PDA

View Full Version : Nish joins Murray at Dumbarton

dangermouse
22-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Coaching Dumbarton u19 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23792449?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

"He'll be a good influence on our youngsters and will be our new manager of the under-19s team working alongside our coaching staff,"

Wonder if he'll be nicking their fags :wink:

H1B33 1875
22-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Wonder if Murray will give Nish 20 mins at the end of training to work on the "Nish Swagger" with the youngsters. Takes years to perfect. :agree:

Billy Whizz
22-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Wonder if he'll teach the young lads the offside rule!

pacorosssco
22-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Nought against Nish and he got to live the dream but hes young to have gone to this level?. How many goals has he scored since he left us?

DH1875
22-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Has he stopped playing? Would have thought he'd have got a club somewhere.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Has he stopped playing? Would have thought he'd have got a club somewhere.

He is a player/coach so assuming will be playing for first team. Anyone any idea of his coaching credentials?

Bleeds green
22-08-2013, 03:00 PM
He will do well for the sons at that level

Fergus52
22-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Future manager :greengrin

Calling it now :flag:

Gus Fring
22-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Nought against Nish and he got to live the dream but hes young to have gone to this level?. How many goals has he scored since he left us?

6 I believe. 4 for Hartlepool and 2 for Dundee. He's 10th on the all time SPL scorers list with 64 goals over the course of 8 years.

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2013, 04:57 PM

Hes 32, and probably could have had another couple of years a slightly higher level, but if he has ambitions to move in to coaching/management, its brilliant experience for him to be able to manage a youth team while still playing. I think it seems like a good move for him, and Ive always liked Nish, so I wish him well!

Leishy1995
22-08-2013, 05:22 PM
He went to my school and is apparently absolutely brain dead. Source, my old physics teacher.

Can't say the boys at under 19s Dumbarton will benefit

--------
22-08-2013, 05:37 PM
He went to my school and is apparently absolutely brain dead. Source, my old physics teacher.

Well, MY old physics teacher was himself absolutely brain-dead. I've met a lot of teachers who were rock solid ivory from the neck up.

How they got away with teaching anyone anything I will never ever know.

I wouldn't take a teacher's word for anything outside the limited area of his own expertise - source, I used to be an English teacher myself and I didn't want to hang around until I became an OLD English teacher. (I mean an old teacher of English, not a teacher of Old English, which is an entirely different thing.)

Brain death is an occupational hazard for a certain type of teacher, and I could feel it creeping up on me even then back in the long, long, ago.

Ian Murray played football with Colin Nish and knows him, a lot better than most people on this forum do. I wish then both well, and I dream of the day when we have a NEW chairman at ER and a management team of people who have played for the club, know the club and the supporters, and share those supporters' dreams and aspirations - and indeed have the sort of effect on the team and the club that Ian had on the Sons last season.

If that team turned out to be Ian and his assistants from the Rock, all the better.

I don't think any Hibs supporter or fan is in any position to cast aspersions at any other team's board and management team right now.

Tricla
22-08-2013, 06:16 PM

He's no teaching them quantum mechanics though.

Leishy1995
22-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Ok, the same teacher explained to me that despite failing int 1 physics, Colin Nish on many occasion would request to go outside. And just wonder around the grass area looking at trees.

I'm not judging another teams management and board. But I wouldn't want nish teaching our strikers.

Time For Heroes
22-08-2013, 06:29 PM
another we missed out on! Petrie:grr:

Hibs90
22-08-2013, 06:33 PM
Future Hibs manager who wins the Scottish Cup, smashing Hearts 9-0 in the process.

Nish.:top marks

HiBremian
22-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Gravity, fallin', erse. His old physics teacher has a lot to answer for.

.Sean.
22-08-2013, 06:38 PM
The bitterness on this thread is astonishing. Jealousy that someone, albeit with limited ability, got to play and score for his boyhood heroes, something they can only dream of because they were more than likely humpty at football as a laddie, very sad.

Northernhibee
22-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Bet he starts banging the goals in now.

PETRIE!!!

Hibrandenburg
22-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Fenlon out Nish in!

DaveF
22-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Good luck to him. I hope he does well in terms of games and coaching :agree:

Jonnyboy
22-08-2013, 08:47 PM
The bitterness on this thread is astonishing. Jealousy that someone, albeit with limited ability, got to play and score for his boyhood heroes, something they can only dream of because they were more than likely humpty at football as a laddie, very sad.

Well said :agree:

Oh aye and Nishy ain't the only one who flunked science subjects at school :greengrin

Iggy Pope
22-08-2013, 08:58 PM

Apt. And I can pretty much guarantee that they were all humpty. Certainly much humptier than a man ranked amongst the top SPL scorers....

ScottB
22-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Murray has done brilliantly in his short time as a manager, he must think Nish can do a job for him and given that he actually knows him, which I'm assuming none of us do, I think I'll defer to his judgement.

The treatment Nish got, and apparently still gets, from some elements of our support is pathetic.

JohnStephens91
23-08-2013, 02:19 AM
I liked Nish at Hibs, I can only dream of pulling on a Hibs kit and scoring a goal for the team I support, Nish did more than that and scored a hat-trick too. The abuse he gets is very poor and shows our support in a bad light, I think he got booed when being substituted at Easter Road back in October by sum people. He came, he played, he tried his heart out for the club he loves (or loved) and scored some vital goals to help us win matches.

marinello59
23-08-2013, 06:06 AM
Good luck to him. I really hope he does well and has a long career in the coaching side
How many of those dishing out the snidely comments are happy to sing about 'one of our own?' Makes it meaningless pish really doesn't it?

Baker9
23-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Gravity, fallin', erse. His old physics teacher has a lot to answer for.

:greengrin Excellent! Can't do better.

--------
23-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Ok, the same teacher explained to me that despite failing int 1 physics, Colin Nish on many occasion would request to go outside. And just wonder around the grass area looking at trees.

I'm not judging another teams management and board. But I wouldn't want nish teaching our strikers.

Sounds good to me. Physics in my school was bloody boring, and my physics teacher (as I've explained) was pretty well brain-dead. I wish I'd had the sense to go outside for a walk instead of wasting my time in the old idiot's class.

Might not be quite as bitter and twisted as I am today if I had.

Colin goes way up in my estimation. Sound fellow, and all the best in his new job. :not worth

itslegaltender
23-08-2013, 08:47 AM
They played in the same team at Hutchie Vale along with Mark Burchill and Alan McGregor (who was playing a couple of years underage). Cracking team.

Leishy1995
23-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not bitter. I just don't see him being a good coach. If he does well he does well. Doesn't bother me.

The physics teacher actually showed us nish's results and it wasn't pretty, he was probably lucky he could play football a bit. And has done well to have a career

Just Alf
23-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm not bitter. I just don't see him being a good coach. If he does well he does well. Doesn't bother me.

The physics teacher actually showed us nish's results and it wasn't pretty, he was probably lucky he could play football a bit. And has done well to have a career

Tell you what... i'd be right pi...... err.... hacked off if one of MY teachers shared my confidential info around :grr:

Leishy1995
23-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Tell you what... i'd be right pi...... err.... hacked off if one of MY teachers shared my confidential info around :grr:

So would I, the teacher was never shy etc, if any of you lot went to Musselburgh grammar you might remember Mr Sneddon.

Baker9
23-08-2013, 09:10 AM

A bad physics result just means he wasn't good at physics. Like all of us he would be brilliant at something but maybe will never find out what. If he had gone to Eton they probably would have found his 'area of excellence', possibly in artistic skills.

--------
23-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Me too. Just what I'd expect from a physics teacher. :wink:

I was just thinking - Wehrner von Braun was pretty good at physics, but his aim was a lot worse than Nishie's.

After the war, the good Doktor claimed he had been aiming his rockets for the stars. Pity he kept hitting London. :devil:

Nishie's never been four and a half light-years off target in his whole career.

And I have it on the best of authority that von Braun was absolutely rubbish in the #9 shirt.

(And before anyone says - that's not a 'Nazi' reference - it's a 'scientist' reference.)

It's no wonder Hibs are a crap football team - everyone's just hotching to have a go at anyone and everyone who ever played for us.

sleeping giant
23-08-2013, 09:09 PM

Your physics teacher is a trumpet ! Pretty sure its illegal to divulge personal detail as he has.

Who gives a toss if he wasnt any good at physics ffs. I've heard it all now :rolleyes:

Infact , cannae even believe you posted that !

Wilson
24-08-2013, 04:25 PM

Obviously big Nishy wrote off physics as a lost cause and went out and studied the flora and fauna for his biology class later in the day. Good forward planning and an example of his making the very best of limited ability. Great effort.

Your physics teacher is a fool.

hibby rae
24-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Apparently Stephen Hawking's old PE teacher slates him to this day.

Too far?

I see big Nishy scored today. Well done big man!

cocopops1875
24-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Nice lad and always thought he got a raw deal from the fans, in my opinion he was a better player than given credit for.
Did some work for him and he said that he was considering giving up the game as no offers were coming ( he never suggested he was looking into a job in the sciences) glad he has sorted something out

Iggy Pope
24-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Good grief. An absolute welt he sounds.

Did your sneaky old Physics teacher ever show you other things?

Iggy Pope
24-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Me too. Just what I'd expect from a physics teacher. :wink:

I was just thinking - Wehrner von Braun was pretty good at physics, but his aim was a lot worse than Nishie's.

After the war, the good Doktor claimed he had been aiming his rockets for the stars. Pity he kept hitting London. :devil:

Nishie's never been four and a half light-years off target in his whole career.

And I have it on the best of authority that von Braun was absolutely rubbish in the #9 shirt.

(And before anyone says - that's not a 'Nazi' reference - it's a 'scientist' reference.)

It's no wonder Hibs are a crap football team - everyone's just hotching to have a go at anyone and everyone who ever played for us.

Not really. In this instance it's only been some creep of a teacher trying to impress some eager young swots. By the sound of it.

Leishy1995
24-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I'd like to throw this out there, the teacher was infacta grade A fool.

Leishy1995
24-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Good grief. An absolute welt he sounds.

Did your sneaky old Physics teacher ever show you other things?

Yeah he did, formulas and stuff. Pretty sure he used to touch up the girls and I'm not feminie enough for him

Leishy1995
24-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Not really. In this instance it's only been some creep of a teacher trying to impress some eager young swots. By the sound of it.

This is basically it, although young swots if you're referencing someone who studies a lot etc you have the wrong idea.

Glad Nish has found his level to perhaps end his career