PDA

View Full Version : Midfield

southern hibby
17-08-2013, 08:27 PM
After watching today's performance, it was obvious we were better when both teams went down to 10 men.
Which got me thinking. Could we possibly have the players that are cancelling one another out I'n midfield? For example, Kevin was sent off today which allowed more room for Craig and (until his substitution) Robertson To look for the ball and carry it forward more.
So here's my questions. Will next week's midfield be better balanced because we cannot just pack it like we have been doing or do you think we will be worse of because Kevin will not be playing? GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2013, 08:30 PM
After watching today's performance, it was obvious we were better when both teams went down to 10 men.
Which got me thinking. Could we possibly have the players that are cancelling one another out I'n midfield? For example, Kevin was sent off today which allowed more room for Craig and (until his substitution) Robertson To look for the ball and carry it forward more.
So here's my questions. Will next week's midfield be better balanced because we cannot just pack it like we have been doing or do you think we will be worse of because Kevin will not be playing? GGTTH

More importantly has the manager realised it?

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 08:45 PM
There is something in this I think. Our midfield doesn't have enough variation in it. At times, the only difference is the names and numbers on the shirt backs.

Weir7
17-08-2013, 08:49 PM

Players got more fire in their bellies.started getting men forward. But I can't recall us creating a chance.

fife hfc
17-08-2013, 08:51 PM
He'll only bring in Taiwo so it will be just the same. Only way to change it is if we bring in a winger. Even then he would drop a forward thinking player so Taiwo could be brought in.