PDA

View Full Version : Rowan-Lose The Beard

Waxy
22-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Lose the beard and you shall score.
Ya big scruff.

Deserves it's own thread as it's an issue.
Could we get a poll please?
Keep the beard or kill the beard?

It needs to be brought to his attention before sect 43 start chanting beard songs at him.

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Ya big scruff.

It needs to be brought to his attention before sect 43 start chanting beard songs at him.

Is this for real? :confused:

1two
22-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Is this for real? :confused:

I think it is real. He's must have been growing it for a good few months.

Deek01
22-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Ya big scruff.

Ridiculous. If we do that can we also have a pole to decide whether to let Danny Handling keep the blonde highlights in his hair...

Waxy
22-08-2013, 10:22 AM
And remember folks.
It's clearly not a really serious issue so dont get all wound up.

greenlex
22-08-2013, 10:35 AM
He can keep the beard as long as he gets his boots on the correct feet from now on.

Beefster
22-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Ya big scruff.

What is it with all the poems on hibs.net these days?

basehibby
22-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Ya big scruff.

I take it from your user name that you would favour a tache ?

Personally I couldn't give a flying one about any given player's face furniture - unless it was affecting their performance of course. But unless Vine kept growing his beard to the extent he was tripping over it I don't see how that could be an issue. You could argue that it creates extra drag but then again he could probably hide an extra ball in it or something as well.

haagsehibby
22-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Ya big scruff.

Who do you think you are ? Tom Hart ? :cb

Time For Heroes
22-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Sounds to me that you have a serious case of beard envy!:wink:

matty_f
22-08-2013, 11:06 AM
What is it with all the poems on hibs.net these days?
:agree: And not a hint of a rhyme either.

johnrebus
22-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Birmingham City paid Ģ3m for this beard. QPR later paid Ģ1m for the same beard.

Solution is simple, keep the beard - lose the player.

:agree:

Brightside
22-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Lose the belly!

lapsedhibee
22-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Ya big scruff.

Pogonophobe.

Billychaotic182
22-08-2013, 11:15 AM
I love the beard. People need to get a grip. Telling players what the can and can't look like. Are we that low right now that this is an issue? OP needs to hae a word likes. What next. Collins and McPake need to grow hair as they look like thugs or Handling has to lay off the highlights. Ridiculous thread

johnrebus
22-08-2013, 11:19 AM

There once was a player named Vine.

From whose fans got a very hard time.

They said, 'shave your face, cause your beards a disgrace'.

Now he's down in Conference South doing fine.

Ah'll get ma coat.

:duck:

brian6-2
22-08-2013, 11:21 AM
I love the beard. People need to get a grip. Telling players what the can and can't look like. Are we that low right now that this is an issue? OP needs to hae a word likes. What next. Collins and McPake need to grow hair as they look like thugs or Handling has to lay off the highlights. Ridiculous thread

i think the OP was having a laugh.

lighten up.

McSwanky
22-08-2013, 11:22 AM

Good shout there. Spot on.

Bootom line: players should care about their appearance - IMO at least 1/3 of time spent at East Mains should be devoted to instruction on personal grooming and hygiene.

Look right, feel right, play right. FACT.

Hal Jordan
22-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Ridiculous. If we do that can we also have a pole to decide whether to let Danny Handling keep the blonde highlights in his hair...

I think it's for the best if we keep Zbigniew Małkowski as far away from the club as possible.

clerriehibs
22-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Ya big scruff.

I agree.

Whether or not he is fit, the ****gy beard makes him look like something out of CAMRA, not generally known for their athleticism.

lapsedhibee
22-08-2013, 12:07 PM
I agree.

Whether or not he is fit, the ****gy beard makes him look like something out of CAMRA, not generally known for their athleticism.

:agree: Disgrace that any Hibs player should be thought of as being in any way associated with alcoholic beverage.

Oh wait.

RoslinInstHibby
22-08-2013, 12:14 PM
There once was a player named Vine.

From whose fans got a very hard time.

They said, 'shave your face, cause your beards a disgrace'.

Now he's down in Conference South doing fine.

Ah'll get ma coat.

:duck:
:top marks

Iggy Pope
22-08-2013, 12:36 PM
He can keep the beard as long as he gets his boots on the correct feet from now on.

100%

His foot co-ordination is tragic.
Not sure that the beard is not to blame.

I met him after the game in Malmo and nice bloke as he is, I only half joke when I say I couldn't get that bad ******* from This Is England 86 out of my head (I know I have said this before, but it plagues me).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/jason-holmes/johnny-harris-an-actor-with-rare-depth-character_b_2242467.html

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Oh dear! Amazing!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Maybe we should cut off his hand and replace it with a hook. Then he might provide more of a threat to the opposition!

Ayatollah Vine :-)

Bayern Bru
22-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Ffs.

GreenCastle
22-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Disappointed there is no poll for this.:greengrin

Vine with no beard - http://www.football-league.co.uk/javaImages/65/49/0,,10794~6506853,00.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
22-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Perhaps the beard is one of those strange superstitions footballers have: the beard stays until Hibs next win. In which case, he might be tucking it in his shorts one day.

cabbageandribs1875
22-08-2013, 01:08 PM
i've had visions of him shaving his beard off and just about when he's nearly finished at his chin....wee sparky falls out

followed by Lord Lucan

GreenCastle
22-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Maybe he will shave it off and Fenlon will claim we have signed a new player as half the support won't recognise him :confused:

If he is growing it till he scores...we may have problems..

Wilson
22-08-2013, 01:19 PM
i've had visions of him shaving his beard off and just about when he's nearly finished at his chin....wee sparky falls out

followed by Lord Lucan

Well they did say there is a footballer in there somewhere. You may have cracked it.

YehButNoBut
22-08-2013, 01:19 PM
There was a footballer called Vine
Who Hibs signed cause he played very fine
He grew a full beard
Which made him look weird
And play like he'd drunk too much wine.

VivaHiberņa
22-08-2013, 02:42 PM

A couple of really good points amongst the nonsense about this not being an issue. It's no wonder this club's falling apart. There's no point in having a couple of 15-page threads every year about what the players will be wearing if they can't pull their weight too in the appearance department.

Stevenson needs to lose the stubble, it doesn't suit his baby-face and really isn't becoming of a Hibernian player. :bitchy:

Billychaotic182
22-08-2013, 03:04 PM
I may have been half asleep when reading this and lost the funny side of it. Woops.

Still Beard for the win! The more of our players look like something out the geordie shore so having some manly looking players cant be a bad thing!

Jones28
22-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Can we get a "whoosh" prefix for thread titles please?

clerriehibs
22-08-2013, 03:48 PM
A couple of really good points amongst the nonsense about this not being an issue. It's no wonder this club's falling apart. There's no point in having a couple of 15-page threads every year about what the players will be wearing if they can't pull their weight too in the appearance department.

Stevenson needs to lose the stubble, it doesn't suit his baby-face and really isn't becoming of a Hibernian player. :bitchy:

Dunno about the stubble but the barnet is a shocker!

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 03:57 PM
These daft styles are the reason we're losing games.

If the players prepped themselves up better, they could get some man love going with the opposition players and use it as a distraction.

hibsbollah
22-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I like the beard. Its everything else so far that im unimpressed with.

HiBremian
22-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Can I put in a wee request to Hibs Tv xtra for a Beard Cam? We overseas fans are feelin really left out of the available ER entertainment :-(

Wotherspiniesta
22-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Can we please have a Daniel Bryan smiley?.... Steve??...

Viva_Palmeiras
22-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Beard tax? Whatever next?

SkintHibby
22-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Vine - Get that hideous mess on your face to ****!

mca
22-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Even the wife said.. How old is he ??.. :rolleyes:.. and is that no the guy that was in the papers because of his beard..

Im sure she meant james Dayton.. (spelling?) - but sure she meant the killie dude..

Jonnyboy
22-08-2013, 08:39 PM

Not all poems rhyme Matty.

This one for instance

Hearts are 5hite
FACT

One of my favourites :greengrin

brydekirk
22-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Ya big scruff.

An issue for who, go away and leave people alone.

Iggy Pope
22-08-2013, 08:44 PM

This one for instance

Hearts are 5hite
FACT

Reminds me of my favourite joke:

'KNOCK KNOCK!!'

"Whose there?"

'HIBS!!!'

"Hibs who?"

'AWAY AND TAKE A **** AT YERSELF YA HERTZ ****'

Jonnyboy
22-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Reminds me of my favourite joke:

'KNOCK KNOCK!!'

"Whose there?"

'HIBS!!!'

"Hibs who?"

'AWAY AND TAKE A **** AT YERSELF YA HERTZ ****'

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 08:57 PM

This one for instance

Hearts are 5hite
FACT

My favourite poem! I recite it to myself ad nauseum!

Swedish hibee
22-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Disappointed there is no poll for this.:greengrin

Vine with no beard - http://www.football-league.co.uk/javaImages/65/49/0,,10794~6506853,00.jpg

Really.. Is this him :confused:

DAVE1875
22-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Perhaps the beard is one of those strange superstitions footballers have: the beard stays until Hibs next win. In which case, he might be tucking it in his shorts one day.

Is it not Tom Huddlestone that's letting his hair continue to grow until he's scores a goal? Maybe Vine's doing the same with his beard

vercol36
23-08-2013, 06:39 AM
The beard is the only thing which keeps me going along to Easter Road these days :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
23-08-2013, 09:24 AM
The beard is the only thing which keeps me going along to Easter Road these days :rolleyes:

:agree: We should start a fans' team and call it Hibeardnian FC. Or for short, the Hi-Beards.

Hibiza
23-08-2013, 11:21 AM
Ya big scruff.

agree, get on with the job in hand and stop looking in mirrors.:flag:

TonyStokeprano
23-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Why are folk bothered about what our players look like? Do you's no fancy him with the beard? any hair styles you would like changed? Maybe the players should be waxing their legs aswell, it's a disgrace all the hairy legs we have.

McSwanky
23-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Why are folk bothered about what our players look like? Do you's no fancy him with the beard? any hair styles you would like changed? Maybe the players should be waxing their legs aswell, it's a disgrace all the hairy legs we have.

Another very good point. Maybe this thread should be presented to Rod at the next Q&A?

green is good
23-08-2013, 12:28 PM
How about a goals related beard?

0 goals = no beard

1-5 goals = goatee

6-10 goals = full beard kept short

11-15 goals = big bushy beard

15+ goals = zz top beard

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Nae beards .............. The only athletes who should have them are Shot Putters and Discus throwers.

Nae shirt outside of shorts ......... unless you are George Best or the brilliant Matthew Le Tissier.

Nae coloured boots .......... unless you are Messi, Ronaldo or Robin Van Persie.

I've noticed a few of our players recently with all of the above when they run out onto the pitch. Time for them to bloody well smarten up.

Hibs once got a player from Perth
Because of a goalscoring dearth
A man with no pace
Of goals not a trace
So he grew a big beard
To hide his red face

pogo
23-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Had to look this up, I thought was being turfed off .net!
Just for information, I have a beard!

Pogonophobe.

essexhibee
23-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Must have stuff growing in that beard. Monster of a thing.

When I first saw Vine I thought he was gonna be a good player for us...had a arrogance about him that I thought would mean he would score against the yams. I was wrong :greengrin:

vercol36
23-08-2013, 06:54 PM
To be honest, it's a bit rich complaining about a beard looking silly when every week we watch 22 grown adults running about a field wearing shorts and knee-high socks.

truehibernian
23-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Is it not Tom Huddlestone that's letting his hair continue to grow until he's scores a goal? Maybe Vine's doing the same with his beard

FFS I hope not or folk will think we have the guitarist from ZZ Top playing for us at the January window :greengrin

Only joking Rowan.....only saying it to get egg on my face after you score a couple at the weekend :wink:

Waxy
23-08-2013, 07:33 PM
To be honest, it's a bit rich complaining about a beard looking silly when every week we watch 22 grown adults running about a field wearing shorts and knee-high socks.chasing a bit off a dead horse and trying to kick it between a part of a dead tree, i see your point.

Dunderhall
23-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Nae beards .............. The only athletes who should have them are Shot Putters and Discus throwers.

I've never liked throwers and never thought they should have beards.
Anyone else have an opinion.

MADE IN LEITH
23-08-2013, 09:34 PM
He looks like a lumberjack :cb

Jonnyboy
23-08-2013, 09:44 PM
He looks like a lumberjack :cb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

vercol36
24-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I had a dream last night where Vine had grown a curly moustache and everyone in Sections 42-44 had decided to pronounce his name 'Vee-nay' like a Frenchman. Make of that what you will.

marinello59
24-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I had a dream last night where Vine had grown a curly moustache and everyone in Sections 42-44 had decided to pronounce his name 'Vee-nay' like a Frenchman. Make of that what you will.

Drugs. :agree:

silverhibee
24-08-2013, 12:45 PM

:faf:

Just say no.

Jonny1875
24-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I think the beard's klesssss.

GreenArmyyy!
24-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Superb haha!

ian cruise
24-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Respect the beard. I think we need more beards not less.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2013, 05:17 PM

Nae shirt outside of shorts ......... unless you are George Best or the brilliant Matthew Le Tissier.

Nae coloured boots .......... unless you are Messi, Ronaldo or Robin Van Persie.

I've noticed a few of our players recently with all of the above when they run out onto the pitch. Time for them to bloody well smarten up.

Hibs once got a player from Perth
Because of a goalscoring dearth
A man with no pace
Of goals not a trace
So he grew a big beard
To hide his red face

You forgot to mention womens tennis players.

R'Albin
24-08-2013, 07:46 PM

:hilarious

MADE IN LEITH
24-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Ian Murray's beard was mentioned in 2009 also. :cb

HibeeEmma
25-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Despite this un-serious thread I was going to comment on a potential link between his beard and the game, that perhaps it slows him down?

It could be the difference between getting the ball in a tackle and getting a yellow card. :offski:

It's not a typical footballing "look" but then again, it's about the 90 minutes on the park

Waxy
27-10-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm bringing this back up, people are saying he should lose the beard now.
I said it ages ago and he still hasn't threatened the net.
Surely it's worth a try? if he doesn't score soon people will be chasing him around with razors.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-10-2013, 09:29 AM
Wtf has his beard got to do with us? Pathetic bullying IMO.

BroxburnHibee
27-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Exactly

Pathetic

s.a.m
27-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Despite this un-serious thread I was going to comment on a potential link between his beard and the game, that perhaps it slows him down?

It could be the difference between getting the ball in a tackle and getting a yellow card. :offski:

It's not a typical footballing "look" but then again, it's about the 90 minutes on the park

Perhaps he can't see his feet :dunno:

jeffers
27-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Forget his beard, I'd rather he lost his boots.

cabbageandribs1875
27-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Forget his beard, I'd rather he lost his boots.

he already has, arguably, i demand a thorough beard-search...they must be somewhere

:)

Beefster
27-10-2013, 11:11 AM

We have semi-regular racism, homophobia and misogyny on here. Personally, I think classing some light-hearted chat about a player's magnificent facial furniture as 'pathetic bullying' is a bit OTT. It's no more bullying than commenting on a player wearing gloves or a player's hairstyle.

Unless I've missed some particularly horrendous post...

Saorsa
27-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Forget his beard, I'd rather he lost his boots.He has boots? :eek:

mutley
27-10-2013, 11:16 AM
He has boots? :eek:

Yeah....... Specially commissioned and made of lead

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-10-2013, 11:26 AM
I must admit that am feared o' the beard! :sofa: