PDA

View Full Version : Similar style of fundraising as hertz !! For new players

Kevster81
18-08-2013, 08:53 AM
With times hard and hibs fallen to another new low and the feeling that Petrie will never change his tight ways I can't help think why can't we as fans work with the club to have a similar fundraising system to fund new players if they horrible yams can raise million of pounds raking there buckets why couldn't we as fans build to the future of our beloved club and make history !!!

18-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Hibs lottery, kicks for kids, the leith links. There's already ways that fans can invest/donate money to hibs. They maybe just need a bit more promotion.

I agree with you BTW, I think that we're gonna have to do something ourselves to get more money in to the managers hand for wages/fees for players, but I think it's a bad time to be asking fans to dip further into their pockets. Especially when you look a sides like St J, Motherwell, Inverness on a smaller budget, but playing better than us.

clerriehibs
18-08-2013, 09:25 AM
With times hard and hibs fallen to another new low and the feeling that Petrie will never change his tight ways I can't help think why can't we as fans work with the club to have a similar fundraising system to fund new players if they horrible yams can raise million of pounds raking there buckets why couldn't we as fans build to the future of our beloved club and make history !!!

Ah, I thought you meant not paying a single bill, cheating everyone, then pulling the old into admin trick.

brydekirk
18-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Maybe we should start a fund to pay for a proper Manager !!

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 11:09 AM
I'd rather we raised funds the way Inverness or Motherwell do. It seems to work for them? Although the way we are going, that could well be the case very soon.

R'Albin
18-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Doesn't matter anyway. We could have the Barca side at our disposal and Fenlon wouldn't have a clue what to do with them.

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe we should start a fund to pay for a proper Manager !!You'd still need tae have somebody capable of appointing one!

BH Hibs
18-08-2013, 11:49 AM
We could have all the money in the world but we need someone who knows what he's doing to spend it well. At the moment I wouldn't give Fenlon one more penny to waste

Dunderhall
18-08-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd rather we raised funds the way Inverness or Motherwell do. It seems to work for them? Although the way we are going, that could well be the case very soon.
Keyboard worrier :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Keyboard worrier :wink:

:greengrin

Septimus
18-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Surely the way to raise funds is to attract supporters to ER. The problem seems to be that whatever we can afford is spent on unfit has beens. It is beyond me to understand who actually scouts players who arrive and contribute as little as Tudor Jones and Vine have done. These are supposed to be athletes with a physical ability to get fit and stay that way.

The potential to attract large crowds to ER is there. A successful Hibs team is long overdue but can it be assembled by Fenlon? I think not.

MADE IN LEITH
18-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Surely the way to raise funds is to attract supporters to ER. The problem seems to be that whatever we can afford is spent on unfit has beens. It is beyond me to understand who actually scouts players who arrive and contribute as little as Tudor Jones and Vine have done. These are supposed to be athletes with a physical ability to get fit and stay that way.

The potential to attract large crowds to ER is there. A successful Hibs team is long overdue but can it be assembled by Fenlon? I think not.

A successful Hibs Team is well overdue alright.

BH Hibs
18-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Yet again it's up to the fans to raise more money? We have backed the club to the hilt with season ticket sales and every other marketing scheme they throw at us maybe it's time for the board or owner to back the fans for a wee change

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Yet again it's up to the fans to raise more money? We have backed the club to the hilt with season ticket sales and every other marketing scheme they throw at us maybe it's time for the board or owner to back the fans for a wee change

I said this over a year ago, i said how much better would it be for morale and season ticket sales if the owner put the money he has to put in at the end of a season to prop up the loses in at the start, and we brought in decent quality then, rather than bringing in panic buys in January because we are struggling in another relegation battle?

Beefster
18-08-2013, 12:07 PM
You'd think that we were one of the poorer clubs in the league from the way some folk think that only more money will make us better.