PDA

View Full Version : 2 games away from a crisis

Niffy
17-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Pat says "You are only ever two games away from a crisis, no matter what club you are at. You have to deal with it."

So what if its 5 games in a row Pat ??

judas
17-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Pat says "You are only ever two games away from a crisis, no matter what club you are at. You have to deal with it."

So what if its 5 games in a row Pat ??

It's funny. I got up early this morning, got a cup if tea and watched the Hearts highlights and then my thoughts reflected the title of your thread.

Hearts were single fish, but nevertheless, the points gap is closing.

In a 2 year period I have seen Hibs results that I never would have dreamt of in my worst nightmares. If we lose today, I fear we may be on the road to capping it off with relegation. Under normal circumstances that would be a crisis in footballing terms. But under the current predicament, well, I can barely think about it.

A loss today will require serious action by anyone who cares about our club. Having seen what I have with Fenlon, I won't stand idly by while he takes the club to a 3RD new low.

marinello59
17-08-2013, 06:20 AM

He could at least pick a stock phrase with some truth in it. If any club is in a position where losses in two games constitutes a crisis then somebody has ****ed up on a long term basis.

bingo70
17-08-2013, 06:25 AM
He's just trying to play down the situation and probably help the team try to stay calm.

I hate when we get to the stage of pulling apart every quote every single quote the manager comes out with.

He was never going to say "we're ****ed now and in the middle of a crisis already, if we lose against utd I'll be out the door"

lucky
17-08-2013, 06:31 AM
A loss today will lead to a protest outside the ground after the game. Which will lead to his dismissal. But knowing how PF will set up his team there's no chance of anything other than 0-0

Aldo
17-08-2013, 06:38 AM
A loss today will lead to a protest outside the ground after the game. Which will lead to his dismissal. But knowing how PF will set up his team there's no chance of anything other than 0-0

Petrie will know exactly (and he already does) what its all about come 2pm. If we are defeated then there will probably be another one after the game.

As for PF quote.... He's a very lucky man cos any manager to lose in the manner we lost last week and the game against Malmo for me should be sacked.

Wonder what he has on RP??

marinello59
17-08-2013, 06:43 AM

Don't dismiss the difference that a siege mentality could make to the players today. No matter how they are set out I expect to see some sort of defiance from the team today in the face if adversity .
I expect a win. (Before anybody asks I am completely sober.:greengrin)

Tricla
17-08-2013, 07:03 AM
He's just trying to play down the situation and probably help the team try to stay calm.

I hate when we get to the stage of pulling apart every quote every single quote the manager comes out with.

He was never going to say "we're ****ed now and in the middle of a crisis already, if we lose against utd I'll be out the door"

Agree. The dissecting of every quote and the personal abuse he (and our previous 3 managers) gets make me want to see him succeed even more.

Mon Nutsy and mon the Hibs!

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 07:08 AM
If he thinks 2 games constitutes a crisis, can he tell me out of him many terrible results which two i should pick? :rolleyes:

Aldo
17-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Don't dismiss the difference that a siege mentality could make to the players today. No matter how they are set out I expect to see some sort of defiance from the team today in the face if adversity .

M59 I hope your right mate. I for one believe that you should play every game like its your last.

Go out give your all and show the fans how much pulling the jersey on and playing for Hibs means.

Unfortunately it's 2013 and this just doesn't happen very often.

I am not expecting world beaters to play for us but do expect a bit of personal pride and application on the pitch.

Folk put in their hard earned cash to allow them to do this and they expect (and rightly so) a but of dedication and hard work in the pitch, basically it shows they care ( a bit).

Beefster
17-08-2013, 07:21 AM
If watching his football wasn't bad enough, his chat is becoming increasingly rotten too.

SlickShoes
17-08-2013, 08:49 AM

I expected that after Malmo, then after the Motherwell game, I am no longer expecting a response from the players, don't think they have it in them currently.

Eyrie
17-08-2013, 09:06 AM

If you're denying alcohol is involved then it must be hallucinogens :wink:

I remain to be convinced that the talent possessed by our players can compensate for the tactical deficiencies of our manager.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I think that is a crock of it to be honest. See if we had played like Partick Thistle did last night but still lost the first two games, I wouldn't be predicting s crisis at all.