PDA

View Full Version : 4-4-2 or 4-5-1

Chump
19-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Forgetting the personnel for the minute what do we feel is the best set up for a consistent run given the type of game PF plays?

My gut feeling is a 4-4-2 for the simple reason that if you are going to miss out the midfield you may as well only take out 4 instead instead of 5!! Quite a crude theory but a 4-5-1 has one target man and I've yet to see a decent one since the days of big Mixu or Brewster so possession will just go straight back to opposition. If it sticks make sure we have one man (SR or LC) to try and feed off the forwards.

I'd love to think it would be a 4-4-2 for a more positive reason i.e. width, crosses, fluid passing etc but canny lie to myself!!

Brightside
19-08-2013, 03:34 PM
We should be playing 4-2-3-1. If Fenlon needs to figure out how to play it show him the Chelsea game from the weekend. Attack as a unit - defend as a unit. The crazy thing is we have the ideal players for it.

Brightside
19-08-2013, 03:53 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/18/chelsea-jose-mourinho-tactics-hull

Chump
19-08-2013, 04:06 PM
We should be playing 4-2-3-1. If Fenlon needs to figure out how to play it show him the Chelsea game from the weekend. Attack as a unit - defend as a unit. The crazy thing is we have the ideal players for it.

With 1 up front you are relying on midfielders pitching in - unless PF changes things and allows SR and LC to be more offensive then I can't see us scoring many.....that said I can't see us scoring many with Vine and Collins as it stands

Can't beleive Vine has been involved in transfers in excess of £4m btw :confused:

Leighonel
19-08-2013, 04:14 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/18/chelsea-jose-mourinho-tactics-hull

Good article, cheers.

Brightside
19-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Good article, cheers.

That guy is a must read every week.

As for how we would play it...

Willaims

RB Forster Hanlon McGivern
Taiwo Thomson
Handling Craig Stanton
Collins

and we have plenty on the bench to swap around as required.

down-the-slope
19-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Exactly how we started on Saturday - flaw being Vine and Craig were Keech....

But it is how we should be playing until / unless we have out and out winger with pace

PISTOL1875
19-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Exactly how we started on Saturday - flaw being Vine and Craig were Keech....

But it is how we should be playing until / unless we have out and out winger with pace

Exactly.. The midfield 3 behind the front man should be getting forward as much as possible to help the forward.. The FB's push up as well and the 2 sit in front of the back 4..

Hibercelona
19-08-2013, 05:12 PM
3-5-2

Just ******* go for it! :cb

erin go bragh
19-08-2013, 05:19 PM
3-2-5 then when we hoof it past the midfield !! 8->

Ggtth

Hibercelona
19-08-2013, 05:35 PM
.......................GK.......................
.........RB..........CB..........LB.........
...............RDM........LDM..............
....RW..............CM.............LW....
.................RF............LF...............

Too ambitious?

DH1875
19-08-2013, 07:56 PM

:agree::agree::agree::top marks

Wheat Hound
19-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Going by the theme of the Guardian article, how about a middle three of

Craig Taiwo Robertson

with Craig and Robertson being allowed to push forward and Taiwo dropping back, given he has the requisite energy levels imo. Ahead of them Handling and Stanton (Harris when fit) supporting Collins, playing more centrally and closer together than as wide players or wingers.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2013, 08:30 PM
A midfield three of Owen Tudor Jones.