PDA

View Full Version : NHC Newcastle

johnrebus
22-08-2013, 09:41 AM
There's a Morrison's (formerly Safeway) there, 100%, with a car park.

(p.s. you can see it on Google maps)

You forgot that old, Scottish constant: rain!

Apologies.

Bit off topic, but looks you like you have the same disease as me judging by your user name.

Supporting two clubs which are both rotten to the core takes a bit of doing.........,

Both with some decent players but seriously under preforming, lacking in team spirit and managed by a man who gives the impression of having just given up and waiting for a big pay off.

And both being run by a bloke at the top who does not give a **** about the fans.

West Ham in contrast look together and pretty decent, dread to think about what might happen on Saturday.

:rolleyes:

magpie1892
22-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Apologies.

Bit off topic, but looks you like you have the same disease as me judging by your user name.

Supporting two clubs which are both rotten to the core takes a bit of doing.........,

Both with some decent players but seriously under preforming, lacking in team spirit and managed by a man who gives the impression of having just given up and waiting for a big pay off.

And both being run by a bloke at the top who does not give a **** about the fans.

West Ham in contrast look together and pretty decent, dread to think about what might happen on Saturday.

No need to apologise..!

Yes, I'm a season ticket holder. You don't need me to tell you that the team in black and white is more rotten than Hibs will ever be. At least I've seen the Hibees win something...

Saturday? I can't see anything other than an away win or maybe a draw. I know Vurnon Anita quite well and I feel so sorry for him - this guy can really play and he's either benched or played out of position. That was £7m well spent...

johnrebus
22-08-2013, 10:04 AM
No need to apologise..!

Yes, I'm a season ticket holder. You don't need me to tell you that the team in black and white is more rotten than Hibs will ever be. At least I've seen the Hibees win something...

Saturday? I can't see anything other than an away win or maybe a draw. I know Vurnon Anita quite well and I feel so sorry for him - this guy can really play and he's either benched or played out of position. That was £7m well spent...

Also have season ticket and will be there.

Agree completely about Anita. Very good player and always gives 100%, yet never seems to get a fair crack of the whip.

Very disappointed with Sissoko and Goufran. Great starts, but now affected by the overall malaise.......,

:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 10:15 AM
dread to think about what might happen on Saturday.

Fingers crossed! :-)

Nolan first scorer?

magpie1892
22-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Fingers crossed! :-)

Nolan first scorer?

Oh, that's a given!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 10:30 AM
The game was set up perfectly for Big Andy given Newcastle's defensive problems, not to be unfortunately.

StevieC
22-08-2013, 11:34 AM

Me too, and also never seen them win anything (does the Intertoto count :rolleyes: ). Best I've had is a semi-final hiding from ManUtd in Cardiff, and a UEFA semi-final defeat to Marseille.
The teams of the 80's, and the days of the old Gallowgate terraces, were better than what we're getting just now.

Also have season ticket and will be there.

11.00 train from Waverley. Mixed feelings, given the hiding in Manchester, but we don't have a bad record at St James.
"He's only a poor little Hammer .. his clothes are all ragged and torn .." :greengrin

johnrebus
22-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Me too, and also never seen them win anything (does the Intertoto count :rolleyes: ). Best I've had is a semi-final hiding from ManUtd in Cardiff, and a UEFA semi-final defeat to Marseille.
The teams of the 80's, and the days of the old Gallowgate terraces, were better than what we're getting just now.

11.00 train from Waverley. Mixed feelings, given the hiding in Manchester, but we don't have a bad record at St James.
"He's only a poor little Hammer .. his clothes are all ragged and torn .." :greengrin

Midday train.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I actively dislike West Ham, but the constant rendition of, 'I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles', really gets on my thruppennies.

On Tuesday night, coming out of Lidl in Penicuik, I heard someone whistling this God awful tune.

Dressed in maroon fleece, I assumed he was some Yam half wit, but on closer inspection it was a Hammer in club fleece - with a broad local accent.

Wanted to tell him to shut the **** up and that his team would get stuffed by the Toon on Saturday, but decided against it on the grounds of unlikelyness and cowardice..........,

:whistle: