PDA

View Full Version : Pubs with BT sport?

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Planning on watching the Liverpool game before ER on Saturday, bit confused as to where it will be on due to it being on BT sports and not SKY..................any ideas?

invisible man
15-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Planning on watching the Liverpool game before ER on Saturday, bit confused as to where it will be on due to it being on BT sports and not SKY..................any ideas?

Hibs Club have it.

lucky
15-08-2013, 12:18 PM
It's now available on virgin and free if you have XL tv package

hibs0666
15-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Dancer!

Onceinawhile
15-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Is it? Need to check that when I get home. Channel 530 again?:confused:

RoxburghHibs
15-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Is it? Need to check that when I get home. Channel 530 again?:confused:

Yeah deal was announced this morning.

Zondervan
15-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Channels 547-550 I believe on Virgin.

Also, Harp and Castle has BT Sport.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Cheers Guys, Hibs club it is.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Up and running now on Virgin XL. Currently watching Liverpool v Lincoln ladies.

Interestingly we have just installed BT Sports at work an it's significantly cheaper than Sky Sports for arguably a better choice of games.

marti1875
15-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Artisan at abbeyhill i think has it. Was the U21 game on BT sports the other night there? if so they def have it as it was on in the good old Arty. :agree:

jgl07
15-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Up and running now on Virgin XL. Currently watching Liverpool v Lincoln ladies.

Interestingly we have just installed BT Sports at work an it's significantly cheaper than Sky Sports for arguably a better choice of games.

A better choice of games? You have been reading the BT hype.

BT have one of the four EPL packages with Sky the other three. They also have Scottish games largely featuring Sevco's away matches. Basically BT sport have much the same as ESPN last season.

Walter
15-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I've got bt broadband but only got freeview on my telly. Apparently bt sport is free so how do I watch it?!

Sir David Gray
15-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I've got bt broadband but only got freeview on my telly. Apparently bt sport is free so how do I watch it?!

I believe there's an app you can download to watch it online through the BT website.

Not being a BT customer, I'm not 100% certain on that but that's what I've taken away from what I've read.

Kojock
15-08-2013, 03:27 PM

If it features a Hibs game you watch it with your eyes shut.

Billy Whizz
15-08-2013, 03:32 PM

I think you need to get a special viewing card costing £10

big-mo
15-08-2013, 09:26 PM
The Four-in-Hand have all Sky Sports and BT Sports channels.

Heedersnvolleys
15-08-2013, 09:34 PM

Just call 150 or go on the BT website and order BT Sport! All you should need is you account number and telephone number.

they will send out a new BT Vision box or a YouView box depending on whether you are in a BT Infinity area or not.

Danderhall Hibs
16-08-2013, 06:20 AM

BT have one of the four EPL packages with Sky the other three. They also have Scottish games largely featuring Sevco's away matches. Basically BT sport have much the same as ESPN last season.

They've got some games espn never got a sniff off but sky still.have the majority. They've got spurs v man u and everton v Liverpool plus a few others that I can't remember just now.

Just Alf
16-08-2013, 09:56 AM

Correct that BTS got one of the 4 packages but the key bit is that it was one of the top pick packages, so they have 18 1st choices over the season.... I guess its this competition between the 2 firms that drove up the money the EPL received... hopefully this same competition will help us in Scotland in a similar fashion.

They've got some games espn never got a sniff off but sky still.have the majority. They've got spurs v man u and everton v Liverpool plus a few others that I can't remember just now.

did a bit digging.....

38 games from the Barclays Premier League, with 18 of the ‘top pick’ games. These include the London derby between Tottenham and Chelsea on September 28 and the Merseyside derby as Everton play host to Liverpool on November 23. BT Sport will also show top flight live matches from football leagues around the world including Italy, Germany, France, Brazil and the US as well as games from the Scottish Professional Football League, FA Cup ties for the next five seasons including the final, as well as live coverage from the UEFA Europa League

(PS taken from BT site so it's their "hype"! :greengrin )

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Having never been in the Four-in-Hand I have decided to try there instead of the Hibs club :thumbsup:

Al_Bundy
16-08-2013, 10:46 AM
What's the chances behind the goals have BT Sport?

YehButNoBut
16-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Anyone know if you have BT Business Broadband (which I have through my wife's company) can you claim BT Sport for free?

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Anyone know if you have BT Business Broadband (which I have through my wife's company) can you claim BT Sport for free?

No you can't it clearly states that it's free for residential customers only.

YehButNoBut
16-08-2013, 11:12 AM
No you can't it clearly states that its free for residential customers only.

Bu mmer, thought that might be the case. :boo hoo:

frazeHFC
16-08-2013, 11:35 AM
What's the chances behind the goals have BT Sport?

Not sure but hoping they do!

thebigman1875
16-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Still worth a shout for the German & French games that are on as well as the EPL and Scottish ones,( with the exception of the Scottish League 1 coverage obviously )
:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Having never been in the Four-in-Hand I have decided to try there instead of the Hibs club :thumbsup:

Is the Four In Hand quite a big boozer and is it likely to be showing the Liverpool game? One last thing is anyone on here gonna buy me a pint :greengrin

Time For Heroes
17-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Is the Four In Hand quite a big boozer and is it likely to be showing the Liverpool game? One last thing is anyone on here gonna buy me a pint :greengrin

Typical Scouser:devil:

DaveF
17-08-2013, 08:04 AM

It's quite narrow near the bar (damn pillars) and will get very busy. Well maybe not today :greengrin

However, there is also a good sized bit through the back as well. Plenty of telly's too.

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2013, 08:42 AM
It's quite narrow near the bar (damn pillars) and will get very busy. Well maybe not today :greengrin

However, there is also a good sized bit through the back as well. Plenty of telly's too.

:aok: Cheers.

macca70
17-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Is Sellick game on telly?

Why the early KO?

Dunderhall
17-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Is Sellick game on telly?

Why the early KO?
It's on BT S2

macca70
17-08-2013, 11:18 AM
It's on BT S2

Ahhh, I thought BT Sport was just the 1 channel.

Dinnae have BT sports so Leeds v Sheffield Wed it is.

Dunderhall
17-08-2013, 11:28 AM
You can search on the BT sports website by postcode or location.
http://sport.bt.com/ on the right hand side.

You can also stream from there by giving your BT account login details.
The app on the iPad works fine as well.

Scouse Hibee
17-08-2013, 06:16 PM

:thumbsup: Cheers Mo, Kano was expecting me thanks to you and made me feel very welcome! Cracking boozer, despite initial confusion because you could only watch one BT Sport channel at a time it was sorted and I got to watch the game with several pints. My new match day local from now on.