PDA

View Full Version : Dundee utd Got A Free Kick For This (merged)

Weir7
18-08-2013, 07:29 AM
A poor challenge.

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Ive not seen a replay of it so perhaps unfair to comment, but it does look like a terrible challenge. Not sure why his leg is so high that he kicks KT in the elbow?

Simkin911
18-08-2013, 07:34 AM
A poor challenge.

Good picture - didn't see it so well from behind the goals.

MichelleHibs
18-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Is that what happened before the sending off?!

theonlywayisup
18-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Ive not seen a replay of it so perhaps unfair to comment, but it does look like a terrible challenge. Not sure why his leg is so high that he kicks KT in the elbow?

Where is the football?

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Where is the football?

Ive seen it suggested that it was a clearance and he caught KT with the follow through - hence until I have seen a replay I cant really say how bad it is.

Woody70x2
18-08-2013, 09:43 AM
A poor challenge.

I think they were talking about exchanging boots..

Hey Kev check out these green and white fellas... Swap them for your orange ones.

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2013, 12:37 PM
So, Thomson reacted to this challenge

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/18/dagy3a7a.jpg

Because Dundee utd were given a free kick at the end of it all, I'm presuming Gunning was sent off for retaliation to Thomsons reaction, rather than his challenge

So, could/should Gunnings initial challenge be picked up by the compliance officer? As I'm assuming it won't be in the refs match report

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 12:46 PM
So, Thomson reacted to this challenge

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/18/dagy3a7a.jpg

Because Dundee utd were given a free kick at the end of it all, I'm presuming Gunning was sent off for retaliation to Thomsons reaction, rather than his challenge

So, could/should Gunnings initial challenge be picked up by the compliance officer? As I'm assuming it won't be in the refs match report

Not sure if Hibs will have any grounds for appeal, but could this lead to a 2nd Red retrospectively for Gunning? The camera might lie of course, but that looks awful.

(PS - elsewhere someone referred to Thomson as a Prima Donna after his reaction - this might change their mind)

ancient hibee
18-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Might that have been a penalty?

Boyle89
18-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened and I may be blind but where's the ball? Is it really that late a challenge?

ancient hibee
18-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Don't think you're supposed to aim at a players ribs
:greengrin

How could it be a free kick to United?

ManBearPig
18-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Insanely late challenge had grwat view of it and was in line with linesman who did sweet fanny adams

Unseen work
18-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Like wise not seen the challenge but how did he clear it?? If he kicked it that does not look like a natural follow through movement?

Onion
18-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Not sure if Hibs will have any grounds for appeal, but could this lead to a 2nd Red retrospectively for Gunning? The camera might lie of course, but that looks awful.

(PS - elsewhere someone referred to Thomson as a Prima Donna after his reaction - this might change their mind)

It was awful and completely deliberate. The DUFC players were getting riled by KT for about 10 mins before this incident. While the guy took the ball, his follow through was meant to injure the Hibs man, so should have walked for that alone. Yet again, absolutely stinking refereeing in a key incident that led to players taking action themselves.

Geo_1875
18-08-2013, 12:59 PM
He kept his foot.high and from my viewing angle appeared to make a second movement towards KT. Absolute shocker that both the referee and linesman chose to not see.

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2013, 01:01 PM
He kept his foot.high and from my viewing angle appeared to make a second movement towards KT. Absolute shocker that both the referee and linesman chose to not see.

Yeah that's the way I saw it too. Deliberate follow through after the ball went

brog
18-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm sure Neil McCann will be highlighting it on Sportscene!:wink:

hfc rd
18-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I see McNamara is going to appeal the Gunning red card.

MileHighBees
18-08-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKJuO3qC4Q

Incident is at about 2:40

WeeCraigy
18-08-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKJuO3qC4Q

Incident is at about 2:40

Says its not available in my country :s

aazza91
18-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Says its not available in my country :s

It isn't available in the UK until tonight.

http://u2bp.com/

Go through that link ;)

CallumLaidlaw
18-08-2013, 04:14 PM
It isn't available in the UK until tonight.

http://u2bp.com/

Go through that link ;)

From the angle they have, it's hard to really see, but looks like Gunning clears the ball, then follows through with his studs on Thomo

Bishop Hibee
18-08-2013, 04:30 PM
I had a great view at the time and it was a totally reckless challenge from Gunning. Thomson should have played dead and tried to get him sent off though. Their players were quick enough to feign injury right from the start. How the hell the linesman didn't see it, only he knows. No chance Gunning will get the red rescinded as he takes a swing at Thomson in the melee afterwards.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Not sure about the incident, though if pushed I would say it looked like he went through on KT deliberately. KT is experienced enough to keep the heid in situations like that .. the last thing we need is players being sent off.

What I am sure about from that 5 minute clip is that a Utd team on form in front of goal would have buried us before an hour was up.

J-C
18-08-2013, 06:24 PM
TBH the ref should've taken more control of that and a yellow each was enough.

On the goal, how many times are we going to lose a goal with a long diagonal ball over the ch's heads, very poor positioning again, all the teams now see where the weekness is now, a very slow CH and a very young poor FB.

Jonnyboy
18-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Where is the football?

It was in Lewis Stevenson's back pocket alongside Gary Mackay-Steven :wink:

snooky
18-08-2013, 10:09 PM
From the angle they have, it's hard to really see, but looks like Gunning clears the ball, then follows through with his studs on Thomo

:agree: I looked at a couple of reruns and that's how I see it.
Gunning clears the ball with a high foot then gives it a jab into Thomson.
Dirty but KT should have kept the nut. It was easy for the ref to send him off for retaliation whether mild or otherwise.
I thought the tackle deserved a red or at least a yellow for dangerous play (assuming the ref missed the extra jab).
How the game commenced with a free to DU is baffling :confused: given the fact that both players walked.