PDA

View Full Version : Crawford Allan - Referee!!

Hedlund12
17-08-2013, 06:13 PM
For once........... it wasn't someone in a Hibs jersey who was the worst performer on the park Is it just me or was todays ref a bad example/excuse for a referee......

tamig
17-08-2013, 06:41 PM
For once........... it wasn't someone in a Hibs jersey who was the worst performer on the park Is it just me or was todays ref a bad example/excuse for a referee......

I know him and hes a decent guy but he had a shocker today.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Said at the game if he booked Thomson and Gunning nothing more would've happened.

Sending them both off made him completely lose control of the game

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Said at the game if he booked Thomson and Gunning nothing more would've happened.

Thomson grabbed the Dundee Utd player by the throat didn't he?

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Thomson grabbed the Dundee Utd player by the throat didn't he?

Couldn't see my eyesight is pish.. I did notice he had a yellow out and then decided to change his mind.

Hedlund12
17-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Sending both players off seemed to work in Hibs favour - we should maybe play with 10 men more often :wink:......... doesn't change the fact though that he did have a shocker/howler....

500miles
17-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Thomson grabbed the boy by the shirt and swung at his face which was either to grab him by the throat, or punch him. Absolute idiot, deserved his sending off, and should severly fined.

hibsbollah
17-08-2013, 06:51 PM
From where I was sitting Thomson grabbed the guy by the throat and started shaking him about after the boy left his foot in.
Not sure we have any complaints about the red, although I'll wait till seeing the highlights before being sure.

ozzie
17-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I know him and hes a decent guy but he had a shocker today.

settle an argument for me then, is he from edinburgh? i was sure he was, my hubby kept saying hes deff from dundee and when i said i thought he was from edinburgh his reply was what with a name like crawford!!!!!! poor argument i know.

budgiemcb
17-08-2013, 06:58 PM
The ref saved Fenlon's job for another week as if he hadn't sent Thomson off, there was no way Hibs were getting back into that game.

Not only did it seem to have the team angry, Handling having to go out wide and Craig playing in the centre mid changed the shape of team and got us going. How Vine made to 80 mins tho I'll never know.

Billy Whizz
17-08-2013, 06:59 PM
The ref saved Fenlon's job for another week as if he hadn't sent Thomson off, there was no way Hibs were getting back into that game.

Not only did it seem to have the team angry, Handling having to go out wide and Craig playing in the centre mid changed the shape of team and got us going. How Vine made to 90 mins tho I'll never know.
Vine didn't last for 90 mins, he was subbed for Stanton

tamig
17-08-2013, 07:00 PM
settle an argument for me then, is he from edinburgh? i was sure he was, my hubby kept saying hes deff from dundee and when i said i thought he was from edinburgh his reply was what with a name like crawford!!!!!! poor argument i know.
Hes from aberdeen originally.

Sean1875
17-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Pretty sure he lives in Edinburgh now though so you're half right! His daughter was in my year at school :aok:

budgiemcb
17-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Vine didn't last for 90 mins, he was subbed for Stanton

Numbers on the iPhone too close together! I did mean 80 mins.

Iggy Pope
17-08-2013, 07:09 PM

A Crawford would be much more likely to come from refined Edinburgh than Dundee. Were there any of those in the Broons?

Swedish hibee
17-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Agree, the ref was shocking :rolleyes: As was the Utd players who hit the deck every 5 mins :bitchy:

ozzie
17-08-2013, 07:40 PM
A Crawford would be much more likely to come from refined Edinburgh than Dundee. Were there any of those in the Broons?

:greengrin

Ricky Bobby
17-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Another referee who believes that when somebody hits the turf it must be a foul. A very poor performance today summed up by United being given a free kick after the sendings off.

SkintHibby
17-08-2013, 09:01 PM
The most boring aspect about Hibs.net is the weekly referee gripe.

Refereering in Scotland is really quite good. GET OVER IT!

nonshinyfinish
17-08-2013, 09:07 PM

Indeed, plenty folk in Edinburgh with a surname for a first name.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Indeed Sinclair :greengrin

brog
17-08-2013, 09:52 PM

You really believe that? The difference between England & Scotland is IMO like night & day. In Scotland they're officious, talk down to players & seem to think that booking players is the only way to keep control. The only consolation is Charlie Richmond & Alan Freeland are history!

Ricky Bobby
17-08-2013, 09:58 PM

Really? I take you did not catch the Dortmund v Malaga champions league quarter final last season?
Inept does'nt even begin to describe our officials.

Geo_1875
18-08-2013, 07:01 AM
How he could give a free kick to their goalie when he had his back to the incident and the linesman didn't flag is a mystery. He gave so many decisions on player reactions rather than what he actually saw. Poor all round performance.

Onion
18-08-2013, 07:13 AM
Why did the Utd player get sent off ?

lucky
18-08-2013, 07:34 AM
The Utd got sent off for the ridiculous challenge that led to KT reacting

Titch
18-08-2013, 07:37 AM
10856 looks like a red to me
Why did the Utd player get sent off ?

hibs4thecup1988
18-08-2013, 08:23 AM
10856 looks like a red to me

That looks horrendous. Where the hell is the ball?

God Petrie
18-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Hammer throwers - the Dundee Hearts.

Callum_62
18-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I dont think the utd player got sent of for the challenge.

We didnt even get the freekick, so the tackle was seen a legit

was a high follow through tho....but i didnt see any punches thrown etc on the highlights

clerriehibs
18-08-2013, 08:39 AM
The Utd got sent off for the ridiculous challenge that led to KT reacting

No he didn't - or they wouldn't have got the free kick. It must have been for his reaction to Thomson's reaction.

Alternatively he did get sent off for the kung-fu kick and the referee's another ass.

I can't believe they're not made to explain contentious decisions. All the talk about goal-line technology, and the approach to refereeing remains 19th century.

Danderhall Hibs
18-08-2013, 08:48 AM

:agree: I know quite a few Scott's.

Pray4Marc
18-08-2013, 09:06 AM

Not only did it seem to have the team angry, Handling having to go out wide and Craig playing in the centre mid changed the shape of team and got us going. How Vine made to 80 mins tho I'll never know.

I said exactly this just after the game, we actually benefitted from the sending offs. As you can imagine the keyboard warriors where out in force. "It's clear to see who was at the game and who wasn't". A warrior at his best.

MSK
18-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I said exactly this just after the game, we actually benefitted from the sending offs. As you can imagine the keyboard warriors where out in force. "It's clear to see who was at the game and who wasn't". A warrior at his best.Not the first time you have came out wi yer "keyboard warriors" guff ..wanna give it a rest now !!

Geo_1875
18-08-2013, 09:14 AM
The United player cleared the ball and decided to catch KT with his follow through. It looked like a deliberate second movement at the time and how the referee and the linesman both missed it I don't know.

Hedlund12
18-08-2013, 11:16 AM

1) My post wasn't about refereeing in Scotland 2) The post was about yesterdays referee IMO having a p**s poor game. (Referees are human and have good and bad days - yesterday - again IMO - was a bad day at the office for Crawford Allan!!) When I see the highlights he might have been justified in his decision to send both players off but my post wasn't based on that decision. From what I saw I feel that as above "HE HAD A P**S POOR GAME!!"......And for what its worth Craig Thomson had a very good game in the Derby last week(and I like him as a referee!) but I think I must have missed the Hibs fans having their boring weekly referee gripe on Hibs.net.............................. not to worry I AM OVER IT!!

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 11:19 AM
For once........... it wasn't someone in a Hibs jersey who was the worst performer on the park Is it just me or was todays ref a bad example/excuse for a referee......Is there a decent one?

Hedlund12
18-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Is there a decent one?
As above I like Craig Thomson! Don't always agree with his decisions but I think he is a decent referee. All down to personal opinions!!

Geo_1875
18-08-2013, 12:56 PM
He's proved in enough games not involving Hibs that he just not very good. That is not to say he is the most unbiased arbiter when we are involved.

Boyle89
18-08-2013, 01:02 PM
You really believe that? The difference between England & Scotland is IMO like night & day. In Scotland they're officious, talk down to players & seem to think that booking players is the only way to keep control. The only consolation is Charlie Richmond & Alan Freeland are history!
How is Alan Freeland not censored?! I still have nightmares about that Falkirk game.

brog
18-08-2013, 01:08 PM
How is Alan Freeland not censored?! I still have nightmares about that Falkirk game.

IIRC he did give us the famous Matty Jack penalty vs Dundee Utd but you're right, by far the most incompetent ref I've ever seen.

Purple & Green
18-08-2013, 02:23 PM
IIRC he did give us the famous Matty Jack penalty vs Dundee Utd but you're right, by far the most incompetent ref I've ever seen.

A ref supervisor these days, I think.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 03:19 PM
As above I like Craig Thomson! Don't always agree with his decisions but I think he is a decent referee. All down to personal opinions!!

Well you might.

Suburban Hibby
18-08-2013, 04:14 PM

I see your Freeland and raise you Toner- is he still refereeing? Remember him sending off Stevie Crawford @ Paisley that was beyond belief!

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...Willie Young!

JimBHibees
18-08-2013, 06:37 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Paisley Hibby
18-08-2013, 07:31 PM

I didn't think he was that bad to be honest. If the sending off is what annoyed you then it's Thomson you should be angry with. I don't think he gave the referee any choice. A player with his experience should know better. Having said that, thank god he got himself sent off!

davhibby
18-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I didn't think he was that bad to be honest. If the sending off is what annoyed you then it's Thomson you should be angry with. I don't think he gave the referee any choice. A player with his experience should know better. Having said that, thank god he got himself sent off!

Even if you leave out the reds, he didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and just ran about and blew his whistle when someone fell over

MADE IN LEITH
18-08-2013, 08:48 PM

Gotta agree with that :agree:

hibby6270
19-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Interesting that some of you recall the Alan Freeland game against Falkirk in 2006.

See who was booked for Hibs that day in the 19th minute and eventually sent off for a second yellow.

Also who was sent off for Falkirk in the 23rd minute without a red card being shown.

That was all before the phantom sending off (O'Donnell) that nearly didn't happen.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/bairns-find-points-amid-red-mist-1-1415459

How times have changed - NOT!! :wink: :greengrin