PDA

View Full Version : Danny Handling

Expecting Rain
17-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Didn`t go to Easter Road last season reason being corruption in scottish football, i was encouraged by the fact that there was an emergence of talent finally coming out of East Mains, in particular Harris and i decided to go to the Malmo game ( unfortunately) watched Handling giving 110% in difficult circumstances and being criticised on this board, today he should have been given at least half of the wages of so called experienced players around him, he gave his all and totally deserved the man of the match.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Didn`t go to Easter Road last season reason being corruption in scottish football, i was encouraged by the fact that there was an emergence of talent finally coming out of East Mains, in particular Harris and i decided to go to the Malmo game ( unfortunately) watched Handling giving 110% in difficult circumstances and being criticised on this board, today he should have been given at least half of the wages of so called experienced players around him, he gave his all and totally deserved the man of the match.

Agreed JF :agree: Danny was excellent

Expecting Rain
17-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Agreed JF :agree: Danny was excellent

Important that we encourage the youngsters who can only learn by participating in games.:agree:

ronaldo7
17-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Gave his all, and was my Mom too.

Well done Danny:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Danny reminds me of Dean Sheils, without the temper and the theatrics!
He will eventually play, just behind the main striker. Another year or so of development for him, we'll have a cracking player on our hands

Leighonel
17-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I thought handling played well but I was beginning to get concerned about how much we were relying on him. It could be too much pressure for him if it continues that way. Fenlon needs to manage it carefully.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I thought handling played well but I was beginning to get concerned about how much we were relying on him. It could be too much pressure for him if it continues that way. Fenlon needs to manage it carefully.

Bizarre.

Unseen work
17-08-2013, 08:17 PM

Tbh don't think any fan or the players for that matter feel we rely on him. Before today's game alot were doubting dannys talents, I was more worried about the pressure on Harris.

Fwiw after watching Danny for years I'm delighted to see everyone's reaction about him after today's game, he is a very good young player who will go from strength to strength and be a important player for us soon IMO!

Hibhibhooray
17-08-2013, 08:24 PM

Played with passion and composure, always liked Danny delighted to see him getting a chance and showing what he can do

FamousSix
17-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Thought Danny and Sam Stanton were the only 2 players who were prepared to take on their defenders and try and go past them. Everyone else looks to pass the ball like a hot potato and not take any responsibility. As with THEM and their youngsters the exuberance of youth is hard to deny and can win games as they have no fear.

Swedish hibee
17-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Got right in there when the wee fight kicked off

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Got right in there when the wee fight kicked off

He's a Haddington laddie :thumbsup:

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Gave his all and at one point the midfield of Handling, Robertson, Craig and Stanton looked way better than the usual stuff served up.

Just_Jimmy
18-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Yet some folk waste no time in giving him pelters whenever he gets the ball.

Pray4Marc
18-08-2013, 09:11 AM

I wasn't sure if Danny was upto the standard required but certainly after today's performance he proved me wrong. Was MOM for me, was a real driving force last 20 minutes.

Heisenberg
18-08-2013, 09:22 AM
I was another that wasnt convinced about him but he did very well yesterday. Hope he gets the chance to continue it next week.

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2013, 11:00 AM

James Collins was the biggest culprit for that.

Thought Handling was decent yesterday - lots of running, just tries to best too many men sometimes - hopefully that'll come with experience.

JimBHibees
18-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Bizarre.

Indeed. :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
18-08-2013, 07:50 PM
I've also expressed doubts about him in the past but on yesterday's performance I've changed my mind. He had the confidence to take players on and looked very effective out wide.

Twiglet
18-08-2013, 07:56 PM

It's a shame that people are judging him on performances in the past where he was still developing.
He's clearly been working hard to improve parts of his game and, as others are saying on here, he played well yesterday (my MOTM) and deserves credit for it.

HibeeSince85
18-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Like others I wasn't too sure if he was ready for his starting place but he had a good game yesterday and was my MOTM.

Think he'll do well in a more balanced and attack minded side.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2013, 08:00 PM
It's a shame that people are judging him on performances in the past where he was still developing.
He's clearly been working hard to improve parts of his game and, as others are saying on here, he played well yesterday (my MOTM) and deserves credit for it.

You're right. Some people don't realise that he's only 19. We have a top prospect on our hands with Danny

Leishy1995
18-08-2013, 08:04 PM
One of his mates told me he will come good with confidence, spent all summer playing football with them and he is a class above.

Apparently his little brother was released by hibs in recent times

Chump
18-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Thought Danny and Sam Stanton were the only 2 players who were prepared to take on their defenders and try and go past them. Everyone else looks to pass the ball like a hot potato and not take any responsibility. As with THEM and their youngsters the exuberance of youth is hard to deny and can win games as they have no fear.

Could possibly be because PF hasn't got his negativity across to them just yet.....give it a few months and they'll be passing sideways and facing the wrong way :rolleyes:

.Sean.
19-08-2013, 07:52 PM
He's a Haddington laddie :thumbsup:

We cannae help ourselves :greengrin:take that

...WentToMowAnSPL
19-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Think he'll do well in a more balanced and attack minded side.

St Johnstone ???

MrSmith
19-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm very much up for supporting the youngsters! They are our future after all :| I'll get me coat ... I think Lewis Stevenson gets a lot of undue criticism on here too. unlike most others on higher wages, he care and tries his heart out. He's not the greatest but in my book he's doing good!

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2013, 07:09 AM
I do have to laugh at how we always rewrite history on players that leave. Wotherspoon had his chances at Hibs, jeezo he had many many chances and apart from one or two people he'd not be in any of our 1st 11 team selections.

Now he's suddenly Ronaldo. :rolleyes: