PDA

View Full Version : Fenlons latest interview

CallumLaidlaw
15-08-2013, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYADqrWLko

Thoughts?

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 06:12 PM
My thoughts are i'm not interested in anything he has to say anymore.

wheniwas5
15-08-2013, 06:12 PM
his interviews are better than his tactics thou says he has too attack more at home so we will see on Saturday..

lugz
15-08-2013, 06:16 PM

This. Sick of listening to the crap he talks, full of empty promises. Sooner he's gone the better.

Treadstone
15-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Longer than his/Hibernian TVs usual efforts. Not by chance i suspect.:cb

dmc1875
15-08-2013, 06:19 PM
He says the supporters are in for a good game on Saturday...

Hmm let's wait and see if he keeps his word!

No surprise he continually mentions the need to attack more at home...

jeffers
15-08-2013, 06:21 PM
He genuinely believes he has the players and can turn things round. He has no intention of leaving.

Part/Time Supporter
15-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I see Hibs are still adopting the "European games don't count" position.

Perhaps it would have been an idea to tell everyone that before selling tickets?

hibbymick
15-08-2013, 06:24 PM
He says the supporters are in for a good game on Saturday...

Hmm let's wait and see if he keeps his word!

No surprise he continually mentions the need to attack more at home...

We were looking for a good game last weekend against a bunch of laddies. Slaver of a man.

Gustavo Fring
15-08-2013, 06:25 PM
He genuinely believes he has the players and can turn things round. He has no intention of leaving.

i believe he has the players to turn things around , he just doesnt have a clue how to use them

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 06:26 PM
He's got no choice to attack, Dundee Utd have pace up top in G'Willie, GMS and Armstrong.

Defensive football is in his DNA - Pat knows no different I'm afraid. It's 'just vowels, subsidised ******* vowels' as Jamie McDonald from The Thick of It would say !

Heisenberg
15-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Why does he never count the Malmo games when talking about the start of the season? Cant just brush them under the carpet Pat :rolleyes: I'd be amazed if he has somehow figured out how to get his team playing football in the space of 5 days.

WhileTheChief..
15-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Longer than his/Hibernian TVs usual efforts. Not by chance i suspect.:cb

Yet still manages to say nothing of note.

Didn't deserve to lose.
Not much wrong.
Gotta stick together.
Gotta win more games

Has said pretty much the same after every game since he's been here.

Id much rather he was fuming saying things were crap and that he demands much better.

Seems like we've all got it wrong and there's nothing to worry about..

Golden Bear
15-08-2013, 06:28 PM
i believe he has the players to turn things around , he just doesnt have a clue how to use them

:agree:

In A NUTSHELL.

JimBHibees
15-08-2013, 06:34 PM

Perhaps it would have been an idea to tell everyone that before selling tickets?

Agree this nonsense only two games into the season. Dont insult anyones intelligence. This nonsense that derbies are always tight with little chances line also well if you try not to pass the ball then that is exactly what will happen. We were playing a substantially weakened Hearts team on -15 and lost when we had played one of our best games there at the end of last season. While his line about attacking more at home is fair enough there should be no way we should be excusing how poor we were at Tynie on Sunday. This we didnt deserve to lose means nothing, for 15 mins apart at the start of the second half that is as awful a performance as I have seen in a long time against a team IMO who are very poor and were there for the taking.

How about we were very disappointed in the performance we thought given our experience we would go there and dominate however we palpably failed to do that and paid the consequences. To gloss over how bad that actually was is IMO poor.

lucky
15-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Usual crap, full of promises but not ability. I'm only interested in his resignation speech.

carnoustiehibee
15-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I would've been optimistic with that speech last year, but I've heard the same ***** time and time again from him he's lost all respect from me.

Onion
15-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Can't face even pressing play on that propaganda. If Hibs play a different style on Saturday it will be equivalent to the 2nd half v Falkirk - sheer desperation ! If it works, Fenlon will revert to type within a game or two. If we get horsed, Fenlon will revert to type.

This circus has gone on too long .... just STOP.

steakbake
15-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Or giving up the space to someone who would have given it a right good go and fancied advancing in the tournament as opposed to seeing it as a family fun day out like the cup final.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2013, 06:48 PM
He genuinely believes he has the players and can turn things round. He has no intention of leaving.Well obviously, is there something wrong with him having faith in himself and his players? It would be stupid if he didn't.

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Or giving up the space to someone who would have given it a right good go and fancied advancing in the tournament as opposed to seeing it as a family fun day out like the cup final.

The 'right good go' reminded me of the other idiot we had......just as my mood was lifting steakbake 😀

bingo70
15-08-2013, 06:58 PM

I want him to go now but as long as he's here that's the attitude I'd expect from him.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Exactly, why waste important banner making and protest organising listening this :wink:

BoltonHibee
15-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I switched off listening to his bull**** over a year ago.

The mans a clueless clown

bingo70
15-08-2013, 07:08 PM
I really like fenlon, quite gutted for him its no working out. It was much easier when we were hounding calderwood out.

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2013, 07:09 PM

In A NUTSHELL.

Nail on head mate....he is clueless!!

Captain Trips
15-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Listening to this and taking into account what I have witnessed in last 3ys all he has over Calderwood is charisma which tbh wasnt hard.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Maybe the wrong thread but what does strike me is the fragmented approach we have to a management team. PF never seemed to have his own TEAM and I'm talking about a manager taking over a club and bringing in an assistant, a couple of coaches the lot. We have brought in a new manager and his assistant and had to make do with what was there, that is wrong. It needs to be an overhaul with fresh men at all levels and with different ideas, no disrespect but not having a goal keeping coach visibility pivotal to what we do in the dug out consulted on a number of things. Not saying he is inept, just illustrating the point we haven't had a MANAGEMENT TEAM for a number of years, hence the instability and problems IMO.

GreenCastle
15-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Usual cliches - work hard - try and turn it around - rub of the green - not been lucky...etc etc...there is more to coaching / managing than that!

So do we have a different philosophy / style of play for home and away games? Sounds like it...

There was no excuse last weekend for playing into the yams hands - if we had tried to play with confidence and width we would have won that game - instead of getting our 1st corner in about the 80th minute.

He would probably have done himself more favours if he had come out and said last week was unacceptable and he will make it up to the fans.

If there isn't attacking football this weekend then he better prepared for some serious flack from fans - I won't be one but I know others in the East and the rest of the stadium will be giving him some.

For me an attacking formation is 4-3-3 - think he will go 4-4-2 - but haven't a clue who his wingers will be ? :confused:

NorthNorfolkHFC
15-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Yet still manages to say nothing of note.

Didn't deserve to lose.
Not much wrong.
Gotta stick together.
Gotta win more games

Has said pretty much the same after every game since he's been here.

Id much rather he was fuming saying things were crap and that he demands much better.

Seems like we've all got it wrong and there's nothing to worry about..

Why cannot he mention tactics and discuss what we need to do to win games.

It's just we have to tick together and once we get luck we'll win. Total embarrassment.

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I switched off listening to his bull**** over a year ago.

The mans a clueless clownStrange you call him that yet wouldn't be able to do a better job. He may not be the right man for Hibs but a clueless clown wouldn't have 8 club trophies as a manager to his name.

hibee_girl
15-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I really like fenlon, quite gutted for him its no working out. It was much easier when we were hounding calderwood out.

:agree: this is horrible

Time For Heroes
15-08-2013, 07:44 PM
THE Edinburgh side have endured a miserable start to the campaign, but Fenlon insists that the fans are still on his side. UNDER-PRESSURE Hibernian boss Pat Fenlon insists he has no complaints about his treatment from the Easter Road support.
The Leith manager is facing mounting criticism following the club's dire start to the season - with fans already calling for the Irishman to be replaced.
The Edinburgh side suffered Scotland's worst ever European result when they were humiliated 7-0 by Malmo in the Europa League qualifiers before losing to Motherwell in the Scottish Premiership opener.
To make matters even worse, Fenlon's side then lost 1-0 to administration-hit Hearts in last Sunday's Edinburgh derby.
Popular supporters forum Hibs.net :hnet:even asked fans in an online survey if the 44-year-old should stay or go following the Tynecastle defeat, and around 93 per cent of the near 600 respondents indicated a change was now needed.
But Fenlon said: "I bump into supporters now and again. I don't have too many conversations with them to be honest, just because I'm too engrossed in the job that I'm not around the town very often.
"But the supporters have been different class and we just ask them to continue to do that. They have backed the team to the hilt and there is nothing negative from me in relation to that. They have been brilliant."
Despite the flak being directed his way, former Bohemians and Shelbourne boss Fenlon put a brave face on as he defended his side's record so far this season.
The club have lost all four matches, conceding 11 goals while failing to score at all at the other end.
Since replacing former Easter Road boss Colin Calderwood, Fenlon has seen Hibs lose 45 per cent of the league games he has been in the dugout for.
For many of the club's supporters, Sunday's derby defeat was the final straw and the boss was treated to a chorus of angry boos following the match won by Callum Paterson's second-half header.
But Fenlon insists his players have responded in positive fashion, claiming: "It hasn't been hard picking the boys up. I have to be honest and say it has been a good week.
"It's not been doom and gloom at the training centre. The players have certainly been bubbly and trained really well.
"The crux of the matter has been the European result, which was so poor.
"But the league games, we have lost both of them when in my eyes we should have got something out of both of them.
"That's football, it's the way the game has gone. You are only ever two games away from a crisis, no matter what club you are at. You have to deal with it.
"But the players have been brilliant and are looking forward to the weekend."
The one consolation Fenlon can look upon ahead of this weekend's meeting with Dundee United is that Jackie McNamara's side have hardly started the new campaign on fire either, following up their goalless draw with Partick a fortnight ago with a 1-0 defeat to Inverness.
"They are a lot like ourselves in that they have made a lot of changes and are trying to gel it together," said Fenlon.
"But they have got some really good players in Gary Mackay-Stevens and David Goodwillie and experience dotted around their team too. We will need to be careful."
Fenlon had hoped to give his team a boost by capturing former Celtic winger Paddy McCourt but the Northern Irishman is still hoping to land a move to America.
The Hibs boss, however, does have a plan B if McCourt cannot be persuaded to move to the capital.
"There's nothing new on the situation with Paddy," Fenlon said. "We would love to be able to sign him. He's a very, very good player and will have a lot of options.
"We are doing as much as we can to make that happen. We want to bring in a wide player if we can and Paddy fits the bill. But there are one or two others that we have had a look at in case it doesn't happen."

jeffers
15-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Well obviously, is there something wrong with him having faith in himself and his players? It would be stupid if he didn't.
No of course there isn't, however nothing I have seen this season suggests to me he can turn things round.

Hibhibhooray
15-08-2013, 07:46 PM

Spot on don't think he has it, the time for talking is long gone, actions on the pitch are the only answer....

Ozyhibby
15-08-2013, 07:53 PM
I despise the man now. He knows he is finished but is hanging on to take every last penny he can out the club. Good manners prevent me from expressing my true thoughts on him.
Most annoying is that until 3 weeks ago he was Teflon on here.

JimBHibees
15-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I despise the man now. He knows he is finished but is hanging on to take every last penny he can out the club. Good manners prevent me from expressing my true thoughts on him.

Ridiculous comment.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 08:08 PM

Despise him ffs he's an honest man who has never been anything but honest and gave his best,if that wasn't good enough then fair enough but this type of comment is ****ing out of order and in all honesty I despise some hibs fans that come out with this nonsense.

hfc rd
15-08-2013, 08:15 PM
Haven't listened to it yet but will probably give it a miss as no doubt it will be the exact same thing he's been sprouting over and over again.

sleeping giant
15-08-2013, 08:19 PM

What a twatty thing to say. Ffs.

sleeping giant
15-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Despise him ffs he's an honest man who has never been anything but honest and gave his best,if that wasn't good enough then fair enough but this type of comment is ****ing out of order and in all honesty I despise some hibs fans that come out with this nonsense.

Agree with every single word.

hibee_girl
15-08-2013, 08:24 PM

eastterrace
15-08-2013, 08:27 PM
dead man walking, wait till you see his interview after saturday game same old pish. i really wish it had worked out for him but its over pat

GoldenEagle
15-08-2013, 08:27 PM

Well said mate.

Spike Mandela
15-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Looking for a winger........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23719557

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 08:39 PM

You might not rate him as a football manager and you may wish that he was anywhere other than the home dugout at Easter Road on matchdays but to say that you despise him is actually beyond belief.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 08:41 PM

Hes talking about McCourt mate, it's the end game with that deal hence the we a looking at other options in a sense of either sign or not.

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 08:41 PM

Need more than one winger Spike, and also require a creative spark in midfield. The team is woefully short and if the management team still think 'a winger' will solve things then they're worse than I thought.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Ridiculous comment.Ridiculous I agree but not surprising as they come from one of the people here who has criticised PF since day one if not before . None of us are happy with Malmo or Derby results but criticicism which started before Pat`s Hibs career had taken off makes you question the motives . Don`t see anything wrong with the interview but wouldn`t expect many here to be interested and to be honest have never understood obsession with analysing any managers`words whether in good or bad times especially immediately after matches . Fenlon must be having a miserable time and wouldn`t be surprised if he decides he`s had enough . If I was him I`d be tempted to go after a couple of positive results but I hope he`s strong enough and sticks in .

greenpaper55
15-08-2013, 08:48 PM
The thing is he is trying his best and that might not be good enough but we have to remember he is a family man trying to hang onto his job with probably a mortgage and all the usual worries that goes with it, he has behaved in a dignified way and so should the supporters.

jeffers
15-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Ridiculous I agree but not surprising as they come from one of the people here who has criticised PF since day one if not before . None of us are happy with Malmo or Derby results but criticicism which started before Pat`s Hibs career had taken off makes you question the motives . Don`t see anything wrong with the interview but wouldn`t expect many here to be interested and to be honest have never understood obsession with analysing any managers`words whether in good or bad times especially immediately after matches . Fenlon must be having a miserable time and wouldn`t be surprised if he decides he`s had enough . If I was him I`d be tempted to go after a couple of positive results but I hope he`s strong enough and sticks in .

He has no intention of leaving, if he does go it will be because he has been sacked (or by mutual agreement as it will no doubt be worded.)

LancsHibs
15-08-2013, 08:53 PM
My thoughts were............ Oh no, he's still there:panic:

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 08:55 PM
He has no intention of leaving, if he does go it will be because he has been sacked (or by mutual agreement as it will no doubt be worded.)Maybe but main point was that a Hibs fan here had said he despised our manager and him or other ( can`t remember if same ) called him a clown so maybe however frustrated fans are with Hibs they could show a mínimum respect .

sesoim
15-08-2013, 08:57 PM
So we've signed 20 odd players, 8 in the this window, yet we still need to sign more. Fenlon obviously hopes if he keeps signing players we'll eventually start winning, or, at worst, he'll keep his job because of all the non-Hibs fans saying you can't sack someone you've just allowed to buy so many players.

I just wish even ONE reporter would really challenge him on his tactics and how expects us to score goals when he keeps picking at least two defensive midfielders and barely anyone gets into the box. Without Griffiths we will be lucky to score 30 goals this season with that squad. He's wasted too much of the budget on-non creative players, and there are still gaping holes all over the team.

stokesmessiah
15-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Funny how people bang on about Hibs Class.

While i appreciate people being angry and annoyed at the predicament that we are in, its amazing how quickly class goes out the window. Some of the comments on this page are ridiculous.

I can get why people were so angry with Calderwood, he genuinely treated our club poorly. But PF has been asked to take on a job (possibly one which is too big for him) and he is trying to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities. Of course you can argue that he is not hitting the standard we as fans of the club would expect, however this is not being done out of malice, hes just not good enough.

So to hear the way some people have suddenly turned and speak about him on here just makes me shake my head.

Golden Bear
15-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Respect has got to be earned but Fenlon has done absolutely zero to earn my respect.

stokesmessiah
15-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Respect has got to be earned but Fenlon has done absolutely zero to earn my respect.

So you personally attack anyone who has not earned your respect. Must be a nice guy to be around!

stokesmessiah
15-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Out of interest were you spouting that very same nonsense down the pub after the last game against Hearts last season?

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 09:14 PM
So we've signed 20 odd players, 8 in the this window, yet we still need to sign more. Fenlon obviously hopes if he keeps signing players we'll eventually start winning, or, at worst, he'll keep his job because of all the non-Hibs fans saying you can't sack someone you've just allowed to buy so many players.

I just wish even ONE reporter would really challenge him on his tactics and how expects us to score goals when he keeps picking at least two defensive midfielders and barely anyone gets into the box. Without Griffiths we will be lucky to score 30 goals this season with that squad. He's wasted too much of the budget on-non creative players, and there are still gaping holes all over the team.The signing of 20 and 8 players you mention shows what happens in modern football , not just at Hibs . At every transfer window fans now expect new signings even if their teams are doing well . Which of the new signings are non - creative ? Collins and Vine who scored quite a few last season ? Craig likewise but from midfield ? Is PF to blame for Harris and Cairney getting bad injuries at same time ? Still 2 weeks till transfer window closes -in other years , we signed right up till last minute . Maybe this year , new signings will have settled in by the end of August and we`ll start to progress then .

Golden Bear
15-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Out of interest were you spouting that very same nonsense down the pub after the last game against Hearts last season?

One swallow diisnae make a summer and no I wasn't near a pub. Nor do I spout nonsense - only facts.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 09:18 PM

Do u respect mixu and yogi or for that matter sauzee? Didn't see any of them do a better job as manager did you? We,can make our views heard individually which all differ but we can at lest collectively retain a bit of class and dignity and comments like this IMO are shocking. The 2 cup finals he got us into regardless of the results, you'd be respecting him to the hilt at 255pm on each of those days no doubt. You can believe a manager isn't good enough but can still retain respect for his hard efforts, irrelevant if ultimately successful or not.

respect is something a serious amount of people on here lack, sad reflection on society these days for me. We can respect an associate who is a jambo,but we can't respect our own manager regardless of his ability.

Golden Bear
15-08-2013, 09:20 PM
So you personally attack anyone who has not earned your respect. Must be a nice guy to be around!

I've not personally "attacked him" as you put it !

jeffers
15-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Maybe but main point was that a Hibs fan here had said he despised our manager and him or other ( can`t remember if same ) called him a clown so maybe however frustrated fans are with Hibs they could show a mínimum respect .

And personally I thought that comment was totally uncalled for. By all accounts Fenlon is a really nice bloke and he's doing his best, so I will never get personal with him. I'm sorry things are not working out for him. My point IH was that while he may be feeling pressure he has no intention of resigning.

flash
15-08-2013, 09:27 PM
We really do have some plums amongst our support.

MADE IN LEITH
15-08-2013, 09:31 PM

Actions speak louder in words and the only way to convince me and the rest of us is to WIN on Saturday and take us forward from there with a steady stream of results.

I think more and more of the support will become more disillusioned as the season goes on if the bad results continue.

Captain Trips
15-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Look the bottom line is he has tried his best or is trying his best, I had my doubts about 3mths in and aired them at 6mths when IMO was clear he wasnt right but I so so wanted him to do well as coming in after CC his attitude was 100x better.

I have only criticised him on the football front IMO it shouldnt go any further than that. He is giving us 100% which unfortunatly isnt good enough unlike CC who I seriously wonder what % he was giving in the last 2/3 months. I just wish he would resign before he becomes disliked as a person which is happening already.

Time to quit while your a bit behind Pat.

Purehibee_MYB
15-08-2013, 09:35 PM

I just wish even ONE reporter would really challenge him on his tactics and how expects us to score goals when he keeps picking at least two defensive midfielders and barely anyone gets into the box. Without Griffiths we will be lucky to score 30 goals this season with that squad. He's wasted too much of the budget on-non creative players, and there are still gaping holes all over the team.

The Hibernian TV presenters are hardly going to ask those questions, and in a turbulent time such as the present, he isn't going to do any more than the standard post match interviews with any other journalists.

Boyle89
15-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Anyone else feel like they wasted several minutes of their lives listening to that? Can't stand this unlucky nonsense! We didn't do enough to win the games, stop saying we were unlucky! Why can't he just come out and say he got it wrong?

Greenblood70
15-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Please just go Pat. Before it gets even more unpleasant.

Time For Heroes
15-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Funny how people bang on about Hibs Class.

While i appreciate people being angry and annoyed at the predicament that we are in, its amazing how quickly class goes out the window. Some of the comments on this page are ridiculous.

I can get why people were so angry with Calderwood, he genuinely treated our club poorly. But PF has been asked to take on a job (possibly one which is too big for him) and he is trying to carry out his duties to the best of his abilities. Of course you can argue that he is not hitting the standard we as fans of the club would expect, however this is not being done out of malice, hes just not good enough.

So to hear the way some people have suddenly turned and speak about him on here just makes me shake my head.

Ozyhibby
15-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Ridiculous I agree but not surprising as they come from one of the people here who has criticised PF since day one if not before . None of us are happy with Malmo or Derby results but criticicism which started before Pat`s Hibs career had taken off makes you question the motives . Don`t see anything wrong with the interview but wouldn`t expect many here to be interested and to be honest have never understood obsession with analysing any managers`words whether in good or bad times especially immediately after matches . Fenlon must be having a miserable time and wouldn`t be surprised if he decides he`s had enough . If I was him I`d be tempted to go after a couple of positive results but I hope he`s strong enough and sticks in .

From before his Hibs career began? Seriously? My Criticism came after 3 months of watching him in the job where he, amazingly, managed zero improvement in form from Colin Calderwood.
He then signed loads of new players and guess what? We still did not improve.
However, I will back down from my original statement in that Despise was a bit harsh and personal. It's not him I hate, its the job he's doing. It's his actions just now, hanging on for pay off like Calderwood that I can't stand.
My anger since Sunday has not gone away.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Look the bottom line is he has tried his best or is trying his best, I had my doubts about 3mths in and aired them at 6mths when IMO was clear he wasnt right but I so so wanted him to do well as coming in after CC his attitude was 100x better.

I have only criticised him on the football front IMO it shouldnt go any further than that. He is giving us 100% which unfortunatly isnt good enough unlike CC who I seriously wonder what % he was giving in the last 2/3 months. I just wish he would resign before he becomes disliked as a person which is happening already.

Time to quit while your a bit behind Pat.Very fair comments but are you sure you mean months and not days / weeks ? If you do mean months , 6 months coincided with first SC final - immediately after a bad defeat ( or victory ) is maybe not best time to take long term decisions so I`m glad PF did not leave within days of 2012 final or Malmo or recent Derby defeats ( or get longer contract after reaching finals or beating Celtic last December ) . As for disliking manager ( any manager not just PF ) as a person , that`s a problem of fan ( ? ) - if genuine feeling then should be looking at other hobby and ways to improve his / her own life

Time For Heroes
15-08-2013, 09:50 PM
One swallow diisnae make a summer.
I would make my weekend though!:whistle:

Fergus52
15-08-2013, 09:53 PM
We really do have some plums amongst our support.

:agree:.

It's embarrassing, hibs class my arse.

smurf
15-08-2013, 09:56 PM
He didn't appear to me to be a man feeling pressure or indeed hurting.

Fergus52
15-08-2013, 09:56 PM
From before his Hibs career began? Seriously? My Criticism came after 3 months of watching him in the job where he, amazingly, managed zero improvement in form from Colin Calderwood.
However, I will back down from my original statement in that Despise was a bit harsh and personal. It's not him I hate, its the job he's doing. It's his actions just now, hanging on for pay off like Calderwood that I can't stand.

That's just idiotic.

I want Fenlon out now, but to say we didn't improve over summer 2012 is just stupid.

We were top of the league at October ffs.

And don't say it was down to luck because we had just as many unlucky games last season as we did lucky ones.

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Please just go Pat. Before it gets even more unpleasant.

Agreed. He's a nice guy who is dedicated to improving the club, but it hasn't worked out, as anybody can see by the results. The longer he hangs on, the less likely it is to bring out the best in folk.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 10:01 PM
My anger since Sunday has not gone away.Apologies . I thought you were one of a handful here who seemed to be attacking PF from very early on and had continued to reappear after every bad result . Credit also for admitting that use of " despise " was unnecessary and more a reflection on you at moment of writing than on PF . As for waiting for pay off etc I don`t know , hopefully criticism will spur him on to get most out of players and prove critics wrong but even if we repeated last season`s run in league he`d have his critics , that`s the nature of football .

Captain Trips
15-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Very fair comments but are you sure you mean months and not days / weeks ? If you do mean months , 6 months coincided with first SC final - immediately after a bad defeat ( or victory ) is maybe not best time to take long term decisions so I`m glad PF did not leave within days of 2012 final or Malmo or recent Derby defeats ( or get longer contract after reaching finals or beating Celtic last December ) . As for disliking manager ( any manager not just PF ) as a person , that`s a problem of fan ( ? ) - if genuine feeling then should be looking at other hobby and ways to improve his / her own life

I wasn't impressed before the final. As for a dislike for a manager as a person I have no problem in saying I disliked Calderwood.

sleeping giant
15-08-2013, 10:07 PM

What kind of pay off do you imagine he would get. He'll not be on much.

steakbake
15-08-2013, 10:57 PM
The 'right good go' reminded me of the other idiot we had......just as my mood was lifting steakbake 😀

Apologies. I meant we should have offered the European place to another team. They would be entitled to look into that particular bag of sweeties to see what was on offer... is that better?

GreenOnions
15-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Exactly, why waste important banner making and protest organising listening this :wink:

I don't know - maybe it's my age but I just don't understand a lot of stuff that's posted??????

Just_Jimmy
15-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I dont think he says a lot thats wrong tbf.

It may be unpopular but thats how i feel.

We were crap v them but we DIDNT deserve to lose. A draw would have been fair.

We need width. Harris and cairney HAVE AND WILL be misses. Hes trying to address this. He admits he wants a flair player like McCourt.

To progress every does need to be on board.

Saying that I think he needs to just throw of the shackles and show the support hell try and play football to win. If he can ill say fair enough.

Shields Hibee
15-08-2013, 11:35 PM
He's a nice guy but its always the same old stories from him. Didn't deserve to lose, hard luck, give us time to turn it round etc. If you go on youtube & search for a Fenlon interview from his days in Ireland, most of the comments are the same we hear now. Fenlon is more charismatic than Calderwood was, CC's interviews were bland & don't think talking to the media was his strong point.

We are going to be more adventurous & attacking on Saturday as were at home, lets wait until Saturday then!

Pete
15-08-2013, 11:39 PM

We need width. Harris and cairney HAVE AND WILL be misses. Hes trying to address this. He admits he wants a flair player like McCourt.

Saying that I think he needs to just throw of the shackles and show the support hell try and play football to win. If he can ill say fair enough.

I agree.

One thing he did say when talking about united was "we need to be careful". Yes Pat, but we also need to attack them.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 11:43 PM

Saying that I think he needs to just throw of the shackles and show the support hell try and play football to win. If he can ill say fair enough.Agree 100% . Never give importance to managers`comments anyway whether they`re from a Hibs manager or not or after a good or bad result . We didn`t play well against Hearts but no neutral would say we deserved to lose ( many would say we deserved to win ) just as we didn`t deserve to draw at Tynecastle at New Year or win cup match last season or only draw in Griffiths goal draw match . Club needs to improve PR ( promote youth team success , new shirts , new signings , European match was hardly advertised , visit of FAI team etc. ..) especially when there is negative feeling expressed on websites and picked up by press desperate for controversy .

onfire
15-08-2013, 11:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DYADqrWLko

Thoughts?

Fenlon just needs a break and a bit time to kick start the season. He's paying a heavy price for being successful last season and getting to the cup final and in Europe. Ok malmo was a crap result but 3 out of the 4 defenders that we would have started were injured - mcpake during the game.

The same sort of stuff happened to mcleish before he jumped to the Huns, I still believe mixu would have come good had he been given more time.

Fenlon tried to get other players in and wasnt able to because of finance, he's still got time to bring in new players. We've been bit hard with Harris and carney being out.

For me, this crisis has been dredged up by jambo press sympathisers, jumped on by the disenchanted cos of the couple of poor 1.0's that could/ should have gone the other way.

Just IMO - everyone had theirs.

IberianHibernian
15-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Fenlon just needs a break and a bit time to kick start the season. He's paying a heavy price for being successful last season and getting to the cup final and in Europe. Ok malmo was a crap result but 3 out of the 4 defenders that we would have started were injured - mcpake during the game.

The same sort of stuff happened to mcleish before he jumped to the Huns, I still believe mixu would have come good had he been given more time.

Fenlon tried to get other players in and wasnt able to because of finance, he's still got time to bring in new players. We've been bit hard with Harris and carney being out.

For me, this crisis has been dredged up by jambo press sympathisers, jumped on by the disenchanted cos of the couple of poor 1.0's that could/ should have gone the other way.

Just IMO - everyone had theirs.I agree but my worry is that press and web pressure has allowed opinions to get too polarised and as with other managers Petrie will try to stave off criticism of himself by ditching PF or PF will have had enough . Whoever is manager , I think we`ll be comfortably in top 6 or even 3 or 4 by end of October and if Petrie gives PF chance to sign 1 or 2 more ( and PF feels it`s worth going on ) this month top 2 will be posible . Another SC final ? 2 in a row took 80 years to repeat so 3 in a row would be really special .

silverhibee
16-08-2013, 12:27 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manager-pat-fenlon-says-fans-2172584

Just leave our club Pat.

HFC 0-7
16-08-2013, 12:34 AM

If we didnt score and they did which didn't occur through dodgy decisions then we deserved to get beat and they deserved the win.

Why do you think we deserved something from the game? Because they were not all over us for long periods of time?

If we had 90% possession and 100 shots on goal and we get beat by the opposition who had one shot at goal then we deserved to get beat because having 100 shots and not scoring would mean that we are rank at shooting or their keeper is amazing!

The only time you can say that we didnt deserve to lose is if we got beat because of dodgy decisions.

Just_Jimmy
16-08-2013, 12:53 AM
If we didnt score and they did which didn't occur through dodgy decisions then we deserved to get beat and they deserved the win.

Why do you think we deserved something from the game? Because they were not all over us for long periods of time?

If we had 90% possession and 100 shots on goal and we get beat by the opposition who had one shot at goal then we deserved to get beat because having 100 shots and not scoring would mean that we are rank at shooting or their keeper is amazing!

The only time you can say that we didnt deserve to lose is if we got beat because of dodgy decisions.

Because whilst we didnt score they also spent most of the game rolling around. Play acting and time wasting. They were never in the game and got a break. Fair play, it wasnt quite a smash and grab but it was never a dominant performance where we were humped.

I'm no fan of pats style of football and i think he should have gone after malmo but if that game had been anyone except hearts the backlash would never have been as strong.

Boyle89
16-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Because whilst we didnt score they also spent most of the game rolling around. Play acting and time wasting. They were never in the game and got a break. Fair play, it wasnt quite a smash and grab but it was never a dominant performance where we were humped.

I'm no fan of pats style of football and i think he should have gone after malmo but if that game had been anyone except hearts the backlash would never have been as strong.
Maybe the backlash was so strong because hearts are 'the worst team in the league'. And the fact that it was the worst hearts team in years and we still didnt take the game to them?

Pete
16-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Maybe the backlash was so strong because hearts are 'the worst team in the league'. And the fact that it was the worst hearts team in years and we still didnt take the game to them?

I think we need to wait for the season to develop before we start labelling teams like that.....including our own.

Boyle89
16-08-2013, 01:05 AM
I think we need to wait for the season to develop before we start labelling teams like that.....including our own.

Which is why I used quotation marks. But you can't deny that we didn't take the game to them which was the most dissapponting thing for me.

Just_Jimmy
16-08-2013, 01:16 AM

We also did create more (admittedly not much) chances than them and had collins or tawio scored we may well have won or drawn the game.

I understand the blacklash. I know why people are unhappy. All i'm saying is Fenlon hasn't said anything untrue in that interview. Our defence is still patched together, we have two good SPL "wingers" injured in harris and Paul. Pat said he wants wingers and a creative player.

I'd love him to win saturday and kick on and turn this around. I want hibernian to be successful and I'd be more than happy for pat to be the man to bring that. On the other hand. If he was not long hibs manager on sunday morning I wouldnt miss a beat.

Pete
16-08-2013, 01:27 AM
Which is why I used quotation marks. But you can't deny that we didn't take the game to them which was the most dissapponting thing for me.

I agree that we didn't but I think hearts played well and the predicted walkover never happened because they never let it happen.

We are low on confidence just now and players automatically go into defensive mode. I'm hoping we can rediscover it in time for the united match as they will smell blood and gain heart minute the negative cycle starts.

It's true that we weren't worse than hearts or well and I'm just hoping that we play like its our last game and show everyone that we actually can link up and score. Maybe if we do then an upward spiral can start. What does Pat have to lose?

Five up front instead of in midfield please. :greengrin

Steve20
16-08-2013, 02:04 AM
There's no need for personal abuse at the man, but I do think if he had that much respect for our club, he'd have walked by now.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2013, 02:57 AM
Most annoying is that until 3 weeks ago he was Teflon on here.What a stupid post.

lucky
16-08-2013, 07:55 AM
His results have been poor in the league, 2 weak cup final efforts were terrible. Even the embarrassment of Malmo can be overlooked to a certain extent but its his eye bleeding bad negative style of football that's killing us. As a Hibs fan I hope we win every week but accept that is unlikely, but I want Hibs to at least have a go at winning rather than being hard to beat and failing

Tyler Durden
16-08-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm at the stage where his comments just anger me.

Just to focus on the point of trying to sign a wide man for example. We have needed a wide player since Fenlon took over, certainly since he released Sproule (yet another player he failed to get anything out of). In last summers window he did nothing to address this. In January he gave us Matt Done and so far this summer....nothing. He got lucky with the emergence of Harris.

In the same period we have signed Claros, Deegan, Taiwo, Robertson, Thomson, resigned Stevenson, signed OTJ and Craig. All pretty similar players (probably with exception of Craig) vying for maximum of 3 spots and actually we should only need 2 starting if we played anything resembling decent football.

So please Pat don't give us any nonsense about needing time and trying to find a wide player.

Just go now.

Captain Trips
16-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Pat Fenlon is saying the sort of stuff that somebody not long in the door would be saying. He has had plenty of time and there are far to many excuses. By now it really should be crossing t's and dotting the i's I am not in agreement we havesthe squad as I do not know what our forwards are capable of.

YehButNoBut
16-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Another Fenlon video interview in the DR today, just same old stuff.

Wish we could change the title of this thread from latest to last.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-video-back-page-friday-2172616

Greendub
16-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Another Fenlon video interview in the DR today, just same old stuff.

Wish we could change the title of this thread from latest to last.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-video-back-page-friday-2172616

I thought that was the title?

Pray4Marc
16-08-2013, 12:31 PM
We had plenty chances against Hearts, they did nothing. If we can score early we will score a few this weekend. Someone is going to get a hiding of us when it all comes together.

Tyler Durden
16-08-2013, 12:41 PM
We had plenty chances against Hearts, they did nothing. If we can score early we will score a few this weekend. Someone is going to get a hiding of us when it all comes together.

"They" scored and won the game.

What exactly are waiting for coming together? What is our strategy to score a goal?

Pray4Marc
16-08-2013, 12:49 PM
When Vine and Collins find their feet, the complexion will change. Inverness didn't win any of their opening 7 games last season and finished 4th. We will beat United.

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I agree about the personal stuff ..... nae need for it. Pat Fenlon seems like a really nice man and when you hear him talk its very hard not to like him. But the problem is that being a really nice man doesnt win football matches or trophies ... or derby matches for that matter.

When you can put a team on the park with the experience of this current Hibs team luck shouldnt play any part in games like the last one. This wasnt a case of Hibs peppering the Yams keeper with shot after shot, hitting the post, hitting the bar, having goals chalked off by dubious offside decisions etc etc and then the Yams breaking up the park, getting the run of the ball and scoring a lucky goal.

We created next to nothing just the same as we did against Malmo and Motherwell. Our inability to pass the ball and create stuff from decent play is glaringly obvious and the fact that our version of a defence splitting ball seems to be a 40 yard lump up the park makes me wonder why we bothered to spend 200K on a striker, we might as well stick a centre half up there who would at least have a chance of winning one of our punts up the park. Not to mention, as has been stated by others, the baffling decision to bring on Sam Stanton at the PBS when he had Caldwell on the bench.

As for the winger debate ..........Lets forget for a second that it is obviously much better to have a specialist winger if you want to attack from wide positions .... This to my mind has become a bit of a red herring. I have never managed or coached a football team, but can somebody out there enlighten me please? Is there a rule or something in the coaching manual that states "no player who isnt actually a winger can go within 10 yards of the touchline, get the ball and try to beat the fullback" Because the way folk ( including Pat Fenlon ) go on you would think so.

As Pat himself has stated, Dundee United have had a pretty poor start to the season too, if we fail to beat them on Saturday then we will be in a real crisis ..... I dont want to hear any more about injuries, bad luck or anything else, its like a bloody stuck record. We have a decent squad of players compared to just about every club in the SPFL and if Pat Fenlon cant turn them into an effective attacking unit then its time for him to make way for somebody who can.

Golden Bear
16-08-2013, 05:15 PM
I agree about the personal stuff ..... nae need for it. Pat Fenlon seems like a really nice man and when you hear him talk its very hard not to like him. But the problem is that being a really nice man doesnt win football matches or trophies ... or derby matches for that matter.

When you can put a team on the park with the experience of this current Hibs team luck shouldnt play any part in games like the last one. This wasnt a case of Hibs peppering the Yams keeper with shot after shot, hitting the post, hitting the bar, having goals chalked off by dubious offside decisions etc etc and then the Yams breaking up the park, getting the run of the ball and scoring a lucky goal.

We created next to nothing just the same as we did against Malmo and Motherwell. Our inability to pass the ball and create stuff from decent play is glaringly obvious and the fact that our version of a defence splitting ball seems to be a 40 yard lump up the park makes me wonder why we bothered to spend 200K on a striker, we might as well stick a centre half up there who would at least have a chance of winning one of our punts up the park. Not to mention, as has been stated by others, the baffling decision to bring on Sam Stanton at the PBS when he had Caldwell on the bench.

As for the winger debate ..........Lets forget for a second that it is obviously much better to have a specialist winger if you want to attack from wide positions .... This to my mind has become a bit of a red herring. I have never managed or coached a football team, but can somebody out there enlighten me please? Is there a rule or something in the coaching manual that states "no player who isnt actually a winger can go within 10 yards of the touchline, get the ball and try to beat the fullback" Because the way folk ( including Pat Fenlon ) go on you would think so.

As Pat himself has stated, Dundee United have had a pretty poor start to Wthe season too, if we fail to beat them on Saturday then we will be in a real crisis ..... I dont want to hear any more about injuries, bad luck or anything else, its like a bloody stuck record. We have a decent squad of players compared to just about every club in the SPFL and if Pat Fenlon cant turn them into an effective attacking unit then its time for him to make way for somebody who can.

Yip - it's no good having the ingredients if you can't bake the cake.

Heedersnvolleys
16-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I thought it said "Fenlon's last interview" :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Entertainment/attacking football my arse.

KingFranck
17-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Did anyone hear his after match interview today? Have to be honest agreed with it 100% !! First half diabolical not 1 player could say he gave their all apart from Danny Handling. Much better second half but we need to start playing from the off not just the second half. He was spot on tbh
I'm his biggest critic but give him a bit of credit guys for telling it as it was today

Brightside
17-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Did anyone hear his after match interview today? Have to be honest agreed with it 100% !! First half diabolical not 1 player could say he gave their all apart from Danny Handling. Much better second half but we need to start playing from the off not just the second half. He was spot on tbh
I'm his biggest critic but give him a bit of credit guys for telling it as it was today

So if he thought that why didnt he hook them? He's full of guff and spent longer arguing with the 4th than telling his players what to do. Vine should never have been near the pitch after the first half. Its Fenlons just to run that team and yet again he sat doing nothing for most of the game.

KingFranck
17-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Agree Vine should be in the stand beside us Caldwell should be up top with Collins but still liked his honesty and tell me how could he hook 10 players at half time and play the second half with 4 players the 3 subs and Danny???