PDA

View Full Version : If you were on the board

proud_and_green
15-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Granted getting slightly ahead of myself here, but there has been a lot of debate on here about how the board have made successive bad choices in their management appointments and I started thinking about how a manager is selected. Clearly there is a lot of compiling of lists, then short lists then inviting those on the short list to show interest and then finally presumably there must be some sort of selection process including an interview or series of interviews.

That got me wondering about what sort of questions are asked at such an interview and what sort of questions netters might ask. So if you were on the interview panel what would be your top question?

Mine would be

What do you see as the key strengths and weaknesses of each of the Premier League Teams and how would your Hibs team play against each of them?

Shields Hibee
15-08-2013, 11:48 PM
What type of player are you looking to bring into the club & are you prepared to give the young lads a chance to shine in the first team?

Jones28
16-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Before any specific questions I'd ask them "what is your footballing philosophy? How do you want your players to play the game and how will this fit in with tradition at Hibs?"

The better the answer, the longer the interview.

proud_and_green
16-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Before any specific questions I'd ask them "what is your footballing philosophy? How do you want your players to play the game and how will this fit in with tradition at Hibs?"

The better the answer, the longer the interview.

I had wondered about that one, but felt that it would be one that is too easy to give the answer that the interviewer wants to hear. But I agree, you would want the individual to demonstrate that they are committed to an attacking, expansive style of football.