PDA

View Full Version : Fans meeting with Petrie (postponed)

Onion
15-08-2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibbies-get-a-chance-to-grill-rod-petrie-1-3046992

So how does the protest fit in with this ?

Who from Hibs.net is going, how will we all hear about the outcome ? Questions asked, answers given etc ? What good is grilling the main culprit behind closed doors going to do ? I see the article talks about concerns about recent results. IMHO this misses the main concern... the dubious quality of the last 5 managers, the process of choosing them, and who is getting sacked for that ?

Saorsa
15-08-2013, 10:28 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibbies-get-a-chance-to-grill-rod-petrie-1-3046992

So how does the protest fit in with this ?

Who from Hibs.net is going, how will we all hear about the outcome ? Questions asked, answers given etc ? What good is grilling the main culprit behind closed doors going to do ? I see the article talks about concerns about recent results. IMHO this misses the main concern... the dubious quality of the last 5 managers, the process of choosing them, and who is getting sacked for that ?Because it's much easier tae flannel a small group behind closed doors.

These meetings have been had before, in fact it's becoming a regular occurrence, the questions have been asked before. They'll get the same pile of horse manure and spin as before, Petrie will remain and we'll move along tae the next balls up and the next meeting. Odd that this has cropped up again at the last minute with the threat of protest, otherwise they'd still be hiding

Steve20
15-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Although this Q&A thing with Petrie is designed to end the protest - I just hope folk don't fall for it.

I don't think it will end the protest. I can't think of anything he can say that will be be acceptable.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I don't think it will end the protest. I can't think of anything he can say that will be be acceptable.

So let me get this straight.

People are up in arms because he says nothing, yet won't listen to what he has to say.

This is getting increasingly more confusing with every post on this thread.

I may turn up earlier than planned to watch the "protest". I anticipate a handful of people wandering about not really sure what their protest is about. Or a handful of people protesting about different things...

Either way I hope the media/press don't bother to attend as it's going to be rather embarrassing.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 11:32 AM

People are up in arms because he says nothing, yet won't listen to what he has to say.

I may turn up earlier than planned to watch the "protest". I anticipate a handful of people wandering about not really sure what their protest is about. Or a handful of people protesting about different things...

Either way hope the media/press don't bother to attend as it's going to be rather embarrassing.

You are just making things up now, most folk are up in arms because Hibernian Football Club is failing year after year. :confused:

Steve20
15-08-2013, 11:32 AM

I'm not up in arms because he isn't saying anything. I have no interest in what he has to say.

I'm not happy because he won't do anything. He made a mess of the Calderwood situation and now he's making a mess of the Fenlon one.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm not up in arms because he isn't saying anything. I have no interest in what he has to say.

I'm not happy because he won't do anything. He made a mess of the Calderwood situation and now he's making a mess of the Fenlon one.

He's made a mess of quite a lot of things over the last 6 or 7 seasons. Like you i dont bother listening to him either, he only wants to speak when he wants money.

SquashedFrogg, only an idiot would think folk were up in arms because Petrie says nowt.

SquashedFrogg
15-08-2013, 11:47 AM
You are just making things up now, most folk are up in arms because Hibernian Football Club is failing year after year. :confused:

I'm also unhappy at our continual failings. I've suffered like many over the years but I'm more concerned about how my son will be impacted. Over the last few years he has bought into being a Hibby while many if his friends follow 'more successful teams'. If we continue to fail the club may lose a future supporter as his interest and enthusiasm fades.

My point was a response to the post which referred to Petrie not having anything acceptable to say, in the midst of an outcry from people complaining that he says nothing.

I'd suggest we listen to what he has to say before jumping to conclusions.

What if he announced he was stepping down? Bringing someone new in? Shaving off the mouser? Would that be acceptable?

I don't know myself but feel a more pragmatic approach would be more appropriate at this time...

I'm also concerned that a shambolic and disorganised protest will just look silly and prove futile.

E10 Rifle
15-08-2013, 12:14 PM
If representatives do meet Rod (and this is the right message for him to be sending), then I hope they are representative of the views on this board i.e. only 16.5% of those in attendance represebt those who believe a protest is the right way to communicate concerns.

I'd hate for him to think this archaic means of putting a point across is widely held as they way forward by the majority.

JustSimplyHibs
15-08-2013, 12:34 PM
If representatives do meet Rod (and this is the right message for him to be sending), then I hope they are representative of the views on this board i.e. only 16.5% of those in attendance represebt those who believe a protest is the right way to communicate concerns.

I'd hate for him to think this archaic means of putting a point across is widely held as they way forward by the majority.

I'm sure the protest is just the start...

What potentially will come out of this meeting will be Fenlon getting booted out... no doubt this will make people happy and subdue some folk - until the next failed manager, like over the last decade back to square one scratching our heads wondering where it has went wrong.

I just hope that the folk who are attending this meeting put the right message over and insist that sacking another manager is not enough... by putting forward ideas of improving the footballing side i.e. there was a list of names somewhere on this forum that could be used to start sourcing potential DoF's or even tell them to look at European clubs as a source of footballing infrastructure that could be used for Hibs or even use the list of names as a tool for their expertise on making things better - as it stands the board know sweet FA about football but plenty about business.

Something has to change at this level cause it just aint working when it comes to football and managers!

WestStandMoaner
15-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Who from the Hibs Net and LWT is meeting Petrie as reported in the Evening News Tonight:flag:

ggth
15-08-2013, 02:02 PM
My question would be

who measures Mr Rob Petries on his success / failings

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Who from the Hibs Net and LWT is meeting Petrie as reported in the Evening News Tonight:flag:

Meeting was cancelled

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 02:06 PM

Meeting cancelled for the moment.

I was supposed to be one of the attendees.

Dashing Bob S
15-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I cancelled the meeting - I refuse to meet Petrie until he's shaved of that abominable moustache, invested in a made-to-measure rather than off-the-peg, suit and dispensed with those slip-on shoes.

Now you know.

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 02:10 PM

Any reason given PB ?

keep the faith
15-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Cancelling this meeting is a really poor move by the club in terms of PR.
Unless of course moves are afoot.....

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Any reason given PB ?

Not entirely sure to be honest.

Seems to have been at the request of some of the fans as opposed to the club though.

truehibernian
15-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Not entirely sure to be honest.

Seems to have been at the request of some of the fans as opposed to the club though.

Cheers buddy.

WestStandMoaner
15-08-2013, 02:15 PM

Any reason given for the cancellation, I attended the last LWT meeting and thought it was worth while, LWT should continue to meet with the board when ever possible but i do not think Mr Petrie should be holding meetings with small groups of fans, if he has something to say about the start of our season. He he should be brave enough to come out and make an announcement in the press. ( Is he worrying about a fans protest I wonder)

lEXO
15-08-2013, 02:19 PM
The meeting was cancelled as the groups wanted to get a valid mandate together before the meeting. So I heard, and it makes more sense rather than a rushed meeting and things get missed.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Any reason given for the cancellation, I attended the last LWT meeting and thought it was worth while, LWT should continue to meet with the board when ever possible but i do not think Mr Petrie should be holding meetings with small groups of fans, if he has something to say about the start of our season. He he should be brave enough to come out and make an announcement in the press. ( Is he worrying about a fans protest I wonder)

As said above, not entirely sure of reason for the cancellation.

Agree to an extent about meeting with small groups of fans, however i've done plenty mouthing off on here in the last few weeks so wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to meet Rod.

spike220
15-08-2013, 02:21 PM
As a fan base we don't what we want, I can just imagine the chant: WHAT DO WE WANT - various vague and poorly defined actions - WHEN DO WE WANT THEM - Some time in foreseeable future.

PatHead
15-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I was not going to the meeting but have heard that it was cancelled at the supporters' request rather than the board. I understand that this was to allow the various supporters groups time to consult with their members and ensure they were representing their groups rather than just representing themselves. I hope I haven't broken any confidences saying this and apologise if I have. The board can't be blamed for this cancellation.

WHUHibs
15-08-2013, 02:39 PM
I was not going to the meeting but have heard that it was cancelled at the supporters' request rather than the board. I understand that this was to allow the various supporters groups time to consult with their members and ensure they were representing their groups rather than just representing themselves. I hope I haven't broken any confidences saying this and apologise if I have. The board can't be blamed for this cancellation.

I think its quite clear for everyone.

No announcements or comments from the club after a disasterous start to the season. Add to that talk of protests, people not coming to the game, walk up fans etc,....then out of the blue LWT were asked to attend a meeting with other fans groups...on a thursday before the game..why,,,methinks its a good way to put a spin on everyone being together etc..

I think it will be far better for the board to announce a meeting which is open to the public and have a Q and A with Rod etc so we can get clarity on what is happening.

I feel there is a major disconect in the club between the board, manager and players and that shows why the perfomances on the pitch have been poor. This was a panic meeting arranged in order to quell discontent.

Come on Rod, organise a meeting at the stadium prior to an AGM to let the fans see what is happening and I am sure this would be quite enlightening and something Hibs PR machine couldnt spin out to us fans.

Im not in favour of a protest but I see that this plus , less fans through the gate, media focus plus the good work LWT etc are doing will bring a lot of pressure and not just the manager..

Mac
15-08-2013, 02:40 PM

what an absolute crock of dung, if people don't know now what the questions are that need asking they will never know, it would take approximately 5 minutes to collate the key questions, sounds like Petrie is playing everyone off each other, who specifically asked for the meeting to be postponed?

Also buying time as he knows if they get a result Saturday it takes a wee bit pressure off, if we lose he is in exactly the same situation, if I were a betting man he has given Fenlon 3 games to turn it around or the agreement will be he resigns.

WestStandMoaner
15-08-2013, 02:44 PM
As said above, not entirely sure of reason for the cancellation.

Agree to an extent about meeting with small groups of fans, however i've done plenty mouthing off on here in the last few weeks so wasn't going to turn down the opportunity to meet Rod.

No problem with you attending if you get the opportunity take it, it just amazes that Mr Petrie and the Board calls on season ticket holder to renew every year. They make comments that season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club but when it comes to the real issues why not consult them. Why, because he knows he can divide and conquer by dealing with smaller groups. If and when the meeting is rescheduled I hope the fans attending do not let him squirm out of the real issues facing our club

PatHead
15-08-2013, 02:45 PM
what an absolute crock of dung, if people don't know now what the questions are that need asking they will never know, it would take approximately 5 minutes to collate the key questions, sounds like Petrie is playing everyone off each other, who specifically asked for the meeting to be postponed?

Also buying time as he knows if they get a result Saturday it takes a wee bit pressure off, if we lose he is in exactly the same situation, if I were a betting man he has given Fenlon 3 games to turn it around or the agreement will be he resigns.

Just goes to show you can't win either way. Doubtless some folk would moan if certain questions were not asked. What may be obvious to you might not be to others or their questions might not be in depth enough. Oh well, that is what I get for trying to be helpful.

southsider
15-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Well i want a proper football man (director of football ?) to run the club, appoint the next head coach and deal with all football items. Liase with head coach about players, new signings etc. Work with Petrie ( or whoever ) about budgets etc. Get this club back where i think it should be, minimum of top 3 with no sevco or bdo fc. Steve Archibald ?????

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 02:47 PM

Agree re the 1st part about the questions needing asked. I spent much of last night trawling the boards here and on the bounce and had 6 questions written out. It's not rocket science.

I am fairly confident it was a group of fans that asked for the cancellation though (not me I hasten to add).

jonty
15-08-2013, 02:49 PM
No problem with you attending if you get the opportunity take it, it just amazes that Mr Petrie and the Board calls on season ticket holder to renew every year. They make comments that season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club but when it comes to the real issues why not consult them. Why, because he knows he can divide and conquer by dealing with smaller groups. If and when the meeting is rescheduled I hope the fans attending do not let him squirm out of the real issues facing our club

Logistics alone make that impossible in the timescales involved.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Cancelled because Petrie was on the lash at wembley last night with his SFA cronies and is to hungover to take the session.

"Grubbing around the message boards"

jonty
15-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Those going "from" hibs.net were going with their own questions and not representing anyone other than themselves. The only thing asked of them was that they post notes from the meeting back here on the board.

GreenPJ
15-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Has it been rescheduled?

Hibercelona
15-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Those going "from" hibs.net were going with their own questions and not representing anyone other than themselves. The only thing asked of them was that they post notes from the meeting back here on the board.

So you want notes from the up and coming meeting?

"Work in progress"
"Manger needs more time"
"Give the squad a chance to gel"
"We understand the fans concerns"
"Be sure to visit the club store on match days"

jonty
15-08-2013, 03:03 PM
So you want notes from the up and coming meeting?

"Work in progress"
"Manger needs more time"
"Give the squad a chance to gel"
"We understand the fans concerns"
"Be sure to visit the club store on match days"

Well done.

So if we know the answer, how come those going didn't know what the questions were!

B.H.F.C
15-08-2013, 03:27 PM
I wonder if Rod will do his usual walk round at BTG on Saturday?

Jack
15-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Bollocks!

The group I know that asked for the postponement are very clear in their own way that a proper consultation must take place before anyone can represent them. That's the way they work and their wishes should be respected. Although I'm not a member of their branch I know many of them personally and they should be applauded for the work they do, they, like many of us, are very passionate about our club.

Your post is based on ignorance, not knowing the facts, so making them up just so you can take a cheap shot at Petrie and the club. As if there isn't enough out there already, based on fact, that you could batter them with - should take you about 5 minutes.

hfc rd
15-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I wonder if Rod will do his usual walk round at BTG on Saturday?

Doubt it. He will be hiding in his office with the door locked and security guarding him.

Hibercelona
15-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Well done.

So if we know the answer, how come those going didn't know what the questions were!

Point is, it won't matter what the questions are. We'll get the same responses that we get year on year.

Our board are masters of diversion.

SMAXXA
15-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Cancelled because Petrie was on the lash at wembley last night with his SFA cronies and is to hungover to take the session.

Whats with your grubbing line under your posts? For some reason it gets right on my nerves :greengrin

Moon unit
15-08-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd sooner Petrie faces the anger,rather than offer a behind closed doors, orchestrated,sterile event which will be used as a cosy lip service meeting! why shouldn't he face folks who feel as passionate and bloody angry outside the West stand than meet the selected few over a nice cup of cocoa!...I should cocoa!

jonty
15-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Point is, it won't matter what the questions are. We'll get the same responses that we get year on year.

Our board are masters of diversion.
Then the questions need to be worded better and leave zero wiggle room.

Will the club be appointing a director of football to overseas all football matters. yes or no.
Does the club have plans to appoint one. yes or no.

Does the club have plans to address the style of football throughout the club to be one of free flowing attacking football. yes or no.

etc

Obviously asking when RP is leaving wont be on the table as no doubt that'll com eunder some sort of confidentiality/success planning/strategy but there are plenty of questions being asked on the forums that can have straight forward yes/no answers without going into Pats/players contract(s) etc

Of course, not everyone will believe the answers, even straight from the horses mouth, so to speak, but there you go.

DaveF
15-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Bollocks!

The group I know that asked for the postponement are very clear in their own way that a proper consultation must take place before anyone can represent them. That's the way they work and their wishes should be respected. Although I'm not a member of their branch I know many of them personally and they should be applauded for the work they do, they, like many of us, are very passionate about our club.

Your post is based on ignorance, not knowing the facts, so making them up just so you can take a cheap shot at Petrie and the club. As if there isn't enough out there already, based on fact, that you could batter them with - should take you about 5 minutes.

I'm assuming this is St Pats?

If it is, then I'll ask the question here as I did on the PM board. Were the other HSC branches invited too?

Jack
15-08-2013, 06:21 PM

If it is, then I'll ask the question here as I did on the PM board. Were the other HSC branches invited too?

I don't know, I only saw St Pats mentioned in dispatches.

lEXO
15-08-2013, 08:16 PM
I'd sooner Petrie faces the anger,rather than offer a behind closed doors, orchestrated,sterile event which will be used as a cosy lip service meeting! why shouldn't he face folks who feel as passionate and bloody angry outside the West stand than meet the selected few over a nice cup of cocoa!...I should cocoa!Or meet passionate and angry folk who will ask valid questions in an environment that will allow them to be heard, and hear the answers and challenge him on things they disagree with. That wouldn't happen if he stood outside the west stand and folk were shouting questions and abuse at him. Unfortunately that's what would happen.

Mac
15-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Bollocks!

Who's taking a pot shot at anyone other than the man who although has done good things in the past is now destroying our club, so if your not a member them why can you give such a concise response? And I'm the ignorant one!!

As a member of at association they will undoubtedly have the majority of emails and certainly access to various message boards along with hearing first hand the gripes of their members about the direction the club is taking, your not going to get the opportunity to ask 50 odd questions probably 3 at most per group, so you still telling me that couldn't be done in a few days??

I have a very good insight into how football clubs are run along with supporters associations, so I would say the only one coming across as ignorant is yourself.

Moon unit
15-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Or meet passionate and angry folk who will ask valid questions in an environment that will allow them to be heard, and hear the answers and challenge him on things they disagree with. That wouldn't happen if he stood outside the west stand and folk were shouting questions and abuse at him. Unfortunately that's what would happen.

So...any fan who turns up outside the ground to protest is a mindless moron,unable to have an educated opinion....oh, and they won't be as passionate as the invited ones who will be far more educated and better placed to meet with the Tache for his PR session!...:confused:

Hibbyradge
15-08-2013, 09:49 PM
So...any fan who turns up outside the ground to protest is a mindless moron,unable to have an educated opinion....oh, and they won't be as passionate as the invited ones who will be far more educated and better placed to meet with the Tache for his PR session!...:confused:

Is that your opinion?????

I can't see anyone else suggesting anything remotely like that apart from you.

Moon unit
15-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Is that your opinion?????

I can't see anyone else suggesting anything remotely like that apart from you.

Course it's not!...but I do think that there has been a lot of negative comments aimed at folks who wish to demonstrate,it's their choice,not everyone agrees, but it's their right to voice an opinion!...you highlighted only sarcastic part of my reply..I think everyone has a valid opinion in regards to moving things forward!

Hermit Crab
15-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Whats with your grubbing line under your posts? For some reason it gets right on my nerves :greengrin

Just a signature. I used to have hermit crabs in my marine tank and the hermit crabs used to grubb around the bottom of the tank feeding. :D.

Hermit Crab
15-08-2013, 10:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=194926524017369&id=160182580825097

Fenlon sacked?

Hermit Crab
15-08-2013, 10:05 PM
@HibernianFans: Pat Fenlon has not been sacked!!

Maybe not.

lEXO
15-08-2013, 10:49 PM
I didn't say that anyone who protests outside the ground is a mindless moron, uneducated or wont be as passionate as those who go to the meeting, those are your words. I didn't infer it either. If you can point out where I said that I would be grateful. Thanks

Moon unit
15-08-2013, 11:03 PM
I didn't say that anyone who protests outside the ground is a mindless moron, uneducated or wont be as passionate as those who go to the meeting, those are your words. I didn't infer it either. If you can point out where I said that I would be grateful. Thanks

Was not aiming comment at yourself,just letting off steam,mainly as I felt lots of posts had been negative at those who may protest..apologies if I came across as being an arse!

Hibbyradge
15-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Course it's not!...but I do think that there has been a lot of negative comments aimed at folks who wish to demonstrate,it's their choice,not everyone agrees, but it's their right to voice an opinion!...you highlighted only sarcastic part of my reply..I think everyone has a valid opinion in regards to moving things forward!

What part of your reply should I have quoted? :confused:

ionahibby
15-08-2013, 11:18 PM
This place and particular threads in general are becoming rather Jambo kickback esque like where as we are all bickering between ourselves rather than just supporting the club! Pretty embarrsing imo! Protests and shots are Petrie are just pointless really, we are becoming more like our smelly pinkoid neighbours every day!

Lmc2105
15-08-2013, 11:38 PM

:top marks

It's fair to say that we knew off no meeting and got no invite from the club either, am sure we were not the only HSC left out either, & if St Pats were the only branch invited then what does it say for the rest off us?

We have a lot off members like any other HSC Branch in which am sure would also like to have there say!

Pete
15-08-2013, 11:42 PM
@HibernianFans: Pat Fenlon has not been sacked!!

Maybe not.

Whats all this "grubbing around the message boards"?

Jack
15-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Who's taking a pot shot at anyone other than the man who although has done good things in the past is now destroying our club, so if your not a member them why can you give such a concise response? And I'm the ignorant one!!

As a member of at association they will undoubtedly have the majority of emails and certainly access to various message boards along with hearing first hand the gripes of their members about the direction the club is taking, your not going to get the opportunity to ask 50 odd questions probably 3 at most per group, so you still telling me that couldn't be done in a few days??

I have a very good insight into how football clubs are run along with supporters associations, so I would say the only one coming across as ignorant is yourself.

From the information available at the time that branch, among other groups, had asked for a postponement. I respected that request as I know thats how some groups, branches, organisations are run.

I will leave it to others to decide who is the ignorant one.

edinburghhibee
16-08-2013, 12:01 AM
This place and particular threads in general are becoming rather Jambo kickback esque like where as we are all bickering between ourselves rather than just supporting the club! Pretty embarrsing imo! Protests and shots are Petrie are just pointless really, we are becoming more like our smelly pinkoid neighbours every day!

Can't remember our pink neighbours having any sort of protest at all??? Their club is a baw hairs width away from disappearing forever mate and they still cant get together for a protest, we are nothing like them.

dangermouse
16-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Can't remember our pink neighbours having any sort of protest at all??? Their club is a baw hairs width away from disappearing forever mate and they still cant get together for a protest, we are nothing like them.

I think he meant more about the in fighting rather than the organising of a protest. Anyone on here any good at baking? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
16-08-2013, 07:42 AM

"Mr"Petrie? :hmmm:

Phil MaGlass
16-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Maybe the meetings been cancelled because Fenlon is about to be sacked and Petrie replaced????

southsider
16-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Maybe the meetings been cancelled because Fenlon is about to be sacked and Petrie replaced????

Ah wish !!!!!

Beefster
16-08-2013, 07:55 AM

You don't think that Rodders should be holding meetings with small groups of fans but went to a LWT meeting?

Saorsa
16-08-2013, 08:03 AM
You don't think that Rodders should be holding meetings with small groups of fans but went to a LWT meeting?Perhaps he means Petire shouldnae be holding meetings with small groups of fans unless he is in it. :wink: It would seem there are a few like that. :agree:

RIP
16-08-2013, 09:07 AM
You don't think that Rodders should be holding meetings with small groups of fans but went to a LWT meeting?

I think Mark means that LWT hold open meetings rather than the Chairman cherry picking which groups attend - is that correect MP?

Pedantic_Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Whats all this "grubbing around the message boards"?

I have no idea, it's up there with "keep the faith" that one of our, ironically, most negative posters writes after every post.

Hibbyradge
16-08-2013, 09:50 AM
I think Mark means that LWT hold open meetings rather than the Chairman cherry picking which groups attend - is that correect MP?

I think the Chairman is entitled to meet with anyone he chooses to.

He can choose which newspaper to talk to or which TV company he works with so the same applies to the fans, imo. He could just have issued a bland statement in the press, but instead offered to meet fans with access to a lot of other fans.

Petrie will say that he did this because he understands the strength of feeling amongst the fans, which is obviously true. If the strength of feeling wasn't so high, no meeting would have been offered.

Cynics will say it's a PR exercise, which it is. Of course it it. Any contact between the club and the fans is a PR exercise. This criticism leaves me confused.

However, with the level of anger and frustration amongst the fans since Sunday, I think that if he'd held an open meeting, even if he hadn't got lynched, it would quickly have descended into uproar. Folk would have been shouting over, or at, each other in order to shout at him.

Every explanation or comment he made would have been met with howls of derision and argument and while some might enjoy the prospect of venting in those circumstances, it would serve no other purpose. Frankly, it wouldn't be fair to put someone through that.

And that's before you include those with an anti-Petrie/STF agenda.

WHUHibs
16-08-2013, 10:29 AM
I think the Chairman is entitled to meet with anyone he chooses to.

He can choose which newspaper to talk to or which TV company he works with so the same applies to the fans, imo. He could just have issued a bland statement in the press, but instead offered to meet fans with access to a lot of other fans.

Petrie will say that he did this because he understands the strength of feeling amongst the fans, which is obviously true. If the strength of feeling wasn't so high, no meeting would have been offered.

Cynics will say it's a PR exercise, which it is. Of course it it. Any contact between the club and the fans is a PR exercise. This criticism leaves me confused.

However, with the level of anger and frustration amongst the fans since Sunday, I think that if he'd held an open meeting, even if he hadn't got lynched, it would quickly have descended into uproar. Folk would have been shouting over, or at, each other in order to shout at him.

Every explanation or comment he made would have been met with howls of derision and argument and while some might enjoy the prospect of venting in those circumstances, it would serve no other purpose. Frankly, it wouldn't be fair to put someone through that.

And that's before you include those with an anti-Petrie/STF agenda.

So after reading your post are you pro Petrie and farmer or not?

Do you believe it was a positive or a negative that Rod asked for a meeting at short notice?

Do you feel it's a positive or negative that no one from the board has made comment about the poor European performance and the poor start to the league in terms of results?

Do you think Rod can combine the CEO position and the Chairmanship role in combination with his 20 other executive positions in other businesses as well as his role with the SFA?

My take on it s he is not 100% focussed on Hibs and he is not an effective communicator and that leads to concerns and frustrations. With regard to STF I'm disappointed that he is not more visible.

What I would like is clarity and direction from the owner and board and more unity between the stadium and east mains..and of course a winning football team!

Hibbyradge
16-08-2013, 11:21 AM
So after reading your post are you pro Petrie and farmer or not? Is there only 2 choices, for and against? I'd prefer to have Abramovich than STF but I'd prefer Petrie to Vlad.

Do you believe it was a positive or a negative that Rod asked for a meeting at short notice? Positive for sure. He didn't have to offer any meeting.

Do you feel it's a positive or negative that no one from the board has made comment about the poor European performance and the poor start to the league in terms of results? Again, only 2 choices. I don't know what good a statement from the board would have done. It certainly wouldn't have placated the fans. For me, their silence is understandable.

Do you think Rod can combine the CEO position and the Chairmanship role in combination with his 20 other executive positions in other businesses as well as his role with the SFA? Does he really have that many jobs? I didn't know. When did he take back the position of CEO? It doesn't really matter what I think, though. You'd probably have to ask him or his boss to get an accurate answer.

My take on it s he is not 100% focussed on Hibs and he is not an effective communicator and that leads to concerns and frustrations. With regard to STF I'm disappointed that he is not more visible. Thanks for letting me know.

What I would like is clarity and direction from the owner and board and more unity between the stadium and east mains..and of course a winning football team! Me too! :aok:

I'm not sure what your questions had to do with my assertion that a public meeting would have been self defeating.

TowerHibs
16-08-2013, 11:55 AM
i would say that the fact RP wanted to arrange a meeting is positive and shows that the club are fully aware of the anger of the fans however i would make a few concerns:

- from reading a few posts, why only a hand selected HSC branches were invited. This feels a bit like PMQs when the PM has just ****ed it. He knows who they are and knows that deep down he can control the meeting.
- from the harshly arranged meeting, it does not give people time to attend or make arrangements.
- We have had meetings, comments, press/online statements before. RP and the clubs talk is cheap and is getting very boring.

My major concern with Hibs is that we have stalled. In a league without Rangers, a shocking and bloody wounded Hearts, poor Dundee Utd and Aberdeen we had a real real opportunity to be productive, ambitious and brave. This was our opportunity - we were told 10 years ago that the club would be in a position to challenge on & off the park. We bottled it. The longer it takes us to get like that, the harder and more expensive it will cost us in cash and losing supporters.

He missed the chance to get rid of CC and gain £400k. Instead it cost the club money to get rid of him and his team. I see a club that is happy it has a ground, training complex and a relative hardcore fan base. Not a club wanting to burst the stands with new, young supporters. Use new ideas to emerge the club in the community, use the players to go to schools to get kids excited or run language lasses for the increasing polish community in Leith. I see a club being smug with what they have done. Sooner they realise that the infrastructure was only the beginning the better. We need experienced people running the football side, we cannot afford to allow people to learn their trade at the club or we will go nowhere

JustSimplyHibs
16-08-2013, 12:04 PM
i would say that the fact RP wanted to arrange a meeting is positive and shows that the club are fully aware of the anger of the fans however i would make a few concerns:

- from reading a few posts, why only a hand selected HSC branches were invited. This feels a bit like PMQs when the PM has just ****ed it. He knows who they are and knows that deep down he can control the meeting.
- from the harshly arranged meeting, it does not give people time to attend or make arrangements.
- We have had meetings, comments, press/online statements before. RP and the clubs talk is cheap and is getting very boring.

My major concern with Hibs is that we have stalled. In a league without Rangers, a shocking and bloody wounded Hearts, poor Dundee Utd and Aberdeen we had a real real opportunity to be productive, ambitious and brave. This was our opportunity - we were told 10 years ago that the club would be in a position to challenge on & off the park. We bottled it. The longer it takes us to get like that, the harder and more expensive it will cost us in cash and losing supporters.

He missed the chance to get rid of CC and gain £400k. Instead it cost the club money to get rid of him and his team. I see a club that is happy it has a ground, training complex and a relative hardcore fan base. Not a club wanting to burst the stands with new, young supporters. Use new ideas to emerge the club in the community, use the players to go to schools to get kids excited or run language lasses for the increasing polish community in Leith. I see a club being smug with what they have done. Sooner they realise that the infrastructure was only the beginning the better. We need experienced people running the football side, we cannot afford to allow people to learn their trade at the club or we will go nowhere

Spot on! :top marks

We are losing it but it is not gone, just yet!

WestStandMoaner
16-08-2013, 01:13 PM

If you read my post you will see I asked for the reason the meeting was cancelled, I have jumped the gun slightly thinking Petrie had called for the meeting but I now believe the fan groups called for the meeting. However, I do think Gogs is right, you cannot cherry pick who you want to talk to. If you have something to say, then say it to all fans. What I find hard to believe is why more fans do not attend. Oh, and by the way, Beefster and Dan, if Rodders is holding a meeting I would like to be there. I have supported Hibs all my life and spend a lot of money on supporting them and would like to have the opportunity to ask our Chairman a few questions, but just because I attended an LWT meeting for the first time does not stop me having an opinion on the net.

Gustavo Fring
18-08-2013, 04:27 PM
is this meeting postponed or has it been cancelled ?

Gerard
18-08-2013, 05:02 PM

Spot on

adhibs
18-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Sooner he meets the fans the better. Shame he's not havin to sit eyeball to eyeball with a group of probably very angry people

Billy Whizz
18-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Sooner he meets the fans the better. Shame he's not havin to sit eyeball to eyeball with a group of probably very angry people

He's probably wishing it now took place last week. As the team continue to struggle, by the time the meeting takes place, it could be at the point of no return for Fenlon and our Rod!

hibee_nation
18-08-2013, 05:37 PM
In my book as an outsider the fans bottled it just like they bottled the protest. Easy to talk tough on here i think the new term is keyboard warriors. Instead of looking at it like RP had invited his chosen few the reality is we eg .net could have arranged to send our most anti Petrie posters to this meeting and the other invitees could have done the same. Petrie would then have been faced with 10 to 20 angry Hibee fans who are willing to talk tough face to face. Fenlon must go aye right but first we need time to collate our thoughts and decide if we have a mandate to speak. Petrie must be laughing his tits off.

RIP
18-08-2013, 05:43 PM
If you read my post you will see I asked for the reason the meeting was cancelled, I have jumped the gun slightly thinking Petrie had called for the meeting but I now believe the fan groups called for the meeting. However, I do think Gogs is right, you cannot cherry pick who you want to talk to. If you have something to say, then say it to all fans.

What I find hard to believe is why more fans do not attend. Oh, and by the way, Beefster and Dan, if Rodders is holding a meeting I would like to be there. I have supported Hibs all my life and spend a lot of money on supporting them and would like to have the opportunity to ask our Chairman a few questions, but just because I attended an LWT meeting for the first time does not stop me having an opinion on the net.

Quick correction Mark. The club (not fan groups) got in touch trying to organise a meeting between Chairman with selective invitees/groups at very short notice and outwith the normal monthly cycle of their open supporter/board meetings held monthly at Easter Road. Their proposed date clashed with a St Pat's (my) Branch meeting also attended by some Bounce Admin in the capacity of Branch members. Date was only suitable for the guys sourced from here so the club decided to reschedule and make the meeting more open. Lessons have been learned about trying to put events as important as this together at a couple of days notice. As my dear old mum used to say - a job worth doing is worth doing well

GGTTH

adhibs
18-08-2013, 05:44 PM
He's probably wishing it now took place last week. As the team continue to struggle, by the time the meeting takes place, it could be at the point of no return for Fenlon and our Rod!

I dunno, personally thought last week was boiling point and the ideal time for him to face the fans. Longer it goes on the anger will turn to apathy

Billy Whizz
18-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Quick correction Mark. The club (not fan groups) got in touch trying to organise a meeting with selective invitees at very short notice and outwith the normal monthly cycle of their open supporter/board meetings held monthly at Easter Road. Their proposed date clashed with a St Pat's (my) Branch meeting also attended by some Bounce Admin in the capacity of Branch members. Date was only suitable for the guys sourced from here so the club decided to reschedule. Lessons have been learned by all parties about trying to put events as important as this together at a couple of days notice. As my dear old mum used to say - a job worth doing is worth doing well

GGTTH
So when is it now going ahead Gogs?

Billy Whizz
18-08-2013, 05:48 PM
I dunno, personally thought last week was boiling point and the ideal time for him to face the fans. Longer it goes on the anger will turn to apathy

You really think so?

adhibs
18-08-2013, 05:57 PM
You really think so?

Aye will take some bad run or awful results to match the feelings brought on by being humilated in europe and of hearts u19's.

Mac
18-08-2013, 05:58 PM
You really think so?

Absolutely, Petrie did exactly the right thing to react from the backlash to deal with supporters head on to try and appease them for various reasons, I am not a Petrie fan but on this occasion he did exactly the right thing, whether for PR, appease fans or concerned about the revenue stream he had to so something, as I repeat I think its time for Petrie to move on but I can't argue with the actions to get a meeting organised.

Regards the cancellation, well I think some people appear to be growing egos rather than doing the job of for their supporters groups.

To hand pick people to attend is the only way to do, he's chosen the key organisations who will get the information into the public domain quicker, if you open this up to a large number the meeting would undoubtedly descend into chaos with people shouting left right and centre and the meeting would end without any questions being answered.

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Absolutely, Petrie did exactly the right thing to react from the backlash to deal with supporters head on to try and appease them for various reasons, I am not a Petrie fan but on this occasion he did exactly the right thing, whether for PR, appease fans or concerned about the revenue stream he had to so something, as I repeat I think its time for Petrie to move on but I can't argue with the actions to get a meeting organised.

Regards the cancellation, well I think some people appear to be growing egos rather than doing the job of for their supporters groups.

To hand pick people to attend is the only way to do, he's chosen the key organisations who will get the information into the public domain quicker, if you open this up to a large number the meeting would undoubtedly descend into chaos with people shouting left right and centre and the meeting would end without any questions being answered.That's how it will probably end anyway, a load of spin and non-answers from Petrie and his PR man. The delay has just given them mair time tae work on their flannel.

NAE NOOKIE
18-08-2013, 06:26 PM

Spot on.

It has taken 15 years to fully upgrade the stadium and set up a state of the art training facility. But in that time apart from the Mowbray experience, built on the lucky break of finding a handfull of super young players and a manager who knew how to get the best out of them, we have stalled badly on the pitch.

The board can point to a number of managerial failures in the time since Mowbray left, but the truth of that is that the board then have to admit that they made four major errors of judgement.

1) Based on the Mowbray appointment they thought that appointing inexperienced managers was the way to go, it obviously isnt. Thats hindsight on my part .... but its the job of the folk running any business to get this stuff right, which they have not.

2) They made a fortune from selling the golden generation, but made a huge error of judgement by investing the vast majority of that money in infrastructure at the expense of the clubs on field fortunes. They got the balance wrong.

3) They obviously thought that if we could produce talented footballers on public parks then we could produce the same talent ad nauseum in the following years especially from our wonderfull new training centre. Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and even Man Utd can all bear witness to the folly of that sort of thinking. If you can produce a John Collins, Scott Brown or Steven Fletcher once every 5 years you are doing bloody well.

4) This is the worst failing of all. They have failed to see the fact that for all that football fans love new stands and being able to boast about lovely stadiums etc ... the bottom line for any football club is success on the pitch. Raising money for new stands etc is important, but perhaps more of that energy and effort should have been diverted into not raising money for transfer fees, but improving the clubs wage infrastructure.

If we had been a top 6 club since 2007 instead of a bottom six club for most of that we would have made a hell of a lot more money from bigger crowds and more TV and prize money ..... stating the obvious, but its still a fact, putting the clubs on field fortunes on the back burner costs a hell of a lot of money.

PapillonVert
18-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Spot on.

4) This is the worst failing of all. They have failed to see the fact that for all that football fans love new stands and being able to boast about lovely stadiums etc ... the bottom line for any football club is success on the pitch. Raising money for new stands etc is important, but perhaps more of that energy and effort should have been diverted into not raising money for transfer fees, but improving the clubs wage infrastructure.

If we had been a top 6 club since 2007 instead of a bottom six club for most of that we would have made a hell of a lot more money from bigger crowds and more TV and prize money ..... stating the obvious, but its still a fact, putting the clubs on field fortunes on the back burner costs a hell of a lot of money.

This.

We have put an enviable infrastructure in place but forgotten that fans want to see success on the pitch. This is the only way that attendances will improve.

In playing/coaching terms, there is something very, very amiss at East Mains for all that we are told it is the state-of-the-art facility. I am at a loss to know what it is.

We change manager continually and Rod takes on the next cheapest option but the whole thing fails abysmally. We need to stop assuming that the cheapest managerial option is the best and go for someone decent.

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Quick correction Mark. The club (not fan groups) got in touch trying to organise a meeting between Chairman with selective invitees/groups at very short notice and outwith the normal monthly cycle of their open supporter/board meetings held monthly at Easter Road. Their proposed date clashed with a St Pat's (my) Branch meeting also attended by some Bounce Admin in the capacity of Branch members. Date was only suitable for the guys sourced from here so the club decided to reschedule and make the meeting more open. Lessons have been learned about trying to put events as important as this together at a couple of days notice. As my dear old mum used to say - a job worth doing is worth doing well

GGTTH

Was it only Bounce admin that got the invite or people from the bounce, a bit like with .net they got a invite but put it out to PMs and said if any PM couldn't attend it would get put on the MB for punters to go along for the meeting, surely the bounce admins who couldn't attend would have been able to get a few others to go along on there behalf.

RIP
18-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Regards the cancellation...................

It's not cancelled bud, the club merely postponed it. Original date clashed with another event

To hand pick people to attend is the only way to do, he's chosen the key organisations who will get the information into the public domain quicker, if you open this up to a large number the meeting would undoubtedly descend into chaos with people shouting left right and centre and the meeting would end without any questions being answered.

Not so Mac. LWT and Hibs Club both ran open meetings with the Board after the Hearts debacle. Both well managed with exemplary conduct all round, given the anger and disgust felt at the time. Meetings have been held at ER since 2007 and I've yet to hear anyone lose the plot. We may be mental Hibees matey but we've got class

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 08:09 PM
It's not cancelled bud, the club merely postponed it. Original date clashed with another event

Not so Mac. LWT and Hibs Club both ran open meetings with the Board after the Hearts debacle. Both well managed with exemplary conduct all round, given the anger and disgust felt at the time. Meetings have been held at ER since 2007 and I've yet to hear anyone lose the plot. We may be mental Hibees matey but we've got classAnd the result of these meetings has changed what in the last 6 years? Have we improved? No! Just lurching from one **** up tae the next **** up followed by the next meeting that will achieve the square root of **** all.

RIP
18-08-2013, 08:12 PM
and the result of these meetings has changed what in the last 6 years?

The first one I went to back in 2007? resulted in the launch of the Hibernian Community Foundation. It's amazing what they've achieved since then

Unfortunately they haven't had one about tactics yet :greengrin

Saorsa
18-08-2013, 08:15 PM
The first one I went to back in early 2007 resulted in the launch of the Hibernian Community Foundation. It's amazing what they've achieved since then

Unfortunately they haven't had one about tactics yet :greengrinIt's what's been achieved or mair accurately not been achieved on the park that concerns me. Words from Petrie at these meetings and then **** all changes.

Mac
18-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Not so Mac. LWT and Hibs Club both ran open meetings with the Board after the Hearts debacle. Both well managed with exemplary conduct all round, given the anger and disgust felt at the time. Meetings have been held at ER since 2007 and I've yet to hear anyone lose the plot. We may be mental Hibees matey but we've got class

So how has the information from that meeting been diluted to the general Hibs support?

Lets lose this ''Hibs class' bollix, what exactly does it mean? In your paragraph it means we just sit back and take it up the arse, you appear to decry the support with a tactful yet lame pandering committee to a man who will happily throw out a few tag lines for the gullible to swallow and accept!

Is the minutes available anywhere?

GreenCastle
18-08-2013, 09:40 PM
My worry is these meetings are just for the board and RP to try and show they are caring by conveniently meeting just a select few people.

Then Petrie can avoid any flak and get those at the meetings to report back saying all is fine and back act as puppets for the board.

I would love to hear RP's response about his section process for hiring a manager.

These meetings the board should be really challenged to what is actually happening at ER - you can be challenged without losing your cool also by the way :wink:

Jonnyboy
18-08-2013, 09:44 PM
My worry is these meetings are just for the board and RP to try and show they are caring by conveniently meeting just a select few people.

Then Petrie can avoid any flak and get those at the meetings to report back saying all is fine and back act as puppets for the board.

I would love to hear RP's response about his section process for hiring a manager.

These meetings the board should be really challenged to what is actually happening at ER - you can be challenged without losing your cool also by the way :wink:

You clearly don't know which dot netters are going :wink:

connerg
18-08-2013, 09:49 PM
And the result of these meetings has changed what in the last 6 years? Have we improved? No! Just lurching from one **** up tae the next **** up followed by the next meeting that will achieve the square root of **** all.
:top marksManagers in any industry love to have meetings. They don't want change because it may affect their inflated salary. Parasites, the whole board!!!

silverhibee
18-08-2013, 09:53 PM
You clearly don't know which dot netters are going :wink:

:greengrin :casper:

lucky
18-08-2013, 10:07 PM

I can assure you 100% I'm not a puppet for the board. I don't suffer fools gladly and will not be easily fobbed off by the anyone.

GreenCastle
18-08-2013, 10:24 PM
I can assure you 100% I'm not a puppet for the board. I don't suffer fools gladly and will not be easily fobbed off by the anyone.

:aok:

Glad it's not just puppets then...hopefully a meeting will take place soon and we can all find out some answers to what's happening / not happening!

RIP
19-08-2013, 01:10 AM
So how has the information from that meeting been diluted to the general Hibs support? Is the minutes available anywhere?

Cannae talk for the HSA big Mac, you would have to speak to James Murray and Milke Riley. But the LWT minutes were posted on the main board at the time. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?239577-Let-s-Work-Together&highlight=

Lets lose this ''Hibs class' bollix, what exactly does it mean? In your paragraph it means we just sit back and take it up the arse, you appear to decry the support with a tactful yet lame pandering committee to a man who will happily throw out a few tag lines for the gullible to swallow and accept!

Try and keep the heid son when you are talking about fellow Hibbies you don't know the first thing about. None of us going along on Wednesday will take kindly to some faceless wonder we haven't met saying that we are all "decrying the support", "lame", "pandering" "gullible" or indeed "sitting back and taking it up the arse"

I've sent you a pm Mac, feel free to call me the morn's efty. But I'm out for now.

GGTTH

Jack
19-08-2013, 07:32 AM
It's what's been achieved or mair accurately not been achieved on the park that concerns me. Words from Petrie at these meetings and then **** all changes.

Are you going to come along to the meeting then DD?

Mac
19-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Cannae talk for the HSA big Mac, you would have to speak to James Murray and Milke Riley. But the LWT minutes were posted on the main board at the time. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?239577-Let-s-Work-Together&highlight=

Try and keep the heid son when you are talking about fellow Hibbies you don't know the first thing about. None of us going along on Wednesday will take kindly to some faceless wonder we haven't met saying that we are all "decrying the support", "lame", "pandering" "gullible" or indeed "sitting back and taking it up the arse"

I've sent you a pm Mac, feel free to call me the morn's efty. But I'm out for now.

GGTTH

You have a PM

If you read what I actually say is that the way it sounds WE sit back, I know there are many good people within these organisations who want answers and arent scared to ask the right questions, there are however those who prefer a love in with the club for their own self importance and are happy to be lap dugs for the board.

Every club have organisations who represent the support and EVERY club have chosen people who will put out what the club want put out whether knowingly or not, there is nothing that will be put out unless the club want it put out that is why these Q&A's are vital to maybe get the chance to get an unscripted answer.

Saorsa
19-08-2013, 07:48 AM
Are you going to come along to the meeting then DD?Nope, as I think it will achieve precisely nothing with the same auld fanny being spun by Petrie and his PR man as at every time before. The time for Petrie's words has come and gone as far as I'm concerned, he's had his chances, mair than he would have in any other job and he's failed time and again. I have nae questions tae ask him unless it'll be
Do you want a hand clearing your desk?He has nothing tae say that I want tae hear unless it's him admitting he's made too many mistakes and offering his resignation. We've had words form Petrie since Collins walked out the door, we had mair words from Petrie when, Paatelainen, Hughes and Colin Deadwood were mutually consented, what's changed? Now it looks like we're on his next duffer what do you think his words are going tae change? It's clear that He got lucky with Mowbray and has since then been using all or a lot of the same the same criteria (cheap being near the top) since then for picking them with dire consequences. With all the money squandered on these duds we probably could have had somebody decent for less than what has been wasted and lost due tae declining attendances. Nothing will change while he is there.

StevieC
19-08-2013, 08:04 AM

You couldn't let it lie could you. :greengrin

Mac
19-08-2013, 08:31 AM
You couldn't let it lie could you. :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin

If you notice I took one of your points on board :wink:

StevieC
19-08-2013, 08:47 AM
If you notice I took one of your points on board :wink:

Which you were incapable of doing on Saturday!

Despite getting me flustered with the ticket situation .. (ticket office shambles!)

... and you're still due me a quid!

Being on the committee for the Dnipro Appeal I know that sometimes you have to make "snap" decisions, as it's not always possible to get in touch with all the other committee members. Hopefully I get most of those "snap" decisions right, but invariably it sometimes transpires that the majority would have chosen an alternative/opposite route and you have to take the flack.

I suppose that, rightly or wrongly, being in that position means that you are setting yourself up for the occassional bit of flack but I know the importance of people that are willing to give up their spare time to keep a worthy cause going, and they have my sympathy when they find themselves in the firing line.

In this case, I feel that someone has been forced into making one of those "snap" decisions, and the witch hunt that has followed seems pretty unfair to me.

Jack
19-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Nope, as I think it will achieve precisely nothing with the same auld fanny being spun by Petrie and his PR man as at every time before.
Your chance to go and make sure its not the same auld fanny being spun. Have you ever been there to listen to previous auld fanny?

Hibstrooper
19-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for posting up the link to the update from last summer's meeting Gogs.

Some interesting stuff on there like:

Supporters comments in normal font. Scott or David Forsyth comments in italics

Q. Do you know it’s your last chance? We want to see club cleaned up. If no improvement this season supporters will completely lose patience
A. Understood

Also bits around they know they need to improve communication and scouting network, I think these minutes should be revisited at Q&A as a lot of it hasn't been followed through on.

Actions need to be captured at the next meeting and regularly reviewed to ensure it isn't just hollow words again.

Saorsa
19-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Your chance to go and make sure its not the same auld fanny being spun. Have you ever been there to listen to previous auld fanny?No but the content of these meetings, AGM's etc, etc have found their way on to here with the attendees reporting back. I've also read his speil on the website when he sees fit tae put his heid above the parapet instead of hiding from his failures. He has nothing mair tae say that I want tae hear unless it's cheerio. I think efter the last 6 years it's patently obvious what these meetings have achieved, don't you? If you think they've achieved anything what is it? In my last post I asked you what you think has changed and what has been achieved by these meetings and his words, I'm still waiting on an answer. I'm talking about the main issues here, the appointment of managers and the performances on the park. I'm no interested in any of the embroidery or windae dressing round the edges. I'm interested in the thing I've been paying 400 quid for every year that continues tae fail year on year and is of an unacceptable standard.

Jack
19-08-2013, 10:23 AM
No but the content of these meetings, AGM's etc, etc have found their way on to here with the attendees reporting back. I've also read his speil on the website when he sees fit tae put his heid above the parapet instead of hiding from his failures. He has nothing mair tae say that I want tae hear unless it's cheerio. I think efter the last 6 years it's patently obvious what these meetings have achieved, don't you? If you think they've achieved anything what is it? In my last post I asked you what you think has changed and what has been achieved by these meetings and his words, I'm still waiting on an answer. I'm talking about the main issues here, the appointment of managers and the performances on the park. I'm no interested in any of the embroidery or windae dressing round the edges. I'm interested in the thing I've been paying 400 quid for every year that continues tae fail year on year and is of an unacceptable standard.

From attending all those matches with your season tickets you'll know the match reports don't always tally with the game you were at and you'll see other things. I dare say you quite regularly disagree with the managers and players comments on the game too.

I can imagine your reaction to someone pontificating on these boards about a game then it turns out they've never seen us play; just read about us in the papers. Unless they agreed with you you'd have them down as being full of wind and wish … they would either put up or shut up. And it seems you’ve missed a good opportunity to do just that.

Saorsa
19-08-2013, 10:36 AM
From attending all those matches with your season tickets you'll know the match reports don't always tally with the game you were at and you'll see other things. I dare say you quite regularly disagree with the managers and players comments on the game too.

I can imagine your reaction to someone pontificating on these boards about a game then it turns out they've never seen us play; just read about us in the papers. Unless they agreed with you you'd have them down as being full of wind and wish … they would either put up or shut up. And it seems you’ve missed a good opportunity to do just that.
And you've missed the opportunity tae answer my question again. What has been achieved by these meetings and Petrie's words in terms of rectifying our on going underachievement, failed managerial appointments and the product on the park. I see nothing but continued failure, what do you see that makes you think mair meetings and mair words with the same person will achieve anything when they haven't before?

Jack
19-08-2013, 10:38 AM
And you've missed the opportunity tae answer my question again. What has been achieved by these meetings and Petrie's words in terms of rectifying our on going underachievement, failed managerial appointments and the product on the park. I see nothing but continued failure, what do you see?

I'll tell you at the meeting :greengrin

RIP
19-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Which you were incapable of doing on Saturday!

Despite getting me flustered with the ticket situation .. (ticket office shambles!)

... and you're still due me a quid!

Being on the committee for the Dnipro Appeal I know that sometimes you have to make "snap" decisions, as it's not always possible to get in touch with all the other committee members. Hopefully I get most of those "snap" decisions right, but invariably it sometimes transpires that the majority would have chosen an alternative/opposite route and you have to take the flack.

I suppose that, rightly or wrongly, being in that position means that you are setting yourself up for the occassional bit of flack but I know the importance of people that are willing to give up their spare time to keep a worthy cause going, and they have my sympathy when they find themselves in the firing line.

In this case, I feel that someone has been forced into making one of those "snap" decisions, and the witch hunt that has followed seems pretty unfair to me.

Thanks buddy. Just to correct that the decision to reschedule was Rod's when he found out my branch with some Bouncers as members were meeting on the proposed date. He didnae want only 1 group there and he wanted people to have more time to prepare. They admitted 2 days notice was mental. Nobody can understand why I became a kicking boy but lessons have been learned and we move on.

I've had a chat with M and we will catch up soon, no doubt. I can maybe collect your quid :greengrin

By way of gratitude for your support I have decided to leave you my car and new number plate in my will, provide you reciprocate with your scooter :wink:

RIP
19-08-2013, 11:27 AM
If you read what I actually say is that the way it sounds WE sit back. I know there are many good people within these organisations who want answers and arent scared to ask the right questions, there are however those who prefer a love in with the club for their own self importance and are happy to be lap dugs for the board.

You may be right M about organisations in general. However if there are any such people that have come along to LWT I've yet to meet one. Our framework has presented an open door opportunity since July 2012 for people to come along and challenge the Board. The poodles stay at home, nestling by the fire - we generally encourage the alsatians to attend.

Every club have organisations who represent the support and EVERY club have chosen people who will put out what the club want put out whether knowingly or not, there is nothing that will be put out unless the club want it put out that is why these Q&A's are vital to maybe get the chance to get an unscripted answer.

Supporters Trusts, Supporters Associations represent the support. But that's not what LWT do. For the last year, the monthly LWT meetings have been run as unscripted Q&A's for part or all of the meeting. No volunteer acts as a voice of management, either wittingly or otherwise. Those Hibbies that know me would crease at the suggestion that I fit the bill as a lapdug :faf:

But I think I get your point and that of DD. The first level of engagement was forums with few minutes and no action plan. The second generation was LWT with projects developed / delivered and actions tracked. There's been no improvement with the important bit i.e. the on-field performance of the fitba team. So the next level after that is well, ..............it would be interesting to hear views on that from this board?

Mac
19-08-2013, 11:41 AM
You may be right M about organisations in general. However if there are any such people that have come along to LWT I've yet to meet one. Our framework has presented an open door opportunity since July 2012 for people to come along and challenge the Board. The poodles stay at home, nestling by the fire - we generally encourage the alsatians to attend.

Supporters Trusts, Supporters Associations represent the support. But that's not what LWT do. For the last year, the monthly LWT meetings have been run as unscripted Q&A's for part or all of the meeting. No volunteer acts as a voice of management, either wittingly or otherwise. Those Hibbies that know me would crease at the suggestion that I fit the bill as a lapdug :faf:

But I think I get your point and that of DD. The first level of engagement was forums with few minutes and no action plan. The second generation was LWT with projects developed / delivered and actions tracked. There's been no improvement with the important bit i.e. the on-field performance of the fitba team. So the next level after that is well, ..............it would be interesting to hear views on that from this board?

Certainly wasnt aimed at you or any individual but its certainly been a prominant topic across the various message boards over the years, certainly Stuart Crowther was tarred with that brush whether justified or not, cant answer.

I will look forward to learning more about the LWT, ive never been one who likes the involvement on committee's etc but I know there are people out there who's whole life/world evolves around being on whatever committee exists whether its fitba, bowls, golf or bleeding tiddlywinks, I just dont know how people have the time and hats off to those genuine guys whos agenda is very much to act for the mass support and get stuck in to the people in charge rather than an ego boost.

Look forward to catching up later on.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Fans initiatives LWT and hurriedly arranged meetings all smack of lack of ideas from them in charge of our club.

Now i have no problem with the club listening to the fans, but each of these bodies have been organised because of folk being fed up with what they are getting from the people running Hibs.

It all seems a little amateurish to me, and shows up the lack of leadership from the top in my opinion.

IWasThere2016
20-08-2013, 10:14 AM
And you've missed the opportunity tae answer my question again. What has been achieved by these meetings and Petrie's words in terms of rectifying our on going underachievement, failed managerial appointments and the product on the park. I see nothing but continued failure, what do you see that makes you think mair meetings and mair words with the same person will achieve anything when they haven't before?

:agree: Change nothing and nothing will change.

Saorsa
21-08-2013, 12:18 AM
:agree: Change nothing and nothing will change.That is also my conclusion. People have been trying tae make me change my conclusion of this meeting as something meaningful but have done nothing tae change my mind. I believe this meeting tae be a complete and utter waste of time like those which have gone before it. Why should this one be any different? I asked a specific question which has never been answered by anyone and it's very simple. None of the meetings (with regards tae the main issues of team management and on field performance) before this one have changed anything, if they have what is it? Why will this one be different? I think that is a straightforward question (open tae anyone) as well as Jack tae answer.

If there is an answer different tae the one which I have, which is **** all difference, what is it? And why is so hard for anybody and give me an answer different tae the one I've already made up my mind about.

Why should I turn up tae this one? What difference will it make? What will be different at the end of this one that is/was different from the end of the last one?

Beefster
21-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Fans initiatives LWT and hurriedly arranged meetings all smack of lack of ideas from them in charge of our club.

Now i have no problem with the club listening to the fans, but each of these bodies have been organised because of folk being fed up with what they are getting from the people running Hibs.

It all seems a little amateurish to me, and shows up the lack of leadership from the top in my opinion.

Tend to agree. Dialogue with the support and supporters volunteering their time to help the club do things that they couldn't otherwise are great. The fact that LWT is having to push for things like an ethos at the club and come up with revenue raising ideas just reflects poorly on those in charge of the club IMHO.

Jack
21-08-2013, 06:41 AM
That is also my conclusion. People have been trying tae make me change my conclusion of this meeting as something meaningful but have done nothing tae change my mind. I believe this meeting tae be a complete and utter waste of time like those which have gone before it. Why should this one be any different? I asked a specific question which has never been answered by anyone and it's very simple. None of the meetings (with regards tae the main issues of team management and on field performance) before this one have changed anything, if they have what is it? Why will this one be different? I think that is a straightforward question (open tae anyone) as well as Jack tae answer.

If there is an answer different tae the one which I have, which is **** all difference, what is it? And why is so hard for anybody and give me an answer different tae the one I've already made up my mind about.

Why should I turn up tae this one? What difference will it make? What will be different at the end of this one that is/was different from the end of the last one?

Things may not be different from before but being able to challenge those at the top of the club, finding out why it has gone wrong and what has been done to minimise those mistakes being repeated in future gives me a better insight what's going on than you're ever likely to have.

I don't know for sure but Rod not being involved in the selection of our current manager could have been the result of supporters meetings pointing out his shortfalls. Having it explained how those who were responsible for that selection went about their business also gave me an appreciation of the lengths Hibs go to to try and get the right man.

But you dont have to take my word for it. It could be once you have first hand learning you'll understand and appreciate what's happening. On the other hand maybe you wouldn't and you'd be able to challenge face to face while making your own suggestions how to improve things.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-08-2013, 07:06 AM

Applogies for th length...

IMO One of the things that struck volunteers as they learned more about how the club operates is the lack of resource due to cutbacks - indeed if you read the minutes of the first meeting with Scott Lindsay and Pat which someone put a link to you'll see SL recognises the need to reach out to supporters for help.

You are correct LWT was borne of frustration. But instead of the bickering lets focus on taking things forward with lessons learned along the way (recent way in some cases!)

Many of the best organisations will listen to their customers' ideas - games companies allow players to design and customise their games , companies like Procter and Gamble incorporate customer ideas as part of their innovation strategy. So to criticise management to consider fans ideas seems a little odd.
That said, the strange one for myself and others was the Strategy/Vision piece as Gogs wrote about but how many organisatio s just do things because its the way they've always done it?

So I think fans holding up a mirror to the club and lending a hand with their expertise for free is great and what we need at this resource stretched time. I suppose it depends what ideas you're talking about but I would say the East Terrace stones and the Lotto (management tied it in with the German lotto) are pretty decent... We have since day one badgered management around the sporting performance side of things.

I must admit I find it a bit perverse that LWT (whilst folks "appreciate the good work... Are not criticising the volunteers) seems to be being used as a stick to beat management with since folks jumped on a single email by one individual who has explained and apologised.

i know due to geography many cannot attend the meetings but open sessions were held before games on a Saturday maybe that's something to look at. As someone who has perticipatedi see the management and constraints in a different light I so see the diversity of the skills and exlerince LWT can offer - albeit constrained to post workind days.

I think the lack of resource is a limiting factor to the implementation of ideas either management or fans- initiated.

blackpoolhibs
21-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Applogies for th length...

IMO One of the things that struck volunteers as they learned more about how the club operates is the lack of resource due to cutbacks - indeed if you read the minutes of the first meeting with Scott Lindsay and Pat which someone put a link to you'll see SL recognises the need to reach out to supporters for help.

You are correct LWT was borne of frustration. But instead of the bickering lets focus on taking things forward with lessons learned along the way (recent way in some cases!)

Many of the best organisations will listen to their customers' ideas - games companies allow players to design and customise their games , companies like Procter and Gamble incorporate customer ideas as part of their innovation strategy. So to criticise management to consider fans ideas seems a little odd.
That said, the strange one for myself and others was the Strategy/Vision piece as Gogs wrote about but how many organisatio s just do things because its the way they've always done it?

So I think fans holding up a mirror to the club and lending a hand with their expertise for free is great and what we need at this resource stretched time. I suppose it depends what ideas you're talking about but I would say the East Terrace stones and the Lotto (management tied it in with the German lotto) are pretty decent... We have since day one badgered management around the sporting performance side of things.

I must admit I find it a bit perverse that LWT (whilst folks "appreciate the good work... Are not criticising the volunteers) seems to be being used as a stick to beat management with since folks jumped on a single email by one individual who has explained and apologised.

i know due to geography many cannot attend the meetings but open sessions were held before games on a Saturday maybe that's something to look at. As someone who has perticipatedi see the management and constraints in a different light I so see the diversity of the skills and exlerince LWT can offer - albeit constrained to post workind days.

I think the lack of resource is a limiting factor to the implementation of ideas either management or fans- initiated.

I said before i have no problem with the club listening to the fans, but i feel you are kidding yourself if they listen 1 little bit on the subjects we really want changed?

The East Stand stones and the Lotto while great schemes are not in the grand scheme of things changing what we see each and every week on the park.

And its taken the supporters to come up with these schemes, nobody from the club seems to be driving revenue up apart from the usual begging letters for more season ticket sales and the club shop.

And i reckon a monkey could run that shop better.

Now i know they have to have a plan of some sort, and can't be changing it regarding the way the manager is performing at the whim of the support, but this is the only thing we the fans really care about.

If the shop only had 1 book in the place, there was no Lotto or 1 east stand stone laid, or even no strips in the shop after June, we wouldn't give a toss if we had an entertaining team who were up there challenging.

So to sum up, i do think the club are amateurish, i do think they have no real vision and are being led off the park by some great well meaning fans. On the park we are a shambles, with the folk running the football side inept, and those who pick the managers hopeless in that job.

And i'm sorry, but i see no change soon with Petrie and STF at the helm. STF's stubbornness regarding Petrie, and Petrie directing everything is holding this club back football wise, and Football is the reason we all go along to Easter Road.

legends of 73
21-08-2013, 08:47 AM
:top marks

It's fair to say that we knew off no meeting and got no invite from the club either, am sure we were not the only HSC left out either, & if St Pats were the only branch invited then what does it say for the rest off us?

We have a lot off members like any other HSC Branch in which am sure would also like to have there say!

Lee when did the 4 in hand last have any dialogue with anyone at the club apart from a branch member contacting the club about advertising the bus for this saturday. this should done every week not as a one off as not every hibs fan is on here or other fans sites.

St Patricks branch got an invite as they have regular dialogue with the board but are defo not puppets to the board.
St pats chairman has a list of questions after dialogue with the branch members and he's not going to the meeting with his own agenda but with the branches.

Chuck Rhoades
21-08-2013, 09:27 AM
All HSC should have been invited to have a rep. there and given the work Sect43 have done over the last two seasons I would have also expected a rep. from the group to be there. From a purely selfish point of view mind you.

DaveF
21-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Lee when did the 4 in hand last have any dialogue with anyone at the club apart from a branch member contacting the club about advertising the bus for this saturday. this should done every week not as a one off as not every hibs fan is on here or other fans sites.

St Patricks branch got an invite as they have regular dialogue with the board but are defo not puppets to the board.
St pats chairman has a list of questions after dialogue with the branch members and he's not going to the meeting with his own agenda but with the branches.

I might have lost the plot in all but I thought it was now clear that St Pat's didn't get an invite. Their name was bandied about because they had a branch meeting on the same evening as the meeting and as Gogs (and some others) are members of St Pats, then that's why the meeting was cancelled.

I could be wrong though. The story seems to have changed as it's went along.....

legends of 73
21-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I might have lost the plot in all but I thought it was now clear that St Pat's didn't get an invite. Their name was bandied about because they had a branch meeting on the same evening as the meeting and as Gogs (and some others) are members of St Pats, then that's why the meeting was cancelled.

I could be wrong though. The story seems to have changed as it's went along.....

St pats have got an invite to the meeting as per our last email from our branch chairman,our monthly branch meeting is aug 27th in the hibs club if anyone is wanting to join the branch:greengrin:flag::flag:

Bostonhibby
21-08-2013, 10:09 AM
St pats have got an invite to the meeting as per our last email from our branch chairman,our monthly branch meeting is aug 27th in the hibs club if anyone is wanting to join the branch:greengrin:flag::flag:

Agree, if you want to get a dialogue going with the club and have the members views put across without fear or favour join St.Pats.

Saorsa
21-08-2013, 10:11 AM
St pats have got an invite to the meeting as per our last email from our branch chairman,our monthly branch meeting is aug 27th in the hibs club if anyone is wanting to join the branch:greengrin:flag::flag:That's interesting, I swear I read somewhere on the PM board that one of the reasons for the original cancellation is people couldnae make it because they had a branch meeting that night too.

DaveF
21-08-2013, 10:12 AM
St pats have got an invite to the meeting as per our last email from our branch chairman

This will be the new meeting - IE, today's one? Pretty sure they were not invited to the original one as per my previous post.

So if St Pat's are invited tonight why are the other SC's not invited? Did they not have time to gather a mandate :rolleyes:

DaveF
21-08-2013, 10:14 AM
That's interesting, I swear I read somewhere on the PM board that one of the reasons for the original cancellation is people couldnae make it because they had a branch meeting that night too.

Seems to be more spin than a spinny thing involved in all of this :greengrin

marinello59
21-08-2013, 10:50 AM
That's interesting, I swear I read somewhere on the PM board that one of the reasons for the original cancellation is people couldnae make it because they had a branch meeting that night too.

That was first mentioned out here after the PM board thread was deleted. I think. Actually I am not sure , I have been spun right round like a record baby, round round. :greengrin

Saorsa
21-08-2013, 10:59 AM
That was first mentioned out here after the PM board thread was deleted. I think. Actually I am not sure , I have been spun right round like a record baby, round round. :greengrinThat'll be why I cannae find it then, deleted :hmmm: and it was such a good read too.

legends of 73
21-08-2013, 12:01 PM
This will be the new meeting - IE, today's one? Pretty sure they were not invited to the original one as per my previous post.

So if St Pat's are invited tonight why are the other SC's not invited? Did they not have time to gather a mandate :rolleyes:

As far as I'm led to believe st pats were invited to the cancelled meeting. Not sure why no other branch isn't or hasn't been invited. I'm just a mere member of the branch so you'd have to ask a committee man as to why

Keith_M
21-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Soooo, any news on a re-arranged meeting?

RIP
21-08-2013, 03:46 PM
If Rod only wants a small and select group this gives his PR man a potential headache. The last meeting invite was only issued to two messageboards and an HSA member who had a list of questions from his branch. Mr PR reckoned he needed help so he approached 2 specific individuals from LWT to help run it. People were struggling to attend at 2 days notice. The facts are no more complicated than that

Instead of giving fellow supporters the third degree as to why they were or were not invited or why they could or could not come at shouldn't we be asking Rod why the meeting needed to be both very short notice and also a closed shop?

Not one of the forums run by Colin McNeill, Fyfe Hyland, LWT or the HSA over the past 6 years have been closed and invitess provided with plenty notice. The organisation at all these events has been excellent and the behaviour exemplary. If it's not broke - don't fix it

Baffled

oconnors_strip
21-08-2013, 03:58 PM

I'm sure it was a committee meeting they had on Thursday night last week

Billy Whizz
21-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Postponed again? FFS!

Has it?

Golden Bear
21-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Has it?

:dunno:

We'll need to wait on the fans returning before we can discuss this further.

:wink:

Pete
21-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Has it?

Sorry, my fault for skimming through.

I just read the title, post 136 then jumped in. :doh:

HH81
21-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Need to change the title as its tonight isn't it?

Mikey
21-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Need to change the title as its tonight isn't it?

Nope.

The thread is about to be closed so we can start a fresh one and keep it all in one place :wink: