PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson over McGivern AGAIN!!!

Deano_70
17-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Hate to be negative before a ball has even been kicked but when is Fenlon gonna open his eyes and start playing his strongest team!!!

McGivern gave us width last week when he came on.

The guy baffles me.........

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Hate to be negative before a ball has even been kicked but when is Fenlon gonna open his eyes and start playing his strongest team!!!

:agree: He baffles himself

Wotherspiniesta
17-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Can only imagine that McGivern isn't fit yet.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:46 PM
If McGivern is fit and feels he could have easily started and is very disappointed right now, then this decision is yet another BAFFLING one. What the hell does the man see?!

Deano_70
17-08-2013, 01:47 PM
He looked fine when he came on! He has been on the bench for 3 weeks. He must be fit. I would rather have 60 minutes out of McGivern than give Stevenson a start.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 04:37 PM
You have to start with your strongest eleven and see where that gets you.

Titch
17-08-2013, 04:43 PM
When Stevenson went to right back he had Mackay Steven in his pocket thought Lewis was one of our better players today

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:44 PM
When Stevenson went to right back he had Mackay Steven in his pocket thought Lewis was one of our better players today

Done really well.

BSEJVT
17-08-2013, 04:45 PM

Agree entirely

Mullen is honking though

Malthibby
17-08-2013, 04:46 PM

:agree: As poor as everyone else in the first half but stopped M-Steven completely in the second.

The Leith Dutch
17-08-2013, 04:46 PM
If he's bringing McGivern on after half an hour then he must think the guy's fit to play for an hour.

So why not start with him and then change to playing the left footed central midfielder at right back only when we absolutely have to.

To be fair to Lewis Stevenson he didn't do too badly but as a piece of management it was farcical and I certainly don't want to see him back there again.

As an aside - the guy next to me pointed out that it looked shockingly like Fenlon is just waiting for his pay off with Rod probably playing chicken with both him and the team's fortunes.......

Titch
17-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Agree entirely

Mullen is honking though

Once he was booked should have been hooked straight away against a player with Mackay Steven skill bound to get sent off so had to stand off not clever if your a right back

kentao
17-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Cant fault stevenson the day. Solid game in both positions. Its a shame he had to link up with vine who was rotten and craig who was only slightly better.

TAHibby
17-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Feared the worst at the switch to right back but he had a good game, like Philip Lahm after all.

God Petrie
17-08-2013, 04:50 PM
It really disappoints me that Stevenson is a target for criticism when he has been one of Hibs best servants in the last 10 years. A hero who deserves a testimonial and more appreciation for the tireless effort he puts in every single week.

He isn't an amazing football player but he is the type of player who is good in a good team and poor in a poor team and doesn't deserve half the abuse he gets.

FromTheCapital
17-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Stevenson had Mackay-Steven in his pocket the whole game! He was brilliant! :agree:

Andy74
17-08-2013, 04:52 PM

Would have meant starting Stevenson at right back. That would have gone down well!

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Would have meant starting Stevenson at right back. That would have gone down well!

No it doesn't, Maybury or Forster can play right back. :confused:

hibee_girl
17-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Stevenson was better than McGivern today, McGivern's crosses were shocking!

Up The Bracket
17-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Stevenson was outstanding today

Andy74
17-08-2013, 05:40 PM
No it doesn't, Maybury or Forster can play right back. :confused:

I meant that Stevenson didn't deserve to be dropped, and played very well today. McGivern has to work his way back in like any other player.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Stevenson was outstanding today

Outstanding?! Settle down! He was one of the better performers out of a largely poor bunch, but outstanding? Far from it.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Outstanding?! Settle down! He was one of the better performers out of a largely poor bunch, but outstanding? Far from it.

You must have good eyesight to have seen that from where you are :wink:

BTW McGivern was the man at fault for the lost goal and game at Tynecastle. Maybe that's why he started on the bench today

southern hibby
17-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Only game I missed pre season was against Gibralter. But from what ive seen and this is my opinion, I'n the games he has played since the cup final McGivern has looked like he has lost confidence. Hanlon played left back against malmo over there and I recal no real threat from our left coming over. Also when Hanlon played against Malmo at Easter Road he looked good at left back until Mcpake went off and he moved into central defence.
I am not against McGivern being on the subs bench and Stevenson I'n that position because as I have already stated McGivern does not look comfortable I'n this position the games he has played ( except today when he came on). Also I have noticed I'n closing last week at The PBS tommo was pulled out of position trying to help cover him which has happened several times now.
Maybe today is the start of a long run I'n the team for him, I for one hope so. GGTTH

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 09:11 PM
You must have good eyesight to have seen that from where you are :wink:

BTW McGivern was the man at fault for the lost goal and game at Tynecastle. Maybe that's why he started on the bench today

Watched it online bud, Lewis Stevenson is garbage. Today he put in a performance slightly above garbage.

Jonnyboy
17-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Watched it online bud, Lewis Stevenson is garbage. Today he put in a performance slightly above garbage.

Nonsense. You started a thread .........

Hibernian TV Xtra quality

Is anyone else in the similar boat in thinking that both the Motherwell and Dundee United game have both been terrible in quality! So pixelly, terrible camera work, it's so far zoomed out its hard to even make players out! Definetly needs to be more zoomed in!

Really not sure if I can continue paying 10 pound for such a poor product. Would love it if Hibs helped out and purchased a better camera!

No wonder you spout nonsense

lEXO
17-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Watched it online bud, Lewis Stevenson is garbage. Today he put in a performance slightly above garbage. Your post is garbage. You cant even give the guy a bit credit for nullifying their main threat even when he is played out of position. :aok: Edit. Just seen the above post, turns out you are just a slaver.

Simmyalva
17-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Stevenson was our man of the match today, asked again to play out of position and retired Mackel Smith from the game. We are talking about a lad who is not the most gifted but gives 120% week in week out, pity the fans could not do the same and encourage the team. The signs are there, probably the best squad we have had in four years. I cringe at our fans sometimes, booing, protests, etc, we are not the bigot brothers it's time to stop this negativity and give the team our full backing, if your not prepared to do that just stay away and come back when we are winning !!!!

California-Hibs
18-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Your post is garbage. You cant even give the guy a bit credit for nullifying their main threat even when he is played out of position. :aok: Edit. Just seen the above post, turns out you are just a slaver.

A slaver for stating that the Hibs stream was poor in quality? Away and do one pal. Stevenson is gash, and his rare, and boy do I mean rare, half decent performances don't change this point. Thankfully a lot of people now seem to be realizing how poor a player he is!

California-Hibs
18-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Nonsense. You started a thread .........

Hibernian TV Xtra quality

Is anyone else in the similar boat in thinking that both the Motherwell and Dundee United game have both been terrible in quality! So pixelly, terrible camera work, it's so far zoomed out its hard to even make players out! Definetly needs to be more zoomed in!

Really not sure if I can continue paying 10 pound for such a poor product. Would love it if Hibs helped out and purchased a better camera!

No wonder you spout nonsense

How do I spout nonesense not saying I watched the game online. What relevance does that have to my opinion on Lewis Stevenson?!..

lEXO
18-08-2013, 12:25 AM
A slaver for stating that the Hibs stream was poor in quality? Away and do one pal. Stevenson is gash, and his rare, and boy do I mean rare, half decent performances don't change this point. Thankfully a lot of people now seem to be realizing how poor a player he is!

How do I spout nonesense not saying I watched the game online. What relevance does that have to my opinion on Lewis Stevenson?!..
None really because you are a slaver. I go to games and comment on how players perform. He performed well today and does so more than folk give him credit for. He might not be everybody,s cup of tea but to say he performed just above garbage today is nonsense. Don't forget to wipe your chin.........................

proud_and_green
18-08-2013, 12:37 AM

Utter rubbish!

NGH
18-08-2013, 01:24 AM
I thought Stevenson did well today. Why he has picked up this gang of haters is something of a mystery to me. Lord knows there have been any number of not-very-good players at Easter Road in recent times who have deserved criticism but to put Lewis Stevenson in that bracket is myopically wrong-headed.

California-Hibs
18-08-2013, 01:29 AM
None really because you are a slaver. I go to games and comment on how players perform. He performed well today and does so more than folk give him credit for. He might not be everybody,s cup of tea but to say he performed just above garbage today is nonsense. Don't forget to wipe your chin.........................

My chins perfectly fine thanks, and he's garbage. McGivern should have been in there before him and hopefully next week he will. He wasn't the worst on the field today, but as usual, deluded fans like you (real slavorors) continue to accept mediocrity, now to the point where a player like Stevenson puts in a semi good performance and people rare about him like he's something he completely isn't. No wonder Hibs will continue to head nowhere with such deluded fans as yourself.

marinello59
18-08-2013, 06:25 AM
My chins perfectly fine thanks, and he's garbage. McGivern should have been in there before him and hopefully next week he will. He wasn't the worst on the field today, but as usual, deluded fans like you (real slavorors) continue to accept mediocrity, now to the point where a player like Stevenson puts in a semi good performance and people rare about him like he's something he completely isn't. No wonder Hibs will continue to head nowhere with such deluded fans as yourself.

If only every Hibs fan had your clarity of vision and superior insight. I really feel sorry for you having to share a stadium week after week with the deluded slavering mediocrity accepting masses. If every Hibs fan had your attitude we would be world beaters.

hibbymick
18-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Based on this thread fenlons next win should ensure him manager of the year award.

WestEndHibee
18-08-2013, 06:43 AM
If only every Hibs fan had your clarity of vision and superior insight. I really feel sorry for you having to share a stadium week after week with the deluded slavering mediocrity accepting masses. If every Hibs fan had your attitude we would be world beaters.

:top marks

PeterboroHibee
18-08-2013, 07:18 AM
I like Stevenson, I never used to be a fan but its important to have guys who can cover in the team. I also think most weeks he is fairly comfortable without doing anything particularly flash, scoring goals etc, which is probably what makes him an easy target when it goes tits up.

What concerns me is thats two weeks in a row Mullen has been hooked at, or before half time. It sounds like weve signed a right dud, and if Fenlon is pulling him off so early in games, I cant imagine he will be featuring again unless we are desperate. With Clancy injured as well, we dont really have options at RB - playing Stevenson there is fine for a game or two, but its not the solution, having a left footer at RB just messes up the balance of the defence. Maybe we can play Forster or Donaldson there (which I personally think would have made more sense in the first place than bringing in Mullen), but it doesnt seem like he wants to give either of them a chance now either.

Scouse Hibee
18-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Watched it online bud, Lewis Stevenson is garbage. Today he put in a performance slightly above garbage.Really? This means one of the following:

1. You did not watch the game at all.

2. Your stream was that bad, you couldn't really make out what was happening.

3. You have no clue about football and wouldn't know a decent performance if it slapped you in the face.

4. You dislike Stevenson and will never give him any credit regardless of his performance.

5. You're a football genius.

6. Most folk here slaver pish and haven't got a clue how to interpret what they have just watched.

7. You're on the wind up.

lEXO
18-08-2013, 09:24 AM
My chins perfectly fine thanks, and he's garbage. McGivern should have been in there before him and hopefully next week he will. He wasn't the worst on the field today, but as usual, deluded fans like you (real slavorors) continue to accept mediocrity, now to the point where a player like Stevenson puts in a semi good performance and people rare about him like he's something he completely isn't. No wonder Hibs will continue to head nowhere with such deluded fans as yourself.:top marksFor slavering

18-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Stevenson done brilliantly against m-Stevens. If Handling never knocked his pan for 90mins, always trying to make himself available for a pass, running past defenders even though he was totally knackered (and I think he even signalled to the bench that he was goosed, but never got subbed) I'd have said that Stevenson was MOTM.

Hibs overall were poor to average for large spells of the match, but that doesn't mean that when a player(s) stick in a good shift, out of position, it makes them 'slightly above garbage'.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-08-2013, 09:37 AM
I thought Stevenson did well today. Why he has picked up this gang of haters is something of a mystery to me. Lord knows there have been any number of not-very-good players at Easter Road in recent times who have deserved criticism but to put Lewis Stevenson in that bracket is myopically wrong-headed.

:agree:

Taz_hibee
18-08-2013, 09:44 AM
LS was my MOM today for his performance in 2nd half

Northernhibee
18-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Good performance from the lad.

Clear to see who the boo boys are picking on now Spoony has gone.

Fergus52
18-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Sacramento hibs,

You properly slate Stevenson and call him terrible.

A player who managed to completely nullify McFadden and Mackay-Stevens in two of his last games. Not many fullbacks in the SPL could do that consistently. GMS was in his back-pocket last season too.

Persevere80
18-08-2013, 01:40 PM
I think Stevenson has been a good servant to the club with his versatile positions he has played for us. But until we have a winger on the left I would prefer to see Mcgivern play just for the simple fact of him willing to taking his man and attack although this does put added pressure on the defence.

connerg
18-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Must admit that was a tactical move that worked. Deary me Fenlon got that right. I hate myself now.:confused:

Jonnyboy
18-08-2013, 07:30 PM

So did you watch the game online or not? Your views on Lewis are yours to have but as others on this thread have said you're slavering p!sh.

Paisley Hibby
18-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Good performance from the lad.

Clear to see who the boo boys are picking on now Spoony has gone.

Spot on. What is it about some of our fans that they always seem to have to single out one player for abuse. It's bad enough that they do it but usually the player selected is one that least deserves it. Remember Stuart Lovell for example. It's clear these guys know very little about football.

Ray_
18-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Spot on. What is it about some of our fans that they always seem to have to single out one player for abuse. It's bad enough that they do it but usually the player selected is one that least deserves it. Remember Stuart Lovell for example. It's clear these guys know very little about football.

Never more obvious as when Peter Cormack was the target, also from that time was Colin Grant and a short time afterwards, John Hazell, sad to say it wasn't the silky football that carried on that era, but the venom from the terraces.

PS Any directed at Petrie would be fine by me.

Spike Mandela
18-08-2013, 11:07 PM
The current Hibs team is a poor team.

Hibs are full of ordinary players with no special players at all unlike last year when we had Leigh. Lewis is a very ordinary player who always gives his all for the team but occasionally has poor games like the Hearts game. Saying he was motm this week is like saying he is the best car in the scrap yard.

No point in us all falling out about him.The whole team needs overhauled.