PDA

View Full Version : Supporters today

Carheenlea
17-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I thought the support from the stands today was excellent. Despite a dreadful first half and going a goal behind the continued to encourage the players on. The fans played their part in willing us on to get the goal and you could see a marked improvement in our play in the latter part of the second half as confidence grew.

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I thought the support from the stands today was excellent. Despite a dreadful first half and going a goal behind the continued to encourage the players on. The fans played their part in willing us on to get the goal and you could see a marked improvement in our play in the latter part of the second half as confidence grew.

Agree with you mate about the support but we must improve on this performance and be more direct. Further, we have to be able to be consistent and play both halfs positively and that means us taking a grip of the game and being proactive rather than reactive. Some Leadership is needed on the park for us to achieve this goal.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2013, 05:31 PM
We need an update on what seems a nasty injury to the drum skin - Ross any news on your Tom-toms? ;)

jane_says
17-08-2013, 06:29 PM

Sorry mate but I just cant agree with this. Yes once Thomson went off there was a marked improvement but booing Mullen off, booing the team OUT for the second half and ironically jeering vine when he went off is ridiculous imo. Yes said players had stinkers today but can you really wonder why when they get booed every week. Not a nice atmosphere today at all.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Apart from when we booed young Mullen off, booed our team back on to the park, cheered when Vine was subbed and frequently told Stevenson to gtf we were outstanding. :wink:

clerriehibs
17-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Sorry mate but I just cant agree with this. Yes once Thomson went off there was a marked improvement but booing Mullen off, booing the team OUT for the second half and ironically jeering vine when he went off is ridiculous imo. Yes said players had stinkers today but can you really wonder why when they get booed every week. Not a nice atmosphere today at all.

Mullen wasn't booed off. The booing was aimed at fenlon's 'tactical' substitutions, which worked to be fair, against all expectations.

And bang in the middle of the east, I heard them getting a HT booing, but that was when they went off, not on their reappearance.

Onion
17-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Apart from when we booed young Mullen off, booed our team back on to the park, cheered when Vine was subbed and frequently told Stevenson to gtf we were outstanding. :wink:

Think you'll find most of that was ironic and aimed at the Manager.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:37 PM

No it wasn't.

Spike Mandela
17-08-2013, 06:37 PM

You can't beat an ironic Booooooooo!!!!!!:cb

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 06:42 PM

True, we got a goal with what I believe was one of only two or three shots on target in 90 mins.

lEXO
17-08-2013, 06:51 PM
At least they turned up. Did,nt like the ironic cheer when Vine went off or some of the stuff being shouted at the players, that's what happens unfortunately. Special mention to the guy behind me in the FF upper who moaned, booed and shouted abuse most of the game, but when we scored and the singing started was shouting for folk to sing. I think my ironic smile and laugh was lost on him. Well done to those who did turn up.

JollyGreenGiant
17-08-2013, 07:00 PM

Agreed, booing was because Fenlon again picked the wrong LB, and like last week, Mullen gets booked, he puts McGivern on and the crowd new Lewis was getting moved to RB.

LancashireHibby
17-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I started no less than eight chants in S43, so I'm happy with my contribution.

Chuck Rhoades
17-08-2013, 07:19 PM
We need an update on what seems a nasty injury to the drum skin - Ross any news on your Tom-toms? ;)

All of us meeting pre match before the next home game. We'll be there, regardless of PF still being in charge.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-08-2013, 07:25 PM
All of us meeting pre match before the next home game. We'll be there, regardless of PF still being in charge.

Cool we've missed ya - the lack if response to the Mothers attempts was unfortunate due to the tuning incident haste ye back!

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Were the fans not booing Fenlon for taking Mullen off.

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:31 PM
No it wasn't.

Ohh yes it was

jane_says
17-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Mullen wasn't booed off. The booing was aimed at fenlon's 'tactical' substitutions, which worked to be fair, against all expectations.

And bang in the middle of the east, I heard them getting a HT booing, but that was when they went off, not on their reappearance.

To be fair it was absolutely right to take Mullen off, he had a mare against GMS. But there was 'jambo b*****d' getting shouted as well. There was definitely booing when they came out for the 2nd half as well, not many but definitely some, I sit in 43 so don't know if it was just a few idiots in there???

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Ohh yes it was

How can you ironically boo?

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 07:41 PM
How can you ironically boo?

You could boo at people booing you for booing .

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 07:43 PM
You could boo at people booing you for booing .
Is it when you boo but smile and clap at the same time? :wink: :greengrin

HibbyKeith
17-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Were the fans not booing Fenlon for taking Mullen off.

This... That was my reason anyway.

Chuck Rhoades
17-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I was booing because you could see him calling LS over to RB which was a joke. Seemed to be just after the sub took place and the back four were moving when the booing started.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 08:17 PM
I think the booing was pretty much the only noise coming from the stands.

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Too many stirrers and wind up merchants on this thread, they should bolt and have an early night. :greengrin

Nighty Night. :wink:

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 08:28 PM
I think the booing was pretty much the only noise coming from the stands.

Fenlon Fenlon GTF was heard in the East.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-08-2013, 08:30 PM

:agree:

Andy74
17-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I was booing because you could see him calling LS over to RB which was a joke. Seemed to be just after the sub took place and the back four were moving when the booing started.

It was a joke? How did it work out?

GreenCastle
17-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Bring the drum back - :agree:

ER misses the singing section etc - even when Calderwood was in charge - this was the highlight of the season.

The boos were for Fenlon taking Mullen off and putting Stevenson right back - where he actually played very well against Utd's best player.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Heard that for definite. Not so sure that I heard consistent booing of specific players but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that I didn't hear it.

LancashireHibby
17-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Fenlon GTF was after their goal. Definitely bring the drum back as well.