PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Moaner

Emerald
17-08-2013, 11:44 PM
I think I'm one of the biggest moaners on here and will admit to it but me and the wife are off to Krakow next week for a weekend break. So to remind me about Aushwitz and Krakow we watched Schindlers List tonight again. I will now think twice about calling what is going on at Easter Road a crisis. I know we under perform but....FFS it really is just a game of football.

hibs4life
17-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Ah, some perspective! We get wound up by Hibs and their recent failings and it's fine to be passionate about that but you're right, it is just football. Still gets me upset though, especially when you get inept performances like today...
I really liked Krakow - make sure you visit Schindler's Factory which is now a museum. Enjoy your break!

bronca
17-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Happened to be in Warsaw on the night of the recent Polish cup final. I can assure you, whilst of course there is no comparison to the terrible events that happened in that country in WW2, they take their football very seriously as well.
Myself and a friend unwittingly walked into the beginnings of a riot from fans of the winning team where they had started vandalising buildings and bottles were getting smashed everywhere, it seemed to be what happy fans of the winning team do. Teams of riot police surrounded all the streets leading into the main square and when i started filming what was happening on my mobile,i was told in no uncertain terms, to stop doing so by someone who was in all likelihood, a neo nazi. Hundreds of Police eventually ran in to disperse them after using sound and water cannons.
Ken what your saying, just dinnae say it over there!
:wink:

lEXO
18-08-2013, 12:04 AM
I think I'm one of the biggest moaners on here and will admit to it but me and the wife are off to Krakow next week for a weekend break. So to remind me about Aushwitz and Krakow we watched Schindlers List tonight again. I will now think twice about calling what is going on at Easter Road a crisis. I know we under perform but....FFS it really is just a game of football.:top marks

Emerald
18-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Happened to be in Warsaw on the night of the recent Polish cup final. I can assure you, whilst of course there is no comparison to the terrible events that happened in that country in WW2, they take their football very seriously as well.
Myself and a friend unwittingly walked into the beginnings of a riot from fans of the winning team where they had started vandalising buildings and bottles were getting smashed everywhere, it seemed to be what happy fans of the winning team do. Teams of riot police surrounded all the streets leading into the main square and when i started filming what was happening on my mobile,i was told in no uncertain terms, to stop doing so by someone who was in all likelihood, a neo nazi. Hundreds of Police eventually ran in to disperse them after using sound and water cannons.
Ken what your saying, just dinnae say it over there!
:wink:

I'll stick to moaning about how my steak was cooked then :agree:. Very interesting though.

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 12:09 AM
I think I'm one of the biggest moaners on here and will admit to it but me and the wife are off to Krakow next week for a weekend break. So to remind me about Aushwitz and Krakow we watched Schindlers List tonight again. I will now think twice about calling what is going on at Easter Road a crisis. I know we under perform but....FFS it really is just a game of football.

Good post.

I'm also one of the (if not thee) biggest moaners on here.

You're right about it just being a game and putting things into perspective. Although the moaning is all part of the game to me. :wink:

Emerald
18-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Good post.

I'm also one of the (if not thee) biggest moaners on here.

You're right about it just being a game and putting things into perspective. Although the moaning is all part of the game to me. :wink:

I can moan and if you want a square moan I'll ave you :greengrin

Emerald
18-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Ah, some perspective! We get wound up by Hibs and their recent failings and it's fine to be passionate about that but you're right, it is just football. Still gets me upset though, especially when you get inept performances like today...
I really liked Krakow - make sure you visit Schindler's Factory which is now a museum. Enjoy your break!

Thank you for that and we will visit the factory. I was really upset and moved watching the film tonigh. Not really like me to be so upset but it was soooo huge. Nothing to do with Hibs so ..............

Stringer
18-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Holocaust of a thread

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Holocaust of a thread

This thread should close now before people take the puns any führer.

Captain Trips
18-08-2013, 01:16 AM

In football context and perspective it is a crisis at Easter Rd, I think we can all understand if somebody says its a "disaster" at Easter Rd we understand this is in footballing terms and not comparable to say the Titanic "disaster". Everything in context.

JohnStephens91
18-08-2013, 01:52 AM
This thread should close now before people take the puns any führer.

Hibs.net always Goebbels up an opportunity of a pun thread

fatbloke
18-08-2013, 02:06 AM
A few on here have Hitler nail on the head.
Right I am away tae ma bed.

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Hopefully Pat will soon be given his marching orders. He has no reich to be here any longer.

JohnStephens91
18-08-2013, 02:35 AM
If someone takes offence to the Axis references then this could turn Nazi

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 02:40 AM
If someone takes offence to the Axis references then this could turn Nazi

You're right. We should remove the puns as fascist possible.

Purehibee_MYB
18-08-2013, 05:49 AM
You're right. We should remove the puns as fascist possible.

This thread has taken a turn for the worst, Anne Frank-ly I think you're all disgraceful

spike220
18-08-2013, 06:10 AM
This thread has taken a turn for the worst, Anne Frank-ly I think you're all disgraceful This thread may win a prize for poor taste. But it nice to meet all the moaners coming out the woodwork and fronting up. Good on you.

Steve-O
19-08-2013, 08:51 AM
There are no Reichs or wrongs in this thread.

Twa Cairpets
20-08-2013, 11:30 AM
There are no Reichs or wrongs in this thread.

Yeh, but some people are Goering overboard. They should just go to the Gyle and by some Doenitz to cheer themselves up.