PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell

1987kev
17-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Anyone think there's been a fall out wi fenlon I don't why he's no played in the 3 games.

truehibernian
17-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Anyone think there's been a fall out wi fenlon I don't why he's no played in the 3 games.

Just sheer bloody minded stubbornness from Pat in my humble opinion - wants his buys (Collins and Vine) to get on the score sheet and prove 'doubters' wrong.

I'd have dropped both of them today and played Danny and Rossco up front - I'd do so next game. Neither Collins or Vine are impressing me in the slightest.

LioNeilMessi
17-08-2013, 07:04 PM

I still am optimistic about Vine coming good for us, however Ross deserves a a place ahead of Vine and should be in the team next week. Ross and Danny also sound like they link up well.

Same can be said about Forster with Nelson IMHO.

Dunderhall
17-08-2013, 07:14 PM
No idea why he's hasn't had a look in in the league so far.
Handling done well in the 2nd half and I still think Caldwell is ahead of him in terms of being more ready for the 1st team.
when we are struggling to score, and Collins/Vine haven't looked like a solution, I can't understand not giving him 25 mins or so yet.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I think Handling's versatility gives him the nod over Caldwell. Caldwell plays in the same area as Collins, so its going to be difficult for him to get game time if Fenlon prefers Collins

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I can't understand why he hasn't been given some game time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Would have Caldwell over Vine.

hibee_girl
I can't understand why he hasn't been given some game time.

Me neither, he scored 2 goals in midweek. To not even give him a chance as a sub is baffling.

BVB Hibs
I think Ross is a cracking little player, but at the same time he doesn't anything different to Vine or Collins. Think the three of them are all too similar to be playing together, and you need a striker with a good touch and a bit of pace in beside/behind them to make them effective. I'd disagree with most on here and say Handling is further in his progression than Caldwell despite the goal against Hearts last year. I think Handling playing off Collins is the best partnership we can put on the park at the moment.

Caldwell's time will come though. I'd like to see him given some game time, maybe coming on with 20 minutes left in a game, especially if we're not scoring a different attacking option would always be a plus. He seems to link up well with Handling, and I think they'll be a decent partnership 2 or 3 years down the line. Playing him beside Collins will just see both of them getting in each others way which isn't productive either.

For now though, I think we need to focus on giving Collins service. He works hard and by all accounts is a great finisher. If we can get him the ball in and around the box goals will come. It was pointed out that despite all of Leighs goals last year, we had nobody providing assists, and that's the major issue that needs to be addressed for me. Deciding whether or not to start Caldwell up front will change little in our fortunes, unless we can get the ball to our strikers we could have Falcao up front and not be scoring goals.

Iggy Pope
17-08-2013, 07:31 PM
I still am optimistic about Vine coming good for us, however Ross deserves a a place ahead of Vine and should be in the team next week. Ross and Danny also sound like they link up well.

Vine. Plays like his boots are too big. Wants too much time. Needs to shave and quick. Gives me the impression of an overweight Yorkshire Ripper. Or that right bad ******* in This Is England '86.

Caldwell. Winner at Tynie. Banished to the bench.

hibbymick
17-08-2013, 07:33 PM
I would find places for stanton, caldwell and handling in the team. The 3 of them have played together and know how each other works. There was several times today i thought handling wanted to slip a ball through into space around the box but knew there was no-one on the same wavelength.

B.H.F.C
17-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Agree with the bit about Forster in particular. Pat would rather bring in a 33 year old journeyman on a two year deal to play every week than have a promising youngster like Forster in the team. He's also only contracted for the remainder of this season. I highlight Forster as I feel he's shown he's more capable of playing at this level than Ross and Danny. Although credit where it's due, I thought Danny was one of the few to try and do anything positive today when he got the ball.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Fenlon prefers to bring on Taiwo rather than Caldwell to obviously try and win the game!

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Fenlon prefers to bring on Taiwo rather than Caldwell to obviously try and win the game!

We had more than enough attacking players on at that point. Robertson needed replaced. Was sensible.

Unseen work
17-08-2013, 08:21 PM
You would think when everyone in the team is low on confidence after not scoring recently you would want a confident, slightly cocky striker such as Caldwell to go on after getting a double midweek. Saying he is cocky is not a insult btw, far from it. I like seeing players going out with a bit of swagger and self belief about them!

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:26 PM
We had more than enough attacking players on at that point. Robertson needed replaced. Was sensible.

Well, he sensibly rescued a point at home, I guess.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Well, he sensibly rescued a point at home, I guess.

Playing 3 at the back then deciding to play one midfielder, and an attacking one at that in Craig, would have seen us lose the point we had. We were trying to win the game. Suggesting otherwise is just daft.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Playing 3 at the back then deciding to play one midfielder, and an attacking one at that in Craig, would have seen us lose the point we had. We were trying to win the game. Suggesting otherwise is just daft.

By the end, it was anybody's game and either team could have won. Caldwell would have increased our chances which is a bit daft really.

Brightside
17-08-2013, 08:58 PM
The mistake was bringing Stanton on.... Vine should have been replaced by Caldwell and then Tawio or Stanton could have come on for Robertson when he was injured. Also when we scored the first thing Fenlon did was tell them to calm down and drop back. The players wanted to go for the win.
BUT the change should have happened at half time.

dp00
17-08-2013, 10:46 PM
If you look at caldwells twitter and some of his replys to people it will tell you all you need to know

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

oconnors_strip
17-08-2013, 11:22 PM
If you look at caldwells twitter and some of his replys to people it will tell you all you need to know

Which is?

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 07:50 AM

About why he's not getting any game time yet is named as a substitute?

Aldo
18-08-2013, 07:56 AM
About why he's not getting any game time yet is named as a substitute?

C'mon scouse that should be plain and clear to us all. Williams hasn't been injured yet!

Joking aside the lad scores 2 in the week yet he doesn't get on.

Vine is showing nowt so give Caldwell a chance alongside Collins.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 08:07 AM
C'mon scouse that should be plain and clear to us all. Williams hasn't been injured yet!

Joking aside the lad scores 2 in the week yet he doesn't get on.

Vine is showing nowt so give Caldwell a chance alongside Collins.

:greengrin Of course why didn't I think of that.

Deserves an opportunity IMO,I can't see why the previous poster has referred to his twitter comments as a reason either. If he had done anything that bad he surely wouldn't be named on the bench?

Aldo
18-08-2013, 08:13 AM
:greengrin Of course why didn't I think of that.

Deserves an opportunity IMO,I can't see why the previous poster has referred to his twitter comments as a reason either. If he had done anything that bad he surely wouldn't be named on the bench?

Tbh the only CF that's scoring, albeit in the U20's. Vine will come good (I hope) I'd like to see Collins and Caldwell up front against Killie next week.