PDA

View Full Version : Bladdered.

LancashireHibby
17-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Again. Not even reached Lancaster yet. I can't give this up, regardless of the ineptness of the manager. The club lives longer than the players, the board and the manager. We are Hibernian FC.

truehibernian
17-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Again. Not even reached Lancaster yet. I can't give this up, regardless of the ineptness of the manager. The club lives longer than the players, the board and the manager. We are Hibernian FC.

It's posts like that, that make me smile - so true mate, good on you, and yep as truly frustrating as they are you always end up back with them.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 07:48 PM

Keep up supporting Hibs from afar. We need you!

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2013, 07:49 PM

:thumbsup:Superb effort you put in to attend games.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 07:53 PM
:thumbsup:Superb effort you put in to attend games.

It's a pity people much closer to home couldn't put in the same effort!
Well done again to all those supporter's who travel a distance week in week out

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:09 PM
It's a pity people much closer to home couldn't put in the same effort!
Well done again to all those supporter's who travel a distance week in week out

People closer to home, some of them season ticket holders, quite rightly have reserved the right to do other things on a Saturday given the poor fare on offer.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 08:10 PM
People closer to home, some of them season ticket holders, quite rightly have reserved the right to do other things on a Saturday given the poor fare on offer.

Of course they do, but the team/club need us NOW

LancashireHibby
17-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Quite agree with them, they more than have the right to vote with their feet.

One of the highlights was arguing with the bouncers at the Playfair after the game. Mate is up for the Festival so took 5 minutes and 3 bouncers to convince them that we weren't casuals (despite the green polo tops) and just wanted a pint with a Yorkshireman up to see some culture.

Hibernia&Alba
18-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I haven't had a bevvy all summer, but Hibs are determined to turn me to drink.

iwasthere1972
18-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I didn't even have a prematch drink due to the anti nazi protest up town. Standing at the bus stop at the top of Leith Walk waiting on a bus and German guy (obviously spotted my Hibs top) asked me how him and his 5 German mates could get to Easter Road. Told him to stick with me as I was going that way. Anyway waited for ages on the number 1 that didn't turn up so hopped aboard a 44. I didn't tell him that the reason I was running late was because of the anti nazi protest as I feared it may develop into a scene from Harry Enfield and him apologising for his German forefathers. We had to be as facist we could as kick off was approaching. Got off the bus at London Road and walked across Crawford Bridge. Although my seat is in the FF I thought they would be better off in the east. Took them to the pod at the east stand before shaking their hands and saying auf Weidersein. Oh while on the bus I gave one of them my match ticket from last week's derby as a souvenir. He said who are Hearts. Strange that he didn't know what with them having a facist support. Handed in a lost season ticket to the ticket office before heading for my seat.

Wonder what the Germans thought of the match considering they were a mixture of Bayen Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen supporters.

GGTTH. :flag: :flag:

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 03:03 PM
They may have been the 4 Germans sat next to me & my mate in the East. As I walked in, they were sat in our seats so I showed them my season ticket and they politely moved to their correct seats. Hats off to these guys for coming along, they said they wanted to see Hibs play & getting quite animated with our performance.
As I waited for the number 1 on Easter Road back to Princes Street at FT, I had these 2 guys ask if there was a football special that ran. Do our crowds require such buses to run?:rolleyes:

Hats off to Lancashire Hibby & others who travel up from a distance. While I do South Shields to Edinburgh every home game, its only 90 mins on train from Newcastle so I don't see it a long journey but those travelling a lot longer I've utmost respect for given the quality of football on display. :thumbsup: