PDA

View Full Version : NHC Ian Black in trouble for betting

Off the bar
19-08-2013, 03:55 PM
just seen this on twitter your least favourite ex yam in trouble for gambling to lose! fud

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=12361

Off the bar
19-08-2013, 03:57 PM
full article from sfa website here

Ian Black issued with Notice of ComplaintMonday, 19 August 2013
The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Ian Black, Rangers FC
Dates: 4th March 2006 to 28th July 2013
Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Season 2012/13 and preceding Rules and Articles):

(1) By betting on three football matches on then-registered club not to win.

(2) By betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then-registered club.

(3) By betting on a further 147 football matches.

Principal Hearing Date: Thursday, 12th September 2013

Mr Black has until Monday 26th August 2013 to respond to the complaint.

Disciplinary Rule 22 (Rule 33 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14): No club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bet in any way on a football match (except authorised and registered football pools).

Please note that there is no evidence to suggest any breach of Disciplinary Rule 23 (Rule 34 in updated Judicial Panel Protocol for season 2013/14).

Disciplinary Rule 23, for reference: No club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall knowingly behave in a manner, during or in connection with a match in which the party has participated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through betting.

Northernhibee
19-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Good stuff, I have a shed that needs painting.

StevieC
19-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Just looks like he's been stupid enough to bet on a match that involved his, then current, team. The fact that he hasn't been pulled up for breach of rule 23 suggests that either he wasn't playing or the bet never came in, so it's likely to be a preverbial slap on the wrist rather than anything serious.

Waxy
19-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Waiting on a certain ref being pulled up like this.

LongshanksED
19-08-2013, 04:15 PM
so it's likely to be a preverbial slap on the wrist rather than anything serious.

He needs slapped across the coupon (no pun intended)

StevieC
19-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Might not have been intended .. but it was a bloody good one .. :greengrin

snooky
19-08-2013, 04:32 PM
The Daily Hun will probably just gloss over it.

Pedantic_Hibee
19-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm overcome with emulsion.

AlbertK86
19-08-2013, 04:36 PM
My punishment for him is maybe harsh .... 5 years in jail !!!

Dunderhall
19-08-2013, 04:39 PM
At the hearing, he is planning to say he will "repaint, repaint and win no more."

Off the bar
19-08-2013, 04:57 PM
My punishment for him is maybe harsh .... 5 years in jail !!!

a lengthy ban, where the hun have one of their top earners sat in the stand (hoping for an away win!) suits me.

Chuck Rhoades
19-08-2013, 05:02 PM
It is with a tint of sadness that a fine stroke of gambling on his part was glossed over by the people he canvassed.

frazeHFC
19-08-2013, 05:08 PM
The news just said that fines could range from £500 to £1,000,000 for this offence, and bans from a suspension to expelsion from Scottish football.

Tonez
19-08-2013, 05:14 PM
The news just said that fines could range from £500 to £1,000,000 for this offence, and bans from a suspension to expelsion from Scottish football.

Good!

Fine him £1,000,000 and then ban him.

hhibs
19-08-2013, 05:18 PM
a lengthy ban, where the hun have one of their top earners sat in the stand (hoping for an away win!) suits me.

Unfortunately this may also give Sevco the opportunity to bin yet another of their high paid players and off the wage bill.
This would be on the grounda of Gross Misconduct,such irony !:wink:l

givescotlandfreedom
19-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Waiting on a certain ref being pulled up like this.

There's a linesman that should be, I heard.

Makaveli
19-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Apparently the last time Black bet on/against his own team was when the Huns played Albion Rovers, a game he scored in.

Biggie
19-08-2013, 05:27 PM
What's the chances of this happening eh ?

patch1875
19-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Has he had a brush with the authorities before?

chinaman
19-08-2013, 05:38 PM
The Daily Hun will probably just gloss over it. without a doubt

silverhibee
19-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Are the SFA serious with these allegations. :worms:

Hibercelona
19-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Has he had a brush with the authorities before?

Not sure. But this incident won't paint him in a good light.

Off the bar
19-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Unfortunately this may also give Sevco the opportunity to bin yet another of their high paid players and off the wage bill.
This would be on the grounda of Gross Misconduct,such irony !:wink:l

Sandaza mark 2 you mean, had'nt thought of that, would be convenient for them though.

IWasThere2016
19-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I hear he's put a wager on that he's guilty

CropleyWasGod
19-08-2013, 07:00 PM
without a doubt

WHOOSH?:greengrin

Kato
19-08-2013, 07:08 PM

He needs slapped across the coupon (his pus intended)

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2013, 07:38 PM
He was making a fortune betting on himself to get sent off. All was going to plan until he failed to land a monster gamble in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final.

macca70
19-08-2013, 07:48 PM
During his time not getting paid at Hearts his Decorating business was going well until this:

A woman answered the knock at her door and found Ian Black. He wanted to earn money by doing odd jobs, so she asked, "Can you paint?"

"Yes," he said, "I'm a pretty good painter."

"Well, here's a gallon of green paint and a brush. Go behind the house and you'll see a porch that needs repainting. Be very careful. When you are done, I'll look it over and pay you what it's worth."

It wasn't more than an hour before Ian knocked again. "All finished!" he reported with a smile.

"Did you do a good job?" she asked.

"Yes, but lady, there's one thing I'd like to point out to you. That's not a Porsche back there. That's a Mercedes."

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23753989

If this was not a sevco player and the SFA, things could be bad for him?

macca70
19-08-2013, 08:24 PM
The Police were involved when Jennings was involved in folk betting on him to be sent off, funnily enough he got sent off in the game that the bets were placed.

hibbymick
19-08-2013, 08:31 PM
How would they get all the evidence for this gambling mullarkey ? has someone snitched ?

macca70
19-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Some of this could relate to when he was at Hearts as goes back to 2006.

Off the bar
19-08-2013, 09:26 PM
How would they get all the evidence for this gambling mullarkey ? has someone snitched ?

maybe someone at ibrox found out, grasses him up, they can sack him for gross misconduct, get a big wage for a **** player off the books.

YehButNoBut
19-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Some of this could relate to when he was at Hearts as goes back to 2006.

Goes back to his time at Inverness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23761230

Rangers midfielder Ian Black has been issued with a notice of complaint by the Scottish Football Association for allegedly betting on matches.

It is alleged Black bet against his "then registered club" three times between March 4, 2006 and July 28, 2013.

A Rangers spokesperson said: "The club is aware of the SFA's notice of complaint and are currently investigating the matter."

Black has until 26 August to respond.

The former Hearts and Inverness CT midfielder has also been charged with breaching the SFA's disciplinary rule 22 by "betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then registered club".

Disciplinary Rule 22 has been allegedly breached by:

* Betting on three football matches on then-registered club not to win.

* Betting on a further 10 football matches that involved then-registered club.

* Betting on a further 147 football matches.

The SFA's Disciplinary Rules 23 states: "No club, official, team official, other member of team staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall knowingly behave in a manner, during or in connection with a match in which the party has participated or has any influence, either direct or indirect, which could give rise to an event in which they or any third party benefits financially through betting."

Black moved to Ibrox in July 2012 after his contract at Hearts expired. He joined Inverness in 2004 and spent five seasons with the Highland club before joining the Tynecastle outfit.

A hearing has been set for Thursday 12 September.

Hibby70
19-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Might stick a ladbrokes slip through his door tomorrow.

hibees 7062
19-08-2013, 10:08 PM

:thumbsup::agree::agree::agree::thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
19-08-2013, 10:10 PM

:top marks if you do!

Jonnyboy
19-08-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6d8eKvegLI

mikethehibee69
19-08-2013, 11:05 PM
:taxi
During his time not getting paid at Hearts his Decorating business was going well until this:

A woman answered the knock at her door and found Ian Black. He wanted to earn money by doing odd jobs, so she asked, "Can you paint?"

"Yes," he said, "I'm a pretty good painter."

"Well, here's a gallon of green paint and a brush. Go behind the house and you'll see a porch that needs repainting. Be very careful. When you are done, I'll look it over and pay you what it's worth."

It wasn't more than an hour before Ian knocked again. "All finished!" he reported with a smile.

"Did you do a good job?" she asked.

"Yes, but lady, there's one thing I'd like to point out to you. That's not a Porsche back there. That's a Mercedes."

JOD
20-08-2013, 01:51 AM
The three teams he bet against while playing for them was ICT-TARTS-HUNS2-. It carries maximum £1,000,000. fine superb. :cb Apparently.

Brightside
20-08-2013, 07:31 AM
It says that any registered player in the SFA cannot bet on ANY game of football in the WORLD. I reckon about 50% of players are breaking that rule?

StevieC
20-08-2013, 07:41 AM
It says that any registered player in the SFA cannot bet on ANY game of football in the WORLD. I reckon about 50% of players are breaking that rule?

I reckon the vast majority of that 50% are smart enough to be getting their friends to break the rules for them. :wink:

Treadstone
20-08-2013, 07:54 AM

Electronic trail. Very sophisticated these days. Tabs kept on everyone/everything. Say you done a coupon every week and put East Fife in, to win or lose, and got it right quite often, this would get flagged up. Then someone would manually check and look for a pattern. They would draw a conclusion, possibly saying "he's a tenner a week guy sticks to Scottish teams probably just keeps an eye on East Fife. Nothing to see here."

Or could be "punter does a £200 treble every so often East Fife to win/lose and throws in a couple of bankers (Man U, Barca, Real M) check history for suspicious betting patterns". Make people aware further up the chain.

Bookies will also use this for their own odds compiling. Say they spot someone doing well on English non league football every week. They will flag up the account and look at their bets and see if they have made an error compiling their odds with what a shrewd punter has bet.

Brightside
20-08-2013, 08:03 AM
I reckon the vast majority of that 50% are smart enough to be getting their friends to break the rules for them. :wink:

Not really - most of them announce it on twitter!! Plenty Hibs players bet on fitba.

Treadstone
20-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Not really - most of them announce it on twitter!! Plenty Hibs players bet on fitba.

:agree:
The photo of the transaction is always priceless. Reference number et al.

Draconian rule in my opinion though. Don't bet in your division should be more than enough.

ballengeich
20-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Surely all Black has to do is refuse to talk to any investigators and he'll be found not guilty. It worked for Green and Whyte when Pinsent Masons looked into their alleged collusion.

CyberSauzee
20-08-2013, 09:16 AM

:agree:

Surely all Black has to do is refuse to talk to any investigators and he'll be found not guilty. It worked for Green and Whyte when Pinsent Masons looked into their alleged collusion.

A few years ago Betfair were the first firm to have memoranda of understanding with various sports authorities. This has been extended to nearly all major high street bookmakers IIRC. Basically that any suspicious activity will be reported. It's a two way thing, so sporting bodies can ask the betting companies if they believe one of their participants is up to know good.

If Black has left an electronic trail then it's the duty of the organisation who has taken the bet to report it to the appropriate authority.

pacorosssco
20-08-2013, 10:08 AM

and wipe you arse with it first:wink:

I expect him to paint over the facts:greengrin

Back to Hearts to paint and play for free

Hibiza
20-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Blackie, bet u only use 2 costs when pricing for 3. thats a 1/16 shot:flag:

pacorosssco
20-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Remember hearing a 'alleged' story about Andy Goram running up 10k debt in bookies in borders. Called his agent to come with cash who on arrival was furious with him. Squared debt then seen maximum payout 1k notice on wall.

--------
20-08-2013, 12:28 PM

Our lot bet on themselves to win the 1991 League Cup, IIRC. Again IIRC what got them off was the fact that they bet on themselves to win which was a seen as a decent guarantee that they weren't throwing games. (Of course they might have been persuading the other teams to throw the games. Wouldn't put anything past Budgie...)

Maybe if the present team were told that the club had placed their week's wages with Ladbrokes on the them to win they might try a bit harder.

What should make things a lot nastier for Thug-face is that he bet on his own teams to lose - which suggests that he might very well be involved in making sure they lost.

The Accrington Stanley chairman has just been done in England for betting on matches (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23753989) - 21-month suspension and a £1,000 fine. Let's hope the SFA take a leaf out of the FA's book - actually, let's hope they take the whole freakin book and beat Thug-face to a pulp with it.

--------
20-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Betting on Hibs to LOSE????????????????????????? :rolleyes:

silverhibee
20-08-2013, 01:40 PM

:agree: :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
20-08-2013, 02:38 PM
160 matches over a 7 year period? Pfft, amateur, I've bet on 160 matches in a weekend I think. Penniless.

dp00
21-08-2013, 07:20 AM
I just find it funny that there moaning about players betting and william Hill sponsor the scottish cup

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Killiehibbie
21-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Bookies will also use this for their own odds compiling. Say they spot someone doing well on English non league football every week. They will flag up the account and look at their bets and see if they have made an error compiling their odds with what a shrewd punter has bet.You forgot to add after they restrict the shrewdie to pennies on every bet.

Treadstone
21-08-2013, 07:54 AM
You forgot to add after they restrict the shrewdie to pennies on every bet.

Betfair! As long as you're above board you can do what you want.
High street bookies feel they have to beat EVERY punter.

Killiehibbie
21-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Betfair! As long as you're above board you can do what you want.
High street bookies feel they have to beat EVERY punter.Liquidity not there on lower league stuff. More money appears as value disappears.

Treadstone
21-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Liquidity not there on lower league stuff. More money appears as value disappears.

Liquidity on non mainstream markets is a problem same as high street bookies. Try and put a ton on a non league team to win to nil, -1 etc you might get a tenner on at the price and the rest at significantly reduced odds.