil

Or he could face two other qualifiers.

Some big names in that list and he'll be up against it but it'll hopefully be a great experience for him.

Sir David Gray
26-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Absolutely fantastic result for Dan Evans today, beating 11th seed Kei Nishikori in straight sets.

He'll now play Bernard Tomic in round two.

Well done to him on winning his first ever match in the main draw of a Grand Slam. :aok:

Also a solid start for Laura Robson as she won 7-5 6-0 to make the second round.

--------
27-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Absolutely fantastic result for Dan Evans today, beating 11th seed Kei Nishikori in straight sets.

He'll now play Bernard Tomic in round two.

Well done to him on winning his first ever match in the main draw of a Grand Slam. :aok:

Also a solid start for Laura Robson as she won 7-5 6-0 to make the second round.

He really played well, didn't he? :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Is Azarenka pregnant? She looks a fair size!

HibbyAndy
28-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Eurosport wont show Murray matches live WTF???!!! Where you ment to watch them then??

Edit : Sky :greengrin

jodjam
28-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Is Azarenka pregnant? She looks a fair size!

She's always looked a fairly big Burd. I always picture her looking more at home playing in the mothers comps at the braids tennis club.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Laura Robson through to 3rd round, beating Caroline Garcia 6-4 7-6. :aok:

Now a rematch from last year against Li Na, who she beat at the same stage in 2012.

Very tough challenge.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2013, 11:37 PM
She's always looked a fairly big Burd. I always picture her looking more at home playing in the mothers comps at the braids tennis club.

I quite enjoy keeping a close eye on her! :greengrin

Her Ned Kelly is certainly a lot bigger than it was at Wimbledon, maybe she's been doing a couple of those Man v Food challenges in The States!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Laura Robson through to 3rd round, beating Caroline Garcia 6-4 7-6. :aok:

Now a rematch from last year against Li Na, who she beat at the same stage in 2012.

Very tough challenge.

I thought she looked quite concerned about her wrist at the end of the match, I think she might struggle in the next round, hopefully not though.

Sir David Gray
28-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Things aren't going Andy Murray's way at the beginning of the tournament.

With his main rivals for the title already safely through to round two, he's yet to start his first round match and with the rain starting to fall yet again in New York, there is a chance that he may not complete his match against Michael Llodra until Thursday.

That would be a total nightmare for him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Murray takes the first set 6-2.

--------
29-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Murray takes the first set 6-2.

Murray through 2-4-3 - Evans plays Tomic tonight?

Westie1875
29-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Evans giving Tomic a match at the moment, one set each and 3-2 Tomic in the 3rd with Evans to serve.

Treadstone
29-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Go on Dan ! Getting invested in this like its oor Andy. Up 2 sets to 1.

Treadstone
29-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Well done Dan. Wins in 4 sets. A decent payday too. Hope the LTA provide some financial assistance as he has certainly earned it.

Edit: $93k so far

Sir David Gray
29-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Outstanding performance by Dan Evans once again. The way he played tonight, he should be ranked inside the top 50 at least.

Probably faces Tommy Robredo in round three.

Very experienced player who was ranked fifth in the world a few years ago but from what I saw tonight, if Evans plays like he did tonight, he's got every chance.

If he beats Robredo, he'll possibly play Roger Federer in the last 16!

Treadstone
29-08-2013, 10:04 PM
I quite enjoy keeping a close eye on her! :greengrin

Her Ned Kelly is certainly a lot bigger than it was at Wimbledon, maybe she's been doing a couple of those Man v Food challenges in The States!

Just watched Azarenka. Love the way she doesn't give a hoot about anything. Quite refreshing.

Treadstone
30-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Looking forward to see Robson against Li Na. Quite impressed with her win vs Garcia and that level could be good enough here against the flaky Chinese player. Love that forehand. Good footwork against Garcia as well noticable improvement.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Robson pumped 2-6, 5-7

Treadstone
30-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Robson pumped 2-6, 5-7

So disappointed. Fifth seed wins so not a shocker but poor performance from Robson. Expected her to take the second to a tie-breaker.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I know she beat Li Na last year at the US Open but she's a really good player with a lot of experience.

Robson has a bright future in the game but I think top ten ranked players will beat her more often than not at the moment.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Andy Murray will be on very soon against Leonardo Mayer as Tomas Berdych has just won his match.

Players should be on in under 10 minutes for the warm up.

HibbyAndy
30-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Murray WTF with the England shirt??"!!

Sir David Gray
30-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Slight wobble from Murray here as he drops the third set, 6-3.

Still leads two sets to one.

Sir David Gray
30-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Murray breaks to go 3-1 up in the fourth set.

Should be fine from here! :wink:

Sir David Gray
30-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Murray wins 7-5 6-1 3-6 6-1.

Made it a bit harder for himself that it needed to be at times but it was still a fairly convincing win in the end and he's safely through to round three, where he'll meet Florian Mayer, who's no relation to his opponent tonight!

jodjam
31-08-2013, 06:18 AM
Delpo loses to Hewitt. Didn't see that one coming.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Delpo loses to Hewitt. Didn't see that one coming.

Nope.

Managed to stay awake until the end of the second set, which was about 2am.

Hewitt was serving at 5-4, with a chance to go two sets up, lost his serve and then got broken again at 5-6 when he had been 40-0 up. I switched off the TV and went to bed, fully expecting to see in the morning that Hewitt had crumbled and lost in four sets.

Del Potro then won the third set so for Hewitt to come back from two sets to one down against someone like Del Potro is quite impressive.

The match will have taken a lot out of him but he must be the favourite to progress to the last 16 now as he plays Evgeny Donskoy in the 3rd round.

Although he did have a similar experience a couple of months ago at Wimbledon when he took out Stanislas Wawrinka and then went on to lose to Dustin Brown in the next round.

You can never dismiss Lleyton Hewitt though.

Great competitor.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Dan Evans vs Robredo at the minute.

Tail end of first set. 5-5.

Evans is raw, poor first serve, but has some cracking shots in his locker, and a lot of energy.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Shame Evans couldn't have won that 4th set last night as it would have been a really interesting decider.

Still, no disgrace and this has been a huge breakthrough for him.

Hopefully he can push on now and try to break into the top 100 next year.

Only one Brit left now though and yet again it's Andy Murray.

He should be on around 6pm tonight against Florian Mayer.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
First set to Murray on a tiebreak.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Second set Murray, 6-2.

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Murray wins 7-6 6-2 6-2 in under 2 hours.

Into the last 16, up next will be either Andreas Seppi or Denis Istomin.

jodjam
02-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Istomin next up. Guess you could say the Murray fans will be curing the hay fever problem tomorrow at flushing meadow as they will all be anti-istomin's.

I'll get ma coat

jodjam
03-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Federer out in straight sets to robredo. I canny see fed adding to his major haul now.

Nadal through in 4 sets. His path to the final is fairly straight forward now as ferrer does not have a good record in head 2 head

Sylar
03-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Istomin next up. Guess you could say the Murray fans will be curing the hay fever problem tomorrow at flushing meadow as they will all be anti-istomin's.

I'll get ma coat

That's bad, but so much so, it's actually quite good :greengrin

However, it does deserve an "Oooooh...."

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Federer out in straight sets to robredo. I canny see fed adding to his major haul now.

Nadal through in 4 sets. His path to the final is fairly straight forward now as ferrer does not have a good record in head 2 head

I personally wouldn't be surprised if Federer calls it a day at the end of the year.

I can't see him sticking around to just make up the numbers, after the career that he's had. I don't think that will give him any satisfaction.

The result last night, coupled with his 2nd round defeat to Sergiy Stakhovsky at Wimbledon in June suggests to me that he is possibly nearing the end of his career.

If it is the end then I would like to say that it has been an absolute privilege to watch Federer over the past decade and for about six years from about 2004-2009, he was almost unbeatable.

Some of the records that he holds are just staggering;

17 Grand Slam titles
302 weeks as world number one, including 237 weeks consecutively between 2004-2008
Reached the final of each Grand Slam at least five times
24 Grand Slam final appearances (including 10 in a row)

If it hadn't been for a certain Rafael Nadal, Federer could easily have won about 25 Grand Slams by now.

When he eventually decides to retire, he will undoubtedly be remembered by many as the greatest tennis player who has ever lived and I can see no reason to argue with that statement.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Good match on just now between Mikhail Youzhny and Lleyton Hewitt.

One set all and Hewitt was serving for a two sets to one lead but Youzhny's just broken back.

5-5 in the third set.

Murray's not due on until around 2am tomorrow for his match against Denis Istomin.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Hewitt, two sets to one after winning the third set on a tiebreak.

Winner will probably face Djokovic in the quarter finals.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Youzhny wins five games in a row to win the fourth set after Hewitt was 4-1 up.

Into a decider now.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Hewitt broken after serving for the match at 5-3 up.

Youzhny serving now at 4-5.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Three games in a row for Youzhny and he'll now serve for the match at 6-5 up.

Hewitt will kick himself if he ends up losing this one.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Youzhny wins 6-3 3-6 6-7 6-4 7-5 in almost 4 hours.

He'll now play either Novak Djokovic or Marcel Granollers in the quarter finals.

Sir David Gray
03-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Frightening performance by Djokovic tonight as he destroys Granollers 6-3 6-0 6-0 in just 79 minutes.

Hibbyradge
03-09-2013, 11:18 PM

I'll get ma coat

:faf:

:top marks

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Murray chucks the first set away on a tie break, could be a long night! :yawn:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Easy 2nd set for Murray 6-1.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Murray took the final two sets 6-4 to continue his US Open progress.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
He now plays Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarter finals after he knocked out Tomas Berdych.

Although Wawrinka is ranked lower than Berdych, it will still be a tough match for Murray and Wawrinka has already beaten Murray at the US Open so he'll have to be at his best to win.

Quarter final draw;

Novak Djokovic v Mikhail Youzhny
Andy Murray v Stanislas Wawrinka
Richard Gasquet v David Ferrer
Tommy Robredo v Rafael Nadal

I think out of all the favourites to progress to the semi finals, Murray has the toughest draw. I don't see Djokovic or Nadal have any trouble getting through and Ferrer has a great record against Gasquet.

I expect Murray to win as well but it won't be easy.

Sylar
04-09-2013, 11:29 AM
He now plays Stanislas Wawrinka in the quarter finals after he knocked out Tomas Berdych.

Although Wawrinka is ranked lower than Berdych, it will still be a tough match for Murray and Wawrinka has already beaten Murray at the US Open so he'll have to be at his best to win.

Quarter final draw;

Novak Djokovic v Mikhail Youzhny
Andy Murray v Stanislas Wawrinka
Richard Gasquet v David Ferrer
Tommy Robredo v Rafael Nadal

I think out of all the favourites to progress to the semi finals, Murray has the toughest draw. I don't see Djokovic or Nadal have any trouble getting through and Ferrer has a great record against Gasquet.

I expect Murray to win as well but it won't be easy.

I'd expect Murray to win too but the worry is that it's a long game, as I can see Wawrinka taking a set at least. If he drags it out to 5, Murray will need to dig deep to face Djokovic in the SFs as Youzhny shouldn't present too much of a problem for him.

Can't see anyone but Nadal emerging from the other side of the draw.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2013, 11:49 PM
I'd expect Murray to win too but the worry is that it's a long game, as I can see Wawrinka taking a set at least. If he drags it out to 5, Murray will need to dig deep to face Djokovic in the SFs as Youzhny shouldn't present too much of a problem for him.

Can't see anyone but Nadal emerging from the other side of the draw.

Yep Murray probably won't want to stay on court for 3-4 hours against Wawrinka tomorrow, with a semi final (if they both win) against Djokovic on Saturday.

I think the longer the match goes on tomorrow, Murray will be the overwhelming favourite for it but it will make it harder for him against Djokovic in the semis.

I agree with you about Nadal.

I notice that Gasquet beat Ferrer earlier in five sets but there's no danger he'll beat Nadal, assuming that Nadal beats Robredo later tonight of course.

Gasquet's played him ten times in his career, never beaten him and only managed to win four sets in those ten meetings.

That has straight sets written all over it.

I'm still going for Nadal v Djokovic in the final, although I obviously hope that Murray gets there again.

jodjam
05-09-2013, 07:40 PM
First set to stan 6-4. He dictated the majority of the points and it was well deserved. Mon Andy

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-09-2013, 07:54 PM
If the Swiss no.2 can maintain his form throughout this match I don't think Andy will be going any further.

blackpoolhibs
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
If the Swiss no.2 can maintain his form throughout this match I don't think Andy will be going any further.

:agree: He's getting a bit of a pasting here, think i will turn over to big brother and hope when i turn back he's regained some sort of form and pulled it back. :wink:

theonlywayisup
05-09-2013, 08:03 PM
:agree: He's getting a bit of a pasting here, think i will turn over to big brother and hope when i turn back he's regained some sort of form and pulled it back. :wink:

Murray* 4-6 2-5 Wawrinka

Treadstone
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Murray has been patchy this US open at best. Wawrinka winning all the big points. Can't see any way back for Andy in this one.

lyonhibs
05-09-2013, 08:19 PM
Murray's goose is cooked.

Treadstone
05-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Forehand has gone missing tonight. Andy clueless on which wing to attack. Wawrinka playing as well as he did in Aussie against Novak.

lyonhibs
05-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Absolutely dominated. At least we can get to bed at a decent hour.

Hibee87
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Wawrinka plays like that in the next 2 games and I think he would trouble Djokovic and nedal, would be interesting to see if he can maintain this form

Treadstone
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Walloped.

Disappointing end to his grand slam year. No answers to anything Wawrinka done tonight. Be interesting to see his presser.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Didn't see any of the match at the time last night as I was working but I saw a bit of the highlights. Wawrinka looked "in the zone" as they say and Murray didn't seem to have any answers.

Wawrinka was coming up with some amazing shots at the right times and hitting the lines as well.

It's disappointing that his defence of the title only lasted until the quarter finals and he will lose a lot of points at the end of the tournament but I don't think he can be too disappointed with his overall performance this year. He got to the final in Australia, won Wimbledon and won in Miami as well.

That's not bad when you consider that Rafael Nadal has won just about every tournament that he's entered since coming back in February!

I don't see Wawrinka beating Djokovic tomorrow but you never know. He came very close to beating him at the Australian Open this year after he lead 6-1 5-2 but eventually lost in 5 sets. I just think consistency is the problem for guys like Wawrinka. They are more than capable of playing great tennis in one off matches like he did yesterday against Murray but they quite often can't replicate it. It will be interesting to see if he can manage that.

I'm still sticking with a Djokovic v Nadal final.

Sir David Gray
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
It will be an Azarenka-Serena final in the women's draw after they both had straight sets victories tonight.

Azarenka defeated Flavia Pennetta 6-4 6-2 and Serena Williams beat Li Na 6-0 6-3.

Williams actually won her 24th game in a row during the tournament when she was 6-0 1-0 up tonight before Li Na finally managed to halt that run.

It will be interesting to see if Azarenka has what it takes to beat Williams in a Grand Slam final. They've met previously in six finals and they're tied at 3-3. However at the Grand Slams, they've met seven times and Williams leads that head to head 7-0.

If Serena plays her best tennis, she'll win the match. It's that simple.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Wawrinka wins set 1 6-2 and is a break up in the 2nd at 4-2

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Novak takes set 2 on a tie-break.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
3rd set to Stan 6-3

jodjam
07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Stan's no feeling awfy good. Be a shame if he has to retire hurt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2013, 07:31 PM
4th set Djokovic 6-3

jodjam
07-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Third game in last set now been on for over 20 minutes

Hibs Class
07-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Third game in last set now been on for over 20 minutes

Fantastic game. Big hold for Stan.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Absolutely phenomenal stuff just now!

Wawrinka's just held his serve after a 20 minute game!!

Said it before but when it's played at this level, you really can't beat men's Grand Slam tennis for drama and excitement!

Just a shame there's a tiebreak in the last set.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2013, 09:04 PM
Djokovic wins 2-6 7-6 3-6 6-3 6-4 in just over 4 hours.

I only saw the last set but that was great entertainment, particularly that 20 minute game at the start of the set.

Nadal on now and he's broken Gasquet already.

Somehow, I don't think this match will last 4 hours.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Djokovic v Nadal in the final on Monday.

Nadal beat Gasquet 6-4 7-6 6-2.

A bit of a non-event really and an anti-climax after the first semi final.

Should hopefully be a great final on Monday night.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Don't often say this but this is a great women's match on just now between Serena and Azarenka.

Currently 3-1 to Serena in the final set after she's just broken Azarenka.

Sir David Gray
08-09-2013, 11:36 PM
Serena wins 7-5 6-7 6-1.

Disappointing finish to the match after such an exciting first two sets.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Just a heads up for anyone who's interested, the men's final starts tonight at 10pm UK time.

Really think this could be a classic.

I'm working at 12pm tomorrow but I'm prepared for a late night. I would be surprised if it doesn't go to five sets.

I'm predicting Nadal to win in five sets.

sambajustice
09-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Why is there such a crap crowd?

Sir David Gray
09-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Brilliant display by Nadal so far, winning opening set 6-2.

Djokovic will have to really step it up if he's going to win this.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2013, 10:33 PM
WOW!!!

54 shot rally there for Djokovic to break serve!

That must be some sort of record!

Words don't do that justice!

Immense.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2013, 10:34 PM
The point that Djokovic won to break Nadal in the 6th game of set 2 must be the best point ever played!

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Nadal breaks back!

Sir David Gray
09-09-2013, 10:55 PM
2nd set Djokovic, 6-3.

Playing much better now.

Sir David Gray
09-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Nadal takes the third set 6-4 after being a break down.

This hasn't disappointed.

Potentially still another two sets left too!

Sir David Gray
10-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Nadal wins 6-2 3-6 6-4 6-1 to claim his 13th Grand Slam title.

Really enjoyable match and there's no doubt that the better player won tonight.

Nadal's form this year has just been incredible.