PDA

View Full Version : An Easy Ride

Waxy
19-08-2013, 05:22 PM
No not in the Cav.

At Hibs.Are our players getting an easy time of it?
They don't deserve to.
What are Hibs training hours?
Do they get days off?
Can they pop to training anytime they want?
Is it a 3hr working day?

When Fenlon shouts "Do this do that" do they do it?
Or do they s****** at each other n say "**** of ye wee leprechaun"
Do they go and get sloshed up town on fridays?(very much hope not)

Something is still wrong at Hibs.Are we an easy ride for players?
WHATS WRONG?

3pm
19-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Thought you'd been with my ex burd. Was going to see if you could get my Anchorman DVD back.

Baldy Foghorn
19-08-2013, 06:21 PM
We should take a leaf out of the Italian's book.....Any bad performances lead to fans taking to the training ground armed with baseball bats....Imagine a few of our larger set fan's running round EM trying to catch the players:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
19-08-2013, 06:25 PM
No not in the Cav.

At Hibs.Are our players getting an easy time of it?
They don't deserve to.
What are Hibs training hours?
Do they get days off?
Can they pop to training anytime they want?
Is it a 3hr working day?

When Fenlon shouts "Do this do that" do they do it?
Or do they s****** at each other n say "**** of ye wee leprechaun"
Do they go and get sloshed up town on fridays?(very much hope not)

Something is still wrong at Hibs.Are we an easy ride for players?
WHATS WRONG?

Bolt ya wee leprechaun.

Waxy
19-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Do Petrie and the board turn up at East mains unexpected?
Or is there camaras on the training ground beamed back to the ER board room?

Hibby Gav
19-08-2013, 06:30 PM
My mate is friendly with a few of the under 20s......they say that when any of them get to train with the first team it's a lot easier than their normal work...I know it doesn't alway have to be the sand dunes at Gullane but still.....

brydekirk
19-08-2013, 07:25 PM
My mate is friendly with a few of the under 20s......they say that when any of them get to train with the first team it's a lot easier than their normal work...I know it doesn't alway have to be the sand dunes at Gullane but still.....
If that's true, and I personally believe it is, something needs to be done about it .
I remember when Fletcher first moved, he commented on how hard the training was compared to ER. Shocking.

Hibercelona
19-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Regardless of what level you're playing at, the training should always be as hard as possible. You can't truly push yourself as a player if you're not forced to give it everything you've got.

If players are finding the training too easy or non-challenging, then something is definitely wrong.

Captain Trips
19-08-2013, 11:48 PM
I think to much is getting looked into regarding attitudes and training. I cannot believe we are any better or worse than other clubs regarding training. It is simply we certainly in CC and PF have two managers whom just aren't very good and havent signed players as good as some think.

Hibercelona
20-08-2013, 02:29 AM
I think to much is getting looked into regarding attitudes and training. I cannot believe we are any better or worse than other clubs regarding training. It is simply we certainly in CC and PF have two managers whom just aren't very good and havent signed players as good as some think.

And Yogi, and Mixu....

4 managers we've gone through (since EM) who have apparently not signed very good players, despite the fact that a fair number of them leave and do considerably better elsewhere...

Yep, surely has nothing to do with East Mains.

cocopops1875
20-08-2013, 06:12 AM
And Yogi, and Mixu....

4 managers we've gone through (since EM) who have apparently not signed very good players, despite the fact that a fair number of them leave and do considerably better elsewhere...

What could it possibly have to do with East Mains :confused:
Regardless of where we train Structure and Quality should be the goal, if thats not happening its nothing to do with the location :agree:

Hibercelona
20-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Regardless of where we train Structure and Quality should be the goal, if thats not happening its nothing to do with the location :agree:

Where did I say that the physical location was the problem?

Ever since East Mains became operational, we've looked dire almost week in week out.

I'm not blaming the physical building though!

cocopops1875
20-08-2013, 06:52 AM
And Yogi, and Mixu....

Ever since East Mains became operational, we've looked dire almost week in week out.

My use of the word location was about facilities, Do you Believe we would be better off going back to the School playing fields and council parks of yesteryear ?
Do you Believe that having a 1st class training Facility is to the detriment of Hibs ?
My Point is it has nothing to do with Our Training Centre, Yet folk keep trotting out the "We've been Gash since EM was built" "all they do is play xbox" Pish

WellingtonHibby
20-08-2013, 06:55 AM

Haunted. Deffo.

sahib
20-08-2013, 06:56 AM

I would also blame a lack of continuity. We look like a bunch of strangers rather than a team. Although wholesale changes may have been needed, or indeed forced on us, but it takes a wee bit time or some players to settle.

Bobby's Cinema
20-08-2013, 07:04 AM
My use of the word location was about facilities, Do you Believe we would be better off going back to the School playing fields and council parks of yesteryear ?
Do you Believe that having a 1st class training Facility is to the detriment of Hibs ?
My Point is it has nothing to do with Our Training Centre, Yet folk keep trotting out the "We've been Gash since EM was built" "all they do is play xbox" Pish
Again, he's talking about how the facilities are used not the place itself. You would have to say there must be a case for them being utilised better. Hibs seem to excel in all levels other than the first team. It wasn't so long ago that we had a double winning U19 side where the coaching must have played a big part. Okay irrelevant you might say, but we can all surely see that we don't get the best out of enough players at Hibs. The coaching must be questioned.

Saorsa
20-08-2013, 07:10 AM
My Point is it has nothing to do with Our Training Centre, Yet folk keep trotting out the "We've been Gash since EM was built" "all they do is play xbox" PishYou could turn that question the other way around and answer it. What do you think has been achieved with it that has justified the £5 Million building cost and the annual running cost of it which is in the £100,000's per year that was not achieved on council parks? :wink: Actually I agree with you though :greengrin I think it has little tae do with the training centre.

IMO it has everything tae do with those who have been given it tae use (and again IMO the finger points at who is puting them there) and I mean those in charge of the 1st team, not below that. When I was a lad (a few years ago :greengrin ) I would sometimes go tae watch Hibs train and the hours certainly weren't much different tae today, was about 3 hours but they would sometimes come back efternoons during pre-season. The younger lads though were there a lot of the efternoons (dinnae ken how it is now) but if they still are maybe that is part of the problem too when they stop that but IMO it certainly isnae the biggest issue.

cocopops1875
20-08-2013, 08:03 AM
You could turn that question the other way around and answer it. What do you think has been achieved with it that has justified the £5 Million building cost and the annual running cost of it which is in the £100,000's per year that was not achieved on council parks? :wink: Actually I agree with you though :greengrin I think it has little tae do with the training centre.

IMO it has everything tae do with those who have been given it tae use (and again IMO the finger points at who is puting them there) and I mean those in charge of the 1st team, not below that. When I was a lad (a few years ago :greengrin ) I would sometimes go tae watch Hibs train and the hours certainly weren't much different tae today, was about 3 hours but they would sometimes come back efternoons during pre-season. The younger lads though were there a lot of the efternoons (dinnae ken how it is now) but if they still are maybe that is part of the problem too when they stop that but IMO it certainly isnae the biggest issue.
Agree DD to a point I have always quite rightly in my opinion believed that a good pro should be able to train properly anywhere (within reason) it's about application in my opinion. I still think we will see the best of east mains in the players we produce from youth having them train there is the correct foundation for a player and the facilities are worthy of a club of our stature. It's been going wrong somewhere though and that's on the park but I don't think spending on the park would have yielded better results

Saorsa
20-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Agree DD to a point I have always quite rightly in my opinion believed that a good pro should be able to train properly anywhere (within reason) it's about application in my opinion. I still think we will see the best of east mains in the players we produce from youth having them train there is the correct foundation for a player and the facilities are worthy of a club of our stature. It's been going wrong somewhere though and that's on the park but I don't think spending on the park would have yielded better resultsI dinnae disagree with that either, unless it was silly money we'd been spending (which is never what I've advocated) it would have made little difference , we spend more than most of the teams who are doing better than we are now.

We might have done better though had we invested in a decent manager or two in the last 6 years instead of cheap ones and that could have been done in the 1st place with the money that's been squandered on Petrie's duds. And that is exactly where it is going wrong at EM particularly with the youths IMO, the move form good youth coaches tae duff 1st team ones.

J-C
20-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Don't know if it's me but the 1st team do look very slow and laborious compared to other SPL teams, this seemed the same last season too.

Are we just buying very slow carthorse players or are their levels of fitness not up to scratch, if the rumours are true that the training is pretty easy, then something definitely needs changing.