PDA

View Full Version : Fenlons Post Match Interview

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:39 PM
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1552316-pat-fenlon-speaks-to-hibernian-tv-after-the-1-1-draw-against-dundee-united-at-easter-road

More honest than normal? Usual pish? Gtf now Pat before you destroy this club further?

Thoughts? :cb

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2013, 06:42 PM
At least he admitted that the first half was poor. Said that he expected more from his players. Said even if they're lacking confidence, that shouldn't stop them giving it all their effort.

Onion
Sorry can't bear to listen to any more ***** from our Manager. Nothing he can say can repair the damage he has and continues to do at our club. We are ones who will have to live with his legacy and pick up the pieces after he's gone.

sleeping giant
Pretty honest interview if you ask me.

lugz
17-08-2013, 06:43 PM
What he says in interviews has never been the problem.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:44 PM
What he says in interviews has never been the problem.

Didn't seem to be the case last week when he said we were 'unlucky' but whatever floats your boat.

hibbymick
17-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Pretty honest interview if you ask me.

maybe he should be asking the question " why are my players not listening to me "

Greenblood70
17-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Picked the wrong team again today. Just how poor will crowds have to get before Petrie discovers his spine and gets rid. We're just drifting.

hibee19
17-08-2013, 07:31 PM
I think given those past two interviews hes been told by someone at the club to change the way he answers questions.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Sorry can't bear to listen to any more ***** from our Manager. Nothing he can say can repair the damage he has and continues to do at our club. We are ones who will have to live with his legacy and pick up the pieces after he's gone.

Don't get this over dramatic keech. We may not be playing that well but thats worlds away from doing the club damage with the likes of Calderwood.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Who cares what he says.

I wouldn't care if he came out with complete pish every single week, if only the team were performing.

Cropley10
17-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Don't get this over dramatic keech. We may not be playing that well but thats worlds away from doing the club damage with the likes of Calderwood.

Except of course Calderwood, didn't have half the players Pat has.

There's no difference; turgid, non-winning football again.

All IMHO of course

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Except of course Calderwood, didn't have half the players Pat has.

There's no difference; turgid, non-winning football again.

All IMHO of course

Calderwood brought players here that shouldn't have been here and whose attitudes were killing he club. We were winning a few matches until recently. We will again soon, unless we decide to keep booing everything that moves. Players here two minutes are getting stick already. And we have the cheek to wonder why smaller teams do better than us.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I thought he bordered on aggressive at times. Was quick to contradict what the interviewer was saying. Usually he offers his own thoughts.

Cropley10
17-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Calderwood brought players here that shouldn't have been here and whose attitudes were killing he club. We were winning a few matches until recently. We will again soon, unless we decide to keep booing everything that moves. Players here two minutes are getting stick already. And we have the cheek to wonder why smaller teams do better than us.

"We were winning a few matches until recently."

In which case I have a different expectation from Hibs.

He's a football Pygmy. No different to Calderwood. Neither offer anything.

Westie1875
17-08-2013, 08:23 PM
I thought he bordered on aggressive at times. Was quick to contradict what the interviewer was saying. Usually he offers his own thoughts.

I thought so too, sounded very much like a man under pressure with no idea how to fix the situation.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:24 PM
"We were winning a few matches until recently."

In which case I have a different expectation from Hibs.

He's a football Pygmy. No different to Calderwood. Neither offer anything.

Yes sure, I'm not bothered about winning games.

Speedway
17-08-2013, 08:31 PM

You must be the club's ultimate apologist.

'Felon' has a mid 30s% win ratio after just short of two years and 20+ signings.

We win very few matches. You'll find a reason to back the management after we've been relegated..

Moon unit
17-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Yes sure, I'm not bothered about winning games.

Sounded totally rattled during the interview!...then listened to Terry Butcher who sounded totally in control of the situation, his players are full of confidence " there's a great togetherness about the squad"!...wouldn't mind a bit of that!

BT58
17-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Andy ,,,,we will win soon ???
Wtf are we gonna beat ???
This team under PFs leadership is heading one way
Yeah,, another cup final,,
Oops soz ,, its all doon to BAD LUCK !!!!
Just glad the tarts are many points below us
Bt

ColintonHibs
17-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Everyone needs to calm down. Whatever he says you just have a go at him even if it's right. The 2nd half performance was good enough for me anyway and the boos at full time were completely undeserved as it was a good fightback and we were unlucky not to get a winner at the end. Maybe if all of you tried supporting the team they might have more confidence. Maybe they don't take players on because if they do and lose the ball they and the manager gets abuse. Shouts of Fenlon GTF after the first goal. How is he supposed to turn it around if nobody supports him? We are 3 games into the season he is looking for the right wide player Danny and Stanton will come good and when Harris is back we will have options. If we get zemamma we have a very good starting 11 and good options on the bench. Everyone chill out

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 08:40 PM

Nobodies wondering why smaller teams do better. It's actually quite obvious why.

Players come in and know straight away what is expected from them. There is no "gelling in" time for other clubs. They come in and do their job from day 1.

Swedish hibee
17-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Everyone needs to calm down. Whatever he says you just have a go at him even if it's right. The 2nd half performance was good enough for me anyway and the boos at full time were completely undeserved as it was a good fightback and we were unlucky not to get a winner at the end. Maybe if all of you tried supporting the team they might have more confidence. Maybe they don't take players on because if they do and lose the ball they and the manager gets abuse. Shouts of Fenlon GTF after the first goal. How is he supposed to turn it around if nobody supports him? We are 3 games into the season he is looking for the right wide player Danny and Stanton will come good and when Harris is back we will have options. If we get zemamma we have a very good starting 11 and good options on the bench. Everyone chill out

Well said.

Speedway
17-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Zemamma will never be fit enough to play in between injuries, Ramadan and cold weather.

We'll never have a good starting 11 when they don't start in their correct positions.

Weir7
17-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Fenlon signed top pros like soares and doherty.

Who were thsese players CC signed that were killing the club? Do you work at east mains that you see this?

Weir7
17-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Winning a few games in the bottom 6. Your spot on fans fault for booing.

Didn't see punters booing at the PBS they backjed the lads big time. Backed them big time at Hampden

Beefster
17-08-2013, 09:02 PM

'Felon' has a mid 30s% win ratio after just short of two years and 20+ signings.

We win very few matches. You'll find a reason to back the management after we've been relegated..

The Scottish Cup is great and all but Fenlon's win %age in the league is even worse. Somewhere in the 20's.

Brightside
17-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Zemamma will never be fit enough to play in between injuries, Ramadan and cold weather.

We'll never have a good starting 11 when they don't start in their correct positions.

This. If Zemamma was the answer he'd be sticking down south. Can we not even get a player in on loan from the premiership?

Weir7
17-08-2013, 09:04 PM

I think he is Pat Fenlon

HFC 0-7
17-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Fenlon and hibs can do no wrong it seems in your eyes.

Re the bit in bold. It shows where your expectations are set andy, and perhaps why you seem so happy to accept where we are just now.

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Fenlon's stats are pitiful, and he won't last much longer. I don't see where these wins are coming from personally. I live in hope he's away and we're improved soon otherwise I've got the two Saints' games to snooze through next month!

hibee19
17-08-2013, 09:48 PM

We've won 7 matches in 2013 out of about 27. St Mirren twice, Kilmarnock twice, Falkirk, Hearts and Aberdeen.

It has absolutely **** all to do with booing. There's an argument that we don't boo enough, we back the team to the hilt and get kicked in the teeth over and over. Hibs fans are no different to any other fans. We want to be entertained and would like to win, but have pretty reasonable expectations.

Players are getting stick because they're not performing, doesn't matter how long they've been here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Fenlon's after match comments usually contain the trite line about never really getting going, but today's offering is a really basic concept. If these professionals won't put in a shift for him, then surely he needs to find out why, as soon as possible.

McHibby
17-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Fenlon's after match comments usually contain the trite line about never really getting going, but today's offering is a really basic concept. If these professionals won't put in a shift for him, then surely he needs to find out why, as soon as possible.

I agree. But my interpretation was that he pretty-much admitted he doesn't have control over the players or the ability to motivate them.

He spoke about them not 'hurting' and not having the right attitude. If that is the case, then why are they even pulling on a shirt on match days? Look at the English Premiership (I know, it's not the greatest platform of football ever witnessed as some English media would have us believe, but), Rooney was dropped last season for not pulling his weight in training. Suarez was told to train on his own in pre-season due to his attitude. That's how players should be dealt with if they are not being professional. Although it does seem strange that an entire squad would be lacking the right attitude, I suspect it's much more a case of low morale and a lack of confidence in the manager.

proud_and_green
18-08-2013, 12:29 AM

The second half was maybe good enough for you but it was no where near good enough for me! The team dug in for a bit after the sending off and got a goal but that was the team not the way they had been set up and the manager had the square root of f*** all to do with it.

And please don't give me that crap about supporting the team, I've done it through thick and thin for forty odd years and whilst there have certainly been some highlights there have been some extremely difficult times and other times where I wonder why the f*** I am still there. I pay my money and I accept that Hibs are not going to be challenging for the league title every year, I realise that the chances are that I won't see a Scottish Cup win.

And, despite all that..... I keep coming back because I want to be entertained! And I am not being entertained just now. I could put up with the results if I knew we were actually trying to win. The boos are not for the team or the players individually - they are for the manager and the manner in which he thinks this team should be playing!

We could have the famous five, pele, dalgleish, bobby moore any permutation of the best players in the world - past or present - and Pat would still not be able to make them into a successful team.

Time for him to move on!

lord bunberry
18-08-2013, 01:23 AM
Picked the wrong team again today. Just how poor will crowds have to get before Petrie discovers his spine and gets rid. We're just drifting.

What was the crowd today, I can't see it anywhere.

cabbageandribs1875
18-08-2013, 01:29 AM
What was the crowd today, I can't see it anywhere.

lord bunberry
18-08-2013, 01:47 AM

That's better than I expected.

bighairyfaeleith
18-08-2013, 04:20 AM
That's better than I expected.

didn't look like 9171 to me, not a song sung until the sending off. Tells you everything that, hibs fans have been great at supporting the team in recent months, but the silence today should tell petrie all he needs to know.

Fenlon, just **** off now!!

Oh aye, and to some of the posters, stop blaming the fans, now is the time to criticise and get on peoples backs. We have been too soft for too long.

greenlex
18-08-2013, 07:39 AM
didn't look like 9171 to me, not a song sung until the sending off. Tells you everything that, hibs fans have been great at supporting the team in recent months, but the silence today should tell petrie all he needs to know.

Fenlon, just **** off now!!

Oh aye, and to some of the posters, stop blaming the fans, now is the time to criticise and get on peoples backs. We have been too soft for too long.

I dont think anyone s blaming the fans. I don't think getting on the players backs is helping tho.

Albion Hibs
18-08-2013, 09:21 AM
More media sound bites from pat. I am hearing nothing different now to the day he walked through the door at hibs, it bores the life out of me. It is always someone else's fault, he did a great job of naming just about every player in the team in an evening news article during the week...blame deflection...how this guy is still in a job I will never know.

Beefster
18-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Fenlon has two post-match interviews when we've been utterly rank....

"I thought we were unlucky and didn't deserve to lose the game" - when he can get away with it.

"The players didn't do what I told them and they're really going to have to try harder" - all other times.

I keep hearing that he's a "good guy". Good guys take responsibility for their own actions and failings.

Golden Bear
18-08-2013, 09:28 AM
The second half was maybe good enough for you but it was no where near good enough for me! The team dug in for a bit after the sending off and got a goal but that was the team not the way they had been set up and the manager had the square root of f*** all to do with it.

And please don't give me that crap about supporting the team, I've done it through thick and thin for forty odd years and whilst there have certainly been some highlights there have been some extremely difficult times and other times where I wonder why the f*** I am still there. I pay my money and I accept that Hibs are not going to be challenging for the league title every year, I realise that the chances are that I won't see a Scottish Cup win.

And, despite all that..... I keep coming back because I want to be entertained! And I am not being entertained just now. I could put up with the results if I knew we were actually trying to win. The boos are not for the team or the players individually - they are for the manager and the manner in which he thinks this team should be playing!

We could have the famous five, pele, dalgleish, bobby moore any permutation of the best players in the world - past or present - and Pat would still not be able to make them into a successful team.

Time for him to move on!

:agree:

That is the crux of the matter and I've been saying exactly the same thing since December last year.

Bobby's Cinema
18-08-2013, 09:31 AM

Yesterday was as bad as any Calderwood performance. And that's not easy

chrisski33
18-08-2013, 09:53 AM

Time for him to move on!

hear hear!

Bristolhibby
18-08-2013, 10:00 AM
This. If Zemamma was the answer he'd be sticking down south. Can we not even get a player in on loan from the premiership?

McGivern was Premier, Sparky was Premier.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Fenlons only two interviews away from a crisis.

Paisley Hibby
18-08-2013, 11:02 AM

He's had nearly 2 years of support from the board and fans and still hasn't turned things round. That's because he's incapable of doing so (IMO).

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 11:10 AM
As a mate said to me yesterday it tells you something when the players don't even look like they want to play to keep him in a job especially when some of them have only just signed for him. Lost the players, lost the support, lost the plot, should now lose his job.

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 11:18 AM

If you are happy to watch the pish that the manager is serving up at ER then crack on.

Fenlon Out Now.

K.Marx
18-08-2013, 11:54 AM

You think we may be copying our neighbours and the lesser greens by basing attendances on season tickets + walk ups as opposed to number of fans through the turnstiles? I'd be amazed if 9,000 turned up given the widespread feeling of resentment towards the club at the moment.

Keith_M
18-08-2013, 02:56 PM

You honestly think Fenlon is better for the club than Calderwood? I'd really be interested in your reasoning on this.

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I thought the seagulls spoke more sense.

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Picked the wrong team again today. Just how poor will crowds have to get before Petrie discovers his spine and gets rid. We're just drifting.If he had one of those he'd be away too.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm pleased he saw the 1st half in the same light as me, we were poor!

Pat is a nice guy but when it comes to managing at this level, its way beyond his capabilities. Players should be playing with effort & desire etc but if you're constantly playing out of position or with tactics that don't suit you as an individual and your style of play, it becomes very easy to get in the mood of I won't bother playing for him today.

The only time we saw fight from the team was involving the off the ball incident involving KT and Gunning or is frustration boiling over with how things are with our manager?

heretoday
18-08-2013, 03:26 PM

I completely agree. We've had too many managerial changes in the last few years and for once we should suck it up and get behind the team.

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 03:37 PM
I completely agree. We've had too many managerial changes in the last few years and for once we should suck it up and get behind the team.Peoples continued acceptance of such poor standards is exactly why those running Hibs keep thinking they can get away with serving up the pish that they do.

Brightside
18-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Im fully behind the team. But like many of them I'm fed up with boring, defensive football. Lets be clear Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee Utd were piss poor those 3 games and we didnt put a team out to try to beat them. He's totally ruined the confidence of a young boy by playing him and hooking him when he's being ripped apart. Mullen was almost in tears when he came off - yet Fenlon knew he was putting him up against a top class winger. He continues to force players to play in alien positions to them. Craig now looks like the most confused players i've ever seen. Why sign OTJ and Craig if you arent going to play a system for them? We are talking about players who were stand-outs for their old team and now suddenly people think they are rubbish!?! It is not acceptable for a Hibs manager to do this to our team and Im sick of people wanting to stick by him cause he's a nice guy. Nice guys win Hee-Haw.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Im fully behind the team. But like many of them I'm fed up with boring, defensive football. Lets be clear Motherwell, Hearts and Dundee Utd were piss poor those 3 games and we didnt put a team out to try to beat them. He's totally ruined the confidence of a young boy by playing him and hooking him when he's being ripped apart. Mullen was almost in tears when he came off - yet Fenlon knew he was putting him up against a top class winger. He continues to force players to play in alien positions to them. Craig now looks like the most confused players i've ever seen. Why sign OTJ and Craig if you arent going to play a system for them? We are talking about players who were stand-outs for their old team and now suddenly people think they are rubbish!?! It is not acceptable for a Hibs manager to do this to our team and Im sick of people wanting to stick by him cause he's a nice guy. Nice guys win Hee-Haw.

Good post:agree:

Andy74
18-08-2013, 05:45 PM

What was defensive about playing 3 players who are forwards and 2 of the midfield 3 who you would say were more attacking midfield players than defensive ones?

You might also be aware that we have had probably 3 of our usual back 4 injured as well as our usual wide players. With squad sizes as they are there is going to be a great deal of having to play some players in positions that may not be their first choice.

We may not attack cohesively or at pace and that's a big issue but I don't think we need all this other stuff made up just so we can continually beat the manager with it.

Hibercelona
18-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I keep hearing the term "defensive football". Defensive football means being able to keep clean sheets.

We're playing neither attacking or defensive football. We're playing "no football".

Brightside
18-08-2013, 06:02 PM
What was defensive about playing 3 players who are forwards and 2 of the midfield 3 who you would say were more attacking midfield players than defensive ones?

You might also be aware that we have had probably 3 of our usual back 4 injured as well as our usual wide players. With squad sizes as they are there is going to be a great deal of having to play some players in positions that may not be their first choice.

We may not attack cohesively or at pace and that's a big issue but I don't think we need all this other stuff made up just so we can continually beat the manager with it.

3 players who are forwards. and 2 of the midfield 3 who are attack minded...yet we are creating almost nothing. So the system was obviously wrong. Its the job of the coach to fix that pre - during - and post a game. He continually moved Craig from Left to Right?? He told Handling to hold back to cover for a player who has been chucked into games he's not up to yet. So we still ended up trying to punt it to Collins.

The players again looked lethargic, off the pace and in some cases unwilling to attack the 2nd ball. Again its the coach who fixes that.

Im not sure why you think we were missing 3 of our back 4? McGivern was fit enough to come on and play left back for 60 mins...therefore he must have been fit enough to play. Nelson and Hanlon are the first choice CBs at the moment (though i probably wouldnt have dropped Forster) The only player who may be missing is Clancy who in all honestly has never been fit enough to claim he is part of our usual back 4.

The squad we have is easily good enough to be top 3 this season.

Really Andy who else is at fault if not the manager?

Callum_62
18-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I actually like Fenlon - and want him to succeed here

A few factors are playing a role in what is pretty rank football to watch

I think that was an interview that I actually liked. He was right too - we didn't work nearly hard enough 1st half

There was passion and aggression there - everything the players lacked until KT was sent off

To be honest tho, it sounded like an interview the manager gives when he knows his head is on the chopping block

I dont think theres anyway back for him....to many of our support have given up on him....even a few wins in a row wouldn't change peoples minds

I think he might be here till end of this month before being replaced

fatbloke
18-08-2013, 06:09 PM
maybe he should be asking the question " why are my players not listening to me "

My feeling is that some players want rid of PF.

Gustavo Fring
18-08-2013, 06:24 PM

my feeling is that most fans want rid of him too so why is he still here ?

Hibercelona
I actually like Fenlon - and want him to succeed here

A few factors are playing a role in what is pretty rank football to watch

I think that was an interview that I actually liked. He was right too - we didn't work nearly hard enough 1st half

There was passion and aggression there - everything the players lacked until KT was sent off

To be honest tho, it sounded like an interview the manager gives when he knows his head is on the chopping block

I dont think theres anyway back for him....to many of our support have given up on him....even a few wins in a row wouldn't change peoples minds

I think he might be here till end of this month before being replaced

He's had nearly 2 years and "nothing" has changed. I don't think it's all down to Fenlon though. A change in manager isn't instantly going to change everything, because as you say, there are other factors involved. Some obvious, some not so obvious.

Hibby 2005

What I witnessed yesterday was exactly that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Fenlons time has come and gone, theres something rotten at the heart of the club, though sussing out what it actually is is the difficult part.

Andy74
18-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Which ones?

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Which ones?

Going on that performance yesterday, most of them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Had a wee look on the bounce and saw this - Lob and fenlon are being lined up for the shamrock rovers job. - Don't know is there is any truth in it though:greengrin

Zazu62
18-08-2013, 08:54 PM
We are going nowhere under him. Fenlon out

BH Hibs
18-08-2013, 09:11 PM

If that's the case then they can **** off as well

Springbank
18-08-2013, 10:01 PM

Real world calling andy74

Springbank
18-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Andy74 seriously mate? Fml that is astounding

7-0 plenty ok for you is it?

1-5?

Losing against a rump hearts???

Ffs pats only staying for the money he's got no soul or professional pride (Malmo etc)