PDA

View Full Version : Communication from Hibs

The Sea-gull
18-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Why is it so bad? With the fans and the media. There has been talk about how it will improve but all it seems to have been is talk. As alluded to on another thread it took them ages to confirm the appointment of Jimmy Nicol, still nothing on Liam o'briean and it took then ages to confirm Alan Maybury's role. I know a couple of people who work in the Scottish football media and they say it is well known and a running joke amoung the media guys that hibs are the worst communicaters in Scottish football. They all think hibs hold the media in far more contempt than any other club. And we sometimes wonder why we get a bit if a bashing from the media. There is an air of arrogance about the way we deal with the media and even our own fans at times. It is like the club lives in fear of a negative spin being put on any thing that happens or fears bring asked questions about anything.

Simkin911
18-08-2013, 07:40 AM
I agree a number of strange situations re communications but really the worst in Scottish football? Worse than teams with no full time staff etc? I'd find that surprising.

Waxy
18-08-2013, 07:45 AM
No wonder.
We are forever being bashed by the media.
It's us against the world.
Seems to have always been like this with Hibs.
Probably the reason we get jambos reffing our big games.

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2013, 07:51 AM
The communication from the club is dreadful, unless they are trying to flog something. The silence after poor results is also particularly evident (and quite embarrassing). In the age of social media, news travels particularly fast and it just doesnt seem like Hibs keep up.

The Sea-gull
18-08-2013, 07:53 AM
The communication from the club is dreadful, unless they are trying to flog something. The silence after poor results is also particularly evident (and quite embarrassing). In the age of social media, news travels particularly fast and it just doesnt seem like Hibs keep up.
Can't or won't keep up?

The Sea-gull
18-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I agree a number of strange situations re communications but really the worst in Scottish football? Worse than teams with no full time staff etc? I'd find that surprising.

Probably mean worse on the spl. They won't deal with other clubs as often.

marinello59
18-08-2013, 07:55 AM
It's hard to come to any conclusion other than Petrie and co regard the fans as an irritant who should only be consulted when they need something from us.

BT58
18-08-2013, 08:02 AM
Do Hibernian actually employ a PR person ????
Its only when they want cash that we hear from them
even the signing of JC was a mystery,, he had it on a social media well before HFC declared it
Surely in this day and age we need better dialogue between the fans and Hibernian
Bt

AlbertK86
18-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Not only do the board treat the media with contempt.

Us as fans are treated very shabbily

Responses from the board are few and far between. The only time you hear from them is when there is a window of opportunity to get yet more cash out of us EG .... Constantly pushing fans to buys STs to ensure cup final tickets.

I don't disagree that they use this as a marketing tool but my point is this is the only time we get any real communication from them.

Another example was that Last season recommended a player from youth football to them. I coach a youth team and this boy is the standout player in his position in the league. Each of the top teams IE Hutchy, Tynie and Leith all asked to sign him.

In 10 years of coaching he is the only the third I felt strongly enough to recommend.

On each occasion I got no response from Hibs other than the proforma reply that it was received.

The first two are now playing pro youth at Hearts

Nobody ever had the courtesy to even have a look at him or even respond.
I'm convinced this boy will make the grade but Hibs refusal to take a look will mean its elsewhere.

I have been a Hibby for over 40 years and feel the current board is the worst we have had in my lifetime.

Egotistical, aloof, arrogant and totally distanced from the fans

Jack
18-08-2013, 09:14 AM
I really don't know why the Scottish media seem to be in such a tizzy about Hibs as they seem only interested in bashing Hibs with a ****ty stick when they don't have morally corrupt clubs to brown nose.

Take our local rag as an example. Yeah we deserve a bit of a doing for the start we've had to the season but the vitriolic absuse is out of order.

On the other side there is a club that has stolen from their own in, among other things, the biggest fraud in the history of Scottish football, the share issue, callously allowed payments to charities to go unpaid; even their own charity has been shafted and what I find particularly galling is they still have the brass neck to have it on their TV backdrop.

Then there's international fraud and intrigue.

Their list of shame is almost endless.

How has been reported? Well it hasn't really has it?

Instead they are treated with the reverence normally associated with Saints to the extent of writing the front page and full page adverts at nominal rates, never mind the **** that allisbarry cones out with.

And then we have the Glasgow media and their gloss over therangers reporting.

Maybe if they were seen as being balanced Hibs would be more accommodating.

The Scottish media is a disgrace to its own industry/profession.

I agree Hibs could put up more through their own website.

Waxy
18-08-2013, 09:38 AM
I really don't know why the Scottish media seem to be in such a tizzy about Hibs as they seem only interested in bashing Hibs with a ****ty stick when they don't have morally corrupt clubs to brown nose.

Take our local rag as an example. Yeah we deserve a bit of a doing for the start we've had to the season but the vitriolic absuse is out of order.

On the other side there is a club that has stolen from their own in, among other things, the biggest fraud in the history of Scottish football, the share issue, callously allowed payments to charities to go unpaid; even their own charity has been shafted and what I find particularly galling is they still have the brass neck to have it on their TV backdrop.

Then there's international fraud and intrigue.

Their list of shame is almost endless.

How has been reported? Well it hasn't really has it?

Instead they are treated with the reverence normally associated with Saints to the extent of writing the front page and full page adverts at nominal rates, never mind the **** that allisbarry cones out with.

And then we have the Glasgow media and their gloss over therangers reporting.

Maybe if they were seen as being balanced Hibs would be more accommodating.

The Scottish media is a disgrace to its own industry/profession.

I agree Hibs could put up more through their own website.Agree totally with this.
maybe the reason as i said that hibs wont give the madia anything.
They don't deserve anything.
how is it that we get treated far worse than these thieving clubs by the media?

I'm behind Hibs here.It's us against the world.

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Agree totally with this.
maybe the reason as i said that hibs wont give the madia anything.
They don't deserve anything.
how is it that we get treated far worse than these thieving clubs by the media?

I'm behind Hibs here.It's us against the world.

I dont give a toss about other clubs, or what the media think of us. What I feel is lacking is direct communication from the club to the fans.

Waxy
18-08-2013, 09:45 AM
I dont give a toss about other clubs, or what the media think of us. What I feel is lacking is direct communication from the club to the fans.Yes .This could be much better.

Beefster
18-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Another symptom of no-one at Hibs being allowed to have a cup of coffee without running it by Rodders first IMHO.

Bristolhibby
18-08-2013, 10:11 AM
The German model is the solution.

A fans representative on the board.

51% of club shares owned by the fans.

The fans are the club. Without us the club dies.

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/anenglishmaningermany/archive/2009/11/30/50-1-adds-up-to-fan-involvement.aspx

J

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 10:46 AM
When 1 man has complete control of everything at the club, its no surprise to me we are looked down on by everyone and their dog in media circles.

When you see things like players fined for criticising the state of the pitch, when anyone with eyes could see it was no better than a ploughed field.

Or DJs sacked for playing the wrong record, is it any wonder our image is not the best?

Hibercelona
19-08-2013, 04:26 AM
All this nonsense about the media being anti-hibs and it being us against the world is nothing short of cringeworthy.

When the worlds against you, it's because you're drawing negative attention to yourself. Maybe thats something the club need to work on?

Jack
19-08-2013, 07:21 AM
All this nonsense about the media being anti-hibs and it being us against the world is nothing short of cringeworthy.

When the worlds against you, it's because you're drawing negative attention to yourself. Maybe thats something the club need to work on?

The Scottish media has over the last year shown itself to be morally corrupt as it stoutly defends the clubs and certain people who have brought shame on our game and country. Theft on a huge scale from their own support, from the country by way of tax evasion, charities and businesses. Almost £200 million in total by two clubs.

Behind the scenes, particularly at one of these clubs there has been money laundering and so many other dodgy things going on that their owner is the subject of an international arrest warrant.

The media is portraying these clubs as the saintly victims.

Meanwhile a well run club is going through a wee bad spell having lost a few games of football and we're the devil incarnate.

Maybe Hibs aren't providing enough of the right sauce with the succulent lamb.

Beefster
19-08-2013, 07:55 AM
The Scottish media has over the last year shown itself to be morally corrupt as it stoutly defends the clubs and certain people who have brought shame on our game and country. Theft on a huge scale from their own support, from the country by way of tax evasion, charities and businesses. Almost £200 million in total by two clubs.

Behind the scenes, particularly at one of these clubs there has been money laundering and so many other dodgy things going on that their owner is the subject of an international arrest warrant.

Meanwhile a well run club is going through a wee bad spell having lost a few games of football and we're the devil incarnate.

Maybe Hibs aren't providing enough of the right sauce with the succulent lamb.

I think this is what the club would have us believe in order to justify their silence but, in reality, is nonsense. When we're performing well, we get good press (they couldn't say enough nice things about us during Mowbray's tenure) and when we're woeful, the press ask questions about why we're poor. Rodders may not like it but the press are doing their job.

Waxy
19-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Well said jack

blackpoolhibs
19-08-2013, 08:38 AM
I think this is what the club would have us believe in order to justify their silence but, in reality, is nonsense. When we're performing well, we get good press (they couldn't say enough nice things about us during Mowbray's tenure) and when we're woeful, the press ask questions about why we're poor. Rodders may not like it but the press are doing their job.

I agree with most of what you say, but i'd take issue in the highlighted bit, they are doing some of their job, but they are also ignoring or have ignored some huge story's too in my opinion regarding sevco and the gimps.

And that has for me anyway thrown up one huge question, why?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Thing with communication at present with Hibs (and in the past over the piece) is whether folk believe it. Whilst its healthy to be skeptical it does beg the question what the management need to do to get things across in such a way that will satisfy the main part of the support?

I dunno what the answer is or whether there is one btw. Certainly more targeted comm is better than less. Whilst Actions do speak louder than words this approach creates a vacuum filled with all sorts.

jacomo
19-08-2013, 11:22 AM

Whether its true or not, the communication from the club is awful.

silverhibee
19-08-2013, 03:47 PM
When 1 man has complete control of everything at the club, its no surprise to me we are looked down on by everyone and their dog in media circles.

When you see things like players fined for criticising the state of the pitch, when anyone with eyes could see it was no better than a ploughed field.

Or DJs sacked for playing the wrong record, is it any wonder our image is not the best?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11792_6071322,00.html

"The manager was unaware of the boards decision to punish the player".

Saorsa
19-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Maybe Hibs aren't providing enough of the right sauce with the succulent lamb.Had tae laugh at that. Is that what it is? I thought it was years of pish. Neither does Petrie's attitude towards the media do Hibs or him any favours.

Saorsa
19-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Whether its true or not, the communication from the club is awful.One of the many things they promised tae improve and then nothing done about efter paying it lip service. Yet again only the threat of action by disgruntled fans has brought them out of their bunker. The only time they ever seem tae communicate well is when they're wanting your money.

Jack
19-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Had tae laugh at that. Is that what it is? I thought it was years of pish. Neither does Petrie's attitude towards the media do Hibs or him any favours.

If only you knew the truth :-D