PDA

View Full Version : So what is this Lets Work Together (LWT)?

Jack
18-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out a wee bit here and tell you guys what I think the LWT is. Other folk involved can add or disagree as they see fit, which is pretty much how it works - always adding and discussing how we can help Hiberian FC.

I was in at the start of this as previous stuff has morphed from one thing to another to this. I'm a Hibs slag in that I'll do almost anything for my club. :-)

The make up of LWT isn't essentially a representational thing although there are reps from Hibs places. It is more about the skills supporters have and are willing to give to our club in a practical and advisory way.

The work taken on by LWT is mostly project or ideas based, I'll leave others to come along at a later date with a report which outlines the work of the past year and it successes.

Can I just say at this point I am supposed to be writing wee articles type stuff letting all you folks know the results of the survey LWT did and I most humbly apologise for the tardiness of this but like others I have a life as well.

We are developing a website just now which will let you all know what we're up to and perhaps remove some of the suspicion some seem to have.

In my opinion we have never sought to represent the Hibs support and we are not a vehicle to push for change in how the club is run. That's not to say some of us haven't used the opportunity of being in the same room as the people who run our club to ask WTF is going on. But I'd liken that to speaking to Rod BTG.

Anyone is welcome to join LWT to work with us or even just for a wee neb.

Jack
18-08-2013, 10:18 AM
That push for change isn't quite right because everything we do will change the club, hopefully for the better. You know what I mean :-)

Northernhibee
18-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I think we should get rid of the two game delay between a player signing for Hibs and being demolished by the boo boys by having all new signing press conferences being conducted by a couple of Jambos, the teachers that they gave a hard time and all the ladies who consider that player to be crap in bed.

Benny Brazil
18-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks for this Jack - have to admit to being a bit naive about LWT and what they are doing.
Can you elaborate on the projects / ideas that are currently being worked on? Not in depth detail but some headlines, timescales etc?

lucky
18-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Jack, that's my understanding of LWT. But real question does all the attendees of LWT understand their role. It does appear some think they are the appointed voice of the support. We all want the best for Hibs but they must understand there is no room uber fans or egos of a few

Beefster
18-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I think we should get rid of the two game delay between a player signing for Hibs and being demolished by the boo boys by having all new signing press conferences being conducted by a couple of Jambos, the teachers that they gave a hard time and all the ladies who consider that player to be crap in bed.

Whilst I disagree with the boo-boys (I'm more a 'sit swearing under my breath' guy), they pay their money and attend the games. If you are that incensed at them, challenge them at the game.

Jack
18-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for this Jack - have to admit to being a bit naive about LWT and what they are doing.
Can you elaborate on the projects / ideas that are currently being worked on? Not in depth detail but some headlines, timescales etc?

There's a full report being written by a couple of folk which will go into the projects. Off the top of my head;

# the survey

# the Hibernian lotto

# phone round supporters last season about STs

# a thing around the whole ethos of the club called Winning the Hibernian Way.

# the managers fund which became Leith Links

# club imaging around the stadium, like the crest on the West.

# advise given on new computer systems being considered by the club

There's more and I apologise to those involved in the other projects and stuff not mentioned.

Jack
18-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Jack, that's my understanding of LWT. But real question does all the attendees of LWT understand their role. It does appear some think they are the appointed voice of the support. We all want the best for Hibs but they must understand there is no room uber fans or egos of a few

Yes I think they do, more certainly now, although I think recent events were a series of misunderstandings within the club, LWT and the wider support. I hope this discussion will address some of these concerns.