PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Should Fenlon Be Sacked Poll

hibee19
17-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Opinion changed after the United game at all?

Iggy Pope
17-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Can we have a 'Don't Know'?

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Yes

DaveF
17-08-2013, 07:43 PM
We should not even have a poll.

Fenlon out. The guys a ****ing joker.

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 07:44 PM
My heart says no, my head says probably :greengrin

frazeHFC
17-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Nothings changed imo. We were eyebleedingly bad in the first half and not much better in the second. Utd allowed us to have the ball but we didn't do too much with it. A performance like that won't win us games.

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:57 PM
:taxi for Fenlon.

Expecting Rain
17-08-2013, 07:58 PM
He will only survive if he realises that the job is about the success of Hibs and not about his own ambitions.

Makaveli
17-08-2013, 08:15 PM
100% yes, and pronto.

hibee19
17-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Nothings changed imo. We were eyebleedingly bad in the first half and not much better in the second. Utd allowed us to have the ball but we didn't do too much with it. A performance like that won't win us games.

Bringing on Taiwo for Robertson when we just got the equaliser and should have been looking to build on the momentum baffled me. We should probably count ourself lucky they scored so early. That gave us no option but to push forward a bit. A more confident team probably would have killed off the game first half.

wookie70
17-08-2013, 08:21 PM
I like Pat but after about 2 years we still have no shape to the team. There was a good wee bit on the radio saying that Ross County had changed there shape due to signings and it was failing miserably. On the other hand Terry Butcher had bought players who slotted into a succesful formation. I don't think Pat knows what formation we play half the time let alone the players and he has bought players on the basis that they are good players and available with no thought how they fit in. To me after 2 years Pat should have his system in place and it should be obvious to everyone hwat his "style" of play is. At the moment I have no idea what system he is setting his team up as half the time.

A good team is where the whole is more than the constituent of its parts. We are the exact opposite of this at the moment

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Bringing on Taiwo for Robertson when we just got the equaliser and should have been looking to build on the momentum baffled me. We should probably count ourself lucky they scored so early. That gave us no option but to push forward a bit. A more confident team probably would have killed off the game first half.

Rubbish. We had plenty attacking players on at that time and we needed to replace the central midfielder like for like at that stage.

frazeHFC
17-08-2013, 08:44 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Seemed a very odd substitution at the time seeing as though Robertson had just scored and is more attack minded than Taiwo.

Also dunno what Caldwell has to do to get a game!

Gustavo Fring
17-08-2013, 08:47 PM
it changes nothing for me . he is still as clueless as he was last week and he needs to go now

Beefster
17-08-2013, 08:49 PM
The main lesson from these polls is that somewhere between 10% and 30% of the support is incredibly fickle.

Weir7
17-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Rubbish. We had plenty attacking players on at that time and we needed to replace the central midfielder like for like at that stage.

Ok mr know it all. I'm glad you keep everybody right.

Gatecrasher
17-08-2013, 08:56 PM
With a different manager we would be on 9 points IMO.

Torto7062
17-08-2013, 08:58 PM
fenlon should keep the door open for Petrie and Co to follow him out

sadtom
17-08-2013, 10:13 PM
It's that bad you get the feeling Robertson scored and PF thought 'we'll have nane o' that. You're subbied son!'
We are garbage to watch.
Go Fenlon and go NOW!

Borderhibbie76
17-08-2013, 10:17 PM
He must go and pronto...clueless and tactically inept!!

hibee19
17-08-2013, 10:18 PM
The main lesson from these polls is that somewhere between 10% and 30% of the support is incredibly fickle.

That seems about right. It will be interesting to see where the poll is after a couple of days but it certainly took much longer to get to 9 No votes last week. Also will be interesting if he stays a few weeks how a single win would change the vote.

lugz
17-08-2013, 10:26 PM
So everyone who's commented wants him out but there's 12 votes for no....

Yams at the wind up? Blind? Just stupid?

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 10:35 PM
So everyone who's commented wants him out but there's 12 votes for no....

Yams at the wind up? Blind? Just stupid?

All 3. :greengrin

ehf
17-08-2013, 10:38 PM
It's that bad you get the feeling Robertson scored and PF thought 'we'll have nane o' that. You're subbied son!'
We are garbage to watch.
Go Fenlon and go NOW!

I want Fenlon out but to be fair, Robertson was knackered several players told Fenlon to sub him.

hibsbollah
17-08-2013, 10:45 PM

In this context, define 'fickle'?

gussyboy
17-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Ta ta fenlon

sadtom
17-08-2013, 10:55 PM
I want Fenlon out but to be fair, Robertson was knackered several players told Fenlon to sub him.

Are you saying the players are making the substitutions now?
Anyhow, of course I was being facetious, though quite frankly nowt would surprise me at Hibs these days

Up The Bracket
17-08-2013, 10:58 PM

He was injured

sesoim
17-08-2013, 11:02 PM

NO. He has to go for the good of this club. We should be going for 2nd this season. How the hell would drawing at home against a struggling side that's just signed a load of First Division players change anything?

gussyboy
17-08-2013, 11:04 PM
NO. He has to go for the good of this club. We should be going for 2nd this season. How the hell would drawing at home against a struggling side that's just signed a load of First Division players change anything?

have to agree - its time for pat to gtf

proud_and_green
17-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Nothing whatsoever has changed - we got a point, which was, to be perfectly honest, nothing to do with the manager but actually a bit more to do with the players taking it in their own hands. However, with the squad we have, this was a game, like the last two, which we should be winning not scraping a point by the skin of our teeth.

Paddy's a good guy; but he is not a football manager. We need someone who can pick the team up from a standing start now and deliver the results.

Enough is enough. I want to believe in the team and that we may actually compete in games - we aint doing that at the moment!

hibee19
18-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Maybe it will change in a day or two but it looks like a pretty big swing for drawing with a struggling United side.

Steve20
18-08-2013, 04:47 AM
Off course he should go. Surely no one thinks he should stay just because we got a draw at home to a poor Dundee Utd team.

Disgraceful that he's been allowed to stay this long.

Sumner
18-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Time's up. Baffling selections, players out of position, poor substitutions.. Oh and results!!
Dressing room would take a lift from him going and a positive manager coming in. Out asap.

brydekirk
18-08-2013, 06:56 AM
It's like Calderwood all over again. He's even starting to blame the players now.

Heisenberg
18-08-2013, 07:11 AM
He's utterly clueless. How many times is that now that he's had to change the team after half an hour because someone was getting a roasting/playing awful or his tactics werent working. Not starting Mcgivern was baffling yesterday. Robertson has saved his job for another few weeks.

LancsHibs
18-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Yes, he is a 'dead duck' manager and must go for the good of the club. I can't believe he still has support! 26 people (22%) have voted for him to stay! Can't all be Jambos:confused:

down-the-slope
18-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Not changed my mind still a no

greenlex
18-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Love it now the goal and the draw were nothing to do with him. Love it how Utd are a poor side now. Love it how when he subs a full back who s on a booking and getting a roasting iand puts a player there who has the opposition player in hs pocket it's a poor decision. He subs the goalscorer for scoring although he was injured.
He needs to go but FFS stop making things up.

JustSimplyHibs
18-08-2013, 08:43 AM

Sorry but he has to win the league and a cup to makes amends, until then he should resign.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Has he gone yet?

K.Marx
18-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Baffles me that after a 1-1 draw at home 23% now dont want Fenlon sacked while before this result it was 5%. Is this the level of some peoples ambition? Granted, I wasn't at the game yesterday, but from all account I've heard we were rank rotten. Im getting the distinct worry we're going to be stuck with Fenlon for the forseeable future

Hibernia&Alba
18-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Should have gone after the Hearts game, IMO; many wanted him out well before then. I don't have confidence he can turn this around, and Killie will be another tough game.

Beefster
18-08-2013, 09:37 AM
In this context, define 'fickle'?

Changing their mind on a game-by-game basis.

Hibernia&Alba
18-08-2013, 09:40 AM
Changing their mind on a game-by-game basis.

To be fair, the poll can't be read as proof of folk changing their minds. It could just be the case that a number of those who voted for sacking PF in the last poll haven't yet cast their vote, or that a number of undecideds have voted for the manager to stay.

MSK
18-08-2013, 09:42 AM
To be fair, the poll can't be read as proof of folk changing their minds. It could just be the case that a number of those who voted for sacking PF in the last poll haven't yet cast their vote, or that a number of undecideds have voted for the manager to stay.Or some folk cant be arsed wi polls & don't actually take them seriously ..

GreenCastle
18-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Still must go...unless he starts winning...otherwise it's going to be bottom 6 AGAIN / relegation battle.

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes, he is a 'dead duck' manager and must go for the good of the club. I can't believe he still has support! 26 people (22%) have voted for him to stay! Can't all be Jambos:confused:

Fickle fans.

connerg
18-08-2013, 01:10 PM
I like Pat but after about 2 years we still have no shape to the team. There was a good wee bit on the radio saying that Ross County had changed there shape due to signings and it was failing miserably. On the other hand Terry Butcher had bought players who slotted into a succesful formation. I don't think Pat knows what formation we play half the time let alone the players and he has bought players on the basis that they are good players and available with no thought how they fit in. To me after 2 years Pat should have his system in place and it should be obvious to everyone hwat his "style" of play is. At the moment I have no idea what system he is setting his team up as half the time.

A good team is where the whole is more than the constituent of its parts. We are the exact opposite of this at the moment

He sets his team up with a 0-0 draw in mind.

Gustavo Fring
18-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Im getting the distinct worry we're going to be stuck with Fenlon for the forseeable future

me too , oh well another season scraping the barrel in the bottom 6 or more likely the bottom 2 or 3 .

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 02:53 PM
We were bleeding awful 1st half & not much better 2nd. We finally scored at home but Pat's talk in the week of being more attacking & adventurous at home was just that, talk!

As all of us said when Robertson scored, has that kept PF in a job for another week?

Keith_M
18-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I think that the increase in No votes since the last poll are purely down to Andy74 signing up with multiple new user names in the meantime :wink:

cam2644
18-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Pat Fenlon seems a nice guy. It's difficult to dislike him but I think he's had the stuffing knocked out of him by some catastrophic defeats. His main aim now is not to be thrashed- his ambition has gone. This is reflected in the changing room. Swapping managers so often isn't good but Petrie has made so many howlers it has become necessary. This time I hope penny pinching doesn't come into it again. There is a potentially good squad there to be coached properly. There are thousands of fans who might come back so please get it right this time!