PDA

View Full Version : The birth of hibs.net FACTS

Hibbyradge
22-08-2013, 10:15 AM
3 new ones were born last night.

1. Petrie thinks we'll all be back on board if we win a couple of games. FACT.

2. The statement on the official site was written before the meeting. FACT.

3. Hibs players, apart from Kevin Thomson, are scared of the big Easter Road crowds. FACT.

Beefster
22-08-2013, 10:37 AM

3. Hibs players, apart from Kevin Thomson, are scared of the big Easter Road crowds. FACT.

Just for clarity, which ones do you think are untrue?

Personally, I think 3.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Just for clarity, which ones do you think are untrue?

Personally, I think 3.

I don't know when Petrie thinks we'll get back on board, no-one does, so that can't be a fact.

I've prepared minutes for meetings as they were in progress and had them distributed almost immediately after they finished, so 2 isn't a fact.

The idea that the assistant manager would take time out of enjoying the festival with his wife to have an in depth conversation with a random fan, during which he slagged off his players for being scared of crowds, has several elements which I find impossible to believe.

None are FACTS.

marinello59
22-08-2013, 10:57 AM

Petrie and the board seem so far removed from the support right now that it is conceivable that number 1 is true.

I think that what people are saying about the statement mentioned in number 2 is that it could have been written before last night and that's true.

Number 3 is the odd one out because it is unsubstantiated pish.

What's the prize?:greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Petrie and the board seem so far removed from the support right now that it is conceivable that number 1 is true.

I think that what people are saying about the statement mentioned in number 2 is that it could have been written before last night and that's true.

Number 3 is the odd one out because it is unsubstantiated pish.

:confused:

It's also true that people say that Hibs were offered Leigh Griffith for £150k. Indeed, that's a real fact.

marinello59
22-08-2013, 11:09 AM
:confused:

It's also true that people say that Hibs were offered Leigh Griffith for £150k. Indeed, that's a real fact.

My point is that you are claiming that all 3 have become FACTS already and I don't think that's true, particularly in the case of FACT 2. There's a difference between saying it could have been written before the meeting and saying that it was. The former is fair comment.

Hibbyradge
22-08-2013, 11:17 AM
My point is that you are claiming that all 3 have become FACTS already and I don't think that's true, particularly in the case of FACT 2. There's a difference between saying it could have been written before the meeting and saying that it was. The former is fair comment.

The statement on the official website was, almost certainly, written before the meeting.

Which makes me question the purpose of the meeting when Rodders and David Forsyth knew what they were going to spin the outcome as.

If those 2 sentences don't qualify as a FACT, surely they're at lower case "fact" level.

Sorry Beefster. :greengrin

Beefster
22-08-2013, 11:25 AM
If those 2 sentences don't qualify as a FACT, surely they're at lower case "fact" level.

Sorry Beefster. :greengrin

Don't apologise for quoting me. It's good to know someone reads my ramblings!

I think you've missed off the bit where I said those were my thoughts though. I believe that the 'official' statement was likely to have been mostly written by Forsyth and signed-off by Rodders before the meeting.

If you've written lots of minutes, you'll be aware of the difference between minutes, a factual account of what was said in a meeting (and action points), and a PR statement.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2013, 02:17 PM
If I recall correctly.

Hibs list -> Erin Web/Hibs -> Rivals.net (-> Hibs.net) -> Hibs.net

The forum was apparently conceived through one of Charlie McCartans poems ;)

I'm trying to pinpoint where the trolls jumped in but they can just @&£?& off. As far as I can recall we were troll free at least until the demise of Erin web/Hibs. Maybe it was a rivals.net phenomenon.

And finally £&@? Off trolls.

jodjam
22-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't know when Petrie thinks we'll get back on board, no-one does, so that can't be a fact.

I've prepared minutes for meetings as they were in progress and had them distributed almost immediately after they finished, so 2 isn't a fact.

The idea that the assistant manager would take time out of enjoying the festival with his wife to have an in depth conversation with a random fan, during which he slagged off his players for being scared of crowds, has several elements which I find impossible to believe.

None are FACTS.

Hi Dave. The fan who spoke to JN is telling the truth. I've gone to the games for years with him and he's not one for telling porkies.

Jonnyboy
22-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Dave. The fan who spoke to JN is telling the truth. I've gone to the games for years with him and he's not one for telling porkies.

He may well have told the truth in that he had the conversation but I feel he's created a FACT when one doesn't exist. Apparently, JN said some of the players are scared of playing in front of bigger crowds. At least that's how your mate reported it. The truth may well be that some of the players are intimidated by bigger crowds expectations. There's a world of a difference.

I wish your mate had held JN down a little longer and asked him which particular players suffer from this. They seemed to get on so well I'm sure Jimmy would have told him