PDA

View Full Version : James Collins

IFONLY
17-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Didnt realise Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles were in attendance today, MOTM DONT THINK SO.

bod
17-08-2013, 05:03 PM
perhaps his relatives sponsored the game.
you could tell by the silence after it was announced most thought couldn't believe it

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Well deserving of its own thread

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 05:05 PM
perhaps his relatives sponsored the game.
you could tell by the silence after it was announced most thought couldn't believe it

There was a stunned silence :greengrin

Should have been Handling or Stevenson imo.

HibbyAndy
17-08-2013, 05:14 PM
MOTM My erse.

Up The Bracket
17-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Hanlon for me

bookert
17-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Hanlon for me

And me, followed by Stevenson and handling

lugz
17-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Hanlon, Stevenson and handling all ahead of him but again I thought he worked hard made plenty runs and tried to get involved.

Still needs much better service!!

HibbyAndy
17-08-2013, 05:22 PM
he comes far to deep for my liking.

conway1875
17-08-2013, 05:29 PM
He was either going to have to come deep to get the ball and make something happen or be would have been completely isolated. I have no problems with a striker coming deep but when he does someone must go beyond

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 05:31 PM

Trying to get a touch.

frazeHFC
17-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Think he'd be good with a pacey striker next to him, but we don't have that.

NatureBoy
17-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Jury's out for me, think he has potential though.never MOM today mind.

CallumLaidlaw
17-08-2013, 05:35 PM

He didn't have much of a choice. Sparky used to do the same, but had more about him. He needs more support

bingo70
17-08-2013, 05:56 PM
He's a player. Not sure he was motm but surely everyone there could see his movement and link up play was excellent, rarely lost the ball.

I doubt very much if he'll score a bucket load of goals but if he can get a wee nippy striker to play beside him he'll be an excellent addition. Him and vine are too similar to play beside each other though imo.

hibbymark
17-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Still not sure about him. Early days and its not as if he is getting much service at the moment. Him and Vine dont work off each other at all though and right now im not convinced that he looks £200,000 better than Ross Caldwell. He works hard enough and is having to come deeper and deeper to get on the ball but I dont think he is a natural penalty box striker,and he isnt as big and strong as I thought he looked in any footage I seen of him before he joined or the quickest. The longer he goes without a goal the harder it will get for him but I honestly cant remember any meaningful attempts on goal in 3 games. If im honest for 200k im a wee bit disappointed so far.

bingo70
17-08-2013, 05:57 PM

A criticism often labelled at Steven Fletcher as well just before he left.

Ricky Bobby
17-08-2013, 06:00 PM
I thought he did very well today, great work rate and held the ball up well, had to come deep to get involved in the game. Handling and Robertson also had good performances and Louis in the second half is worth a mention. But overall Collins was as good a choice as anyone for MOM.

bingo70
17-08-2013, 06:05 PM
I thought he did very well today, great work rate and held the ball up well, had to come deep to get involved in the game. Handling and Robertson also had good performances and Louis in the second half is worth a mention. But overall Collins was as good a choice as anyone for MOM.

We've not had a midfielder that looked capable of scoring goals for years, today Robertson scored and Craig looked dangerous, there's no coincidence that happened when we finally played with a striker that could hold the ball up.

Heisenberg
17-08-2013, 06:11 PM
He's clearly a much better player than Vine. Never lost the ball and held it up well. Needs the ball in the box more to show off his best.

Greenblood70
17-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Feel he really suffers from the lack of genuine width in the team. He was touted as a player who needed decent service into the box to score goals. We haven't looked like doing that. Not overly impressed so far, but he puts a shift in.

Spike Mandela
17-08-2013, 06:46 PM
We've not had a midfielder that looked capable of scoring goals for years, today Robertson scored and Craig looked dangerous, there's no coincidence that happened when we finally played with a striker that could hold the ball up.

..................and we've scored 1 goal in 5 competitive games. I'm old fashioned I just want strikers that score goals and lots of them.

bingo70
17-08-2013, 06:51 PM
..................and we've scored 1 goal in 5 competitive games. I'm old fashioned I just want strikers that score goals and lots of them.

Hearts have not had a striker that could hit a barn door since Robertson but they've consistently finished above us over that period, why do you think that is?

I want the team to score goals, having a striker up front scoring 20 goals plus but in a pish team doesn't do it for me. Football's a team game, its not just about strikers scoring goals.

1two
17-08-2013, 07:34 PM
He was never MOTM
He done more chasing and running than any other player
Then again, he never actually won anything from it.

I haven't yet formed an opinion of him, I think the confidence is too low in our players right now and give Collins a goal or 2 we might see another side to him.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I think that he will come good and I would much rather have him as a first pick and try others with him, than try and force a partnership between him and Vine.