PDA

View Full Version : Inverness Related Questions

HibeeHutch
18-08-2013, 09:42 PM
1. Butcher - Have we even considered him during our multi-manager hunt over the past 2-3 seasons?! If not why not...

2. Billy McKay - Have we even considered bidding for this striker?! If not why not...

3. OTD - Why did we sign him if he's not going to play?! Why was he not playing yesterday...

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 09:45 PM
1. Butcher - Have we even considered him during our multi-manager hunt over the past 2-3 seasons?! If not why not...

2. Billy McKay - Have we even considered bidding for this striker?! If not why not...

3. OTD - Why did we sign him if he's not going to play?! Why was he not playing yesterday...He cannae play all 20 midfielders he's signed at the same time in the same game. :dunno:

Sweet Left Peg
18-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I did wonder if £200k would have got Billy McKay. It seems strange to think we were bidding for Taylor and got Collins, yet no mention of trying to sign McKay. Maybe we enquired and were told to beat it, who knows?

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 09:56 PM

3. OTD - Why did we sign him if he's not going to play?! Why was he not playing yesterday...

1. Don't know.

2. Probably not because we have just spent £200,000 on a replacement for Leigh

3. Because he looked pish in his last game and we have that many midfielders

hibee19
18-08-2013, 10:42 PM
We made a serious bid for Leigh apparently, the number I heard was 750K. If thats true, and if that money has been made available there probably aren't many better players we could try to sign than Billy McKay.

leither17
18-08-2013, 10:50 PM
We made a serious bid for Leigh apparently, the number I heard was 750K. If thats true, and if that money has been made available there probably aren't many better players we could try to sign than Billy McKay.

Why would McKay come to us?

Bristolhibby
18-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Why would McKay come to us?

He likes a relegation scrap?

Enjoys booing fans?

greenlex
18-08-2013, 11:32 PM

You could write that every year about t a player from another club scoring goals and another manager doing well. I believe last year it was Higdon and Mc Coll. I can't really remember who it was the season before..
One of thee seasons it will be our turn again.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Butcher is building something at Inverness & trying to push them for European qualification. I like his approach of we go out with the belief that we can win games. Perhaps RP is scared that Butcher will demand a decent wage & transfer budget.

Maybe McKay is holding out for a move into the championship in England if he keeps up his current form. I'd have taken him anyday over Collins as so far, hard to see why we've paid our £200k for him.

OTJ in the games which he's played for us hasn't looked the player he was whilst at Inverness. Being dropped may make him realise he has to work harder to get in the starting 11 week after week.

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 11:47 PM

1) Maybe we have, but he just isn't daft enough to come here?

2) I don't know. But i'm sure we'd do our best to make him look like garbage. We'd probably play him at right back.

3) Pat Fenlon

PeterboroHibee
19-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Butchers stock has risen so high in the last 2 years, theres no way he would come to Hibs - I get the impression he sees ICT as a long term project and would only leave if it was a top move for him. We may well have spoken to him and he refused us straight away.

I agree with the other points though, I dont understand the Collins signing as I dont think he fits in to the (slightly prehistoric) style of play, where someone more mobile would have seemed like a much more sensible choice in my opinion. I was also happy with the OTJ signing, and I still think he could be a good, important player for us, but we are overloaded with central midfielders - we started with 4 guys at the weekend who can play CM, with another 3 on the bench (I know Stanton is a bit more flexible than that but he seems a central player), yet we still have no pace or genuine creativity in the team.