PDA

View Full Version : Keeping pressure on the board/manager.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Now the Q&A has been done and dusted, and i'm pretty sure nobody bar Gerard has come away impressed with what Petrie had to say.

What happens now, do we accept it and get back to watching Hibs or do we keep the pressure up for a change of manager?

90 odd percent want rid of him, yet the club are backing him 100%. There's lots folk can do to keep the pressure up, personally i want Petrie and Fenlon out but realise that seems miles away from happening.

Personally i'm out for a while and would never tell another fan to stop attending. So what's it to be for you, protests, non attendance or nothing?

jonny
22-08-2013, 12:06 AM
I'll keep going along when I can make it. Honestly can't help myself. .. perhaps a bit like Gerard in that I always try to see the best of the situation. I still think we'll get better this season, that may be the blind loyalty talking but time will tell. Every Saturday afternoon at 2:30 (or Friday or Sunday or Monday - you know what I mean) I manage to convince myself that we can't lose and that by not going I'd maybe miss something spectacular.
Oh, Blackpool - I found something we agree on, was reading your comments on the celtic game and was thinking the exact same. Must be at least the 2nd time in 5 years ;-)

MacGruber
22-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Go to the games and support the team. The Board have given an answer, like it or not (vast majority not) but an answer nonetheless.

If it improves great, if not the Board will have to re-consider the position & so will I. For now I'll be going along to support - but each to their own, people not going and having had enough is wholly understandable.

silverhibee
22-08-2013, 12:25 AM
Protests inside the stadium.

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Apparently we sign players who are too afraid to perform in front of large crowds.

Perhaps we could help the team win by staying away then?

Pete
22-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Apparently we sign players who are too afraid to perform in front of large crowds.

If the fans that stay away are the same ones that moan, shout and get on thr players backs the minute they do something wrong then I'd be delighted.

I'm sure the players would be too.

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 02:31 AM
If the fans that stay away are the same ones that moan, shout and get on thr players backs the minute they do something wrong then I'd be delighted.

I'm sure the players would be too.

Aye, because it's unusual to moan and shout at players when they make school boy errors. I'm sure Hibs fans are the only fans in the world that do this...

Pete
22-08-2013, 03:01 AM
Aye, because it's unusual to moan and shout at players when they make school boy errors. I'm sure Hibs fans are the only fans in the world that do this...

I don't know about it being unusual but it certainly isn't helpful.

Players are human beings, not robots.

Hibercelona
22-08-2013, 03:43 AM
I don't know about it being unusual but it certainly isn't helpful.

Players are human beings, not robots.

Players are players. They should be capable of doing what they're paid to do. If they can't pull it off, then they shouldn't be here. If a football player doesn't expect to get stick when they make a mistake, then they've signed up for the wrong profession. Players (like referees) will get stick when they make nonsense mistakes. They're not above criticism.

A true professional will pick themselves up when they're criticized and will be determined to do better. If a player gets all teary eyed about some booing from the stands, then they're a loser, a soft touch who I want nowhere near this club.

Pete
22-08-2013, 04:09 AM
Players are players. They should be capable of doing what they're paid to do. If they can't pull it off, then they shouldn't be here. If a football player doesn't expect to get stick when they make a mistake, then they've signed up for the wrong profession. Players (like referees) will get stick when they make nonsense mistakes. They're not above criticism.

A true professional will pick themselves up when they're criticized and will be determined to do better. If a player gets all teary eyed about some booing from the stands, then they're a loser, a soft touch who I want nowhere near this club.

It's clear you expect very high standards from players and have certain demands. No offence to you mate but it's quite depressing reading that.

It's a game of football! It should be fun.

rcarter1
22-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Having bought a season ticket for the first time Im going to go to as many games as possible. Given the board are backing Fenlon, Im going to try and support the team as much as possible. January and the end of the season look to be the next opportunities for a change. Ill wait to see where we are at these points. I dont think PF has got what it takes, but getting in someone who does will require some groundwork. We've said it before, but our next appointment really has to be a good one.

ronaldo7
22-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Now the Q&A has been done and dusted, and i'm pretty sure nobody bar Gerard has come away impressed with what Petrie had to say.

What happens now, do we accept it and get back to watching Hibs or do we keep the pressure up for a change of manager?

90 odd percent want rid of him, yet the club are backing him 100%. There's lots folk can do to keep the pressure up, personally i want Petrie and Fenlon out but realise that seems miles away from happening.

Personally i'm out for a while and would never tell another fan to stop attending. So what's it to be for you, protests, non attendance or nothing?

Two more Q&A's to go, so we might as well wait and see what's said:rolleyes:

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 07:37 AM

I'm sure the players would be too.What if it's the ones that dinnae, what if it's the ones who back the team but who are just getting fed up of the guff on offer and the seemingly endless list of excuses made for it.

jonty
22-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Fenlon has the full backing of the board.

Football speak for "he's not got long"

BT58
22-08-2013, 08:10 AM
When is the next A G M ???
Now that RP knows that the majority (was it mentioned that 95pc wants PF gone),results do not improve, RP will have his statement already typed up

Eyrie
22-08-2013, 08:32 AM
When is the next A G M ???
Now that RP knows that the majority (was it mentioned that 95pc wants PF gone),results do not improve, RP will have his statement already typed up

Don't think it's been announced yet, but last night's propaganda statement on the official site referred to "the Annual General Meeting which is held in early October".

As regards Fenlon, he will continue to have the 100% public backing of the Board right up to the point that there is an announcement that he's left by "mutual consent". No-one should be surprised by that public backing.

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Two more Q&A's to go, so we might as well wait and see what's said:rolleyes:

My guess is the next one will be around February, and the last one in June. :wink:

IWasThere2016
22-08-2013, 09:47 AM

:agree:

Steve20
22-08-2013, 09:51 AM

But it's not fun for us who have to watch the garbage performances every week.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2013, 10:23 AM
As an ST holder, I will continue to go to the games, offer my full support, and hope for the best - can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

Bobby's Cinema
22-08-2013, 10:33 AM
It's clear you expect very high standards from players and have certain demands. No offence to you mate but it's quite depressing reading that.

That is just it, they aren't high standards. I've no had much fun as a Hibs supporter over the last few years

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 10:48 AM

I think it is unusual, most decent fans will say nowt or encourage and support them.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 10:49 AM

Yep the dreaded vote of confidence.

yekimevol
22-08-2013, 10:53 AM
As an ST holder, I will continue to go to the games, offer my full support, and hope for the best - can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Argylehibby
22-08-2013, 10:58 AM

And fans should support their team.

erin go bragh
22-08-2013, 11:10 AM
So the board have gave Fenlon the dreaded vote of confidence !
Does this mean Killie will horse us on sat ?

Ggtth

matty_f
22-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Get on board with lwt. Despite a few recent comments to the contrary on here, it is a superb vehicle to directly influence the management at the club and take action in a meaningful and constructive way.

Onion
22-08-2013, 11:17 AM

I've no problem with the Hibs Board backing Fenlon - none at all. The only thing I ask now is that the Hibs Board come out and state 100% clearly what they think Fenlon's targets are for the team (top 6, top4 ?, cup final, europe ?) and what the repercussions are for him AND the Hibs Board if he fails to achieve those goals. It's called accountability.

What irks me most is that the Hibs Board just hide in their offices and make these huge decisions for the club, with no accountability. Simply not good enough.

Oh, of course we keep the pressure on. We get that chance every home game when Fenlon's team take the field to try win a game.

Heedersnvolleys
22-08-2013, 11:24 AM

Or we get a manager that can identify players who can handle playing for Hibs!!!! If we have players that can't hack playing for us, get them to £^€$.

Fife-Hibee
22-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Ive never heard you booing the team yet ! Your always moaning at me for doing it tho ! :-)

clerriehibs
22-08-2013, 11:31 AM
The moaners and mumpers have got their way with mixu, yogi, calderwood all being turfed early. The same moaners and mumpers that say the board never listens and advocate staying away from ER (and how the **** does that help hibs?)

How about those who call for 2/3 years stability are listened to for a change.

Keith_M
22-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Get on board with lwt. Despite a few recent comments to the contrary on here, it is a superb vehicle to directly influence the management at the club and take action in a meaningful and constructive way.

Matty, don't take this as a criticism of LWT, as I think they've been unduly knocked of late.

As far as most of us are aware, LWT do not have the opportunity to change anything related to the problem the fans are most concerned about, the malaise on the pitch and the manager that does not seem to know how to fix it. Asking more people to join in these meetings seems pointless when it comes to addressing the urgent issues.

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Matty, don't take this as a criticism of LWT, as I think they've been unduly knocked of late.

As far as most of us are aware, LWT do not have the opportunity to change anything related to the problem the fans are most concerned about, the malaise on the pitch and the manager that does not seem to know how to fix it. Asking more people to join in these meetings seems pointless when it comes to addressing the urgent issues.Correct, tinkering round the edges, embroidery and windae dressing. Anything Petrie disnae like will be dismissed out of hand. The main issues are not being fixed and LWT will make nae difference tae that. Last nights meeting and the bull**** statement released efter it proves that and how far out of touch they really are. We'll talk tae you, we'll listen tae you and then we'll ignore you anyway and carry on regardless

Heedersnvolleys
22-08-2013, 01:01 PM

They seemed to manage OK when they visited with their old teams. I don't buy that anyway, I think we are no more than abusive of our players than any other, if anything we are more understanding than most. Anybody there on Saturday would agree quietest I have heard ER up until the bust up.

HibeeMassive
22-08-2013, 01:10 PM
I think we are no more than abusive of our players than any other, if anything we are more understanding than most.

Anybody there on Saturday would agree quietest I have heard ER up until the bust up.

Really? I tend to disagree, I think easter road is not a place where players are supported to perform well when things are going against us. We have a tendancy to turn on players at the slightest opportunity.

Last year, I can think of a few games early last season where the noise kept going and the team fought to the end and we scraped a couple of wins / draws from the jaws of defeat because the support stayed behind the team. But, other than that I think ER isn't a place for understanding when it's all going wrong.

In saying that, I can understand why it's like that because the last few years have been single-fish, but I'm not sure I agree with the point that we're more understanding than most tbh.

All IMHO of course.. not looking for a fight, or to be boo'ed :na na:

I do agree with your last point though, I think everyone on Saturday had gone past supporting/abusing the players and the ground was filled with apathy until it got a bit rowdy on the pitch!

blackpoolhibs
22-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Correct, tinkering round the edges, embroidery and windae dressing. Anything Petrie disnae like will be dismissed out of hand. The main issues are not being fixed and LWT will make nae difference tae that. Last nights meeting and the bull**** statement released efter it proves that and how far out of touch they really are. We'll talk tae you, we'll listen tae you and then we'll ignore you anyway and carry on regardless

That just about sums it up for me Dan. :agree: While there are many good folk involved in all these new initiatives, at the end of the day it will change nothing regarding what we see on the park, and why should it?

Unless LWT or any other body have an agenda to out the board and owner nothing they do will result in very much in my opinion.

We need a pressure group who want them out, as its clear to me they have taken us as far as they can.

Heedersnvolleys
22-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Really? I tend to disagree, I think easter road is not a place where players are supported to perform well when things are going against us. We have a tendancy to turn on players at the slightest opportunity.

Last year, I can think of a few games early last season where the noise kept going and the team fought to the end and we scraped a couple of wins / draws from the jaws of defeat because the support stayed behind the team. But, other than that I think ER isn't a place for understanding when it's all going wrong.

In saying that, I can understand why it's like that because the last few years have been single-fish, but I'm not sure I agree with the point that we're more understanding than most tbh.

All IMHO of course.. not looking for a fight, or to be boo'ed :na na:

I do agree with your last point though, I think everyone on Saturday had gone past supporting/abusing the players and the ground was filled with apathy until it got a bit rowdy on the pitch!

My main worry and I would take you back to my post further up this thread if I could, we must have been getting players that can't handle it for a few years then, I think it is just an excuse and even if there is a few that can't handle well we need to get rid! I am sorry but that is part of being a professional football player and management who can identify people who can handle the pressure.

HibeeMassive
22-08-2013, 02:04 PM
My main worry and I would take you back to my post further up this thread if I could, we must have been getting players that can't handle it for a few years then, I think it is just an excuse and even if there is a few that can't handle well we need to get rid! I am sorry but that is part of being a professional football player and management who can identify people who can handle the pressure.

I wouldn't argue with you on that one mate, my point was just around the general atmosphere at ER. I wasn't referring to the comments earlier with regards to the players - rightly or wrongly - being affected by it.

They get paid to play football, so should accept a bit of stick as it's part and parcel of the game. In saying that though, if I was playing football professionally then I'd expect playing at home to be a better experience than visiting away grounds, but I sometimes feel thats not the case - certainly not for specific players.

LeithBoozy
22-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I don't think the players are under as much pressure as the old school, I remember a reserve game at ER many moons ago. When Mixu was playing for Dundee Utd and was getting absolutely slaughtered by the Hibbys in the old enclosure, Well the ground was empty that day. Mixu heard every taunt and Insult, he just laugh it off. He was returning from Injury, so it was very unfair, but the players had a backbone back then, either that or his grasp of English was still no very good. :wink:

Steve20
22-08-2013, 03:27 PM
The moaners and mumpers have got their way with mixu, yogi, calderwood all being turfed early. The same moaners and mumpers that say the board never listens and advocate staying away from ER (and how the **** does that help hibs?)

Yogi and Calderwood were kept much longer than they should have been, so I don't know how you get that they were 'turfed early'.

Bobby's Cinema
22-08-2013, 03:54 PM

If by stability you mean accepting underachievement. No point sticking with the wrong man

HFC 0-7
22-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Calderwood? Turfed early? So you think we should have given him 3 years?

Golden Bear
22-08-2013, 04:23 PM

And can you guarantee that after 2/3 periods of "stability" things will be any better than they are now? Maybe a 6th place in the League will be seen as a major achievement and it will be time to pop the champagne corks.?

Jack
22-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't think the players are under as much pressure as the old school, I remember a reserve game at ER many moons ago. When Mixu was playing for Dundee Utd and was getting absolutely slaughtered by the Hibbys in the old enclosure, Well the ground was empty that day. Mixu heard every taunt and Insult, he just laugh it off. He was returning from Injury, so it was very unfair, but the players had a backbone back then, either that or his grasp of English was still no very good. :wink:

Ah the good old days when we ripped into opposition players. I wonder how long it will take for a Hibs player to be booked for being ugly?

LeithBoozy
22-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Ah the good old days when we ripped into opposition players. I wonder how long it will take for a Hibs player to be booked for being ugly?

That ref was right out of order booking him that day Jack, his coupon deserved a straight red any day of the week. :greengrin

Saorsa
22-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Ah the good old days when we ripped into opposition players. I wonder how long it will take for a Hibs player to be booked for being ugly?As the other thread we were having a discussion :wink: on has since been locked I'll ask you on this one. Do you think last nights meeting achieved anything? Or did it achieve exactly what I said it would, i.e. the square root of **** all other than the release of yet another banal statement from those running our club. This quote from somebody who was there tells me all I need tae ken, it's exactly what I said it would be and was.

nothing I heard Tonight was new.....A PR object which can now be ticked off the checklist.....Glad I didnae waste two and a half hours of my life on it. :wink:

clerriehibs
22-08-2013, 09:40 PM
And can you guarantee that after 2/3 periods of "stability" things will be any better than they are now? Maybe a 6th place in the League will be seen as a major achievement and it will be time to pop the champagne corks.?

Nothing's guaranteed, other than the bedwetters are always out in force as soon as there's a difficult period with a new manager, bewailing that Petrie never listens, and stamping their feet, suggesting match boycotts, until they get the manager sacked.

And then it all starts again.

Jack
23-08-2013, 06:26 AM
As the other thread we were having a discussion :wink: on has since been locked I'll ask you on this one. Do you think last nights meeting achieved anything? Or did it achieve exactly what I said it would, i.e. the square root of **** all other than the release of yet another banal statement from those running our club. This quote from somebody who was there tells me all I need tae ken, it's exactly what I said it would be and was.

Glad I didnae waste two and a half hours of my life on it. :wink:

Well you'll never know if it would have been a waste of your time cause you weren't there. Baldy Foghorn has been at loads of these things so is likely to have heard the public facing stuff before.

But here's something I don't think has been mentioned is what Rod Petrie has learned from the meeting and taken away. From all accounts he was somewhat taken aback by the forcefulness of the supporters there and will be in no doubt of the anger amongst us. It's unlikely we'll hear about the meetings he had yesterday, with Pat for example, we'll have to wait and see how things change.

If there's anything I know about Chairmen generally it is they don't like being sent away with a flea in their ear.

Edit: Just read a draft of the Bounce report on the meeting which kinda backs up the it wasn't us that learned but the Club and describes Rod as being at the end of a doin.

Gatecrasher
23-08-2013, 06:29 AM

This is a big one for me, Not having a pop Stevie but football should be something you go to enjoy, not just because it's our duty. I wonder how many people actually enjoy going to see Hibs just now?

The Falcon
23-08-2013, 06:40 AM
Yogi and Calderwood were kept much longer than they should have been, so I don't know how you get that they were 'turfed early'.

While Yogi had lost it towards the end of his tenure he did get us to fourth in the table which should have been third and this was not considered good enough.

So what is?

blackpoolhibs
23-08-2013, 06:42 AM
This is a big one for me, Not having a pop Stevie but football should be something you go to enjoy, not just because it's our duty. I wonder how many people actually enjoy going to see Hibs just now?

That is the main point, money is scarce for quite a lot of people these days, and more folk are having to prioritise.

Most folk are just looking for something a spark some great piece of skill a goal, just so they can justify spending their hard earned on a team they all love.

Thats not happening, and the team are up there with the most boring in my lifetime, its no surprise more and more are saying thats it, i've had enough.

And yet here we have a board in charge of us, who cant/wont see this, hell mend them.

Ray_
23-08-2013, 06:58 AM
Nothing's guaranteed, other than the bedwetters are always out in force as soon as there's a difficult period with a new manager, bewailing that Petrie never listens, and stamping their feet, suggesting match boycotts, until they get the manager sacked.

And then it all starts again.

Simple really, if they [being the board] were capable of appointing a decent manager in the first place then the rest wouldn't happen.

As for bedwetters, I assume you mean the individuals who have the cheek to want to be entertained and have something worth watching for the hundreds/thousands of pounds they spend on Hibs every year? We'll, already a fair number of those bedwetters have found an alternative to the matchday experience. Here's a hint, when a business lose sales and customers, it rightly doesn't reflect too well on the board.

Saorsa
23-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Well you'll never know if it would have been a waste of your time cause you weren't there. Baldy Foghorn has been at loads of these things so is likely to have heard the public facing stuff before.

But here's something I don't think has been mentioned is what Rod Petrie has learned from the meeting and taken away. From all accounts he was somewhat taken aback by the forcefulness of the supporters there and will be in no doubt of the anger amongst us. It's unlikely we'll hear about the meetings he had yesterday, with Pat for example, we'll have to wait and see how things change.

If there's anything I know about Chairmen generally it is they don't like being sent away with a flea in their ear.I think I'll stick with my conclusion efter the results of the previous ones and the release of the latest banal statement which I could have written last week (and which they probably did) because I knew what would be in it.

Stevie Reid
23-08-2013, 08:59 AM

No worries, not all taking it as you having a go mate. I was just simply stating what I'll be doing, which is continuing to go an hoping for the best - but I cannot deny that it does feel like an obligation rather than a leisure activity at the moment. However, that has often been the case with supporting Hibs in all the years I have been going, and essentially my emotional investment is far bigger than the financial one (I only speak for myself here, btw) and I just cannot give up that easily.

I have tried before, though not very hard - I seriously considered not renewing at the end of Calderwood's first (partial) season but when the PP deadline came about I just did it anyway. After going to Tannadice on the opening day of the season last year I was so scunnered that I just didn't bother going to the derby the following week - we were so inept at Tannadice I couldn't see anything other than the season ahead being another grim struggle, and thought that we'd suffer yet another defeat at the hands of Hearts; something I certainly couldn't have handled so soon after that final.

For the following three months or so following Hibs became enjoyable again, and I remember saying to mates and when posting on here, that it was really nice to walk up Albion Road and see the stadium appearing without the horrible feeling of trepidation that it was only a matter of time before your afternoon got really bad. That feeling was back with a vengeance last Saturday, and sadly I cannot see it shifting without some kind of mircale taking place.

Andy74
23-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Simple really, if they [being the board] were capable of appointing a decent manager in the first place then the rest wouldn't happen.

As for bedwetters, I assume you mean the individuals who have the cheek to want to be entertained and have something worth watching for the hundreds/thousands of pounds they spend on Hibs every year? We'll, already a fair number of those bedwetters have found an alternative to the matchday experience. Here's a hint, when a business lose sales and customers, it rightly doesn't reflect too well on the board.

It would still happen though as no manager is going to come here and never have a bad run of form.

Kaiser1962
23-08-2013, 09:42 AM

77.6% of the 183 (less than 2% of the last home gate) that voted wanted Fenlon sacked and this was reported in the press as Hibs fans wanting rid. 65.89% of the 249 that voted in the protest poll voted against the protest. The protest vote was not reported in the media.

Ray_
23-08-2013, 09:42 AM
It would still happen though as no manager is going to come here and never have a bad run of form.

A poor run of form is one thing Andy, you look for signs that things are going to improve, it may be luck is against you, but making the same mistakes, over and over again and not addressing obvious weakness doesn't fill you with confidence, this, whether you are a player/business partner [sponsor] or a supporter.

I remember meeting John Hughes at a social event, his very first words to me was "I just don't know what to do" [with regard to the slump we were going through]. I thought that was a very strange thing to say, especially as an opening comment, he then spent most of the evening taking the mickey out of Colin Nish.

In management you can be lighthearted, but there are times when you have to let staff know that you are deadly serious and during the spell Hibs were having at the time, that was one of those times.

hhibs
23-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Calderwood? Turfed early? So you think we should have given him 3 years?

No,any fair judicial review on CC performance was more likely to recommend a 10 year sentence with no parole!

Bobby's Cinema
23-08-2013, 10:11 AM
No worries, not all taking it as you having a go mate. I was just simply stating what I'll be doing, which is continuing to go an hoping for the best - but I cannot deny that it does feel like an obligation rather than a leisure activity at the moment. However, that has often been the case with supporting Hibs in all the years I have been going, and essentially my emotional investment is far bigger than the financial one (I only speak for myself here, btw) and I just cannot give up that easily.

I have tried before, though not very hard - I seriously considered not renewing at the end of Calderwood's first (partial) season but when the PP deadline came about I just did it anyway. After going to Tannadice on the opening day of the season last year I was so scunnered that I just didn't bother going to the derby the following week - we were so inept at Tannadice I couldn't see anything other than the season ahead being another grim struggle, and thought that we'd suffer yet another defeat at the hands of Hearts; something I certainly couldn't have handled so soon after that final.

For the following three months or so following Hibs became enjoyable again, and I remember saying to mates and when posting on here, that it was really nice to walk up Albion Road and see the stadium appearing without the horrible feeling of trepidation that it was only a matter of time before your afternoon got really bad. That feeling was back with a vengeance last Saturday, and sadly I cannot see it shifting without some kind of mircale taking place.
Feel much the same as you mate. Although I didn't renew last year for the first year in nine on the back of the final, I have again for this year.

jacomo
23-08-2013, 01:30 PM
77.6% of the 183 (less than 2% of the last home gate) that voted wanted Fenlon sacked and this was reported in the press as Hibs fans wanting rid. 65.89% of the 249 that voted in the protest poll voted against the protest. The protest vote was not reported in the media.

Stuart Bathgate now piling on the pressure.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/stuart-bathgate-pat-fenlon-s-time-has-run-out-1-3040813

This instinctively makes me want PF to stay. If Pat's contract expires at the end of this season, as seems to be the case, I think Petrie will want to avoid sacking him at all costs, then engineer an amicable parting of the ways next summer.

clerriehibs
23-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Stuart Bathgate now piling on the pressure.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/stuart-bathgate-pat-fenlon-s-time-has-run-out-1-3040813

This instinctively makes me want PF to stay. If Pat's contract expires at the end of this season, as seems to be the case, I think Petrie will want to avoid sacking him at all costs, then engineer an amicable parting of the ways next summer.

It's about time that twat did some serious reporting on that lying, cheating, thieving swynecastle outfit, rather than stirring up trouble at ER.

Golden shower locke was roasted by saints, lucky v hibs, and extremely lucky v partick, and yet that idiot doesn't attract these headlines, never mind the basket case that homdc truly are, little of which actually gets reported.

jacomo
23-08-2013, 02:47 PM
It's about time that twat did some serious reporting on that lying, cheating, thieving swynecastle outfit, rather than stirring up trouble at ER.

Golden shower locke was roasted by saints, lucky v hibs, and extremely lucky v partick, and yet that idiot doesn't attract these headlines, never mind the basket case that homdc truly are, little of which actually gets reported.

Think you are expecting way too much. Mr Bathgate isn't smart enough to be anything more than the washed-up hack he is.