20-08-2013, 08:24 PM
For an atmosphere and a team like this again

http://youtu.be/BCH2_AyIZWI

GreenCastle
20-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Great clip :thumbsup:

Makes you more depressed with the way things are right now and the lack of quality / fans at ER.

Why did we never kick on ? We have gone backwards.

hibees 7062
20-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Ma left baw :agree:

TheFamous1875
20-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Great clip :thumbsup:

Makes you more depressed with the way things are right now and the lack of quality / fans at ER.

Why did we never kick on ? We have gone backwards.

We immediately replaced quality with nothing near as good. That's where we went wrong. We should have backed Collins. The money we got cleared the debt, but we should have kept up the quality of the football on the pitch, so we could keep our fans coming and keep improving on that.

A sin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I'd buy a season ticket for that.

Hibercelona
20-08-2013, 08:45 PM
The most depressing thing about it is that you just can't see where quality like that is going to come from again.

I can see us still being stuck with the same issues another several years down the line.

Higgy115
20-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Adrian Sproule, Kevin Thomas.....

Bring back Archie......

hibeesjoe
20-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I Think Williams is the only player that would walk into that team right now from the current squad

LioNeilMessi
20-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I Think Williams is the only player that would walk into that team right now from the current squad

Agree and I think KT might also be a shout too :wink:

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

HibeesLA
20-08-2013, 09:05 PM

Yet the first ball we played was a long ball that missed everyone, and went skidding out the park :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Class! Remember that game like it was yesterday :-( A few things;

1)What an unbelievable difference a completely packed West stand makes to the atmosphere/look of the stadium. Hate all the empty seats in there since so many flocked over to the new East stand.

2)Fenlon has been slated for effectively playing 4 centre midfielders(deserved abuse IMO). Interesting that we used to regularly play with, what could be classed as, 4 centre midfielders in Brown, Boozy, Stewart and Thommo. The difference being how attack minded they were compared with Fenlon's 4 sitting midfielders slowing things down. The pace of Broony back then helped so much. No natural wingers in that starting 11 tho.

3)Hearts go down to 10 men, we stick wee Ivan on to run into the spaces. We don't currently have a player like that or the tactics to even think about such a sub. If Hearts had fine down to 10 men the other week we would still have brought on a defensive midfielder.

4)Riordan was/is still one of the best players I've seen play for us in the flesh. Anyone who slates him on here needs their head examined IMO.

5)That was a very strong Hearts team and we beat them reasonably comfortably in the end. The worst Hearts team in history beat us two weeks ago and we created one chance in 90 mins. Tragic

6)Zibi managed to not completely **** up in that derby!

7)Who is 'Adrian' Sproule?!lol. Poor stuff from a ridiculous commentator

carnoustiehibee
20-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Sproule, murphy, Thomson, brown, riordan, oconnor.

All roughly the same age as me and looking back at that the ability they had and potential was frightening.

Shows you how much we've declined when now Hanlon, Stevenson and wotherspoon are deemed great players with big futures.

hibees 7062
20-08-2013, 09:43 PM

1)What an unbelievable difference a completely packed West stand makes to the atmosphere/look of the stadium. Hate all the empty seats in there since so many flocked over to the new East stand.

2)Fenlon has been slated for effectively playing 4 centre midfielders(deserved abuse IMO). Interesting that we used to regularly play with, what could be classed as, 4 centre midfielders in Brown, Boozy, Stewart and Thommo. The difference being how attack minded they were compared with Fenlon's 4 sitting midfielders slowing things down. The pace of Broony back then helped so much. No natural wingers in that starting 11 tho.

3)Hearts go down to 10 men, we stick wee Ivan on to run into the spaces. We don't currently have a player like that or the tactics to even think about such a sub. If Hearts had fine down to 10 men the other week we would still have brought on a defensive midfielder.

4)Riordan was/is still one of the best players I've seen play for us in the flesh. Anyone who slates him on here needs their head examined IMO.

5)That was a very strong Hearts team and we beat them reasonably comfortably in the end. The worst Hearts team in history beat us two weeks ago and we created one chance in 90 mins. Tragic

:agree:

Jonny1875
20-08-2013, 09:53 PM
That was the Hibs I was proud to say I supported when all the other kids in Primary school used to say "Celtic are the best team in the world"

Fife-Hibee
20-08-2013, 09:58 PM
The most depressing thing about it is that you just can't see where quality like that is going to come from again.

I can see us still being stuck with the same issues another several years down the line.

Sad but true ! I would buy another season ticket in a minute if we were still playing like that :-( just cant bare watching this crap anymore !

Unseen work
20-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Funny looking back at it how much we never appreciated some players such as Michael Stewart, dean shiels etc from them days, unreal amount of talent in that team. Frustrating watching brown in a hibs top as back then he was a very exciting young prospect who IMO could do anything tackle, run, score etc and thought he was destined for greatness. Painful to see him turned into a Barry ferguson type player, Albeit still good, but wanted him in premiership the same style he played at hibs

The Falcon
20-08-2013, 10:04 PM

FWIW I think you're at it :wink:

The Green Goblin
20-08-2013, 10:06 PM
One of my favourite ever games at ER. When the 2nd went in, I swear I felt the West Stand shaking. Chaos.. Magic! :greengrin

Unseen work
20-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Sproule, murphy, Thomson, brown, riordan, oconnor.

All roughly the same age as me and looking back at that the ability they had and potential was frightening.

Shows you how much we've declined when now Hanlon, Stevenson and wotherspoon are deemed great players with big futures.

Stevenson Hanlon and Wotherspoon were great prospects. IMO it's not them that's been the reason and I honestly think they would of progressed similar to Thomson etc if they had Mowbray as a manager playing aslong side other great players murphy, boozy, Stewart, Caldwell etc. when you think how good all 3 were when they first burst on the scene to me it's more down to constant changing in managers and basically a whole new team every season, when most aren't good enough. Mowbrays team played with no fear, confidence on the ball, attacking fast flowing football, players playing for each other, all making options for the ball making keeping possession easier....god I need to stop am getting depressed hahaha.

Wembley67
20-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Both these teams are what every team in the SPL apart from Celtic can only dream about these days.

Great era for Edinburgh fitbaw.

HibbyAndy
20-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Man i remember that like yesterday!!.

Riordan, Oconnor...What the hell are they guys doing washed up at 30...Look at us now...No pace power panache movement..We have went backwards since then. FACT...

The old East aswell..God i wish we still had it.

Fans have voted with there feet ever since...But thats ok its our ,The fans fault..

Riordan..Gaz...Murphy Boozy.Thomson Whittaker..That team could have won the league.

Unseen work
20-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Could you imagine some players over the past 10 or so years making a super team

Williams

Whittikar. Caldwell. Jones. Murphy

Brown. Thomson. Boozy. Riordan

Griffiths. Fletcher

Oconnor
Shiels
Zemmama
Stokes
Bamba
Liam miller
Michael Stewart
Vaz te
Claros

And I'm sure iv missed tons! Very hard choosing a team out of that lot. No wonder were all so p!ssed at how we're playing now!

silverhibee
20-08-2013, 10:35 PM
That was great to watch again.

What a team. :flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2013, 10:50 PM

Williams

Griffiths. Fletcher

Oconnor
Shiels
Zemmama
Stokes
Bamba
Liam miller
Michael Stewart
Vaz te
Claros

And I'm sure iv missed tons! Very hard choosing a team out of that lot. No wonder were all so p!ssed at how we're playing now!

The front two are too much left footed, would never work. :wink:

FastEddieFelson
20-08-2013, 11:01 PM
FWIW I think you're at it :wink:

I think he's spot on.

TheFamous1875
20-08-2013, 11:10 PM

Williams

Griffiths. Fletcher

Oconnor
Shiels
Zemmama
Stokes
Bamba
Liam miller
Michael Stewart
Vaz te
Claros

This team + a few more you left out (Sproule, Murray, Dobbie) and the much higher level Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Stevenson + others would have developed to, we would've been winning the league and changing the face of Scottish football.

SonOfDavidFrancey
20-08-2013, 11:18 PM
That was great to watch again.

What a team. :flag:

One of the reasons they were so good was because of the years before when blobby had to give the young players the time on the pitch - which PF clearly fails to do.

Fife-Hibee
20-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I think he's spot on.

The crowd speaks volumes, another few weeks more of this and we'll be down to 6k

Purehibee_MYB
21-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Just reminds you what Deeks and Gaz used to be like. Sad to see them where they are now and almost perplexing.

hibeesjoe
21-08-2013, 05:45 AM

Williams

Griffiths. Fletcher

Oconnor
Shiels
Zemmama
Stokes
Bamba
Liam miller
Michael Stewart
Vaz te
Claros

I reckon that is a league winning team. Imagine Hibs in the group stages of the champions league. If only carlsberg still sponsored us haha

TheFamous1875
21-08-2013, 06:05 AM
I reckon that is a league winning team. Imagine Hibs in the group stages of the champions league. If only carlsberg still sponsored us haha

I do wonder how that team would do in Europe at the peak of their abilities as a unit hahaha

Andy74
21-08-2013, 08:38 AM
That team got a humping in Dnipro and lost 4-0 at Hampden to Hearts. They also never won in Inverness!

It wasn't all roses an unicorns!!

hfc rd
21-08-2013, 08:57 AM
The great times! Imagine them at that time playing the current Hibs team! As someone posted earlier, only Ben Williams would walk into that team. Shows you how far back we have fallen behind.

McSwanky
21-08-2013, 09:10 AM
100 reasons to 'mildly dislike' Rudi Skacel:

Number 24: His blatant knee on Malkowski's head.

Fud.

GreenCastle
21-08-2013, 09:45 AM

:top marks