PDA

View Full Version : Curry and a pint

IanM
22-08-2013, 11:30 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130822/gallery-hospitality-spiced-up_2262950_3429810

Anyone going?

Anyone go to the comedy one at the last home game? was it busy? value for money?

£80 for a non season ticket holder seems a bit daylight robbery?

Even £50 is a bit much, could grab a Shapla and peev on easter road for a fraction of the price after the game

allezsauzee
22-08-2013, 11:33 AM
I guess you could go and watch a game down at Leith Links instead of paying to get into Easter Road too if you really want to cut down the costs

Scottie
22-08-2013, 11:37 AM
ALL procedes going to the managers transfer fund.

Honest :cb

jeffers
22-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Opened the thread expecting to find it was referring to the players pre-match meal.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2013, 01:56 PM
£50.00 for a ST holder for a pint and a meal, I know I'm daft for supporting Hibs but not that daft.

Cabbage East
22-08-2013, 02:08 PM
That is an absolute rip-off.

Jones28
22-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks a rip off to me. I'll make a curry and offer supporters a fridge full of beer for a tenner a head :greengrin:

1068gary
22-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Looks a rip off to me. I'll make a curry and offer supporters a fridge full of beer for a tenner a head :greengrin:
prefer lager!

Jones28
22-08-2013, 03:44 PM
prefer lager!

You're no invited ;)

SneakersO'Toole
22-08-2013, 04:21 PM
You really have to wonder who at Hibs genuinely believes something like this offers value.

I mean honestly.

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 04:28 PM
You really have to wonder who at Hibs genuinely believes something like this offers value.

I mean honestly.

Rod petrie.

A 50 pence piece is worth 50 pence. But in Rodders hand, it's worth a pound.

DanHFC1875
22-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Better off at the spicy rainbow, decent curry and won't have to watch Fenlon trying to redeem himself.... Like that is possible. Want hibs to do the damage every week. Is Fenlons card marked? I think so. Will we plaay well? I doubt it. The enternal pesimist.

Jamesie
22-08-2013, 06:37 PM
No doubt a school-dinner style cooked-en-masse curry which could be easily put in the shade by somewhere like Khushis at a fraction of the price.

Mind you, given some of experiences on this thread: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?267485-New-hibs-clubstore-(merged) - it seems Hibs are just ever-reliant on blind customer loyalty irrespective of the lack of quality in the product / service on offer.

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130822/gallery-hospitality-spiced-up_2262950_3429810

Anyone going?

Anyone go to the comedy one at the last home game? was it busy? value for money?

Even £50 is a bit much, could grab a Shapla and peev on easter road for a fraction of the price after the game50 quid, could have a meal and 10 pints of real beer in the pub round the corner for that, total rip off. The ***** fitba I've already paid for.

Still they have nae problems trying tae communicate about anything when they want folks dosh.

.Sean.
22-08-2013, 06:46 PM
It's getting to the stage where they'd have to pay me the £50 to watch Hibs at ER. I'll pass.

bingo70
22-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm just pleased the club are finally pro actively tying New ideas, I think a corporate package is normally about 50 quid for a game is it not? If so, what's the harm in them promoting this idea and tying it in with the mella festival?

I'm fairly critical of all things hibs just now but we've got to renember we still need to try and make money.

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm just pleased the club are finally pro actively tying New ideas, I think a corporate package is normally about 50 quid for a game is it not? If so, what's the harm in them promoting this idea and tying it in with the mella festival?

I'm fairly critical of all things hibs just now but we've got to renember we still need to try and make money.If you want tae make money, you have tae have something worth selling. 50 quid for a pint of **** lager, a cheap curry and a seat at the other side of the stadium watching the same pish I've already paid for. :hilarious

bingo70
22-08-2013, 07:13 PM
If you want tae make money, you have tae have something worth selling. 50 quid for a pint of **** lager, a cheap curry and a seat at the other side of the stadium watching the same pish I've already paid for. :hilarious

Aye but that's just what going for a 'corporate day' is really, its not for me but I think its quite popular with some folk and they'd normally pay about 50 quid for it so what's the harm in the club promoting it?

Gerard
22-08-2013, 07:18 PM

I'm fairly critical of all things hibs just now but we've got to renember we still need to try and make money.

:top marks

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Aye but that's just what going for a 'corporate day' is really, its not for me but I think its quite popular with some folk and they'd normally pay about 50 quid for it so what's the harm in the club promoting it?Be better if they spent mair time and effort concentrating on puting something on the park that was worth promoting! Then they could spend less time trying tae think of ways tae rip folk off tae make up lost revenues from falling gates.

mca
22-08-2013, 07:36 PM
80quid.. for Potential new investors / customers.. But - It Does also mention that you get Half-Time Snacks.. :thumbsup:

Pete
22-08-2013, 07:38 PM

It's even getting to the stage where our hospitality is ripped to shreds and used as a stick to beat the club with.

The "we don't accept mediocrity" revolution on the internet is gathering momentum at every opportunity. :-)

Dunderhall
22-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Opened the thread expecting to find it was referring to the players per-match meal.
Well if that's Rod's bonus scheme, no wonder the performances. :wink:

MADE IN LEITH
22-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Anyone going?

Even £50 is a bit much, could grab a Shapla and peev on easter road for a fraction of the price after the game

The Reality
We get ripped off in this country and Scottish Football is not value for money. In Edinburgh we get ripped off for a fish supper which is around £7, go to Glasgow and you can get it for £5. Taxi's are at least 30% more expensive in Edinburgh than anywhere else in Scotland. House prices are a joke and a pint up the Toon is a complete rip off. The best laugh about it is that the wages are a joke in this country. How much for a season ticket at Easter Rd, well that's quite a small little fortune also.

Performance Related Season Tickets (A pipe dream?)
Bottom line is that if Hibs or any other Team for that matter have a poor season, then I think all season ticket holders should get a rebate when renewing it for next season because the previous seasons season ticket was poor value for money. After all, when the players play well they get a bonus hence why shouldn't we be recompensed when we have to suffer watching poor performances on the park. Hence, the lower they finish at the end of the season the bigger the rebate to the renewing season ticket holders. This may sound a bit OTT but think about this, if your team went into Division 1 would YOU expect to pay Premiership prices? No.

The fact is that I don't expect to watch my team in the Scottish Premiership play Division 1 football and have to pay top dollar for it.

Is this really a pipe dream?

Iggy Pope
22-08-2013, 08:52 PM
It's even getting to the stage where our hospitality is ripped to shreds and used as a stick to beat the club with.

The "we don't accept mediocrity" revolution on the internet is gathering momentum at every opportunity. :-)

Look further down. We are to blame for the hike in chips as well! The famine may be over but a £7 supper and an extortionate taxi later....... Still we suffer.

Carheenlea
22-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Nobody is getting frogmarched into hospitality to forcibly pay £50 for pint of Tennents and a curry. It`s not something that I can afford, nor is it something that really appeals to me either, but if folk are happy enough to pay such a price for offers like this, then great. Hopefully the offer will be subscribed in decent enough numbers to deem it a worthwhile exercise.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Nobody is getting frogmarched into hospitality to forcibly pay £50 for pint of Tennents and a curry. It`s not something that I can afford, nor is it something that really appeals to me either, but if folk are happy enough to pay such a price for offers like this, then great. Hopefully the offer will be subscribed in decent enough numbers to deem it a worthwhile exercise.

It does seem a bit excessive but I agree with this.

The costs are clearly laid out on that article and no-one's being forced to take it up.

It's not my cup of tea but there will be people who will go along and pay the money for that.

lord bunberry
23-08-2013, 01:30 AM
The Reality
We get ripped off in this country and Scottish Football is not value for money. In Edinburgh we get ripped off for a fish supper which is around £7, go to Glasgow and you can get it for £5. Taxi's are at least 30% more expensive in Edinburgh than anywhere else in Scotland. House prices are a joke and a pint up the Toon is a complete rip off. The best laugh about it is that the wages are a joke in this country. How much for a season ticket at Easter Rd, well that's quite a small little fortune also.

Bottom line is that if Hibs or any other Team for that matter have a poor season, then I think all season ticket holders should get a rebate when renewing it for next season because the previous seasons season ticket was poor value for money. After all, when the players play well they get a bonus hence why shouldn't we be recompensed when we have to suffer watching poor performances on the park. Hence, the lower they finish at the end of the season the bigger the rebate to the renewing season ticket holders. This may sound a bit OTT but think about this, if your team went into Division 1 would YOU expect to pay Premiership prices? No.

The fact is that I don't expect to watch my team in the Scottish Premiership play Division 1 football and have to pay top dollar for it.

Did you just make up those figures as you were typing. Can you show any evidence that edinburgh taxis are 30% more expensive than anywhere else in scotland, or that fish suppers are £2 cheaper in glasgow.

Hibercelona
23-08-2013, 01:37 AM
Did you just make up those figures as you were typing. Can you show any evidence that edinburgh taxis are 30% more expensive than anywhere else in scotland, or that fish suppers are £2 cheaper in glasgow.

Edinburgh's the 2nd most expensive city in the UK next to London. So those figures aren't unrealistic.

lord bunberry
23-08-2013, 02:00 AM
Edinburgh's the 2nd most expensive city in the UK next to London. So those figures aren't unrealistic.

In what way is edinburgh the 2nd most expensive city in britain? As for his figures , they are completely made up.

JohnStephens91
23-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Has £80 not been the price for hospitality for the past few years? Why choose now to make a song and dance about it? Why do people instantly assume it will be cheap curry too? So many questions, just not enough brain power at 3:10 am to think of them...

Pete
23-08-2013, 02:59 AM
The Reality

I've read some depressing stuff recently but your paragraph on "performance related season tickets" does it for me. It's depressing because its a typical attitude amongst football fans.

Some people invest money to be supplied with a quality product in an entertainment business. They sit in judgement and excercise their right to criticise the product on the park as it falls below their expectation levels.

They seem to have forgotten that they are paying to watch athletes in a sporting environment. I genuinely feel sorry for them.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Has £80 not been the price for hospitality for the past few years? Why choose now to make a song and dance about it? Why do people instantly assume it will be cheap curry too? So many questions, just not enough brain power at 3:10 am to think of them...

Maybe because some of us have been in hospitality before.

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 09:18 AM

Get yourself a taxi in Glasgow mate and get one in Edinburgh for around about the same distance and time and do the math. As far as fish suppers go, get yerself a supper in Glasgow and Get one here and do the math.

There is no empirical research on the above taxi and supper scenariio but as said by other posters and looking at the economical "basket of goods" Edinburgh is the second most expensive city in the UK and I think somewhere in that basket is fish suppers and taxi's.

Take a look at trip advisor also, Edinburgh is in fact the most expensive city in the UK to visit!

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Get yourself a taxi in Glasgow mate and get one in Edinburgh for around about the same distance and time and do the math. As far as fish suppers go, get yerself a supper in Glasgow and Get one here and do the math.

There is no empirical research on the above taxi and supper scenariio but as said by other posters and looking at the economical "basket of goods" Edinburgh is the second most expensive city in the UK and I think somewhere in that basket is fish suppers and taxi's.

Take a look at trip advisor also, Edinburgh is in fact the most expensive city in the UK to visit!

I certainly notice the difference in Liverpool prices on beer, taxi's, chippys, etc. In fact as Liverpool is also a far superior city to Edinburgh I don't really know why I bother staying here!

zlatan
23-08-2013, 11:00 AM

I'm between the two cities a lot and the taxi thing is certainly true. Edinburgh makes up for it however by having a far superior, and massively cheaper, bus service.

A pint of fosters cost me £4.50 in Edinburgh last week, nowhere in Glasgow would charge that. Chippy I couldn't tell you about right enough, but if the cheap Glasgow one is the blue lagoon then that's cheap for a reason...

So aye, in conclusion fifty pound for a pint and a curry!?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-08-2013, 11:41 AM
My conclusion from this thread - taxi drivers are touchy wee souls whenever fares get mentioned! :-)

Cabbage East
23-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I certainly notice the difference in Liverpool prices on beer, taxi's, chippys, etc. In fact as Liverpool is also a far superior city to Edinburgh I don't really know why I bother staying here!

I've heard it all now. Do you never get tired of winding up fellow Hibbys on a messageboard? Seriously, have a day off it.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 11:52 AM
I've heard it all now. Do you never get tired of winding up fellow Hibbys on a messageboard? Seriously, have a day off it.

Have a word with yourself FFS, I'm not winding up anyone I was making an observation regarding the cost of living in Liverpool and thought I would pre empt any response by having a dig at myself!
Away and lie down in a dark room and stop being so sensitive.

lord bunberry
23-08-2013, 11:54 AM

http://www.phtm.co.uk/file/taxi-fare-league-tables/taxi-fares-league-table-june-2013.pdf

you said that edinburgh was 30% dearer than anywhere else in scotland, not glasgow.
You do the math before making ridiculous claims next time

lord bunberry
23-08-2013, 12:00 PM
My conclusion from this thread - taxi drivers are touchy wee souls whenever fares get mentioned! :-)
Your right, but when you hear something being said so often that isnt true it really starts to get on your nerves:greengrin

Barman Stanton
23-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Have a word with yourself FFS, I'm not winding up anyone I was making an observation regarding the cost of living in Liverpool and thought I would pre empt any response by having a dig at myself!

You do seem to enjoy winding up Hibees in fairness. Probably not the right time.

Cabbage East
23-08-2013, 12:48 PM

You're constantly at it. It's tiresome. Have a day off.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 12:49 PM
You do seem to enjoy winding up Hibees in fairness. Probably not the right time.

I'm not winding anyone up and have not done for a while as I realised many were sensitve souls.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 12:50 PM
You're constantly at it. It's tiresome. Have a day off.

You're tiresome spouting rubbish, have a week off.

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Anyway back to the point regarding Curry and a pint, seeing as I have already paid to see the match as a ST holder, I would consider £20 to be the price point that would tempt me to take up this offer.

Hibercelona
23-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Well this thread has gone off on a nice wee tangent. Petrie will be relieved. :wink:

johnrebus
23-08-2013, 12:59 PM
You're tiresome spouting rubbish, have a week off.

Calm down girls.

Seems like no-one can take a joke on here these days.

Nothing wrong with Liverpool in my book, and Scousers tend to have a bit more character than the good, 'reserved', citizens of Auld Reekie.

Mind you, I still think that Liverpool FC are pish.........,

:duck:

Scouse Hibee
23-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Calm down girls.

Seems like no-one can take a joke on here these days.

Nothing wrong with Liverpool in my book, and Scousers tend to have a bit more character than the good, 'reserved', citizens of Auld Reekie.

Mind you, I still think that Liverpool FC are pish.........,

:duck:

:aok:

Hibercelona
23-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Anyway back to the point regarding Curry and a pint, seeing as I have already paid to see the match as a ST holder, I would consider £20 to be the price point that would tempt me to take up this offer.

:agree:

If you're a season ticket holder, you're paying £50 for a curry, 1 pint and the privilege to sit in the most dullest part of the ground.

If you aren't a season ticket holder, you're paying nearly £60 for the privilege. (Assuming a match ticket would cost just over £20)

But as others have said. Nobody is being forced to accept this offer. People who are ok with it, will. And those who aren't, won't.

matty_f
23-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Aye but that's just what going for a 'corporate day' is really, its not for me but I think its quite popular with some folk and they'd normally pay about 50 quid for it so what's the harm in the club promoting it?

Have you not had the memo? We have to stick the boot into everything Hibs related til Petrie and Fenlon go. No room for your sensible posts here.

johnrebus
23-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Have you not had the memo? We have to stick the boot into everything Hibs related til Petrie and Fenlon go. No room for your sensible posts here.

Exactly.

And the forecast is for rain over Ayrshire at the weekend.

Can that **** Petrie get anything right?

:taxi

fatbloke
23-08-2013, 02:03 PM
I purchased 2 tickets for hospitality v Motherwell via Itison Edinburgh for £39, my daughter and her bloke went. The full Scottish breakfast was the smallest breakfast my daughter has ever seen, it was as if everything had been cooked using dolls house utensils. At £80 she said it would have been the rip off of the century but £39 made it a bit more acceptable. £200 (x3) for hospitality at the cup final, been there and got the tee shirt and felt like i had been mugged but hey ho, next cup final and I have no ticket it will be best seat in the house in front of telly for me.

Hibernia Na Eir
23-08-2013, 08:24 PM
curry, pint and a pump

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 09:15 PM
http://www.phtm.co.uk/file/taxi-fare-league-tables/taxi-fares-league-table-june-2013.pdf

you said that edinburgh was 30% dearer than anywhere else in scotland, not glasgow.
You do the math before making ridiculous claims next time

Deary me, you really do have too much time on your hands, why did you go to such trouble, mmmm?:taxi

This isn't fully representative of the facts and not very good reading. Further, it states clearly that it is an average of the Edinburgh and Glasgow areas and can only be taken as a general outlook. What cabs are we talking about here, black cabs or Private Hire or both which makes it even more subjective. Everyone knows there is a distinctive price difference between Black Cabs and Private Hire, hence why an average doesn't really tell us the full story here. Also, Glasgow just raised their prices at the end of 2012, Edinburgh haven't risen their cab prices since 2011 and are due a rise, which will make Edinburgh even more expensive.

But the biggest fact of all is that the article you provided still proves that Edinburgh Taxis are still more expensive than Glasgow.

mca
23-08-2013, 09:26 PM
curry, pint and a pump

Reckon you could get a curry and a couple of pints as well as the pump.. :wink:

hibee_nation
23-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Any price difference in fish suppers is made up with getting broon sauce instead of vinegar. IMHO glesga chippies are crap, but the pubs are better.

lord bunberry
24-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Deary me, you really do have too much time on your hands, why did you go to such trouble, mmmm?:taxi

This isn't fully representative of the facts and not very good reading. Further, it states clearly that it is an average of the Edinburgh and Glasgow areas and can only be taken as a general outlook. What cabs are we talking about here, black cabs or Private Hire or both which makes it even more subjective. Everyone knows there is a distinctive price difference between Black Cabs and Private Hire, hence why an average doesn't really tell us the full story here. Also, Glasgow just raised their prices at the end of 2012, Edinburgh haven't risen their cab prices since 2011 and are due a rise, which will make Edinburgh even more expensive.

But the biggest fact of all is that the article you provided still proves that Edinburgh Taxis are still more expensive than Glasgow.

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about. You were wrong with your original statement, and you are making it worse by trying to defend it.
Edinburgh taxis are not 30% dearer than everywhere else in scotland.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 02:03 AM
Ok, here is the tarriff information and calculator for both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

(Edinburgh)
http://yourtaximeter.com/main/council/city-of-edinburgh

(Glasgow)
http://yourtaximeter.com/main/council/glasgow-city

Bottom line.... When you're pished, dinnae pish yerself and save 23 quid. :greengrin

Bristolhibby
24-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I live near Bath, England and I'm always surprised how cheap things are up in Edinburgh.

My Edinbrugh "local" on the South Side is dirt cheap compared to getting a drink down here.

It's all context I guess.

J

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 12:56 PM
You have absolutely no idea what your talking about. You were wrong with your original statement, and you are making it worse by trying to defend it.
Edinburgh taxis are not 30% dearer than everywhere else in scotland.

Don't me sides are are splitting .....:hahaha:

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok, here is the tarriff information and calculator for both Glasgow and Edinburgh.

(Edinburgh)
http://yourtaximeter.com/main/council/city-of-edinburgh

(Glasgow)
http://yourtaximeter.com/main/council/glasgow-city

Bottom line.... When you're pished, dinnae pish yerself and save 23 quid. :greengrin

Thanks mate...that's cleared that up, do you know that Edinburgh pash up to 30% more than Glasgow also also ......:hahaha:

:greengrin

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Thanks mate...that's cleared that up, do you know that Edinburgh pash up to 30% more than Glasgow also also ......:hahaha:

Aye. But more weegies pish out their mouths. :wink:

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Aye. But more weegies pish out their mouths. :wink:

LOL ....

30% ....:greengrin

30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30%30 %30%30%30%30%30%30%

lord bunberry
24-08-2013, 01:15 PM

It's hasn't cleared anything up, you said they were 30% dearer than everywhere in scotland, how does the figures comparing glasgow and edinburgh prove you were right. You are 100% wrong but it's pretty clear you are the sort of person who will never admit to that, so I expect another pathetic reply like your last one which contains nothing to back up your original claim.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 01:23 PM
It's hasn't cleared anything up, you said they were 30% dearer than everywhere in scotland, how does the figures comparing glasgow and edinburgh prove you were right. You are 100% wrong but it's pretty clear you are the sort of person who will never admit to that, so I expect another pathetic reply like your last one which contains nothing to back up your original claim.

You're getting a bit emotional there buddy.

Slow business day? :taxi

:cb

lord bunberry
24-08-2013, 01:33 PM
You're getting a bit emotional there buddy.

Slow business day? :taxi

:cb
Not at all mate that extra 30% I get is coming in very handy.

Hibercelona
24-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Not at all mate that extra 30% I get is coming in very handy.

:tee hee:

Hibbyradge
24-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I thought the schools went back last week. :rolleyes:

John_the_angus_hibby
24-08-2013, 02:08 PM
So 30% cheaper? Does this mean Fenlon would have done one if Hibs were based in Glasgow? So it's the money grabbing cabbies fault then!!

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 09:12 PM

Take a wee read at the below Scotsman 2013 article, it may well exceed 30%, shame really that the evidence you provided earlier is empirically flawed and can only be taken in general terms. It does not account for Edinburgh Evening Tariffs which add an extra £1 and takes effect a full 5 hours before Glasgow which amounts to quite a big difference in fares.

:sick:http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/evening-taxi-fare-rises-start-earlier-in-edinburgh-1-2924779

Seriously mate, you need to get some sleep and when you wake up give Direct Line a phone in the morning because you can get up to 30% discount when taking home insurance, yes that right 30% me lord. See below link:

http://www.hotdeals.co.uk/news/direct-line-to-cut-home-insurance-premiums-by-30-801253373/

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 09:13 PM
So 30% cheaper? Does this mean Fenlon would have done one if Hibs were based in Glasgow? So it's the money grabbing cabbies fault then!!
:agree:

lord bunberry
24-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Take a wee read at the below Scotsman 2013 article, it may well exceed 30%, shame really that the evidence you provided earlier is empirically flawed and can only be taken in general terms. It does not account for Edinburgh Evening Tariffs which add an extra £1 and takes effect a full 5 hours before Glasgow which amounts to quite a big difference in fares.

:sick:http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/evening-taxi-fare-rises-start-earlier-in-edinburgh-1-2924779

Seriously mate, you need to get some sleep and when you wake up give Direct Line a phone in the morning because you can get up to 30% discount when taking home insurance, yes that right 30% me lord. See below link:

http://www.hotdeals.co.uk/news/direct-line-to-cut-home-insurance-premiums-by-30-801253373/

Yet another pointelss post with a poor attempt at humour at the end of it, you are neither right or funny. You keep comparing glasgow and edinburgh, but your original claim was that edinburgh was 30% dearer than everywhere in scotland. The simple fact here is you don't know if that's true because you just made it up. Please don't bother replying as I can't face anymore of your misinformation or your side splitting humour.

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm between the two cities a lot and the taxi thing is certainly true. Edinburgh makes up for it however by having a far superior, and massively cheaper, bus service.

A pint of fosters cost me £4.50 in Edinburgh last week, nowhere in Glasgow would charge that. Chippy I couldn't tell you about right enough, but if the cheap Glasgow one is the blue lagoon then that's cheap for a reason...

Yeh mate, your right especially since you use taxi's between the two cties.

Taxi's are expensive in Edinburgh compared to Glasgow and some shallow people find this difficult to accept. :thumbsup:

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 10:33 AM

Yet another pointelss post with a poor attempt at humour at the end of it, you are neither right or funny. You keep comparing glasgow and edinburgh, but your original claim was that edinburgh was 30% dearer than everywhere in scotland. The simple fact here is you don't know if that's true because you just made it up. Please don't bother replying as I can't face anymore of your misinformation or your side splitting humour.

This is becoming boring but one last thing......the evidence you provided is not fully representative of all the facts. The evidence I provided on the matter shows this. When taking a sample of fares to try to justify a mean (average) percentage, you take a population (a sample) which is as near representative to the truth as possible, hence Glasgow and Edinburgh the two most highly populated cities in Scotland would be the obvious choice to use.

Though getting a true overall picture of fares in Scotland would be of benefit to some people, I think it is more pertinent to use Edinburgh and Glasgow as an example as they are both popular highly populated areas were the information is of more use. Further, for any kind of backup empirical research to have any substance it must be representative of all the facts, facts which I provided earlier.

I have exhausted the subject and do not wish to comment any more on this as it is very colloquial and boring.

Please note humour not included in the above message if you require any more humour please buy my book.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Hibs.net at its best!

So, if I get a taxi from Glasgow to Edinburgh will it be 30% cheaper than getting a taxi from Edinburgh to Glasgow?

Pete
25-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Hibs.net at its best!

So, if I get a taxi from Glasgow to Edinburgh will it be 30% cheaper than getting a taxi from Edinburgh to Glasgow?

It will be cheaper but not as much as 30%. You could probably cut a deal on such a fare in either city.

Its classic dot net alright. Someone makes a bold statement, can't accept they are talking mince when challenged and think that large, empty paragraphs will somehow prove them correct.

30% more nonsense on this thread than any other.

MADE IN LEITH
25-08-2013, 02:15 PM
It will be cheaper but not as much as 30%. You could probably cut a deal on such a fare in either city.

Its classic dot net alright. Someone makes a bold statement, can't accept they are talking mince when challenged and think that large, empty paragraphs will somehow prove them correct.

30% more nonsense on this thread than any other.

The voice of reason has spoken.

Sure your right you probably can cut a deal from Edinburgh to Glasgow or vice versa, but that's not what the area of conversation was about, better reading it before making such bold statements.

Hibernia Na Eir
25-08-2013, 07:35 PM
a curry, pint and a poo.

perhaps a burp?