PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pricing Fans out of the Game

Sylar
16-08-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm aware finance and football is an oft-discussed topic but I note that Dundee are charging £20 to get into this weekends game at home to Alloa!

£20 for a SPFL Championship game?!

Utter madness.

Waxy
16-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Agree strongly.
Clubs have taken the mickey for that long.
Willing to lose supporters to take more cash from the diehards.
It will be the death of football

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 06:14 PM
It does sound crazy, and, IMHO, is morally unjustifiable. I can only imagine that Dundee have calculated they will be financially better off by charging £20 than they would, for example, charging £15 and getting more fans in. They must work this all out with revenue maximization in mind, surely. There will be fans who just won't/can't pay it and the seats will be empty, which is a shame. It's the same at most Scottish clubs.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I guess I'm in the minority but £20 to watch my team doesn't seem that bad to me, I would pay that without complaining if Hibs were relegated.

Hanny
16-08-2013, 06:27 PM
How about putting this in perspective. What else can you do these days for about an hour and a half's entertainment and how much does it cost? For example:

Cinema - £9.30 (standard) £11 (VIP) at VUE Ocean Terminal

Play Snooker - £12.15 (hour and a half) at Reilys Meadowbank

What else?

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I guess I'm in the minority but £20 to watch my team doesn't seem that bad to me, I would pay that without complaining if Hibs were relegated.

Aye, but you aren't Scottish :devil:

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Aye, but you aren't Scottish :devil:

:greengrin A very good point.

Dashing Bob S
16-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Discrimination against the rich.

The poor are indeed fortunate that they can no longer afford to watch that *****.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 06:31 PM
How about putting this in perspective. What else can you do these days for about an hour and a half's entertainment and how much does it cost? For example:

What else?

You ever been to a Hibs game? :greengrin

judas
16-08-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm aware finance and football is an oft-discussed topic but I note that Dundee are charging £20 to get into this weekends game at home to Alloa!

£20 for a SPFL Championship game?!

Utter madness.

This is the sole reason I go to 2 or 3 games a season.

I simply can't justify the cost. It's all about opportunity cost. What do I have to forego in order to watch Hibs.

Hanny
16-08-2013, 06:32 PM
You ever been to a Hibs game? :greengrin

Yeah I used that term as loosely as possible :greengrin

Boyle89
16-08-2013, 07:16 PM
You think that's bad? Stenny v pars is £18.

brian6-2
16-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Considering you can pay anything from 10 euros at times to watch the likes of schweinsteiger, muller, thiago and co in the bundesliga its a complete rip off.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-08-2013, 07:28 PM

What else?

Ah but your talking about 22 phannys chasing leather that's the difference. Cost a fortune down the docks.

Hibercelona
16-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Considering you can pay anything from 10 euros at times to watch the likes of schweinsteiger, muller, thiago and co in the bundesliga its a complete rip off.

To watch a standard so far above what we're made to put up with.

brian6-2
16-08-2013, 07:47 PM
To watch a standard so far above what we're made to put up with.

i think even in france as well mate its around about the same.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
16-08-2013, 08:52 PM
You think that's bad? Stenny v pars is £18.

Ridiculous. I have just bought a ticket to see Fulham v Swansea at the end of November. Two of the best footballing sides in the EPL. £10.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Ridiculous. I have just bought a ticket to see Fulham v Swansea at the end of November. Two of the best footballing sides in the EPL. £10.

How £10? That can't be the regular price surely.

brianmc
16-08-2013, 09:07 PM

Really? I thought that was a bit of an urban myth myself-but I'm prepared to stand corrected if you've been.
Usually when I go to watch Barcelona it costs between £40-70 for the cheap seats against the **** (lower categorie teams)-still worth it though

MADE IN LEITH
16-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Agree, £20 is nothing these days, packet of fags, 1 beer and a taxi home from the West end to the bottom o the Walk and that's £20 gone. And that's not even giving the taxi driver a tip. :cb

brianmc
16-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Really? I thought that was a bit of an urban myth myself-but I'm prepared to stand corrected if you've been.
Usually when I go to watch Barcelona it costs between £40-70 for the cheap seats against the **** (lower categorie teams)-still worth it though

It was £48 to sit behind the pillar at Celtc Park last season!

monktonharp
16-08-2013, 09:26 PM
It was £48 to sit behind the pillar at Celtc Park last season!don't think that is correct.or was it to sit there twice:rolleyes:

DH1875
16-08-2013, 09:45 PM

Where do you get your tickets from? I haven't been to the Nou Camp for a couple of years but have been to some other La Liga games and that seems a bit steep.

Sylar
16-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Really?! I might head along and take that game in myself. Swansea are a joy to watch.

brianmc
16-08-2013, 10:56 PM
don't think that is correct.or was it to sit there twice:rolleyes:

Emmm naw Mr roll eye smilie - it was £48 per ticket.(actually in pretty sure I paid €60 each for me and my bairn) through the FCB official away allocation-but i'm sure you'll be able to correct me.

Boyle89
16-08-2013, 11:01 PM

Jesus that's good!

brianmc
16-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Where do you get your tickets from? I haven't been to the Nou Camp for a couple of years but have been to some other La Liga games and that seems a bit steep.

You can get tickets for every FCB game - except Madrid - easily enough through the official website .
Book online and you can either pick them up at the ticket office, print them off at home (like a Ryanair boarding pass) or collect them from the 'hole in the wa' ATM.
Ticket prices vary widely depending on (a) the oposition and (b) the area of the ground you're in. Again, a few clicks online will let you see which area/price suits you best.

Aaron
16-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Agree strongly.
Clubs have taken the mickey for that long.
Willing to lose supporters to take more cash from the diehards.
It will be the death of football

And how long until the 'diehards' can't afford it anymore?

stormchild
16-08-2013, 11:20 PM

What else?
Stock car racing at Cowdenbeath . £15 for four hours action mostly start to finish!

but to think I bought us season tickets for E.R thinking it would be better :confused:

hibee_nation
16-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Stock car racing at Cowdenbeath . £15 for four hours action mostly start to finish!

but to think I bought us season tickets for E.R thinking it would be better :confused:

Funnily enough watching Hibs at the moment is a bit of a car crash. :greengrin

Miguel
16-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm in newspapers: there are some striking similarities between the dying newspaper industry and football. Both depend on a high degree of brand loyalty. There are those that will always get 'their' paper, but they are a dying breed. There are those who will always support 'their' team. Ditto.
Newspapers are trying to go to online pay walls, but readers won't pay, because papers had previously provided at least part of their content free. Some provide all of it. I can read the 'Observer' online for free on my phone. The read across in football terms is to telly. It's not free...oh wait it is, cause you can watch it on VIP Box. Market forces will out. Clubs will realistically price games and downscale to the right level, or they will die. What's Hibs v Dundee United worth? £15 and £5 concession being kind. Realistically? £10 and concession free and hope you make it up on food and drink. £22? No chance. Get real.

brian6-2
17-08-2013, 08:48 AM

prices in the german bundesliga are dirt cheap as is ligue 1 in france.

i just got tickets for barca v valladolid in october and they were 43 euros each which is fair enough as your getting to see the likes of neymar, messi and xavi etc etc. its still expensive though when clubs like bayern and dortmund can sign the worlds best players and do it why cant the other clubs.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
17-08-2013, 09:19 AM
How £10? That can't be the regular price surely.

Fulham drop prices for quite a few games during the season. The £10 tickets for the Swansea match are available if you have bought a Fulham Digital Membership. I think that was £20 or £30 for the season, but offers other benefits too and enables you to buy up to 6 tickets for discounted matches. Good value.

I see tickets for the match against Cardiff next month are from £10 too. But the cheapest adult tickets for the match against ManU are £49.

Craven Cottage is a great place to watch football if you are in London. Easy access. And a lovely old Archibald Leitch stand. I would not describe myself as a Fulham fan, but they are nice side to watch and have made some good signings for this season.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I'd actually pay £20 more on the price of my Season Ticket if it went to reducing under 16 pay at the gate to a fiver. We need to get the younger generation in. I know the ST family deals are decent but when I was a teen I wanted to go with my mates not my dad.

I've posted on here before on the cost of an ST if it had gone up at the rate of inflation. My first one in 86/87 was £50 and if it had gone up in line with inflation I'd be paying around £120 this season. This shows the sacrifices low paid fans have to make to support the club they love. No wonder the crowd will be dire today as quite justifiably fans won"t pay good money to watch the rubbish on show.

fatbloke
17-08-2013, 10:09 AM

What else?

Go with a hooker £75 for an hour and a half - so i am told:greengrin:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
17-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Go with a hooker £75 for an hour and a half - so i am told:greengrin:greengrin

Apparently that's a cheap hooker

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Kaiser1962
17-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Fulham drop prices for quite a few games during the season. The £10 tickets for the Swansea match are available if you have bought a Fulham Digital Membership. I think that was £20 or £30 for the season, but offers other benefits too and enables you to buy up to 6 tickets for discounted matches. Good value.

I see tickets for the match against Cardiff next month are from £10 too. But the cheapest adult tickets for the match against ManU are £49.

Craven Cottage is a great place to watch football if you are in London. Easy access. And a lovely old Archibald Leitch stand. I would not describe myself as a Fulham fan, but they are nice side to watch and have made some good signings for this season.

Fulhams matchday activities (£11m) represents under 14% of their overall income of £79m.

fatbloke
17-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Apparently that's a cheap hooker

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

£75 the going rate down here in darkest East Lothian although i am reliably informed Tranent and the Pans are cheaper - in some cases the hooker pays you:greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
17-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Fulhams matchday activities (£11m) represents under 14% of their overall income of £79m.

Yes, that's a good point. The TV money down south is an huge factor.

Anyway, my £10 this afternoon is being spent at Tooting and Mitcham United v Burgess Hill Town in the Ryman Division One South.

Matty_Jack04
17-08-2013, 12:07 PM
prices in the german bundesliga are dirt cheap as is ligue 1 in france.

i just got tickets for barca v valladolid in october and they were 43 euros each which is fair enough as your getting to see the likes of neymar, messi and xavi etc etc. its still expensive though when clubs like bayern and dortmund can sign the worlds best players and do it why cant the other clubs.

Im sure I saw a programme or read something that German clubs are funded by local companies which help the clubs to keep prices down/pay for fans travel, e.g bayern and Audi, Wolfsburg and Volkswagen its not just a case of the club reducing prices and taking the hit to fill the grounds