PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Man City vs Newcastle

Sylar
19-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Man City epitomise everything wrong with modern football for me but I have to confess, they're very easy to watch!

20 minutes gone and City lead Newcastle 2-0 (Silva, Aguero).

David Silva truly is a class apart.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Man City epitomise everything wrong with modern football for me but I have to confess, they're very easy to watch!

I watched the 1st half of Chelski v Hull yesterday as well, and the gap between top and bottom is getting wider

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Tonight just looks like a case of "How Many"?

Sylar
19-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I watched the 1st half of Chelski v Hull yesterday as well, and the gap between top and bottom is getting wider

:agree: - a fair point.

Manchester United made a hotly tipped Swansea side look pitiful on Saturday too. 3 horse race this year for sure!

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Manchester United made a hotly tipped Swansea side look pitiful on Saturday too. 3 horse race this year for sure!

Agree. Huge gulf in class of the top three and the rest.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2013, 07:31 PM
From BT Sport (sorry dunno how to post a link as its from the ipad app)

Perhaps not the best example of a DoF...

Fans still waiting for Kinnear to deliver on promises
As Newcastle prepare to start their season at title favourites Manchester City, Mike Calvin assesses the discord behind the scenes.

By Mike Calvin
Sports writer
Last updated: 19 August 2013, 10:05 BST

Newcastle director of football Joe Kinnear with the club's new loan signing Loic Remy. Picture: Getty Images

Most football clubs devote time, money and intellectual energy to the art of management. At Newcastle United, they turn it into a custard pie fight.

THWACK. Owner Mike Ashley appoints Joe Kinnear, JFK of legend, as director of football. This cerebral figure succeeds in insulting everyone’s intelligence, without disguising his broader ambitions.

SPLOSH. Alan Pardew, a fine manager and an exceptional coach, is obliged to maintain the pretence that he has an effective working relationship with a man whose promises of an assertive, British-based recruitment policy remain unrealised.

KAPOW. Newcastle’s season begins at Manchester City tonight. JFK’s only signing, loanee Loic Remy, is injured and will be unavailable for a month. Pardew’s plea for an additional striker remains unanswered, despite interest in Lyon’s Bafetimbi Gomis.

Little wonder Newcastle fans don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Their passion for the club is one of the few consistent factors at an institution which refuses to conform to normality.

The talent is there. Plenty of clubs covet such players as goalkeeper Tim Krul, central defender Fabricio Coloccini, and playmaker Yohan Cabaye. Hatem Ben Arfa, if fit and firing, is a creative player of limitless possibilities.

Pardew has addressed the weaknesses of the club’s backroom staff by employing conditioning expert Faye Downey. Having worked with her in Olympic sport, I can confirm she is one of the best in her trade.

He has to define the best role for Moussa Sissoko, and come up with a way to convince Cheick Tioté that his regular holidays, as a result of suspensions triggered by numerous yellow cards, are harming his reputation, and his career.

Tonight will be tough. City have goals in every area of the team, and deserve to be regarded as marginal title favourites. As for Newcastle, it might be wise for the fans to begin clearing their throats for a quick chorus of "Stand up if you hate Kinnear."

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 07:33 PM
So easy for City so far.

joe breezy
19-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Aye, I've got 3-0 City but looking like the goal tally will exceed that the way things are going

Sylar
19-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Having done exactly what Gutierrez did last night at 5's, I've nothing but sympathy for him. He's going to hurt like a ******* in the morning!

CB_NO3
19-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I think in the next 5 year there is going to have to be change. The gap is getting bigger and bigger. We will need a European super league or summit. City look to be cruising, United crushed Swansea, Chelsea never moved out of second gear. If you look on the continent its the same thing with Barca being 6 up at half time. Real Madrid only won 2-1 but had 26 shots on goal and Betis had 2. Bayern crushed the Bundesliga last season and only conceded 16 goals or summit.

Sylar
19-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Newcastle down to 10 men. Taylor with a straight red for an elbow on Aguero.

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Game, set and match.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 07:50 PM
That was never a red. It was a wee wave of a straight arm. The game is so soft now.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I think in the next 5 year there is going to have to be change. The gap is getting bigger and bigger. We will need a European super league or summit. City look to be cruising, United crushed Swansea, Chelsea never moved out of second gear. If you look on the continent its the same thing with Barca being 6 up at half time. Real Madrid only won 2-1 but had 26 shots on goal and Betis had 2. Bayern crushed the Bundesliga last season and only conceded 16 goals or summit.

Financial fair play was supposed to kick in as well!

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 07:58 PM
What the hell is Carragher saying? Nobody watching outside Merseyside has a clue.

Billy Whizz
19-08-2013, 08:03 PM
What the hell is Carragher saying? Nobody watching outside Merseyside has a clue.

Why did Sky give him a contract, offers nothing

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Put the subtitles on mate. That's what I've done as I couldn't understand one word he was saying!

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Why did Sky give him a contract, offers nothing

It's like English viewers listening to Rab C Nesbitt. I've no idea what Carragher is saying :dunno:

Billy Whizz
19-08-2013, 08:11 PM
It's like English viewers listening to Rab C Nesbitt. I've no idea what Carragher is saying :dunno:

Nothing to do with his accent. It's more to do with his analysis, offers nothing new or interesting

Sylar
19-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Man City 3-0 Newcastle

Super free kick from Toure.

macca70
19-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Oooft, what a Free Kick

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Cracking free kick, and poor Krul had just made a superb save. This could be a real pumping if City keep going for it.

Haymaker
19-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Put the subtitles on mate. That's what I've done as I couldn't understand one word he was saying!

On their tv program last year they did that a few times for the US viewers!

Man City are looking much better than they did under Mancini.

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 08:19 PM
On their tv program last year they did that a few times for the US viewers!

Man City are looking much better than they did under Mancini.

No surprise. Really can't understand what that fud is trying to say!

Agree with that 2nd paragraph. They look so much better playing a 4-4-2 rather than that 4-2-3-1.

IWasThere2016
19-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Heading down late November to see Man C - Swansea. The standard of play is great - Toure is an awesome sight in full flow. The Etihad is worth a visit, and the hospitality is superb.

Lofarl
19-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Seems no Atmosphere in the ground

Sylar
19-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Man City 4-0 Newcastle: Nasri

Judas Iscariot
19-08-2013, 08:48 PM
City score a 5th but ruled offside, poor decision..

At least it's not just our league that has **** officials, ref has had a howler!

Manchester City have looked very good, team to beat this year IMO :aok:

Love the Green
19-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Heading down late November to see Man C - Swansea. The standard of play is great - Toure is an awesome sight in full flow. The Etihad is worth a visit, and the hospitality is superb.

Great stadium hospitality is great..visit3/4 times a season next visit Hull in 2 weeks.

PISTOL1875
19-08-2013, 09:07 PM

:violin::violin::violin:

Jonny1875
19-08-2013, 09:10 PM
City fans must be thinking 'if only RVP wasn't at United' :wink:

hibsbollah
19-08-2013, 09:10 PM
How was Jovetic? A wee genius with Fiorentina.

HH81
19-08-2013, 09:14 PM

Why would they think that :confused:

Jonny1875
19-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Why would they think that :confused:

He certainly helped win the league last year and he helped again on Sunday, they could become a one man team.

HH81
19-08-2013, 09:19 PM
He certainly helped win the league last year and he helped again on Sunday, they could become a one man team.

:agree: Rooney just signed for Chelsea.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 09:20 PM

Or perhaps "If we only we had twenty league titles and three European Cups like United". But they have all the money in the world, so they'll sleep well. It was so easy for them tonight.

ScottB
19-08-2013, 09:21 PM

If he'd ended up at City instead...

Jonny1875
19-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Serious? :aok: Anybody but United is my motto if Liverpool don't look likely.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Serious? :aok: Anybody but United is my motto if Liverpool don't look likely.

Well we should be worried, Jonny. It's rumoured that Sheikh Mansoor is going to bid for Liverpool's and United's trophies and has already bought a large bag of blue ribbons to put on them. He says he's already bought a league title and an F.A. Cup and can't see a problem.

joe breezy
19-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Proof?
No reports whatsoever other than Mourinho still wants him and rumoured another bid going in...

johnrebus
19-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Well we should be worried, Jonny. It's rumoured that Sheikh Mansoor is going to bid for Liverpool's and United's trophies and has already bought a large bag of blue ribbons to put on them. He says he's already bought a league title and an F.A. Cup and can't see a problem.

Why all the sarcastic bitterness?

That's life, get over it.

Mon the Citeh.

:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Why all the sarcastic bitterness?

That's life, get over it.

Mon the Citeh.

:wink:

Citeh fans accusing others of bitterness is the ultimate irony. :greengrin

johnrebus
19-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Citeh fans accusing others of bitterness is the ultimate irony. :greengrin

Am not a City fan, just can't be bothered with folks whingeing on and on about how unfair it is that some clubs have more dosh than others.

That's the way of the world, life is a bitch and then you die.

:greengrin

PS

City fans deserve a bit of success, considering the **** they had to put up with for the last forty years.

Good luck to them.

FromTheCapital
19-08-2013, 10:02 PM
City fan here. :tin hat: And yes, I have been a City fan for over 7 years.

Looked excellent tonight. The whole team linked up brilliantly and so did the subs when they came on. Think it will be down to us and Chelsea for the title this year but I think we'll nick it.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
19-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Great stadium hospitality is great..visit3/4 times a season next visit Hull in 2 weeks.

Changes made this season too.. some new options.

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Am not a City fan, just can't be bothered with folks whingeing on and on about how unfair it is that some clubs have more dosh than others.

That's the way of the world, life is a bitch and then you die.

:greengrin

PS

City fans deserve a bit of success, considering the **** they had to put up with for the last forty years.

Good luck to them.
I do agree to the extent that if is wasn't them, it would be somebody else. Chelsea have done exactly the same thing, and all clubs would love to have an owner arrive who makes them world class. Just as long as City and Chelsea remember that having very deep pockets isn't the same thing as being a truly big club. They're spending far more than they earn. The money could be removed just as quickly as it arrived, then pop up elsewhere.

They'll certainly be in the mix for the title this season. They also need to kick on in the Champions league this season.

Pete
20-08-2013, 01:00 AM
I do agree to the extent that if is wasn't them, it would be somebody else. Chelsea have done exactly the same thing, and all clubs would love to have an owner arrive who makes them world class. Just as long as City and Chelsea remember that having very deep pockets isn't the same thing as being a truly big club. They're spending far more than they earn. The money could be removed just as quickly as it arrived, then pop up elsewhere.

They'll certainly be in the mix for the title this season. They also need to kick on in the Champions league this season.

A "truly big club".

Please, just gonnae no. :-)

brian6-2
20-08-2013, 07:59 AM
How was Jovetic? A wee genius with Fiorentina.

Never even made the bench, neither did richards or gareth barry (i think)

Great performance from city and i thought they looked like they were toying with newcastle for parts of the game, reminded me alot of the way the world cup winning french team played.

Fernandinho and big Yaya will destroy the EPL this year.

khib70
20-08-2013, 08:24 AM
City fan here. :tin hat: And yes, I have been a City fan for over 7 years.

Looked excellent tonight. The whole team linked up brilliantly and so did the subs when they came on. Think it will be down to us and Chelsea for the title this year but I think we'll nick it.

:agree:
Forget the tin hat mate, you're not alone:greengrin. 30 odd years in my case... Nice to see the rags getting edgy already.

Really good performance. Look like a different side - Dzeko in particular. Despite Mancini's undoubted achievements, he wasn't getting the best out of the players. All the new signings look great. but another tremendous show from Zabaleta. If only we could have one player with his attitude, committment and ability at ER....

Four scored, two stonewall penalties denied, good goal ruled out for "offside". Good day's work. However, United got a good result at a potentially dangerous fixture, and Chelsea swatted Hull aside, so there's a lot of work still to be done.

Ritchie
20-08-2013, 08:25 AM

a tad unfair on Swansea. They started off well but Man Utd scored against the run of play and then turned it on

Swansea will do well this season.

brian6-2
20-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Liverpool and United never spend any money do they, i forgot about that............ :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
20-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Never even made the bench, neither did richards or gareth barry (i think)

Great performance from city and i thought they looked like they were toying with newcastle for parts of the game, reminded me alot of the way the world cup winning french team played.

Fernandinho and big Yaya will destroy the EPL this year.

That's what yanks my chain about modern football. Man City buy Fiorentina's prize asset for £22 million and he probably won't play half their games this season. See also Man Yoo's Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund. These players are also the stars of their national teams.

TamHibs
20-08-2013, 09:02 AM
That's what yanks my chain about modern football. Man City buy Fiorentina's prize asset for £22 million and he probably won't play half their games this season. See also Man Yoo's Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund. These players are also the stars of their national teams.

Jovetic was injured last night & Kagawa has been injured for most of last season. Bit harsh to say neither player will play half of their clubs games this season. If they stay fit Jovetic will play ahead of Dzeko & Kagawa is the best midfielder United have just now.

hibsbollah
20-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Jovetic was injured last night & Kagawa has been injured for most of last season. Bit harsh to say neither player will play half of their clubs games this season. If they stay fit Jovetic will play ahead of Dzeko & Kagawa is the best midfielder United have just now.

If Jovetic was injured then the jurys still out. But listen to what Jurgen Klopp has to say about Kagawa. And hes been sitting on the bench loads, even when he WAS fit. According to wiki he missed only November and December through injury, but only played 20 games out of 54. That means hes only getting on the pitch in about half of all games hes available for.

patch1875
20-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Newcastle a bit like us a rotten core

Alex Trager
20-08-2013, 10:27 AM
If Jovetic was injured then the jurys still out. But listen to what Jurgen Klopp has to say about Kagawa. And hes been sitting on the bench loads, even when he WAS fit. According to wiki he missed only November and December through injury, but only played 20 games out of 54. That means hes only getting on the pitch in about half of all games hes available for.

Exactly. If you watch Dortmund from when he was there, he was a superb player. JK reckons one of the best in the world. I'd say he should be starting behind RVP. He is a sensational player

brian6-2
20-08-2013, 10:32 AM

Not going by last nights performance mate.

Dzeko looked like a new player.

TamHibs
20-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Not going by last nights performance mate.

Dzeko looked like a new player.

Jovetic will still play ahead of him. Genuinely can only see Dzeko playing ahead og him if a) Jovetic is injured or b) JOvetic doesn't settle into the English game.

Jonny1875
20-08-2013, 09:49 PM

If only he had a sudden desire to buy Hibs...

jgl07
21-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Financial fair play was supposed to kick in as well!

Financial Fair Play will make things a lot worse. The top four clubs will continue to scoop up all the Champions League cash and no one will be able to invest sufficiently to challenge them even if they could access the funds.

Those in the Champions League group stages can double their turnover and hence pay far higher wages than those not there.