PDA

View Full Version : Can you stay away?

Thecat23
15-08-2013, 09:34 PM
All week I have said I won't be back until Pat has left the club. But today I'm now finding myself questioning this. I can't stand our football, I want him out and want fans to vote with there feet.

But it's Hibs, it's Sat, it's game day. Staying at home I'd be raging if we did win and I wasn't there. Chances are I'll Prob be let down like every other week but Hibs are in my blood and that pisses me off in itself.

Anyone else feel like this or are most still sacking it?

hibs4thecup1988
15-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Me. I couldn't stay away ever to be honest.

SonOfTortolano
15-08-2013, 09:38 PM
No.

Fenlon must go, this will be his managerial death throws this weekend...

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Won't be there on Saturday due to work and can't make a lot of games at the moment for that very reason as I work a lot of weekends but I'll be at any game I can manage.

I can't think of too many things that would make me stay away from a Hibs game if I was available to go.

Cool_Hand_Luke
15-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Been swithering all week whether to go or not...but i'll be there. If i never had a season ticket then i wouldnt be going. Depending on how the game goes i may leave early...something i have never done before - including that cup final

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Could never stay away......Masochism rules.....

Jonnyboy
15-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Could never stay away......Masochism rules.....

:agree:

Leighonel
15-08-2013, 09:51 PM
I'll be there, I'd find it hard to say no.

fat freddy
Love Hibs too much to give a damn if they're on a dire run or not...obviously i'd prefer if we were good but i'd support Hibs if they were in the 2nd division and form doesn't really dictate whether i go or not...this is my team and i support them regardless..

Hibby Gav
No...I'll be there, as always....

clerriehibs
15-08-2013, 09:56 PM
As nick hornby sort of said, staying away during the bad times devalues the good times. So why would you?

mutley
15-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I'll be there, anyone else hoping that this might be the weekend to pick things up and start heading north up the table? No doubt I'm just getting my hopes up, but Hibs is Hibs and you can never tell

Thecat23
15-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Interesting most are still going back. I'm a season ticket holder, if I didn't have one I wouldn't go. I'm assuming most that replied have one? As I honestly can't see many walk up fans.

Thecat23
15-08-2013, 09:59 PM
As nick hornby sort of said, staying away during the bad times devalues the good times. So why would you?

Another good point. But I think he's pushed most fans away or should say he's turned them against him with the style of football. I want him out ASAP but I'm thinking whether I go or not isn't going to change that decision so may as well take in a game.

Jonnyboy
15-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Another good point. But I think he's pushed most fans away or should say he's turned them against him with the style of football. I want him out ASAP but I'm thinking whether I go or not isn't going to change that decision so may as well take in a game.

I stuck with Hibs through the Bertie Auld years so currently it's a breeze :greengrin

Thecat23
15-08-2013, 10:03 PM
I stuck with Hibs through the Bertie Auld years so currently it's a breeze :greengrin

Haha can't really argue anything against that JB. :D

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 10:08 PM

Any time I watched the Penelope Pitstop cartoons the wee guy from the Anthill Mob gave me shivers.....a ringer for Bertie Auld 😀

sleeping giant
15-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Can't believe folk will be staying away intentionally. Ffs. Hibs class !

O'Rourke3
15-08-2013, 10:21 PM
I'll be there. I support the team on the park doesn't mean I support the regime. If the protest sorts itself out I might be there too but too many different factions with too many combinations at the mo. I'm old school. Protest one thing at a time

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Won`t be there but would love to be there and am looking forward to seeing new signings gel into a better team than last season`s . No 2 fans are the same but when I read stuff like " I won`t be back til ---- leaves " as I have with all recent managers I find it hard to understand but then I didn`t become a Hibby in internet age and haven`t seen us lose to Arbroath , Clydebank , East Fife and others in early rounds of Scottish Cup it makes it difficult not to appreciate cup runs of last 2 seasons .

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Won`t be there but would love to be there and am looking forward to seeing new signings gel into a better team than last season`s . No 2 fans are the same but when I read stuff like " I won`t be back til ---- leaves " as I have with all recent managers I find it hard to understand but then I didn`t become a Hibby in internet age and haven`t seen us lose to Arbroath , Clydebank , East Fife and others in early rounds of Scottish Cup it makes it difficult not to appreciate cup runs of last 2 seasons .Meant to say looking forward to watching on Hibs TV Xtra which provides an excellent service but like other parts of club has not been receiving credit when it`s due ( PR of club at fault just as in lack of build up to Malmo matches , signing of Collins , success of youth teams , visit of FAI team , etc ) but has rightly received criticism at times ( technical problems against Malmo at home which was an exception ) . Would emphasise poor PR at club - a winning team playing attacking football is priority but club could surely have done more to emphasise positives over summer ?

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Won't be there at the weekend.

Todays proposed meeting may well have changed my mind but, as always, egos got in the way so i'm out.

MacGruber
15-08-2013, 10:35 PM
No.

hibee_girl
15-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I'll be going on Saturday, as usual

Shields Hibee
15-08-2013, 10:46 PM
No. As much as we are playing terrible football under Fenlon, I've a season ticket so will be there.

After that cup final, I vowed I'd still be going along to Easter Road as Hibs are my team.

Hibdan12
15-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Ill be there i follow my club through think and thin ggtth!

Al_Bundy
15-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I bought myself and my boy season tickets yesterday. It can only get better, surely?!

Twa Cairpets
15-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Going.
But have to question why, especially as its my birthday and I suspect that it wont exactly be a party atmosphere, and my laddie wil be playing at the same time for a team I actually at the moment care more about

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-08-2013, 11:59 PM
I'll be there. Can't help myself

edinburghhibee
16-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Can't believe folk will be staying away intentionally. Ffs. Hibs class !

Believe it mate I'm a ST holder and my seat will be empty. So disheartened with how we are playing our football. It's not even just the past few weeks its carried on from last season to be honest.

My mates asked me to go to go ape on Saturday and they are regulars at ER too we've all decided to enjoy ourselves instead of watching fenlon tell the team to hump the ball up to Collins and at the end after we've been beat tell us it's unlucky we just need the breaks. It's not unlucky pat we don't attack enough to score goals and we can't defend nothing to do with luck it's poor management and tactics to blame and deep down he knows it.

Pete
16-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Didn't even think about trying.
I think my support helps the team so I'll keep going to support.
I've seen some dross too but that's what happens unless you are one of the Glasgow teams because like it or not they are the big draws so command the big money.
I don't accept that Scottish football is dead, it is what it is and it's ours.
I am confident that we will improve but then I've been confident for years.
The team would be worse without me so I'm not having that hanging over me.
I don't like when we get beat although I was like a bear with a sore head in the past, only my family would know as I washed the car to an inch of it's life.

These days, tinternet is the car and more people not only get to know but join in what is becoming a virtual blood letting.
Still my favourite club playing my favourite game.

What was the question?

Does it matter?

Exactly how I feel.

:top marks

Steve20
16-08-2013, 01:53 AM
Not yet but if the club insist on not getting rid of Fenlon, there may be no other way. They may only do something if they see crowds going down dramatically.

wheniwas5
16-08-2013, 04:40 AM
me and my son will be there. but if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't walk up and pay. as many have said there wont be many walk up fans and think there will only be around 8000 there

glenn6270
16-08-2013, 04:59 AM
I will be there as usual no matter what

suppose the ones who choose to stay away for whatever reason will be there if we get to a cup final again

or the ones who dont go at all will be scrambling for final tickets again
Through thick and thin
its in my blood
GGTTH

hibbiedon
16-08-2013, 05:05 AM
Im working till 4pm but will be there as soon as I can. I support Hibs always have always will GGTTH

brianmc
16-08-2013, 05:39 AM
I will be there as usual no matter what

suppose the ones who choose to stay away for whatever reason will be there if we get to a cup final again

or the ones who dont go at all will be scrambling for final tickets again
Through thick and thin
its in my blood
GGTTH

I think you're missing the point a wee bit-loads of the folk planning on staying away are season ticket holders. They'll already all be entitled to a Cup Final ticket on the off chance we get there.
I'll be there at the weekend-but another gutless, clueless, footballess performance and I'll be giving the next game a miss.

glenn6270
16-08-2013, 05:47 AM
I think you're missing the point a wee bit-loads of the folk planning on staying away are season ticket holders. They'll already all be entitled to a Cup Final ticket on the off chance we get there.
I'll be there at the weekend-but another gutless, clueless, footballess performance and I'll be giving the next game a miss.

Not missin any point i am also season ticket holder was just saying the way I feel
people can choose to stay away if they want but i will be there
There has been worse times throughout the years in my opinion

Gatecrasher
16-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I missed a couple of games at the end of CC's time in charge and came back just in time to get thumped by Dunfermline at ER. I did think about not going this week but never came to an actual decision. I will be going but I don't think it will be the good day out football should be.

TrinityHibs
16-08-2013, 07:22 AM
2 of us are S/T holders and will not be there again. I will go back after the Festival finishes. Doubt my son will go before he heads off to university as the quality of football is so poor. This isn't a protest more I just cant be bothered when there are other things to do.

IanM
16-08-2013, 07:23 AM
A week's a long time in football... as the days slip by from sunday the usual sense of optimism pops its head out on a friday morning! I think it's the feel good weekend factor more than anything but I'll be there, hopefully get some goals, a win and a good performance and go out and get pished with the boys and make plans for Killie next weekend..

in an ideal world of course :greengrin

Alex Trager
16-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Believe it mate I'm a ST holder and my seat will be empty. So disheartened with how we are playing our football. It's not even just the past few weeks its carried on from last season to be honest.

My mates asked me to go to go ape on Saturday and they are regulars at ER too we've all decided to enjoy ourselves instead of watching fenlon tell the team to hump the ball up to Collins and at the end after we've been beat tell us it's unlucky we just need the breaks. It's not unlucky pat we don't attack enough to score goals and we can't defend nothing to do with luck it's poor management and tactics to blame and deep down he knows it.

This. My brother is doing a shark dive on Saturday and asked me to go along so I think I'm going to. Even if I could have went it was going to be the last game had we been beat.
Sick and tired of being let down by them and letting them ruin my weekend.

Onion
16-08-2013, 07:50 AM
If I hadn't already paid (through a ST), there would be no chance of me going along to watch Fenlon making a fool of our club. I'd rather stay away and let them get on with it. But since Hibs have my money, I feel obliged to go.

Play well and they'll get my support. Play like they did against BDO, and he'll get pelters.

lyonhibs
16-08-2013, 08:51 AM
All week I have said I won't be back until Pat has left the club. But today I'm now finding myself questioning this. I can't stand our football, I want him out and want fans to vote with there feet.

But it's Hibs, it's Sat, it's game day. Staying at home I'd be raging if we did win and I wasn't there. Chances are I'll Prob be let down like every other week but Hibs are in my blood and that pisses me off in itself.

It's funny, I live abroad so find it mighty easy to say that Hibs won't be getting any of my hard earned ££££ until Fenlon is out or shows a Messianic turnaround in performances and results ASAP.

Then again, I find myself checking out the games at Xmas/early next year when I will most likely be back. If we were playing half decent football, I'd probably schedule a trip home just round a Hibs game (though pass it off as something else to the Missus).

I think if I'd gone week after week over the past 4/5 years, then I would find it a lot easier to jack it all in, as the football and board incompetence has gone beyond a joke, and it's ripping the pash out of the fans at this stage.

Stevie Reid
16-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I will still go. It's ****ing hard supporting Hibs at times, but I know how it works.

Committing fully to supporting a team like Hibs isn't easy, but times like these make the good times all the sweeter when they come.

The Falcon
16-08-2013, 09:07 AM
All week I have said I won't be back until Pat has left the club. But today I'm now finding myself questioning this. I can't stand our football, I want him out and want fans to vote with there feet. But it's Hibs, it's Sat, it's game day. Staying at home I'd be raging if we did win and I wasn't there. Chances are I'll Prob be let down like every other week but Hibs are in my blood and that pisses me off in itself. Anyone else feel like this or are most still sacking it?I could. But I wont.

lugz
16-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm going this weekend purely to catch up with a mate I only see at the home games.

I missed the win against Celtic last December while sitting at home 5 mins from the ground it was gutting to hear the cheers and not be there.

scoopyboy
16-08-2013, 10:10 AM
If I chose not to go the only person I would be hurting would be myself.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Stay away..........no chance what so ever, it's Saturday, it's football, it's Hibs. Will watch the lpool game beforehand and then stroll round to ER. Through thick, thin and whatever ****** we are playing I can't miss it.

jakeshibs
16-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Interesting most are still going back. I'm a season ticket holder, if I didn't have one I wouldn't go. I'm assuming most that replied have one? As I honestly can't see many walk up fans.

had worse times than this and supported them through them, and will always be there, born a hibee, and I will die a hibee!:flag:

GreenCastle
16-08-2013, 10:43 AM
I will be there in my ST seat - not happy with the way things are right now but hoping we see some more attacking football / some goals - otherwise that pressure on the the manager / Fenlon will increase even more.

Personally never been one to yell at players or boo at a game - but if tomorrow goes badly I have a feeling others may be giving the manager / RP some serious stick around me.

Hopefully the yams get beat tonight and we can increase the gap to -15 again but to do that we need to start scoring!

Brightside
16-08-2013, 10:46 AM
had worse times than this and supported them through them, and will always be there, born a hibee, and I will die a hibee!:flag:

I'm going but probably in the weird camp of not wanting them to win

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm going but probably in the weird camp of not wanting them to win

I just don't get that!

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Fenlon must go for me - but attending Hibs matches is in my blood.

I will be there.

:flag:

Brightside
16-08-2013, 10:59 AM
I just don't get that!

I need fenlon to go. Hibs need fenlon to go.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I need fenlon to go. Hibs need fenlon to go.

Wouldn't you rather we won, and then continued on some sort of decent run rather than lose or draw though.

clerriehibs
16-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I bought myself and my boy season tickets yesterday. It can only get better, surely?!

Quality!

Dobosz83
16-08-2013, 11:34 AM

I told anyone who was willing to listen on Sunday afternoon that I would not be attending another game while Pat Fenlon is in charge. By Monday morning I knew I'd be at Easter Road on Saturday. This is my club and I love them like my family. We are all hurting at the moment and want improvement but I won't turn my back on them until things get better. I want to be there and help it happen... if that makes sense.

So, I'll be in the Behind the Goals bar for opening on Saturday and hoping for 3 points to get us off the mark. The club needs a lift just now, defeat and not scoring will see a potential meltdown.

RoxburghHibs
16-08-2013, 11:39 AM
I told anyone who was willing to listen on Sunday afternoon that I would not be attending another game while Pat Fenlon is in charge. By Monday morning I knew I'd be at Easter Road on Saturday. This is my club and I love them like my family. We are all hurting at the moment and want improvement but I won't turn my back on them until things get better. I want to be there and help it happen... if that makes sense.

So, I'll be in the Behind the Goals bar for opening on Saturday and hoping for 3 points to get us off the mark. The club needs a lift just now, defeat and not scoring will see a potential meltdown.

:top marks

:flag:

Pray4Marc
16-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I''ll be there. If we can score early I can see a few goals.

basehibby
16-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm not a ST at the mo and I'm swithering TBH.

I've got car troubles to sort out, and all sorts of other stuff to attend to and added to that the fare on display so far this season doesn't exactly have me battering the doors down at ER desparate for more.

That said, I'm a Hibby through and through and come 3 o'clock there's only one thing I'll be interested in and that's the score at ER - odds on I'll be there.

AJWisme
16-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Only get to go to a handful of games these days. It's awful but I can't miss it.

kaimendhibs
16-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I've got no choice as on crutches so can't go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bighairyfaeleith
16-08-2013, 01:14 PM

ya ******g eejit

yekimevol
16-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Im going as usual, cause its hibs and by not going you damage the club.

LancashireHibby
16-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Could quite easily have gone for the easier option and go to watch Bolton at Forest (been to all three games so far this season) but I said at the start of the season that Hibs would be getting my money this weekend so have to stand by that. Even dragging along a mate who is primarily a Bolton fan, albeit one who was at the New Year derby at Tynie last year, the cup final and the Malmo away leg.

One Day
16-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Me. I couldn't stay away ever to be honest.

we go because we go .......... its a Hibs thing

jon paul jones
16-08-2013, 09:15 PM

Well done sir, get the boy initiated early on with the passion..preferably in the east!

Hibby 2005
16-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Hibs have my money already but tomorrow I'll decide nearer the time whether to watch the game or not.

When the anticipation starts to go then you know something's not right.

GreenArmyyy!
16-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Love Hibs too much to give a damn if they're on a dire run or not...obviously i'd prefer if we were good but i'd support Hibs if they were in the 2nd division and form doesn't really dictate whether i go or not...this is my team and i support them regardless..

Great post!

Judas Iscariot
17-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Im going as usual, cause its hibs and by not going you damage the club.

They have my money already, I'm not going today...

I can think of at least 6 other better things to do with my Saturday afternoon just now

marinello59
17-08-2013, 07:25 AM
They have my money already, I'm not going today...

I can think of at least 6 other better things to do with my Saturday afternoon just now

Six? I can only think of two and one of them involves a time machine, the much missed Top of the Pops dance troupe Pans People and some whipped cream. I need to get out more.

matty_f
17-08-2013, 08:01 AM
I'll be there and I'm taking 2 others with me, that's how much of a **** I am. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 08:05 AM
If i lived in Leith, i'd be there every week home and away. As i live 200 miles away, at this minute in time i just can't be arsed travelling or making the effort.

Albanian Hibs
17-08-2013, 08:14 AM
After having a baby last week I wont be there but I think I have convinced my husband to use my ST and go today.

PeeJay
17-08-2013, 08:25 AM

I'm too far away, but I usually watch all the games live on Hibs TV season ticket (or ...) but I've had enough TBH so today I'm skippinbg the game, and I'm off into town to listen to some boring politicians and old singers celebrating 150 of the SPD party here in Berlin at the Brandenburger Tor - there will be some sun, some great beer and some fine food ... we'll probably play brilliantly now and win by 3 or 4:greengrin

bigwheel
17-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Six? I can only think of two and one of them involves a time machine, the much missed Top of the Pops dance troupe Pans People and some whipped cream. I need to get out more.

Surely Legs & Co...would have squeezed in there too! :wink:

semaj64
17-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Yes heading along today, I am I looking forward to it that's a different story but then again surely we have had our bad patch, a bit like the hair of the dog it might just make me feel better.

bigwheel
17-08-2013, 08:30 AM
I bet most of you stay aways will be all over the TV, Radio and Internet tuning in...kicking or kissing the cat as the game progresses ! :greengrin

Hiber-nation
17-08-2013, 08:52 AM
I bet most of you stay aways will be all over the TV, Radio and Internet tuning in...kicking or kissing the cat as the game progresses ! :greengrin

So true. It is possible to demand change at the club but still go along and support the team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-08-2013, 09:45 AM
I can handle the weekends when I know that I can't go because it is like having a note from your mum that says you are allowed not to be there.

--------
17-08-2013, 09:50 AM

I've just had a hefty bill in for the car, I have work to prepare for for tomorrow, I have a doggie to walk and a couple of new CDs and DVDs, so right now I guess I'll have no difficulty in staying away from ER on a wet miserable day with the team playing rubbish.

All I would add is that it's not really about Pat with me - it's about the way the club has been run by STF and RP for the past 5-8 years. This camel's back has finally given out.

Neither Farmer nor Petrie have my confidence to the extent that I'm prepared to give them any more of my money right now. There's a LOT more wrong at ER than just the wrong manager in charge of the team. I'm not actually of the opinion that Pat Fenlon IS the "wrong manager".

I'll be back when I'm CONVINCED that the OWNER and CHAIRMAN want the TEAM to be doing well on the pitch, and are prepared to do what's necessary to achieve that.

What that'll take, I'm not quite sure. I'll know when (or rather IF) it ever happens.

Bill Milne
17-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I'll be there. Hibs will always be at the top of my budget list.

gegs70
17-08-2013, 09:59 AM
So long as its a good game, although the weather and hangover does not help.....but I will be there with the kids ( if its bad it will be the usual dad can we go now scenario!!).

Hibby D
17-08-2013, 10:25 AM
I made a decision before the start of the season not to go today.

It's 7 years ago today since my beloved Hibby Dad died. My brother and I are spending the day drinking a nip and a half pint in one or two of his old haunts in Stockbridge in his honour and meeting up with other family to chew the fat about my Dad, Hibs, and probably the Indy referendum :cb

My Dad would have hated the product on show at the moment and he'd be baying for Fenlon's blood if he were still capable :greengrin; so I don't think he'd object too much to my alternative plans.

Having said all that, I hope we win, and I hope every Hibby who is there gets to enjoy a decent game that offers a glimmer of hope that the worm is about to turn.

GGTTH

marinello59
17-08-2013, 12:03 PM

It's 7 years ago today since my beloved Hibby Dad died. My brother and I are spending the day drinking a nip and a half pint in one or two of his old haunts in Stockbridge in his honour and meeting up with other family to chew the fat about my Dad, Hibs, and probably the Indy referendum :cb

My Dad would have hated the product on show at the moment and he'd be baying for Fenlon's blood if he were still capable :greengrin; so I don't think he'd object too much to my alternative plans.

Having said all that, I hope we win, and I hope every Hibby who is there gets to enjoy a decent game that offers a glimmer of hope that the worm is about to turn.

GGTTH

Great post Di. I am sure you will do your Dad proud today.

scoopyboy
17-08-2013, 12:07 PM

GGTTH

I hope his old haunts have got Gillette Soccer Saturday on!!!

Have a good day D.

Bishop Hibee
17-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Things would have to be a lot worse for me to boycott.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 01:47 PM
ER is dead! This could be one of the lowest crowds in a while for a league game. Looks like the fans are defo voting with their feet.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2013, 01:52 PM
It gets easier all the time. They make it easier all the time.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 02:37 PM
ER is dead! This could be one of the lowest crowds in a while for a league game. Looks like the fans are defo voting with their feet.
At least you will be happy. That's what you wanted was is not?

Cropley10
17-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Assuming another defeat today, I confidently predict that the Chairman will allow Pat to lose at least another two games before emptying the useless dud.

Petrie will then, once again, decide who the next useless dud will be.

And round in circles we will go in an SPL with no Rangers and a Hearts team of U20s...

Pathetic.

Petrie and Fenlon are killing Hibs.

WarringtonHibee
17-08-2013, 03:22 PM
I used to often make the 200 mile trip for most home games but over the last 2-3 years it's trickled down to a point where I've got better things to do than see Hibs, I don't plan on attending ER this season or ever again, football is for mugs.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Think we should change the name of this thread to " Are you still daft enough to go to the game ? "

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:14 PM
At least you will be happy. That's what you wanted was is not?

Yep.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Yep.

Congratulations. Undercover mission accomplished

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Congratulations. Undercover mission accomplished

Why thank you.

Glad I went... Convinced me we are ****ing honking. 44 mins before a shot at goal at home is laughable. But hey ho, let the Fenlon backers have a wee tug at a point.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Why thank you.

Glad I went... Convinced me we are ****ing honking. 44 mins before a shot at goal at home is laughable. But hey ho, let the Fenlon backers have a wee tug at a point.

Not tugging at anything. Think its seriously strange that a Hibs fan would encourage other Hibs fans not to attend.
Something not right and fishy about that.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Not tugging at anything. Think its seriously strange that a Hibs fan would encourage other Hibs fans not to attend.
Something not right and fishy about that.

I was actually meaning I hope the walk ups stay away. Makes no odds if I go now that **** Petrie has my money.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:26 PM
I was actually meaning I hope the walk ups stay away. Makes no odds if I go now that **** Petrie has my money.

Oh that's all right then is it ? I've never met a real Hibs fan in my life who try to get other fans not to go to games. Something not quite right about that .

Golden Bear
17-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Can I stay away?

Still not sure. In a way I'm punishing myself but at the same time the football on display was hardly joyous to watch (in fact it was purgatory.) In the last couple of weeks I've watched one of my local teams and to be honest the standard of football is not that much different from what's currently on display at ER.

MADE IN LEITH
17-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Mate, the Team is Part of you me and the rest of us Hibees who follow them no matter what because we care, we are indeed one big family. Whenever you bump into a Hibee anywhere, be it abroad or at home, you always feel a kind of kinship towards each other. That's part and parcel of being a Hibee you love the club through thick and thin no matter what. Better stop now before I get too sentimental about the club I love.

Now get yerself oot fur a pint and cheer up. :aok:

Hiber-nation
17-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Nothing has changed.

That is all.

FifeHibernian
17-08-2013, 04:32 PM
I probably could stay away. I'm young with other things to do and no kids or that to take along.

Saying that I'm going to be going a lot to support the team and club because we are needed more than ever at the moment.

Will be buying my Season Ticket in the coming weeks.

If we don't improve then I'll have put my all behind the team but I'm praying that we do.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Oh that's all right then is it ? I've never met a real Hibs fan in my life who try to get other fans not to go to games. Something not quite right about that .

You have now. Listen, why on earth would I want any Hibs fan to suffer watching that *****. If you find that strange who cares?

Out of interest you want Pat to stay?

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Mate, the Team is Part of you me and the rest of us Hibees who follow them no matter what because we care, we are indeed one big family. Whenever you bump into a Hibee anywhere, be it abroad or at home, you always feel a kind of kinship towards each other. That's part and parcel of being a Hibee you love the club through thick and thin no matter what. Better stop now before I get too sentimental about the club I love.

Now get yerself oot fur a pint and cheer up. :aok:

If you buy me one I will ;)

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:36 PM
You have now. Listen, why on earth would I want any Hibs fan to suffer watching that *****. If you find that strange who cares?

Out of interest you want Pat to stay?

I want Hibs to start winning games like mostly everyone else . Whether that takes a new manager or not I'm not sure.
One thing I am sure of though is no real Hibs fan would do what you tried to do.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:38 PM
I want Hibs to start winning games like mostly everyone else . Whether that takes a new manager or not I'm not sure.
One thing I am sure of though is no real Hibs fan would do what you tried to do.

No real Hibs fan? I could say no real Hibs fan would back a manager that hasn't a clue so get off your high horse clown.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 04:41 PM
No real Hibs fan? I could say no real Hibs fan would back a manager that hasn't a clue so get off your high horse clown.

I'm a clown :-) I'll leave it there I think.

FifeHibernian
I used to often make the 200 mile trip for most home games but over the last 2-3 years it's trickled down to a point where I've got better things to do than see Hibs, I don't plan on attending ER this season or ever again, football is for mugs.

Wow... So depressing to read this.

Wonder if the board realise the massive apathy they have created with years of utter ****ing *****.

What a load of pricks.

Thecat23

In fact **** this, see guys like you who are happy for this club to plod on and sit tight when we keep getting beat and keep putting in shocking performances, YOU are doing more harm than me saying fans should vote with their feet.

Our club is screaming out for change from top to bottom but there are many wee arse lickers who love Petrie and get their wee free tickets. Maybe you are one maybe not but don't ever say your more a Hibs fan than me.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm a clown :-) I'll leave it there I think.

Oh that was easy, better when guys like you know it.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Wow... So depressing to read this.

Wonder if the board realise the massive apathy they have created with years of utter ****ing *****.

What a load of pricks.

I used to travel on the same train as Mark, we'd have 10-15 Hibs fans on the train between Preston and Carlisle. Last season it was Me and Darwenhibs and his lad.

This season is 2 home games in and i have not seen 1 live match, and have no intention of being at one anytime soon.

I bought a membership to the gym with my season ticket money, and a stone and a half lost later, its been worth every penny. I had actually bought train tickets for today, i was going to support any protest that may or may not have been happening.

I then thought to myself on thursday, what the hell are you doing, why the hell are you bothering?

So i just listened instead, and watched Arsenal on Setanta. I now don't have the journey home, and will be nice and rested ready for tonights night on the town with the lads.

WarringtonHibee
17-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I used to travel on the same train as Mark, we'd have 10-15 Hibs fans on the train between Preston and Carlisle. Last season it was Me and Darwenhibs and his lad.

This season is 2 home games in and i have not seen 1 live match, and have no intention of being at one anytime soon.

I bought a membership to the gym with my season ticket money, and a stone and a half lost later, its been worth every penny. I had actually bought train tickets for today, i was going to support any protest that may or may not have been happening.

I then thought to myself on thursday, what the hell are you doing, why the hell are you bothering?

So i just listened instead, and watched Arsenal on Setanta. I now don't have the journey home, and will be nice and rested ready for tonights night on the town with the lads.

The trains used to be bouncing, it's died on it's arse years ago. Even if we start winning I've found better, more enjoyable, healthier, and cheaper things I can spend my Saturday doing, so that's about it for me!

johnrebus
17-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Have stayed away since 19th May 2012 and will not be back until Petrie is out of the door.

Right now I would not go to ER if admission was free, because the football is **** and the complete opposite of what I expect from Hibernian.

If that makes me a bad man, then I can live with that.

edinburghhibee
17-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I stayed away as I said I would and without trying to rub it in I had a cracking day at go ape, was getting updates from my cousin and he was not painting a very good photo of the game. When fenlon has gone ill be back but until then it's Saturdays at day outs or taking in other football from the warmth and comfort of the bar with a coupon and a few pints.

Fair play to those hibees out there like my old man and cousin who attend regardless of the product. Not for me however life is to short.

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 05:47 PM
CAN I STAY AWAY.

Easy decision.

Fenlon Out Petrie Out

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I'd personally like to apologise on this board to Sleeping Giant. Calling anyone a clown was wrong.

I may disagree with things but I shouldn't have said that.

sleeping giant
17-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd personally like to apologise on this board to Sleeping Giant. Calling anyone a clown was wrong.

Appreciated and accepted. Still do not agree with what this thread implied but you explained that you didnt actually want supporters to stay away .
Appreciate the PM as well.

Its not the first time i've been called a clown on here and im sure it wont be the last.
I've also called folk a lot worse on here:greengrin

:aok:

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Appreciated and accepted. Still do not agree with what this thread implied but you explained that you didnt actually want supporters to stay away .
Appreciate the PM as well.

Its not the first time i've been called a clown on here and im sure it wont be the last.
I've also called folk a lot worse on here:greengrin

:aok:

No problem, posting after a match isn't the best thing to do, well not in my case.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2013, 06:52 PM

Heat of the moment TC heat of the moment. Takes a big man to apologise publicly. Good for you.

h1bs4life
17-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Can i stay away , no because I stupidly renewed my season ticket in April and they already have my money. If i didnt have a season ticket would I have paid £22 today to watch that. No way. We had 16000 the 1st game at Easter Road this season , todays crowd 9,171 . Been mentioned we have around 8000 season ticket holders and although few stayed away take away United supporters who paid dont think there would be a lot of Hibs supporters who paid at the gate. Keeping Fenlon is costing the club thousands.

Thecat23
17-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Heat of the moment TC heat of the moment. Takes a big man to apologise publicly. Good for you.

Yeah it was heat of the moment we all have our thoughts about Fenlon and the board etc. I do want them out that won't change but end of the day everyone has a right to an opinion and if folk are backing them who am I to say you can't or shouldn't. Time will tell soon though as I think he will be gone. After that hopefully we can move forward.

Sudds_1
17-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll be there, I'd find it hard to say no.

do you have a sister ? :devil::greengrin