PDA

View Full Version : Do players read hibs.net?

GreenArmy1875
22-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Players like OTJ, mullen, stevenson, hanlon, mcpake, handling, vine etc get abuse on here and are our new boo boys. OTJ Mullen and handling have hardly kicked a ball for us and we have wrote them off already. Do players read this abuse and lose confidence with playing for hibs.

Just a thought. Not saying its our fault but as a support are we to quick to write players off and do they know we have?

Steve20
22-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Players like OTJ, mullen, stevenson, hanlon, mcpake, handling, vine etc get abuse on here and are our new boo boys. OTJ Mullen and handling have hardly kicked a ball for us and we have wrote them off already. Do players read this abuse and lose confidence with playing for hibs.

Just a thought. Not saying its our fault but as a support are we to quick to write players off and do they know we have?

Tough luck if they do. People are entitled to have an opinion on a player on a fans forum.

For the record, I think OTJ, Handling and Vine will end up being good players for us.

matty_f
22-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Tough luck if they do. People are entitled to have an opinion on a player on a fans forum.

For the record, I think OTJ, Handling and Vine will end up being good players for us.
:agree:

And Rowan, if you're reading- lose the beard, at least try and look like you're taking being at Hibs seriously.

Cauld Bovril
22-08-2013, 09:11 AM

And Rowan, if you're reading- lose the beard, at least try and look like you're taking being at Hibs seriously.

I think Vine will come good when his Scroobius Pip alter ego takes a break

http://youtu.be/O3HCXh9WQSo

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2013, 09:24 AM

I imagine some of them will, but I dont know why. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and football is a game based on entertainment (supposedly...), so if fans arent happy they will voice their feelings. If the players want to read fans forums, and that goes for any club, its their choice but they will have to be pretty thick skinned (although I do think some of the opinions can become too abusive and personal, which I disagree with).

SlickShoes
22-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Why do players require that everyone is nice to them all the time?

Some people do not rate certain players, they are free to express that opinion on a discussion forum. Like we would discuss in the pub, at work, or anywhere else we may go.

If you are afraid of expressing your opinion on something because the person involved may be offended then you need to have a look at yourself. There is nothing worse than someone who talks constant ***** and then when face to face with someone pretends everything is rosey.

Sure some people go over the top and the abuse some players get (not just hibs players) or any celebrity is beyond a joke, those people need to have a look at themselves, but the fact that some fans don't rate a player doesn't mean we should refrain from posting about it to protect the big softies ego.

Baker9
22-08-2013, 09:35 AM

I would be amazed in any of them don't read it. I certainly would as I could do it anonomously and I would personally take it badly being vilified. They are entertainers and will love to read the good reviews and will have varying degrees of fear about the bad reviews. The club will definitely monitor the site on a daily basis and Pertrie will secretly be desparate to know what we think despite his tough exterior.

SaulGoodman
22-08-2013, 09:44 AM
If I made footballers wages people could give me abuse all they wanted. I wouldn't give a ****.

YehButNoBut
22-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Leigh Griffiths certainly used to read the views here as he made some comments on Twitter based on some of the threads about him.

hibbymick
22-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I suppose if we keep the noise down they might have a wee read now and again.:rolleyes:

neilmartinrocks
22-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Was told Vine and Craig used to read the saints forum. One look at ours would put a stop to that though.

Zazu62
22-08-2013, 11:08 AM
If any of our players are reading this, get your finger out your arse and start performing for Hibernian . Simples.

Keith_M
22-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes, and they have done for quite a while now.

When Mikey Stewart was at the club, he mentioned reading this site and said 'the natives are restless'.

basehibby
22-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Well I'm very popular with the ladies and I'm reading it :greengrin

LeithBoozy
22-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I would be amazed if any of them did not read it mate, the amount of time they have on their hands. Only joking lads, I would be doubly amazed if they paid any heed to it. You can put 100 Hibbys in the same room and not two of them would pick the same team, that's why we all think we would make great managers. :greengrin

Eyrie
22-08-2013, 01:22 PM
To any players reading this -

Fenlon is a nice guy but his tactics would embarrass five year olds in the local park, so just ignore his advice and play some attractive attacking football at pace. You'd be surprised how much more you (and us) will enjoy the new style, and it will bring better results as well.

Coco Bryce
22-08-2013, 01:39 PM
To any players reading this -

Fenlon is a nice guy but his tactics would embarrass five year olds in the local park, so just ignore his advice and play some attractive attacking football at pace. You'd be surprised how much more you (and us) will enjoy the new style, and it will bring better results as well.

Dunderhall
22-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Probably come on when the forum is quiet, don't want to be scared by a big number of users online. :wink:

SMAXXA
22-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I know of one regular in our team that reads this site, duno why as it will do his confidence no good :wink:

Sunny1875
22-08-2013, 04:56 PM
If I made footballers wages people could give me abuse all they wanted. I wouldn't give a ****.
Some of our squad must be on footballers wages then

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 05:27 PM
If I was a football player and I went on to the forum of the club I played for and was getting endless pelters from the fanbase. I'd be looking at myself and the things I could do to improve my game. I wouldn't be cursing behind my breath at the people who pay my wage.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Equally, some of them could be posters and may post some detrimental comments about themselves to either test the water or kick things off.

YehButNoBut
22-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Equally, some of them could be posters and may post some detrimental comments about themselves to either test the water or kick things off.

There must have been a few players over the years and at present who have posted or are posting on here under cover, It must be tempting for them to join in, even if it is just as a wind up.

leithsansiro
22-08-2013, 07:55 PM
There must have been a few players over the years and at present who have posted or are posting on here under cover, It must be tempting for them to join in, even if it is just as a wind up.

If I was a footballer, I would do this :aok: That said, maybe this is just a poor bluff...

OK, I admit it. I'm actually Pat Fenlon. Now, where's those tactics I'd misplaced...

Jonnyboy
22-08-2013, 08:44 PM

Tough luck indeed and I'm sure you'd feel the same way if OTJ etc registered and posted that Steve20 was a crap poster :wink: :greengrin

since90plustwo
22-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Speaking to Cal Antell last year and he said hes read it but tries not to as most of the people talk utter sh***... the galbraith story was the one that got him riled up, people on here saying he has a drinking problem but he doesnt even drink at all. He said most players do have a look but always get bored of the lies

snooky
22-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Speaking to Cal Antell last year and he said hes read it but tries not to as most of the people talk utter sh***... the galbraith story was the one that got him riled up, people on here saying he has a drinking problem but he doesnt even drink at all. He said most players do have a look but always get bored of the lies

And there are probably other players who fall into this same category. :coffee: