PDA

View Full Version : Surely there is a gem in this list??

Chump
21-08-2013, 03:25 PM
thinking back to Dean Shiels and Anthony Stokes from Arsenal.....

Surely there is a young gem in the attached list that Hibs could get on loan or even sign??

Not sure PF has the connections though to get a result!!

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart.palmer/222381/the-top-free-agents-in-the-premier-league

Gordy M
21-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Surely there is a young gem in the attached list that Hibs could get on loan or even sign??

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/ian.stewart.palmer/222381/the-top-free-agents-in-the-premier-league

He did....ryan mcgiverns on that list....

frazeHFC
21-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Hard to know which ones have signed for clubs. Just glancing at the first few teams a lot of them have teams. Simeon Jackson was playing for a newly promoted Germany side at the weekend, meanwhile Lichaj is at Forest for example. Sure there will be some without teams but can fair few of the young ones seem to have gone down into the English lower leagues.

Ryan69
21-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Purely depends on how many are Irish though.

Chump
21-08-2013, 04:19 PM
He did....ryan mcgiverns on that list....

well spotted.....I see George Francomb is on Norwich's list but don't remember much about him - does that say it all?

jacomo
21-08-2013, 04:24 PM
well spotted.....I see George Francomb is on Norwich's list but don't remember much about him - does that say it all?

He hardly played with us, did he? Isn't he a right back?

Hibernia Na Eir
21-08-2013, 05:31 PM
desperate times that fans have to suggest singings.

MrRobot
21-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I actually thought George Francombe seemed a decent player. Had a good delivery from a corner and free kick too.

NAE NOOKIE
21-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Havnt checked the list, but it seems to me that it wouldnt hurt to get somebody on a 6 month loan who can give us a bit of width until Cairney and Harris get back to fitness. Dont get me wrong, that cup final put me off loan players big time, but any port in a storm as far as I can see.

Wotherspiniesta
21-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Cracking physical specimen we could snap up from Man United. John Cofie.

Unseen work
21-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I actually thought George Francombe seemed a decent player. Had a good delivery from a corner and free kick too.

Likewise thought he was a good player, good offensively and at set pieces, not bad at defending, quite similar to whittikar IMO. Could sign worse for right back. Quite suprised he never got more game time when he was here

Unseen work
21-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Actually I'm positive he was a defensive mid which we just played right back sometimes? Sure he was more a playmaker type in midfield. Funny that with all the right back jokes going about now!

ColintonHibs
21-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Cracking physical specimen we could snap up from Man United. John Cofie.

Went to school with him ages ago. Simply outstanding. Better when he was 14 than any of the hibs current 11 are now

jamieross
22-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Francomb not playing for AFC Wimbledon now?

Northernhibee
22-08-2013, 06:17 AM
desperate times that fans have to suggest singings.

This isn't fans having to suggest signings, it's a thread on a message board.

Bayern Bru
22-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Purely depends on how many are Irish though.

Fenlon's non-Irish signings currently in first team:

Tom Taiwo, Owain Tudur Jones, Ben Williams, Rowan Vine, Michael Nelson, Fraser Mullen, Liam Craig, Sean Murdoch, Kevin Thomson, Scott Robertson, Paul Cairney.

Fenlon's Irish (North + Rep) signings currently in first team:

Tim Clancy, Ryan McGivern, Alan Maybury, James Collins (English-born, represents Rep. Ire), James McPake (Scots-born, represents N Ireland).

Not sure I see your point re Irish connections?

:confused:

hibee92
22-08-2013, 09:37 AM

Tom Taiwo, Owain Tudur Jones, Ben Williams, Rowan Vine, Michael Nelson, Fraser Mullen, Liam Craig, Sean Murdoch, Kevin Thomson, Scott Robertson, Paul Cairney.

Tim Clancy, Ryan McGivern, Alan Maybury, James Collins, James McPake.

Not forgetting mcpake is Scottish but chose to represent n.ire

YehButNoBut
22-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Tim Clancy, Ryan McGivern, Alan Maybury, James Collins, James McPake.

Collins is English as well but must have an Irish grandparent which qualifies him to play for Ireland.

Bayern Bru
22-08-2013, 10:05 AM
Not forgetting mcpake is Scottish but chose to represent n.ire

Collins is English as well but must have an Irish grandparent which qualifies him to play for Ireland.

Indeed, that's why I included both of them in the list as representing Ireland / N Ireland. And also because folk would have inevitably argued that they should be. :wink:

TheFamous1875
22-08-2013, 10:07 AM
David Murphy came from Middlesburgh, and Caldwell from Newcastle. This'd is where I'd be looking for young players.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibee bouncer
22-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Tom Hateley is still without a club. Wouldn't mind him at RB however there will no doubt be interest from down south.