PDA

View Full Version : NHC Arsenal fan going nuts at the board

Number69
18-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Although I'm putting this as NHC, it just makes me think about our situations and how frustrated we have been for so long.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606079772777032

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Although I'm putting this as NHC, it just makes me think about our situations and how frustrated we have been for so long.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=606079772777032

He should come and watch Hibs, then he would have something to moan about. :greengrin

lord bunberry
18-08-2013, 12:25 PM
We need to start hibs fans tv

Waxy
18-08-2013, 12:28 PM
We think we've a manager problem?
Imagine being a gooner.
They've been the biggest coupon busters for years now and Wenger has been manager for around 50 years.
Or at least it seems like that.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Right from the heart, i'd imagine much the same and even worse would happen if that camera was at Easter Road recently.

HibbySpurs
18-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I agree with the op but must admit that the rant cheered me up no end!!!!!

Sylar
18-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Poor Gunners fans :rolleyes:

They really don't know they're ****ing born and are complaining because they're not spending millions of pounds on a player.

Such is the artificial construct of the Barclays Premier League - try supporting a club who don't have that kind of money and can't throw money at solving their problems. Try watching a club who don't have the option to rest their top rated player because he's had to play 2 games in a week and do a bit of travelling. Try watching a club who aren't regularly in contention for European Football and who don't have that luxury income of televised revenue and European revenue to sign multimillion pound players.

He goes on about spending money and competing at the top as if it's all taken for granted and some form of entitlement.

He should try supporting a real football team who don't play on a weekly basis in some fantasy league such as the EPL.

God Petrie
18-08-2013, 01:11 PM

They really don't know they're ****ing born and are complaining because they're not spending millions of pounds on a player.

Such is the artificial construct of the Barclays Premier League - try supporting a club who don't have that kind of money and can't throw money at solving their problems. Try watching a club who don't have the option to rest their top rated player because he's had to play 2 games in a week and do a bit of travelling. Try watching a club who aren't regularly in contention for European Football and who don't have that luxury income of televised revenue and European revenue to sign multimillion pound players.

He goes on about spending money and competing at the top as if it's all taken for granted and some form of entitlement.

He should try supporting a real football team who don't play on a weekly basis in some fantasy league such as the EPL.

Sorry this is drivel - he's a fan and his club are underachieving based on their potential. Just because he supports a bigger club doesn't bar him from criticising mismanagement of his club.

Criticise the set up of leagues that encourage overspending but not genuine local fans like this.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Thats not really an option for most of us though is it? He looks to be late 50s, someone who's supported Arsenal for a very long time.

I can't argue with him wanting the best for the team he supports, especially when it appears they have the money to compete now, irrespective of where its come from or artificially constructed through the EPL sponsorship.

That man is hurting because he can see his club slipping further behind clubs they should be up challenging.

Pretty much similar to Hibs in Scotland.

brian6-2
18-08-2013, 01:19 PM

what a belter of a statement that is.

LeithBoozy
18-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I read a report that some hibby had a right go at Petrie, when UTD scored yesterday. I hope the guy did not miss him. :rolleyes:

Sylar
18-08-2013, 01:37 PM
what a belter of a statement that is.

Cheers - it was deplorably articulated and doesn't actually convey what I was trying to say but regardless...:greengrin

Arsenal have a multimillion pound squad which most football fans would be delighted to watch on a regular basis. They have an outstanding youth setup, superb facilities for the supporter matchday experience, are regularly challenging/playing at the top of the Premiership and in Europe and their fans are still moaning...

Perhaps all I mean is "I wish we had his problem".

brian6-2
18-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Cheers - it was deplorably articulated and doesn't actually convey what I was trying to say but regardless...:greengrin

Arsenal have a multimillion pound squad which most football fans would be delighted to watch on a regular basis. They have an outstanding youth setup, superb facilities for the supporter matchday experience, are regularly challenging/playing at the top of the Premiership and in Europe and their fans are still moaning...

It certainly would be a nice problem to moan about.

But arsenal for all they have still arent doing so well and havent won anything for ages so naturaly the fans will have a go, arsenal and any club on the planet will have a fanbase packed with ordinary guys like us who just want to see them do well. doesnt matter what league they are in, how much cash they have or who owns them its football, and thats why we love it.

But it is a different world down there, my english team are man city (before they were rich :wink:) and i go down now and again to see them and when you sit with the guys who watch them week in week out and they are calling 20 million pound fernandinho a panic buy it does make you think, but then again, these are guys that stuck by there club through thick and thin, like we do. :aok:

God Petrie
18-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Hibs have won a trophy more recently than Arsenal.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 03:16 PM

Maybe a team in Scotland League One?

Bishop Hibee
18-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Hibs have won a trophy more recently than Arsenal.

Class! I got a slagging from Geordies and Mackems when I lived in Co Durham about mickey mouse league etc but they shut up when asked if they'd seen there team lift a trophy.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 03:27 PM
He's in panic mode as Spurs are starting to overtake them!

The Emirates is a nice stadium & all that but Arsenal have probably been sensible in that paying silly money for players could actually jeopardise their financial position in the long run. It wasn't long ago Wenger said the club were still paying for their ground.

Im sure guys down there supporting Barnet, Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge will have their views on his comments as well.

Bobby's Cinema
18-08-2013, 03:32 PM
"What's going on at this club."

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2013, 03:34 PM

E Stirling fans probably think the same about us, the boy isnae wrong!

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 03:37 PM

The Emirates is a nice stadium & all that but Arsenal have probably been sensible in that paying silly money for players could actually jeopardise their financial position in the long run. It wasn't long ago Wenger said the club were still paying for their ground.

Im sure guys down there supporting Barnet, Orient, Dagenham & Redbridge will have their views on his comments as well.

I dont understand that at all?

When have those clubs ever gone a whole season in the premiership unbeaten, or won cups and leagues as regularly as Arsenal did?

Its a fan asking what's going on, when they have actually come out and said they have a lot of money to spend, and spent nowt.

Could it have been a lot of bull, and just to sell more season tickets?

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Dinnae be daft.
Arsenal kept Barnet afloat for years through pre-season friendlies and using Underhill for reserve games and refusing to sell them Graham Stack. Leyton Orient have a chancer at the helm who cant wait to make the Olympic Stadium his cash cow and D&R have been in the league for about 10 minutes.

'Spurs'? They're always trying to overtake Arsenal. Not very good at it though.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Dinnae be daft.
Arsenal kept Barnet afloat for years through pre-season friendlies and using Underhill for reserve games and refusing to sell them Graham Stack. Leyton Orient have a chancer at the helm who cant wait to make the Olympic Stadium his cash cow and D&R have been in the league for about 10 minutes.

:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2013, 04:28 PM
I agree with him. Very similar situation to us in the sense that they've put so much money into building one of the best stadiums in the country only to watch their team go totally backwards on the pitch.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Well done that man, I don't know how supporters of any team regardless of who they are can slag of a real supporter for speaking from the heart and being so passionate about his club. :top marks

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Didnt even need to read the rant.

His club operate in their environment as we do in ours. His teams competition is Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd. Ours is Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd. His club needs to spend million upon million to keep in touch. Our club needs to pay better wages and spend a wee bit more on transfers.

The quality of football might be different and money divide huge. But the hurt is the same if your club aint doing what it should be capable of.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I agree with him. Very similar situation to us in the sense that they've put so much money into building one of the best stadiums in the country only to watch their team go totally backwards on the pitch.

I was lucky enough to be at Highbury on a few occasions, but I would swap that and stick big sharp pins in my boaby in exchange for Hibs going backwards over the past say, 30 years, in the manner that Arsenal have.
Totally.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 07:31 PM
None of the clubs I mentioned have been near the premiership. Where I was coming from was they'll be thinking that Arsenal are a PL club with fantastic stadium & a squad that can still make top 6 in England while for them, league survival or reaching at best, league 1 or championship is the best they can hope for yet a Gunner is whining because the club isnt splashing the cash. I work with a guy who supports AFC Wimbledon who takes the view that while Arsenal may not be winning trophies, they're not as exactly struggling either. Perhaps they've had expectations built up from the years that they got tagged invincibles.

Wenger though has been asked a number of times by the media about transfer policy at Arsenal & he seems to have the view that he won't allow the club to be held to ransom on players that he doesn't think are worth the money quoted. Wenger does seem to have a knack at finding unknowns who seem to adapt to the PL easily.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 07:45 PM
None of the clubs I mentioned have been near the premiership. Where I was coming from was they'll be thinking that Arsenal are a PL club with fantastic stadium & a squad that can still make top 6 in England while for them, league survival or reaching at best, league 1 or championship is the best they can hope for yet a Gunner is whining because the club isnt splashing the cash. I work with a guy who supports AFC Wimbledon who takes the view that while Arsenal may not be winning trophies, they're not as exactly struggling either. Perhaps they've had expectations built up from the years that they got tagged invincibles.

Wenger though has been asked a number of times by the media about transfer policy at Arsenal & he seems to have the view that he won't allow the club to be held to ransom on players that he doesn't think are worth the money quoted. Wenger does seem to have a knack at finding unknowns who seem to adapt to the PL easily.

Of course it's all about expectation, the same for fans of every club.

Holmesdale Hibs
18-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I don't know who's who on the Arsenal board but based purely on the team's decline over the last few years, I think he's entitled to have a moan and probably has a point. Over the last few years, they've sold every player they've had that's been close to world class and replaced them with unknowns. If I was an Araenal fan, I'd be moaning as well and they'll if it continues like this they won't be in the champions league and the downward spiral continues.

I also don't have a problem about EPL fans having a good moan. He sounds like he's from down south, obviously goes to the games and has probably supported Arsenal for a long time. Most people don't chose their football team, it's down to where you're from and who your family support (mainly, anyway) so the fact he supports a better team than we do is most likely luck of the draw.

God Petrie
18-08-2013, 07:48 PM

By this logic every single fan of big clubs (I'm talking about the real fans - not the Asians or Americans who "support" premiership clubs) are excluded from concern about their club because they have a nice stadium and are in a big league. In fact why don't they just put out a team that will dodge along and stay in the league since no results or performances in big leagues matter.

What absolute pish. There are many things to criticise about EPL clubs but genuine supporters voicing passionate concern about their team underachieving isn't one of them.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Most of your post is fair, but the Gunners only got tagged as 'Invincibles' once, That was the year that no-one beat them in a League season. The tag is justified. And Wenger did this on a comparatively low budget with a squad of players that were simply outstanding. And unequalled since Hibs gave their predecessors, Preston NE, a good doing in 1887 or so.

Bergkamp
Henry
Viera
Ljunberg
Pires
Gilberto
Cole

Throw in the likes of Jens Lehmann and big Sol and think that before this they had the likes of Seaman, Petit, Wright, Adams and a back four that lost nowt.......no wonder they have big expectations.

judas
18-08-2013, 08:11 PM

The fans are still moaning yes, because Arsenal are underachieving. The club has a winning pedigree and this become woven into the psychology of their fans.

Contrast that with Hibs. We currently have a 'fan'base, 25% of whom think underachievement and unprecedented humiliation should be endorsed with the support of a muppet manager. Someone suggests a demonstration against the position, and the fans pooh themselves en masse.

weonlywon6-2
18-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Arsenal are the biggest london club and have had some success.they now see chelsea more so lifting trophy after trophy.tottenham are strong as well whilst arsenal stand still and wont spend the money.
No wonder he is angry

HibbySpurs
18-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Dinnae be daft.

Agree with the first bit to be fair.

The last bit, well we'll see. Humped at home off Villa.... Good start.....

Stringer
18-08-2013, 08:54 PM
If they lose the CL qualifier, Wenger will get the Steve Kean treatment

hfc rd
18-08-2013, 09:37 PM
If they lose the CL qualifier, Wenger will get the Steve Kean treatment

Wouldn't be surprised if he was handed his P45, if they didn't make the group stages.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Wenger out Fenlon in!

johnrebus
18-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Thing is, I don't think Arsenal are that far away from seriously challenging the big three down there.

They need a couple of truly world class additions, but the owners just will not recognise the amount of money that they have to pay to get hold of these top players.

Suarez is an arse, but he will score goals anywhere - but will Arsenal up there £40m bid? Probably not. (And there is as much chance of Wayne Rooney going there, as there is of him ending up at ER.)

Even more embarrassing is the Higuain fiasco, or the midfielder guy last week who decided to join Wolfsburg instead.

Mind you, wish we had their problems..........,

:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Thing is, I don't think Arsenal are that far away from seriously challenging the big three down there.

They need a couple of truly world class additions, but the owners just will not recognise the amount of money that they have to pay to get hold of these top players.

Suarez is an arse, but he will score goals anywhere - but will Arsenal up there £40m bid? Probably not. (And there is as much chance of Wayne Rooney going there, as there is of him ending up at ER.)

Even more embarrassing is the Higuain fiasco, or the midfielder guy last week who decided to join Wolfsburg instead.

Mind you, wish we had their problems..........,

:rolleyes:

I disagree, i think their defence is very poor, both full backs are average and the centre of it average too. Midfield has a couple of very good players but up front they are poor in relation to the teams they want to challenge.

I cant see them making the top 4 this season.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 11:23 PM
If Arsenal lose this CL qualifier & continue to struggle with results in the PL with Wenger not strengthening, he may find himself out of a job. One of the Sunday papers has him as saying along the lines of you want me to spend but you don't tell me who I should buy. I'd have thought he'd know which positions need strengthening & go from there.

Rumours are Arsenal being linked with Michu from Swansea at £22m & Rooney/Suarez keep popping up but as Blackpool Hibs points out, defensively they look weak and I think they have done for some time. While they are good to watch from an attacking perspective, they shoot themselves in the foot with silly defensive mistakes which costs them points.

IWasThere2016
19-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Wenger out Fenlon in!

Source?

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Wenger out Fenlon in!

A straight swap would suit everybody :cb

mmmmhibby
19-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Wonder how much money Wenger has spent on French Duds? His policy of signing mostly French league based players backfired, he should've bought young Spanish players. Cazorla being an prime example of value for money in the EPL. Got family who are Arsenal fans and they want Wenger out.

Scouse Hibee
19-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Wonder how much money Wenger has spent on French Duds? His policy of signing mostly French league based players backfired, he should've bought young Spanish players. Cazorla being an prime example of value for money in the EPL. Got family who are Arsenal fans and they want Wenger out.

Emmanuel Petit
Patrick Vieira
Nicolas Anelka
Thierry Henry
Robert Pires
Sylvain Wiltord
Gael Clichy
Mathieu Flamini
William Gallas
Abou Diaby
Bacary Sagna
Samir Nasri
Mikael Silvestre
Laurent Koscielny
Sebastien Squillaci

Like these duds you mean?

mmmmhibby
19-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Emmanuel Petit
Patrick Vieira
Nicolas Anelka
Thierry Henry
Robert Pires
Sylvain Wiltord
Gael Clichy
Mathieu Flamini
William Gallas
Abou Diaby
Bacary Sagna
Samir Nasri
Mikael Silvestre
Laurent Koscielny
Sebastien Squillaci

am talking about recent signings over the last few years when arsenal have been trophy-less. more recent signings like Giroud(11m) Gervinho(11m), Koscielny(10m), Squillaci(4m), Sagna(6m) and Diarra(4m) has been bad business by Wenger. Club that money together and they could've signed two big names.

Iggy Pope
19-08-2013, 08:54 PM
am talking about recent signings over the last few years when arsenal have been trophy-less. more recent signings like Giroud(11m) Gervinho(11m), Koscielny(10m), Squillaci(4m), Sagna(6m) and Diarra(4m) has been bad business by Wenger. Club that money toghether and they could've signed two big names.

French?

mmmmhibby
19-08-2013, 09:00 PM
French?

OK then, French League players.

The Modfather
19-08-2013, 09:05 PM
am talking about recent signings over the last few years when arsenal have been trophy-less. more recent signings like Giroud(11m) Gervinho(11m), Koscielny(10m), Squillaci(4m), Sagna(6m) and Diarra(4m) has been bad business by Wenger. Club that money together and they could've signed two big names.

Giroud has been good business for 11m, just because he isn't RVP doesn't make him a dud. Koscielny was excellent last season and Sagna has been a bargain for 6m. Granted he's not been great for a season or two now, but before the 2 leg breaks he was the best RB in the premiership.

lapsedhibee
19-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Koscielny and Sagna haven't been duds.

hfc rd
19-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Emmanuel Petit
Patrick Vieira
Nicolas Anelka
Thierry Henry
Robert Pires
Sylvain Wiltord
Gael Clichy
Mathieu Flamini
William Gallas
Abou Diaby
Bacary Sagna
Samir Nasri
Mikael Silvestre
Laurent Koscielny
Sebastien Squillaci

Squillaci is a dud. But the rest are not.

jamieross
20-08-2013, 01:08 AM

Would hardly have said these 3 were duds. Giroud gets seen as a dud simply because hes filled RVPs boots. Koscielny was hardly garbage when they put that run together last season as well as before his injury. Sagna has been one of the best, if not, the best RB in the EPL. Guys broke his leg twice in the last 18 or so months, something like that will surely affect his performances.
Of the others Gervinho was quality for Lille when they won the league season before he joined Aresenal, Squillaci was a vastly experienced player which they needed at the time. There was far worse signings than this lot that could have been mentioned haha.

Iggy Pope
21-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Just a wee....*bump

Looks like the Champions League again much to the disgust of everyone north of N5
Surrender fries anyone?
:faf::faf:

Iggy Pope
01-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Agree with the first bit to be fair.

The last bit, well we'll see. Humped at home off Villa.... Good start.....

Aye aye;-)