PDA

View Full Version : missed the game

cloudy
17-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Missed the game today reading some mixed reviews was this a good point or 2 points dropped? Glad to see handling getting a run and getting good comments, still no game time for Caldwell though was he on the bench? Except for handling was ther any other positives or still boring negative tactics and pat still has to go?

danhibees1875
17-08-2013, 05:51 PM
There were positives and negatives to the game but any draw at home is 2 points dropped.

The_Exile
17-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Handling was superb, amazed Caldwell isn't getting some game time tbh, considering he's a striker and that's where we're struggling to make anything happen. I've been to all home games and Tynie last week and honestly, we're not a bad team, we lack quality in the final third, or at least, delivering something of substance in the final third, we badly, badly need a creative player/winger. Also, draw was a fair result I felt, both teams look as though they are fairly equal talent wise, we were stronger in the middle, they were stronger going down the flanks.

jeffers
17-08-2013, 06:10 PM
From some of the posts I've been reading I don't think I can have been at the game either (or at least the same game.) I've read there wasn't a bad performer in a Hibs jersey and Handling was superb. Well for the former I'll give you Rowan Vine who was dreadful and for the latter can someone who thinks Handling was superb actually tell me what he did that was superb ? Granted he run about a lot and came on to a better performance in the second half, but for me never superb.

The first half was a bad as anything I've seen this season in the league, I counted one shot on target. The second half got better after the sending off, but I can't say I saw anything to suggest we are making progress.

h1bs4life
17-08-2013, 06:24 PM
From some of the posts I've been reading I don't think I can have been at the game either (or at least the same game.) I've read there wasn't a bad performer in a Hibs jersey and Handling was superb. Well for the former I'll give you Rowan Vine who was dreadful and for the latter can someone who thinks Handling was superb actually tell me what he did that was superb ? Granted he run about a lot and came on to a better performance in the second half, but for me never superb.

The first half was a bad as anything I've seen this season in the league, I counted one shot on target. The second half got better after the sending off, but I can't say I saw anything to suggest we are making progress.

Got agree , must have been at a different game as well. Players superb , 8 and 9's in players ratings? The 1st hour was awful , Dundee Utd are not a particularly good side . but were better for long spells. Manager has not got a clue , no idea why Caldwell cant get a run. Subs are baffling nothing positive to try and win a game , said to mate before the game he will bring Sam Stanton on in 80 minutes wasnt far wrong it was 77 minutes.

O'Rourke3
17-08-2013, 06:38 PM
First half was the worst so far this season. Pre match interview from Pat was that we need to attack more and the players were being given the freedom to do just that.

Mullen was having a nightmare against GSM. Their goal, big ball right over the top again and everyone looked like their subbuteo models. Stevenson had a great game at RB which was good since defensively he was ok at LB but his crossing in from that side was awful....
Hanlon and Nelson both made decent interceptions against a pretty mobile forward line. McGivern added energy but wasn't too accurate with his passes. Thomson getting sent off finally allowed Craig to come and and look like a midfielder. Vine is having a nightmare, Collins needs support and clearly wants the ball played to his feet - no-one in the team seems to appreciate that given the height and the distance he had to move/jump to get it.

Danny Handling was lively the whole game, unfortunately he cannot pick out a pass or even hit a team mate sometimes- or we are under order to get forward quickly then come back on ourselves to let the opposition get back in numbers.
For a team with height, we don't seem to win headers in the last third or we over hit the cross.

Positives, Collins looks like a handful when he's got the ball at his feet. We need to control the energy Handling has to get him to make better choices. Good goal from Robertson. Great stop from Williams a minute or so before we got the equalizer. Sam Stanton looked good for the few minutes he was on.

The_Exile
17-08-2013, 07:30 PM
In reply to "what did Handling do?", the amount of times he bent his run to stay onside but never got the ball, the amount of time, ironically, that a ball over the top would have sent him clean through and it didn't arrive, his movement into the wings was pulling their defence about a fair bit, alas nobody really took advantage of it although did create space for the goal iirc, he didn't go on many mazy dribbles I'll grant you that. He was a couple of yards too quick for every other attacking player in green today. It's all about opinions, that's just what I saw.