PDA

View Full Version : ****ing joke club

PONGO
17-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I couldn't give a **** if I,am barred from this site. Fenlon is a ****ing twat . The club is ****ed. Joke club embarrassing and most people on here need to wake up. I will not be back . Rather watch kids fitba on a Saturday that that *****.

stokesmessiah
17-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I couldn't give a **** if I,am barred from this site. Fenlon is a ****ing twat . The club is ****ed. Joke club embarrassing and most people on here need to wake up. I will not be back . Rather watch kids fitba on a Saturday that that *****.

Michty me what a blast.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Can't really disagree with any of that.

hfc rd
17-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Can't really disagree with any of that.

Neither can I. We really are in a very bad state.

Pete
17-08-2013, 03:59 PM
See you at the next cup final.

Hibbyradge
17-08-2013, 04:00 PM
lol

jakeshibs

stay away then, born a hibby and I will die a hibby

cabbageandribs1875

what exactly are you trying to say

;)

Golden Bear
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I couldn't give a **** if I,am baarred from this site. Fenlon is a ****ing twat . The club is ****ed. Joke club embarrassing and most people on here need to wake up. I will not be back . Rather watch kids fitba on a Saturday that that *****.

Eh not most people but there are still some. Fortunately they're now an ever dwindling minority.

Ell_Chrisso
17-08-2013, 04:02 PM
See you at the next cup final.

Pretty much, but I'm not surprised by his reaction either..

wether your a die-hard or not, these results and product on the park are totally unacceptable. Club is a complete laughing stock at present

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Highlight of ma weekend is watching my youngest play - he comes before Hibs! So, I think I agree :greengrin

Ozyhibby

Wish everyone would stop sitting on the fence. You need to say exactly what you think.:-)

green day

Are you more miffed about our point?

Is it because you wanted another week of speculation about PF job?

pontius pilate
I get how you are feeling I really do and I agree with everything you have said. The thing that gets me is the usual happy clappers will come out and say we got beat 3-0 from them last season and we have got a draw. Give him time to gel the team. Stay away etc etc. a lot of fans are horrified at what is happening to our club. Forking out £22 every second week to watch that dire excuse for what was allegedly attacking football is a farce. The time is now for the club to lay down a statement if intent and do sweeping changes if not we will be playing the rangers next season

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Wish everyone would stop sitting on the fence. You need to say exactly what you think.:-)

His post lacks a few of these "!!!!". Therefore can't be taken seriously.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2013, 04:07 PM
stay away then, born a hibby and I will die a hibby

Just 'cos he is choosing to stay away doesn't mean he is giving up on being a Hibby. He is hurting, same as a lot of us, he comes on here to voice his opinion and gets ridiculed for it. To all those poking fun at him - I ask you this --"Are you happy with the way things are at Easter Road just now ? " The op has stated his intention to stay away, how many more , not hurting enough / choosing not to do likewise are staying away ? Hibs really can't afford for this situation to continue. Solution ? - Get rid of problem - which is Fenlon and Petrie, one for not having a clue how to set the team out and obviously can't motivate the players , the other for all his duff managerial appointments for past, what, 10 years

Jones28
17-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Don't hold back mate, let it out! :greengrin

hibbybrian
17-08-2013, 04:10 PM

22 posts in 6 years and 2 in 2013 :wink:- I'm not surprised that you don't care if you're barred :greengrin

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 04:11 PM

Not winning games is frustrating but today I couldn't pick out one poor performer in our side. 2nd half we played well. Funnily enough we actually benefited from the sending off of one of our best players Thomson. Craig did well in the middle and we should have won the game.

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Not winning games is frustrating but today I couldn't pick out one poor performer in our side. 2nd half we played well. Funnily enough we actually benefited from the sending off of one of our best players Thomson. Craig did well in the middle and we should have won the game.

:agree:

You can tell who was at the game and who wasn't!

Mister P
17-08-2013, 04:13 PM
As Ive ranted many times on facebook. the BOARD need to have a long hard look at themselves. they have done an excellent job in making the club debt free (almost, but managable) and building a decent infrastructure.

they have also sacraficed any ambition from the football side of things, taking cheap option after cheap option. mowbray was a fluke, fact. every other manager has bombed. they have spent more money on payouts for sacking manager than they have invested in any of them!

fenlon is not failing, he is just out of his depths. but he has to go now.

as posters above have said, the board have to make their long term plans and goals absolutely clear, not some generic pish like they usually do.

we have a decent squad on paper, but a leadership team who cannot inject any ambition, drive, enthusiasm or even a basic game plan on match days. Sparky saved Fenlon last season, but with no goals in the team now he will be exposed like a Jambo in a nursery!

fenlon out!
board have to redirect their course or move on.

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I was at the game. The sending offs opened the game up and Craig and Robertson did well in the centre.

Hibercelona
:agree:

You can tell who was at the game and who wasn't!

And you can tell who was at the game and knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't. :wink:

We didn't "deserve" to win the game. If we did, we would have won.

gussyboy

great post

allezsauzee
17-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Did i miss a late Dundee united winner after the final whistle?

Aldo
17-08-2013, 04:15 PM

Mmmmmm.... Most folk on here are a joke..... Wonder how you know that as your never on here. Cheerio See ya in a year then.

PS. The guys out his depth yes but why the personal stuff?

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 04:16 PM
And you can tell who was at the game and knows what they're talking about, and who doesn't. :wink:

Maybe not deserve to win it but we had the chances in the last 10-15 minutes to win it. Like I said in another thread there were encouraging signs that we look like we actually know how to play football.

Golden Bear
17-08-2013, 04:17 PM

I wasn't at the game (support withheld) but I received a couple of texts from friends who did attend and their view is entirely different from what you say.

:confused:

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 04:17 PM
As Ive ranted many times on facebook. the BOARD need to have a long hard look at themselves. they have done an excellent job in making the club debt free (almost, but managable) and building a decent infrastructure.

they have also sacraficed any ambition from the football side of things, taking cheap option after cheap option. mowbray was a fluke, fact. every other manager has bombed. they have spent more money on payouts for sacking manager than they have invested in any of them!

fenlon is not failing, he is just out of his depths. but he has to go now.

as posters above have said, the board have to make their long term plans and goals absolutely clear, not some generic pish like they usually do.

we have a decent squad on paper, but a leadership team who cannot inject any ambition, drive, enthusiasm or even a basic game plan on match days. Sparky saved Fenlon last season,but with no goals in the team now he will be exposed like a Jambo in a nursery!

fenlon out!
board have to redirect their course or move on.

Manageable debt .. Some is deferred for re-payment. Where is the cash going to come from to pay for it? We are going to have debt for a long long time. Only time will tell if it is manageable - crap fit a and falling crowds would suggest it will be no easy task.

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I was at the game. The sending offs opened the game up and Craig and Robertson did well in the centre.

Just back from the game also, agree that they opened up the game, but the performance was mediocre though a very very slight improvement on last week. Again, I see no leadership on the park whatsoever and they better get their finger out and find someone who can create chances or we will toil.

Conclusion: Simply not good enough, the fans deserve better.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 04:20 PM
I was at the game and thought we were murder. But I'm grumpy as **** anyway :wink:

Stringer
Happy for fans like this to stay away. Booing and jeering at players like Stevenson/ Mullen won't help. Spoony got similar treatment and his confidence dipped. If fans got behind Spoony we might have kept our most creative player.

Mister P
Manageable debt .. Some is deferred for re-payment. Where is the cash going to come from to pay for it? We are going to have debt for a long long time. Only time will tell if it is manageable - crap fit a and falling crowds would suggest it will be no easy task.

fair enough, my point was that underd closer inspection they have squandered money on hiring and firing managers over many years now, so perhaps not quite as magical with money after all?

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I was at the game and thought we were murder. But I'm grumpy as **** anyway :wink:

Well we were until the sending offs! :greengrin

jakeshibs
17-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Just 'cos he is choosing to stay away doesn't mean he is giving up on being a Hibby. He is hurting, same as a lot of us, he comes on here to voice his opinion and gets ridiculed for it. To all those poking fun at him - I ask you this --"Are you happy with the way things are at Easter Road just now ? " The op has stated his intention to stay away, how many more , not hurting enough / choosing not to do likewise are staying away ? Hibs really can't afford for this situation to continue. Solution ? - Get rid of problem - which is Fenlon and Petrie, one for not having a clue how to set the team out and obviously can't motivate the players , the other for all his duff managerial appointments for past, what, 10 years

I am not ridiculing anyone, his statement was he will stay away and that his choice, we are all hurting and unhappy but not attending, does not help !!!! the club need money to be as successful as possible. You have your opinion on how to improve this current situation and also believe getting rid of Petrie as good business, I disagree with your opinion and am grateful for RP business sense as he has proved he has made money available when other clubs have nothing to purchase players. How can any one guarantee what any manager will provide, who would you have on our budget?? I want to see the best Hibs side possible but don't believe, protesting or staying away makes us stronger it only divides us and makes us weaker. we should stand together in difficult times. (my opinion only, as I will always support Hibs its in my blood)

jakeshibs
17-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Happy for fans like this to stay away. Booing and jeering at players like Stevenson/ Mullen won't help. Spoony got similar treatment and his confidence dipped. If fans got behind Spoony we might have kept our most creative player.

tend to agree

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Result today just leaves us neither backwards or forwards. Bits of it were ok especially the later bits of the game after we had scored. Things would look a lot different if we could play to that level for 90 minutes. On the current evidence, Fenlon isn't capable of pulling that out of the players.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I am not ridiculing anyone, his statement was he will stay away and that his choice, we are all hurting and unhappy but not attending, does not help !!!! the club need money to be as successful as possible. You have your opinion on how to improve this current situation and also believe getting rid of Petrie as good business, I disagree with your opinion and am grateful for RP business sense as he has proved he has made money available when other clubs have nothing to purchase players. How can any one guarantee what any manager will provide, who would you have on our budget?? I want to see the best Hibs side possible but don't believe, protesting or staying away makes us stronger it only divides us and makes us weaker. we should stand together in difficult times. (my opinion only, as I will always support Hibs its in my blood)

More money doesn't always mean more success....

Sometimes fans have to make a stand and force the board to either pull their fingers out or pass the club over to people who can cut it.

If I had the money, I could hand over 5 million pound to hibs right now and we'd still look crap each week.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:05 PM
The biggest joke right now is fans no backing the team. I honestly don't why people r surprise that we r sh*t I've been a hibs fan for 25 years and your lucky if we had 7 good season in that time, it's nothing new. The way the crowd r we will win more games on the road than at Easter rd.

RoYO!
17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
No matter how bad I felt I would never refer to Hfc as a 'joke club'

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:07 PM
The biggest joke right now is fans no backing the team. I honestly don't why people r surprise that we r sh*t I've been a hibs fan for 25 years and your lucky if we had 7 good season in that time, it's nothing new. The way the crowd r we will win more games on the road than at Easter rd.

So fans should just shut up and accept this then?

I tell you, the club don't deserve the die hards who continue to return week in week out.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:13 PM
So fans should just shut up and accept this then?

I tell you, the club don't deserve the die hards who continue to return week in week out.

Clearly booing players is no helping, there's guys in the team that have played 3 games for us and crowd on top off them already.

Emerald
17-08-2013, 05:13 PM

It really gets on my nerves when folk blame the fans for the mess we're in. The Hibs support have more than backed their team and they are now sick to the ...king back teeth with the crap we're paying £400 to watch. Fans have now got every right to have a go.

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 05:16 PM
The keyboard warriors want to stay away, that's fine. Keep the negativity on here. We will improve without you.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:17 PM
It really gets on my nerves when folk blame the fans for the mess we're in. The Hibs support have more than backed their team and they are now sick to the ...king back teeth with the crap we're paying £400 to watch. Fans have now got every right to have a go.

Surely you could see it was all negative the day so clearly it no helping the players.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:19 PM
The keyboard warriors want to stay away, that's fine. Keep the negativity on here. We will improve without you.

Totally agree.

Emerald
17-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Surely you could see it was all negative the day so clearly it no helping the players.

It was NOT all negative today, when Hibs started to play a bit of football they won the fans back and the fans were quick to respond to any possitive play. They were quicker to do that than be negative. Everyone at the game was desperate to have something possitive to cheer about. Playing negative football is what gets folk down. The fans are NOT the problem here.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:25 PM
It was NOT all negative today, when Hibs started to play a bit of football they won the fans back and the fans were quick to respond to any possitive play. They were quicker to do that than be negative. Everyone at the game was desperate to have something possitive to cheer about. Playing negative football is what gets folk down. The fans are NOT the problem here.

It took for the sending off for crowd to start singing, we're the supports its up to us to get behind the players no boo them. 3 games into the season it's all doom and gloom

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:27 PM

No. We'll improve with a proper manager and some ****ing guts.

If players can't step up their performances because their poor we souls can't deal with any of the booing, then they should have taken up curling or some other gentlemans sport.

Tricla
17-08-2013, 05:28 PM

What an awful, awful post. You'll not be missed.

Emerald
17-08-2013, 05:29 PM
It took for the sending off for crowd to start singing, we're the supports its up to us to get behind the players no boo them. 3 games into the season it's all doom and gloom

There was nobody around me booing any of our players during the game just frustration at the way we were playing but as soon as you rigtly point out there was some 'entertainment' the fans were right behind their team. Football fans don't need that much to get them onside but even Fenlon today admitted his players showed no fight until 60 minutes. That is not the fans fault . They pay a lot of money to follow the team and you can't blame them for this mess.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM
What an awful, awful post. You'll not be missed.

Get used to it . It's going to get worse later :-)

Tricla
17-08-2013, 05:30 PM

So every team that deserves to win a game always does?

You don't half post some codswallop like.

Pete
17-08-2013, 05:34 PM
No. We'll improve with a proper manager and some ****ing guts.

If players can't step up their performances because their poor we souls can't deal with any of the booing, then they should have taken up curling or some other gentlemans sport.

Being good by your own fans doesn't help and drains confidence.

You could ask players from Brechin and Barcelona if that's true and they'd give the same answer.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:38 PM
So every team that deserves to win a game always does?

You don't half post some codswallop like.

A team that deserves to win is a team that does absolutely everything it takes to force the outcome.

We don't deserve to win, because we're incapable of grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and forcing the outcome.

It's the difference between winners and losers. Winners actually win.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Being good by your own fans doesn't help and drains confidence.

You could ask players from Brechin and Barcelona if that's true and they'd give the same answer.

When you sign up for any club, you're working to earn the respect of the fanbase. So that one day, you can leave the club and be remembered as a hero.

Players that earn it, won't get booed.

clerriehibs
17-08-2013, 05:42 PM

Buh bye.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:42 PM
When you sign up for any club, you're working to earn the respect of the fanbase. So that one day, you can leave the club and be remembered as a hero.

Booing after 3 games is very unfair.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:44 PM

No it's not.

Players don't come to the club to get "settled in". They should be looking to impress straight from the start. Anything less and they don't deserve to win over the fanbase.

Golden Bear
17-08-2013, 05:44 PM

How about 18 months?

Emerald
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Make that 4 Years :agree:

Pete
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Maybe if people spent more time supporting and less time judging we'd be better off.

If someone is toiling they should be encouraged, not booed.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe if people spent more time supporting and less time judging we'd be better off.

If someone is toiling they should be encouraged, not booed.

If they're toiling, they shouldn't be here!

Aldo
17-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Some of us 'keyboard Warriors' you refer to have followed the team for a long long time. I went home and away for years but don't attend as often as I like because of young family and work.

So before you make comments like that know your facts and who you make comment to or about or just keep the comment to yourself.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:48 PM
No it's not.

Players don't come to the club to get "settled in". They should be looking to impress straight from the start. Anything less and they don't deserve to win over the fanbase.

Of course they do it takes most players to get settled into a new club

Alfred E Newman
I wasn't at the game (support withheld) but I received a couple of texts from friends who did attend and their view is entirely different from what you say.

:confused:

After the sending off Craig looked more comfortable in the middle and both him and Robertson did have a good last 20 mins. Another case of players being played out of position. As for the OP, he is obviously a specialist in twats.

Aldo
Totally agree.

Agree to what ... 19 posts since 2011. Yeah do one

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Make that 4 Years :agree:

I would judge the new players around Christmas to see if they were any no after 3 games

hibbypostie
17-08-2013, 05:52 PM

I agree thought craig was good in the second half but what was pat thinking taking robertson off he was the only hibs player that look like scoring

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I agree thought craig was good in the second half but what was pat thinking taking robertson off he was the only hibs player that look like scoring

Robertson had picked up a knock, that's why he was subbed.

1987kev
17-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Agree to what ... 19 posts since 2011. Yeah do one

And

Aldo
17-08-2013, 05:53 PM
And

And

bigwheel
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Robertson was taken off because he was injured. He signalled to the bench that he was finished..

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Some of us 'keyboard Warriors' you refer to have followed the team for a long long time. I went home and away for years but don't attend as often as I like because of young family and work.

So before you make comments like that know your facts and who you make comment to or about or just keep the comment to yourself.

I have also followed the team home and away. Instead of giving me grieve. Support the team and stop contradicting yourself. If your so upset about the situation keep it too yourself or you and your keyboard warriors speak in another forum? I despise negativity and will always support Hibernian.

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 05:55 PM

He was injured. Craig and Robertson looked very good in the middle, we should have got a second.

chorley_fm
17-08-2013, 05:57 PM

4/10 Must try harder, poor sentence structure and bad grammar.

Barney McGrew
Bear in mind that bored Hertz fans with no game today would need other things to keep them busy today.

Like trolling a Hibs website for instance.

Tricla

He was injured. What was Pat thinking!?

Emerald
17-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I would judge the new players around Christmas to see if they were any no after 3 games

I think most folk agree that most of the new signings are ok and we have a decent squad that is missing some injured players and a bit of pace and creativity. Not many are writing any of the new signing off although I do have my doubts about Vine, but I will give him time. The problem I have is with your comment that this bad play is the fans fault and it really really isn't. Hibs fans have been put through the mill with under performing teams now for years. In fact at your tender age you probably can't even remember a really good Hibs side. We have to set our sights higher than this and it isn't the fans fault, they will respond to effort. Danny Handling today said everything about how we should approach a game, young lad with skill fight, endevour. More of this please!

Aldo
17-08-2013, 05:59 PM
I have also followed the team home and away. Instead of giving me grieve. Support the team and stop contradicting yourself. If your so upset about the situation keep it too yourself or you and your keyboard warriors speak in another forum? I despise negativity and will always support Hibernian.

Ha ha PMSL. What makes you think I don't support Hibernian? Just because I challenge yur post and have an opinion. Negativity. So your happy with Fenlon. FFS I will post and say what I want and when I want.

Got yur answer now jog on

Pray4Marc
17-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Ha ha PMSL. What makes you think I don't support Hibernian? Just because I challenge yur post and have an opinion. Negativity. So your happy with Fenlon. FFS I will post and say what I want and when I want.

Got yur answer now jog on

The keyboard warrior is strong in this one.

Emerald
17-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Naw he's just a wookie :greengrin

Tricla
17-08-2013, 06:04 PM
If they're toiling, they shouldn't be here!

More guff from you.

hibbypostie
17-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Robertson had picked up a knock, that's why he was subbed.

Ah that explains it thought it was to crazy to be true

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Yeh, I can just hear Vaders breathing when he say's it....pure genius. :wink:

One Day Soon
Well there are a few t-shirts being ripped off and angst jiggling man titties being displayed on .net today.

I will content myself with observing three things. 1. Pat's not the man. 2. We are still pretty pi5h and certaibly a LOT more pi5h than we ought to be. 3. The arrival of a Hibs goal must be a major disappointment to a number of people who were getting right into the groove of bemoaning our failure to score.

In conclusion, we must continue to bear our Hibernian cross.

Aldo
Naw he's just a wookie :greengrin

How did you know I've not shaved for over a week. ;-)

silverhibee
Clearly booing players is no helping, there's guys in the team that have played 3 games for us and crowd on top off them already.

What players were getting booed today. :confused:

Aldo
17-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Of course they do it takes most players to get settled into a new club

What about Wotherspoon?

He lacked creativity and drive while playing in a Hibs top. He's been at St Johnstone for 5 minutes and appears to be one of their best players.

I could give other examples as well. But this whole "giving them time to gell" is complete nonsense. if they don't need it anywhere else, they certaintly shouldn't need it here either.

Hibrandenburg
17-08-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm beyond sick. The indifference I feel at the moment leaves me......well.......um..........indifferent.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 06:11 PM
More guff from you.

Unlike your own constructive replies right enough.

I at least give examples to back up my points of view. You just criticize people you don't agree with without actually offering anything constructive

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Go Hibs Go

Emerald
17-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Go Hibs Go

I know, I heard a survey said that 6 out of seven dwarves were not happy either :greengrin

Aldo
17-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Bear in mind that bored Hertz fans with no game today would need other things to keep them busy today.

Like trolling a Hibs website for instance.

I could think of a few.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Just because folk want Fenlon out doesn't mean we don't care about Hibs. I'll always support Hibs but I won't back the manager. This is a forum to say how you feel about Hibs. It's good you can be positive but if we all just fire our head in the sand and pat each other on the back leaving Fenlon in charge come end of the season on this form Hibs WILL be down.

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 06:17 PM
What did the donkey say when the owner called him Jambo
Heewaw Heehaw He always calls me that :cb

Tricla
17-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Unlike your own constructive replies right enough.

I at least give examples to back up my points of view. You just criticize people you don't agree with without actually offering anything constructive

I'm critical of your posts on this thread (and other equally misguided and negative posts on other threads IIRC) which are examples in themselves.

scoopyboy
17-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Is PONGO barred yet?

FWIW I thought the players buckled down really well after the sending offs.

Tricla
17-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Is PONGO barred yet?

As do I.

I thought that although they didn't play great for the most part you couldn't fault the commitment all game.

I think it'll come for this group of players and PF will stay.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Go Hibs Go

So after Fenlon and Petrie you now want Hibs to go too?

When will this ever stop?! :greengrin

Alex Trager
17-08-2013, 06:27 PM
I am going to ask on here. Why on earth is TT being subbed on again for Robertson when Collins is struggling up top? Someone tell Fenlon that the striker he has sitting on the bench will be a better sub. Very disappointing at the minute

Tricla
17-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Robertson was injured.

Alex Trager
17-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Robertson was injured.

If that's for me, that's not what I asked

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Is PONGO barred yet?

They buckled down well because we had two dynamic and creative players, Robertson and Craig, in the middle whereas before we had Thomson slowing everything down.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 06:31 PM

:tee hee:

hibbymick
17-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm still wondering what vine brings to the table.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 06:34 PM

He's probably wondering what our midfield brings to the table.

Emerald
17-08-2013, 06:37 PM

Hair in your soup :dunno:

scoopyboy
17-08-2013, 06:51 PM

It actually is what you asked.

Fife-Hibee
17-08-2013, 06:52 PM
What about Wotherspoon?

He lacked creativity and drive while playing in a Hibs top. He's been at St Johnstone for 5 minutes and appears to be one of their best players.

I could give other examples as well. But this whole "giving them time to gell" is complete nonsense. if they don't need it anywhere else, they certaintly shouldn't need it here either.
100%

Tricla
17-08-2013, 06:53 PM

You were saying that the striker on the bench would have been a been a better sub (on for Collins) instead of TT for SR.

Only flaw in that plan is that SR was injured so a replacement midfielder was needed at that point.

I thought Collins did fine FWIW.

He's a player and will score goals once this team settles which I believe it will.

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 06:54 PM

When Leigh comes back. :greengrin

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 06:56 PM

:I'm waiti

Golden Bear
Terry Butcher seems to have the knack of signing previously unknown players from the lower divisions and they gel together into a competent team almost straight away. It can be done!

Aldo

Ha ha. Don't get him started again Silver!

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Is PONGO barred yet?

Can't rely on players getting sent off every Saturday to get the players going Scoops. :greengrin

scoopyboy
17-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Can't rely on players getting sent off every Saturday to get the players going Scoops. :greengrin

Drat and double drat, I thought I had uncovered a plan Silv. :greengrin

At least Kris Boyd had the decency to deliver a right hook to Jim Goodwin so Killie have a player out next week as well.

Tricla
17-08-2013, 07:03 PM
What about Wotherspoon?

DW is one player fitting into an already established side. As was Rankin at Utd for example.

We've got quite a few new players who will take a bit of time to learn what each other are all about.

Different situation to DW going to SJ and having a few good games.

Sunny1875
17-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Sour Grapes

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Drat and double drat, I thought I had uncovered a plan Silv. :greengrin

At least Kris Boyd had the decency to deliver a right hook to Jim Goodwin so Killie have a player out next week as well.

Fenlons tactics for next week, "right lads who is taking a red card for the team this week, away oot and work your magic". :greengrin

Delighted to hear that about Boyd. :agree:

heid the baw
17-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Mmmmmm.... Most folk on here are a joke..... Wonder how you know that as your never on here. Cheerio See ya in a year then.

PS. The guys out his depth yes but why the personal stuff?

You would do well to listen to the people who are never on here....A 900 page thread on the hertz going bust with lots of utter pish spoken. Very sad

Some guy comes on and says how angry he is and it's cheerio then, have a word with yourself. He is spot on about people on here being a joke.

I stayed away today after Malmo and the derby. Saved myself £50 and was vindicated into the bargain. I will stay away next home game too.

People like the op Pongo (whoever he is) and me are the people that the club should be listening to. We want change and if they want my money they need to do something.

50,000 posts on Hibs.net does not make you a better Hibby than the next guy, it just makes you different. Whether different is good, I will leave up to the individual to judge.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Superb!

Derek Dougan
17-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Have to keep on ducking to avoid all the handbags being thrown about on this thread.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Ha ha. Don't get him started again Silver!

Source?!? :hyper:

Aldo
17-08-2013, 07:50 PM
You would do well to listen to the people who are never on here....A 900 page thread on the hertz going bust with lots of utter pish spoken. Very sad

Some guy comes on and says how angry he is and it's cheerio then, have a word with yourself. He is spot on about people on here being a joke.

I stayed away today after Malmo and the derby. Saved myself £50 and was vindicated into the bargain. I will stay away next home game too.

People like the op Pongo (whoever he is) and me are the people that the club should be listening to. We want change and if they want my money they need to do something.

50,000 posts on Hibs.net does not make you a better Hibby than the next guy, it just makes you different. Whether different is good, I will leave up to the individual to judge.

Another one of Pongos Pal's or Pongo in disguise.

So because Pongo shouts and swears at how angry it is we've all to take notice and are not allowed to make comment. These are the people that the club should be listening to.

If that's what you think then so be it. It's a forum your decision and your point of view/decision, regardless of how many posts you have.

It's clear you and your chums are on a wee fishing mission as your the 3rd one the nite to have a go.

That tells me one thing and one thing only..... A wee fishing trip.

Fwiw I want change like others so does that make me part if your wee gang as well.

Aldo
17-08-2013, 07:51 PM

Put IT away!! ;-)

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 07:51 PM

A horse at ER today.

Aldo
17-08-2013, 07:52 PM
A horse at ER today.

Neigh chance on that! :-D

heid the baw
17-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Fwiw I want change like others so does that make me part if your wee gang as well.

I'm not part of anyone's gang.

I don't have a season ticket, I am a walk up supporter for whom a home game is a 100 mile round trip. I can make my own decisions and I am deciding to stay away because I am unhappy with Fenlon and the indifference that the board are showing towards the current standard of performance and results.

You do what you like Aldo, I will do what I like....

Aldo
17-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm not part of anyone's gang.

I don't have a season ticket, I am a walk up supporter for whom a home game is a 100 mile round trip. I can make my own decisions and I am deciding to stay away because I am unhappy with Fenlon and the indifference that the board are showing towards the current standard of performance and results.

You do what you like Aldo, I will do what I like....

I always have and always will. Mind you folk on here are a joke ( direct quote from your previous post I do believe).

So why bother. :-)

Swedish hibee
17-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Is this thread for real :confused:

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Have to keep on ducking to avoid all the handbags being thrown about on this thread.

Sheer comedy

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 08:30 PM
ltyf

BT58
17-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Im sure there was a pongo in the hibs club about 30 years ago ,,,( memory not what it was )
He was mental, it surely cannae be the same guy ???
Bt

lapsedhibee
17-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I stayed away today after Malmo and the derby. Saved myself £50

Here's another couple of Top Tips in a similar vein:

Save money by not going anywhere on holiday and just staying in your own house.

Save money by not going out for a drink. Have a cup of coffee at home instead.

There's porbally more. :hmmm:

Mr White
17-08-2013, 09:45 PM
There's porbally more. :hmmm:
:agree: defurtley.

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Never a truer word said, the real problem is Fenlon can't or is unable to instil any positive football into the way the Hibs players play. The fans are unhappy and occasionally voice their displeasure but they are not the reason for the poor standard of football on show.

Hibernia&Alba
18-08-2013, 09:23 AM

No holds barred. It's primal scream therapy Hibs style; the catharsis of release! I would have probably done the same thing but for the late equaliser which papered over the cracks to some degree. Things look really bad just now, and the fans are entitled to be furious. We can't go on like this, as this thread highlights. Everyone is feeling the pressure.

clerriehibs
18-08-2013, 09:32 AM

The club should listen to the huffy stay aways, rather than the grin and bear it match goers who are putting their hands in their pockets?

Alex Trager
18-08-2013, 09:34 AM
It actually is what you asked.

I asked what the reason was for once again bringing a defensive midfielder on, I understand that Robertson was injured I asked why he was subbed with TT and not any other player, like a striker

Alex Trager
18-08-2013, 09:36 AM
You were saying that the striker on the bench would have been a been a better sub (on for Collins) instead of TT for SR.

Only flaw in that plan is that SR was injured so a replacement midfielder was needed at that point.

I thought Collins did fine FWIW.

He's a player and will score goals once this team settles which I believe it will.

On for SR, not JC. He could have sat behind Collins and helped out in the midfield

Waxy
18-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm still wondering what vine brings to the table.We'll after a couple of glasses,it helps me forget about football.

scoopyboy
18-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I asked what the reason was for once again bringing a defensive midfielder on, I understand that Robertson was injured I asked why he was subbed with TT and not any other player, like a striker

I knew exactly what you were meaning, I was teasing although if you read back that was what you were asking. :greengrin

With it being the third and therefore last substitution I had no issue with it.

IMO Caldwell should have been on for Vine early in the second half.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Ach the guy has a right to go mental if he wants. I dare say there are a few who could have posted the same.

For me it has never been ( and never will be ) a case of not going to watch / support the team no matter how bad they are. I'm a Hibs supporter and if I stop going to watch them when I can afford to do so then, in my opinion I have stopped being a 'supporter' and have become a Hibs fan .... I know quite a few folk who are Hibs fans, but dont go to watch because they have other things to do on a Saturday or prefer to watch their football on the telly, no matter how good or bad Hibs are. Thats not 'supporting' the club is it? The club get no money from them and no encouragement from the stands from them.

That does not mean that I will not vent my spleen on here or at ER if the club are failing to reach the dizzy hights I believe they should be capable of.

Go mental .... call for the managers head ..... shout sack the board. If you are putting your £20 in every other Saturday you have a right to be angry that the club are failing to give you your moneys worth or entertain you. If the club do finally turn things around you have a right to bask in the glory of their achievemnts because you helped to keep the club going through the bad ... lets face it 'terrible' times. Do you have that right when you did nothing to help them keep going when the chips were down?

This shouldnt be required if my post is read correctly, but I will stick it in anyway. This post is NOT aimed at people who cant go because of other commitments or who cant afford to go. These people are defacto 'supporters' if they would go if they could.

:tin hat:

brian6-2
18-08-2013, 10:12 AM
love a wee uberfan thread.

theonlywayisup
18-08-2013, 10:31 AM

You have every right to say what you say. How we react to the pain that is Hibernian Football Club will differ.

I am sure that there are a lot that have had enough.

For me, my mates and our kids - we are all very low at this stage. Despite having a ST for many many years, we are close to that point that says "stuff it, I will pick and choose my games".

What I want to know, Mr Petrie, is "why should I renew and spend around a £1,000 per season to watch such rubbish football"?

As someone said yesterday, something is seriously wrong at Easter Road that a club with our resources consistently peforms so poorly compared to teams with average attendances of around 3,000-4,000.

You are not wrong. We are a joke club. How lucky we are to have another one in our great city that is even more of one!

Phil D. Rolls
18-08-2013, 11:14 AM

The voice of reason has spoken.

Alex Trager
18-08-2013, 12:20 PM
I knew exactly what you were meaning, I was teasing although if you read back that was what you were asking. :greengrin

With it being the third and therefore last substitution I had no issue with it.

IMO Caldwell should have been on for Vine early in the second half.

I see. Well you have my bite :)

I think vine should be last in the list for the team. He is utterly useless imo. Looks uninterested to say least. All about opinions of course

MADE IN LEITH
18-08-2013, 12:22 PM

I have got to admit it, but I have been embarrassed many a time by Hibernian FC, especially over the last couple of years and it makes me cringe on the bus home and going into work the next day. I love and care about my club, but football isn't my life, far from it, my family is and there's nothing like watching your kids play football for the fun of it all.

Hence, I know were I'd rather be because there is no fun watching the current squad just now for what I witnessed yesterday even if it was a very, very, very slight improvement. To say I am disillusioned just now is an understatement and I feel numb of the way the club is performing both on and off the Park.

I know one thing, if things do not improve soon the attendances will continue to dwindle and Hibs will only get weaker and weaker which a great club with a fan base does not deserve. I think we are past the stage of being proactive or reactive, I think Hibs are in Limbo and have literally become apathetic in its most drastic form. I hope this is not the case and that this is a general view.

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2013, 06:44 PM
I have got to admit it, but I have been embarrassed many a time by Hibernian FC, especially over the last couple of years and it makes me cringe on the bus home and going into work the next day. I love and care about my club, but football isn't my life, far from it, my family is and there's nothing like watching your kids play football for the fun of it all.

Hence, I know were I'd rather be because there is no fun watching the current squad just now for what I witnessed yesterday even if it was a very, very, very slight improvement. To say I am disillusioned just now is an understatement and I feel numb of the way the club is performing both on and off the Park.

I know one thing, if things do not improve soon the attendances will continue to dwindle and Hibs will only get weaker and weaker which a great club with a fan base does not deserve. I think we are past the stage of being proactive or reactive, I think Hibs are in Limbo and have literally become apathetic in its most drastic form. I hope this is not the case and that this is a general view.

And yet strangely enough, I have never been embarrassed either by Hibs or to admit to one and all that this is the team I support.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 06:54 PM
And yet strangely enough, I have never been embarrassed either by Hibs or to admit to one and all that this is the team I support.

:agree: Me neither, pissed off, frustrated, angry but never felt embarrassed.

jgl07
18-08-2013, 07:11 PM

Goodbye and good riddance!

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 07:12 PM

I felt embarrassed on Saturday standing outside the West stand at 2 o'clock. :greengrin

Where were you Scouse. :greengrin

jgl07
18-08-2013, 07:15 PM

Vine for starters.

Iggy Pope
18-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Just back from the game also, agree that they opened up the game, but the performance was mediocre though a very very slight improvement on last week. Again, I see no leadership on the park whatsoever and they better get their finger out and find someone who can create chances or we will toil.

Conclusion: Simply not good enough, the fans deserve better.

Sorry I caught on late here but twenty past five on Saturday and you were just getting in??? Man. That M8 is getting worse.

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Vine for starters.

Never heard that, was the booing coming from the West stand, i thought fans were clapping at Fenlon for eventually taking Vine off.

Shields Hibee
18-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm not embarrassed to say I support Hibs. What frustrates me is we are seeing clubs like St Johnstone & Inverness CT performing better in the league than us yet have smaller crowds and budgets.

We've a chairman whose sole aim is to balance the books & appoint managers who make us a joke club as they don't have the tactical nous at SPL level. That tells me RP doesn't care about what's happening on the footballing front providing folk are coming along to ER as that =money.

If the set up at board level is a joke then it generally transpires the rest of the company will be the same. Sadly for us it is when you also bring in the recent kit fiascos & problems people have mentioned with the club shop since Nike started running it.

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Never heard that, was the booing coming from the West stand, i thought fans were clapping at Fenlon for eventually taking Vine off.

On 20 minutes just behind me in the East a couple started abusing Mullen and then Vine. Robertson got it in 24. Not as prolific as usual though :-)

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I felt embarrassed on Saturday standing outside the West stand at 2 o'clock. :greengrin

Where were you Scouse. :greengrin

In the Four In Hand watching the Liverpool game waiting for you to buy me a pint :greengrin

MADE IN LEITH
18-08-2013, 08:19 PM

I have been proud of their performances when they perform, but when they don't perform (which has been happening of late) I am both embarrassed for them and myself. Not embarrassed of being a Hibs Supporter but embarrassed of the state of the club at this point in time and what they are producing on the park. This must be interpreted the right way instead of being taking it out context.

Indeed, everyone gets embarrassed at times in their life in any given situation, but it doesn't mean you deny who you are or in this instance the club you support, hence THIS IS THE TEAM I SUPPORT and will always admit to that. But I wont stand back and say I have never been embarrassed of some of their performances, anyone who says they haven't are surely mistaken.

Hence, if you feel elated and proud when they play like kings and win a cup, then you surely must have a myriad of feelings when they play badly and lose a cup and probably lurking in among those feelings somewhere is embarrassment.

Lucius Apuleius
18-08-2013, 08:27 PM
I have been proud of their performances when they perform, but when they don't perform (which has been happening of late) I am both embarrassed for them and myself. Not embarrassed of being a Hibs Supporter but embarrassed of the state of the club at this point in time and what they are producing on the park. This must be interpreted the right way instead of being taking it out context.

Indeed, everyone gets embarrassed at times in their life in any given situation, but it doesn't mean you deny who you are or in this instance the club you support, hence THIS IS THE TEAM I SUPPORT and will always admit to that. But I wont stand back and say I have never been embarrassed of some of their performances, anyone who says they haven't are surely mistaken.

Hence, if you feel elated and proud when they play like kings and win a cup, then you surely must have a myriad of feelings when they play badly and lose a cup and probably lurking in among those feelings somewhere is embarrassment.

Nope, definitely never embarrassment. Disappointment is the usual feeling but definitely no degree of embarrassment.

MADE IN LEITH
18-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Nope, definitely never embarrassment. Disappointment is the usual feeling but definitely no degree of embarrassment.

Ah well mate, I beg to differ as there are some Hibs fans that have been and some that haven't been embarrassed.

But what matters most is the club and its fans. :cb

BH Hibs
18-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Like a lot of guys on here angry and frustrated would be the way I feel at the moment rather than embarrassed but at least that means we still care. It's when apathy sets in things become dangerous IMHO:flag:

blackpoolhibs
18-08-2013, 09:01 PM
I am not afraid to admit some of the results we have had have been embarrassing, and i have been embarrassed by them.

Cameron1875
18-08-2013, 09:01 PM
The only thing i'm embarrassed about is how that last 30 minutes on Sat can somehow buy Fenlon some more time!

A 1-1 draw at home against a team that will be bottom 4 isn't good enough.

That performance up until the Thomson red card was probably our worst of the season imo which is ridiculous considering they should have came out fighting. Seems like the players just want shot of Fenlon now and strangely enough it seems mostly like it's his new signings that feel that way:confused:.

Pete
18-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Ah well mate, I beg to differ as there are some Hibs fans that have been and some that haven't been embarrassed.

But what matters most is the club and its fans. :cb

I'll also have to disagree. I've never been embarrassed or cringed when facing others after a bad performance or moment.

You make the mistake of using logic to explain supporters emotions. Logic and football don't mix and if it did we'd all be doing something else. :-)

Damn right I'll take the glory and feel proud when we do something positive but when we do something negative I will go into defensive mode, become protective regarding the club and show defiance. Feeling any sort of shame regarding anything hibs is the last thing in my head.

In fact, the more I think about it the more mental it becomes. Maybe it's similar to behaving the way you would with someone you love. You're blind to and sometimes ignore their faults and back them to the hilt no matter what. Even if you know deep down they are imperfect or wrong in some way.

MADE IN LEITH
19-08-2013, 07:46 AM
I'll also have to disagree. I've never been embarrassed or cringed when facing others after a bad performance or moment.

You make the mistake of using logic to explain supporters emotions. Logic and football don't mix and if it did we'd all be doing something else. :-)

Damn right I'll take the glory and feel proud when we do something positive but when we do something negative I will go into defensive mode, become protective regarding the club and show defiance. Feeling any sort of shame regarding anything hibs is the last thing in my head.

In fact, the more I think about it the more mental it becomes. Maybe it's similar to behaving the way you would with someone you love. You're blind to and sometimes ignore their faults and back them to the hilt no matter what. Even if you know deep down they are imperfect or wrong in some way.

Fair enough, but there is no mistake in using logic, it is logical to assume that everyone is different and logical to assume that some people get embarrassed and some do not. Me and many others are not afraid to admit that while others simply don't get embarrassed. The point is, it is logical to assume that we are all different. But one thing is for sure, it doesn't make anyone person any less a Hibs fan who cares for their club.

I admire your point of view and how you put it across, but I think you will agree that anyone who is embarrassed about any given performance will still back their club to the hilt but will still voice their disappointment about performances or whats going on at the club. Its all about opinions and being democratic and showing the club that you care in a reasonable way. :agree:

MADE IN LEITH
19-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I am not afraid to admit some of the results we have had have been embarrassing, and i have been embarrassed by them.

Have to agree mate :agree:

MADE IN LEITH
19-08-2013, 07:49 AM
Like a lot of guys on here angry and frustrated would be the way I feel at the moment rather than embarrassed but at least that means we still care. It's when apathy sets in things become dangerous IMHO:flag:

I mentioned apathy in my post earlier and that is what we don't want.

Thecat23
19-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Reading through most threads it's pretty clear most of our support want him to go. I also can see the view of others saying we will still back the club no matter what.

What I will say though, remember that blind loyalty is not being loyal to the club at all. Too many fans stuck with CC for to long and that done more harm than good. I honestly think Pat should be fired and we can try to being in someone who will actually lift the mood and get us moving forward. How he's still here is beyond me if I'm honest.

steakbake
19-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Reading through most threads it's pretty clear most of our support want him to go. I also can see the view of others saying we will still back the club no matter what.

What I will say though, remember that blind loyalty is not being loyal to the club at all. Too many fans stuck with CC for to long and that done more harm than good. I honestly think Pat should be fired and we can try to being in someone who will actually lift the mood and get us moving forward. How he's still here is beyond me if I'm honest.

Sacking Pat would not just be a recognition of his failure. Others will have been deemed to have failed too. So it's not happening... as yet.

I think the board compartmentalise every season. Even the official club media is only talking about the first two matches of the season in connection with the downturn in form. No mention of Malmo, the Cup Final, etc. So as far as they are looking at, it's simply 3 games, 2 losses and a draw, 1 goal for and 3 against. Pat even said so the other week: comparing the 12/13 season opener v Utd with our 13/14 season opener.

Bostonhibby
19-08-2013, 08:24 AM

That's me too, have even managed to recruit 5 Lincs based fans of EPL and championship clubs to adopt us and to be fair they do come to games with me but its getting harder to get them to shell out the money and write off their weekends and it is down to what's on show/results. It was Hibs v Ross County or one of the biggest Beerfests in the country next weekend and the beerfest won!

Ray_
19-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Have to agree mate :agree:

Absolutely, when you get teams like Raith and Morton playing the likes of Bayern Munich and Chelsea in Europe and get far better results than we achieved against Malmo, it’s not only embarrassing it is insulting to the Hibs teams that done so much to give Hibs a once proud European history.

bigwheel
19-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Absolutely, when you get teams like Raith and Morton playing the likes of Bayern Munich and Chelsea in Europe and get far better results than we achieved against Malmo, it’s not only embarrassing it is insulting to the Hibs teams that done so much to give Hibs a once proud European history.

Jeez, if you're going back that far can we bring Liverpool , Leeds and Sporting Lisbon in to play ...come on...at least try to make comparisons that are reasonable....

MADE IN LEITH
19-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Got to agree, the Malmo result was embarrassing :agree:

GreenPJ
19-08-2013, 09:47 AM
The club should listen to the huffy stay aways, rather than the grin and bear it match goers who are putting their hands in their pockets?

Petrie knows what you think as a match goer. He doesn't know if he could turn people who have become disillusioned or apathetic.

hhibs
19-08-2013, 10:57 AM

This !

Hibernia&Alba
19-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Me too. I'd never be embarrassed to be a Hibs fan, but some individual results, the Yam final and Malmo, for example, have been deeply embarrassing. We should be able to punch our weight year on year, which never seems to happen any longer.

Ray_
19-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Jeez, if you're going back that far can we bring Liverpool , Leeds and Sporting Lisbon in to play ...come on...at least try to make comparisons that are reasonable....

Alright, the Scottish team with the worst ever European score is Hibs, achieved, this season, reasonable and current enough? The rest I also stand by.

MADE IN LEITH
19-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Me too. I'd never be embarrassed to be a Hibs fan, but some individual results, the Yam final and Malmo, for example, have been deeply embarrassing. We should be able to punch our weight year on year, which never seems to happen any longer.

Spot on mate, those 2 results were difficult to take and heaped with embarrassment. We should be punching our weight but at the moment we are well and truly not, we are playing like a bunch of lightweights with no confidence. :agree:

IberianHibernian
19-08-2013, 10:02 PM
My first Hibernian game was in about 1968 so I`ve seen a few good times and a lot of disappointing results . Not happy with present results or performances and take no satisfaction from saying I`ve seen much worse but think that 80% of complaints about current Hibs situation are more down to current situation in Scottish football ( almost no quality players , lack of competition , high prices ... ) and general economic situation than just Hibs` situation . We were nearly top of league after about 15 matches last season without being great but we had a good home record despite a limited squad . Injuries and suspensions took their toll and we fell down the league but even if we`d managed to repeat the results in the second 15 matches I doubt we`d have got much credit even from our own fans and crowds would not have been much higher than they were . Would love to see us playing more entertaining football but are other teams entertaining ? Ross County nearly made Europa League based on negative play that made us look like Brasil in the 70s while Celtic advanced in Europe thanks to negative play ( not a criticism in either case , it was their only option ) . Solution ? Noone knows ( maybe league needs to look at ways of rewarding attacking football - points for goals ? ) but meantime we ( Hibs ) have to do more to find and keep more players like Griffiths or Zemmama who really do make the difference in terms of entertainment . Embarrassment ? Noone likes losing 0v7 at home but we`ve got to be positive and hope that that result motivated everyone at club to make sure it won`t happen again . I remember leaving Tynecastle after first derby after 7v0 and folk stopping me in the street to ask me the score and I said we`d won 8v0 and people ( Hearts fans ) believed me even though we`d lost 4v1 . Time to be positive .

sahib
20-08-2013, 10:27 PM
What about Wotherspoon?

Do you think it's the fit or colour of the tops that is the problem?

Fife-Hibee
20-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Do you think it's the fit or colour of the tops that is the problem?

What do you think the problem is ?