PDA

View Full Version : Moysie inherits Sir Fergie's paranoia

lapsedhibee
15-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Getting his excuses in early as well (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23710359).

What a knob. :bitchy:

SlickShoes
15-08-2013, 12:41 PM
"fixtures made more difficult" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, you still have to play all the teams home and away. Sounds like the words of a guy who is not close to being prepared for the new season.

Woody70x2
15-08-2013, 12:46 PM
"fixtures made more difficult" is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, you still have to play all the teams home and away. Sounds like the words of a guy who is not close to being prepared for the new season.

My thoughts exactly... and surely that also means at the end of the season they have an easier run in?

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Missing the comfort of "The People's Club" already eh Moysie.

Big Frank
15-08-2013, 12:59 PM
You obviously all dislike this english club because they regularly pump your english clubs!

Thats a tough opener, make no mistake. I think Moyes is correct to assert that the opening 5/6 fixtures are the most diffucult his club have faced in 20 yrs.

Moyes is perfectly entitled to comment imo.

lapsedhibee
15-08-2013, 01:08 PM
You obviously all dislike this english club because they regularly pump your english clubs!

Thats a tough opener, make no mistake. I think Moyes is correct to assert that the opening 5/6 fixtures are the most diffucult his club have faced in 20 yrs.

The OP's not about whether the fixtures are difficult, it's about the crap that Mr Moyes has spouted as a result.

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Nonsense. I dont have any affiliations to a Premier League club and I think hes talking rubbish. Ive no problem with him coming out and saying that its a tough set of fixtures, because it is, but the likes of the comment below from Moyes is just embarrassing.

Moyes said: "I find it hard to believe that's the way the balls came out of the bag, that's for sure."

I dont know if its a (bad) attempt at mind games, or he is feeling the pressure already (average preseason, no major signings, Rooney saga etc), but youve got to question why hes saying things like that?

Treadstone
15-08-2013, 01:20 PM

But not to question the integrity of the fixture compilers without proof.

Sylar
15-08-2013, 01:29 PM

How about those of us who don't have any English club and just find his comments to be ridiculous, paranoid pish?

He is absolutely entitled to point out how hard the opening games to the season are but to suggest it's a concerted and directed effort to give Man Utd a hard draw is almost bringing the game into disrepute.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Looks like a clumsy attempt to divert negative attention should they lose 2 or 3 of their 1st 5 games imo.

IWasThere2016
15-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Looks like a clumsy attempt to divert negative attention should they lose 2 or 3 of their 1st 5 games imo.

:agree: Here's hoping...

Geo_1875
15-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Did anybody notice if he was wearing an earpiece when he was making these comments, or if he read them off a small scrap of paper?

(((Fergus)))
15-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Man Utd: Swansea (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), Crystal Palace (H), Man City (A).

What is he on about? The only tough game there will be City away.

Compare with Villa:

Aston Villa: Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A), Liverpool (H), Newcastle (H), Norwich (A)

He who whines loudest often gets their way though, so this is probably just part of a more strategic plan - the same one Fergie used. And if the officials are this weak, then why not use it.

TonyStokeprano
15-08-2013, 02:12 PM
yet everyone on here was questioning how hearts got hibs, aberdeen and celtic as first three home games. on another note I thought the champions always started at home, unfurl the flag etc ?

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Total nonsense, Brendan Rodgers could have come out with the same statement and I would have the same thoughts. Comment on the tough opening fixtures by all means but to question the integrity of the draw is ludricous IMO.

And while I'm here **** off Suarez.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I'm quite sure he'll be getting some advice from the master on commenting on these types of isses.

I'm just not sure that he can carry it off as well as Sir Alex.

MrRobot
15-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Im pretty sure people used to get themselves worked up when we would draw Celtic or Rangers in the cup, saying that it was rigged. Double standards.

Treadstone
15-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Im pretty sure people used to get themselves worked up when we would draw Celtic or Rangers in the cup, saying that it was rigged. Double standards.

I called that tie against Celtic in May after the semis

PISTOL1875
15-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Its just the type of comment that you'd expect from a manager of that club.. He won't be moaning when he gets to hand pick his Champions League group stage..

Moon unit
15-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Missing the comfort of "The People's Club" already eh Moysie.

This! ...(times 5 European cups)!...Mon' the Pool!

Iggy Pope
15-08-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm quite sure he'll be getting some advice from the master on commenting on these types of isses.

I'm just not sure that he can carry it off as well as Sir Alex.

Cap-doffing fawnathon beyond the call of duty there.....

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Cap-doffing fawnathon beyond the call of duty there.....

Eh? :confused:

Iggy Pope
15-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Eh? :confused:

You just appeared more in awe of his majesticness than normal....

DanHFC1875
15-08-2013, 07:28 PM
I dinnae mind Man U, I dinnae mind Moyes. Not entirely arsed. Why my comment I hear you say? Because I think statements like that just make things more interesting. It is supposed to be entertainment. . . Although, following the team I do care about, it's more torture just now.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 08:33 PM
You just appeared more in awe of his majesticness than normal....

Nothing wrong with acknowledging greatness.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Nothing wrong with acknowledging greatness.

Yes. Quite.

Corstorphine Hibby
16-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes. Quite.

It's a Scottish thing. Too macho to acknowledge a fellow countryman who has done something extraordinary in their lifetime, whether or not you like him or loathe him.

It makes them feel better about their own insecurities.

You've not got a really big dog by any chance have you ?

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 02:54 PM
It's a Scottish thing. Too macho to acknowledge a fellow countryman who has done something extraordinary in their lifetime, whether or not you like him or loathe him.

It makes them feel better about their own insecurities.

You've not got a really big dog by any chance have you ?

Struggling with this one I'm afraid.
Ferguson has a big horse though.
Is that relevant?

Edit. What a pleb. I mean the Masterful Sir Alex, of course.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 03:53 PM
It's certainly a difficult start to the season, but you play everyone twice, same as the rest. Best of luck Davie, I don't envy his trying to fill the great man's shoes. Hopefully he can carry forward United's great Scottish tradition. Only Sir Matt and Fergie to live up to!

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 04:06 PM
It's certainly a difficult start to the season, but you play everyone twice, same as the rest. Best of luck Davie, I don't envy his trying to fill the great man's shoes. Hopefully he can carry forward United's great Scottish tradition. Only Sir Matt and Fergie to live up to!

Not Tommy Docherty then? Tradition still involves knobbing the trainers missus?

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Not Tommy Docherty then? Tradition still involves knobbing the trainers missus?

Ah, The Doc. Another Scottish manager though not quite in the same bracket as the other two :greengrin. Aye, sacked for his personal life. Unthinkable now.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Ah, The Doc. Another Scottish manager though not quite in the same bracket as the other two :greengrin. Aye, sacked for his personal life. Unthinkable now.

Before him they had a disastrous Irish manager who grasped the tradition and put them on the way to relegation. Whisper it.
PS Is it really unthinkable to get sacked for indulging in the spouses of the Backroom staff? Think the outcome may be the same today.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Before him they had a disastrous Irish manager who grasped the tradition and put them on the way to relegation. Whisper it.
PS Is it really unthinkable to get sacked for indulging in the spouses of the Backroom staff? Think the outcome may be the same today.

I don't think any club would sack a manager for his private life, particularly just weeks after winning the cup. The game is much more commercial now, society more liberal about such matters, and it's money and success that matter. A club might try to use something like that as an excuse if a manager was failing, but I don't think a successful manager would lose his job over his private life now.

lapsedhibee
16-08-2013, 05:01 PM

:tsk tsk: Pretty disrespectful of you to miss off the wonderful, legendary, fantastically successful SIR Fergie's title. Not only a good manager but a marvellous human being too. (Apart from deliberately breaking Alex Cropley's ankle, but that could have happened to anyone.)

I don't even have a small dog.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 05:14 PM
I don't think any club would sack a manager for his private life, particularly just weeks after winning the cup. The game is much more commercial now, society more liberal about such matters, and it's money and success that matter. A club might try to use something like that as an excuse if a manager was failing, but I don't think a successful manager would lose his job over his private life now.

Well, if it is still Man United we are talking about, it says more about them than it does everyone else. I happen to believe that any big team boss that admitted to badgering the Mrs of his trainer / physio / right hand man (or his big dog) would surely walk the plank.
Then again, your star Welsh Wizard got off lightly with ****ging his sister so maybe not.
(It was his sister, wasn't it?)

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, if it is still Man United we are talking about, it says more about them than it does everyone else. I happen to believe that any big team boss that admitted to badgering the Mrs of his trainer / physio / right hand man (or his big dog) would surely walk the plank.
Then again, your star Welsh Wizard got off lightly with ****ging his sister so maybe not.
(It was his sister, wasn't it?)

No, any club. I can't imagine a club now removing a manager for his sex life, and nor should they, IMO. What goes on between consenting adults is their business and has no reflection on a person's ability to due their job. In past times politicians had to resign due to extra-marital affairs, but no longer. It was a reflection of a puritanical British attitude to sex which was actually often hypocritical. I think modern society is more grown up about these things. I wouldn't support a manager's sacking on the grounds of his private life within the law.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 05:25 PM
No, any club. I can't imagine a club now removing a manager for his sex life, and nor should they, IMO. What goes on between consenting adults is their business and has no reflection on a person's ability to due their job. In past times politicians had to resign due to extra-marital affairs, but no longer. It was a reflection of a puritanical British attitude to sex which was actually often hypocritical. I think modern society is more grown up about these things. I wouldn't support a manager's sacking on the grounds of his private life within the law.

Good for you. Very liberal. If you were Lawrie Brown (I think that may have been the name of the man expected to share a shower with the fat Celtic blowhard that was eating his biscuits), then you would think differently I am sure. Or maybe you are more liberal than I am giving you credit for.......

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Good for you. Very liberal. If you were Lawrie Brown (I think that may have been the name of the man expected to share a shower with the fat Celtic blowhard that was eating his biscuits), then you would think differently I am sure. Or maybe you are more liberal than I am giving you credit for.......

I wouldn't be so liberal as to refrain from giving the guy a kicking, but I wouldn't care about his job, which is irrelevant.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be so liberal as to refrain from giving the guy a kicking, but I wouldn't care about his job, which is irrelevant.

You let irrelevant bravado get in the way of my point about having to sharing a workplace there. And if you dished that kicking out, you'd no doubt get sacked. So there we go.

Anyway. Point made.

Apologies to all for hi-jacking a very good thread baiting David Moyes, who I now have a rapidly diminishing respect for.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 05:39 PM
You let irrelevant bravado get in the way of my point about having to sharing a workplace there. And if you dished that kicking out, you'd no doubt get sacked. So there we go.

Anyway. Point made.

Apologies to all for hi-jacking a very good thread baiting David Moyes, who I now have a rapidly diminishing respect for.

You'd only be sacked if you hit the guy at work :greengrin. Your employer wouldn't be able to sack him for having an affair with your wife. There would be an unfair dismissal case before your boss could blink.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 05:44 PM
You'd only be sacked if you hit the guy at work :greengrin. Your employer wouldn't be able to sack him for having an affair with your wife. There would be an unfair dismissal case before your boss could blink.

I'm away now. If you were to miss with your jab as much as you seem to miss the point I doubt there will be much action to speak of anyway.
Glory and indeed, Glory.

Hibernia&Alba
16-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm away now. If you were to miss with your jab as much as you seem to miss the point I doubt there will be much action to speak of anyway.
Glory and indeed, Glory.

I understand your point, HH, - you believe somebody should be sacked for having an affair with a workmate's wife - I just disagree with it. Removing somebody from their employment for what they do with another consenting adult is a rather quixotic idea, even if we don't approve of the conduct, and would often be found to be in contravention of the law, be they football manager or bank manager. I can imagine firing somebody for an affair with a colleague's spouse being accepted only in exceptional circumstances, though I'm not an employment lawyer.