PDA

View Full Version : Proof if ever what a change in manager can do..

California-Hibs
14-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Strachan working with the same exact players as Levein, and the performances have been night and day!

Shows you what some tactics and attacking emphasis, along with allowing players to fully express themselves, will do for a team!

Fenlon need's to go, and make way for a more positive minded manager!

AlbertK86
14-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Yep and I hope that Hertz w****r Levein wiz watchin

Gustavo Fring
14-08-2013, 09:11 PM
alex mcleish

The_Todd
14-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Ed Balls.

LancashireHibby
14-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Hope Fenlon is on the phone to Strachan in the morning. Amazing what a team can do if they support each other in attack.

YehButNoBut
14-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Hope Fenlon is on the phone to Strachan in the morning. Amazing what a team can do if they support each other in attack.

Hope he's on the plane to Dublin, without a return ticket. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
14-08-2013, 09:24 PM

Fenlon could watch that game a dozen times over yet still wouldn't be able to work out the game plan.

Bishop Hibee
14-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Fenlon out! Unlike when he took over, we have a squad of decent players. He just can't get the anything out of them. Hope Petrie was watching.

Shields Hibee
14-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Fenlon probably watched it & complained that Strachan didn't have the team punting balls up the field in hope. He may have even switched over in disgust at what he was seeing! Yes Pat, you watched a game of football and a team playing how the game is meant to be played.

Rod should be phoning Strachan in the morning asking if he wants the Hibs job, I would.

Saorsa
14-08-2013, 11:17 PM
If you get the right one, then yes, unfortunately the person running our club....

Dunderhall
14-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Fenlon taking inspiration from Whittaker playing left back. :wink:

Hibby 2005
14-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Strachan working with the same exact players as Levein, and the performances have been night and day!

Shows you what some tactics and attacking emphasis, along with allowing players to fully express themselves, will do for a team!

Maybe I'm missing something but did Strachan not play with one up front and then go with two when we were 3-2 down with 5-10 mins to go?

J-C
15-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but did Strachan not play with one up front and then go with two when we were 3-2 down with 5-10 mins to go?

But the midfield were all pretty attack minded, played with pace and supported the forward, you can play one up top if you have the support.

LancsHibs
15-08-2013, 05:35 AM

Exactly what I was thinking as I was watching, wish Strachan was Hibs manager! Can he do both?:wink:

WestEndHibee
15-08-2013, 05:56 AM
And how enjoyable it was to watch! THAT is how a team should be, even though we lost, I had a great time, gutted about the result but I'll definitely be going to see Scotland again. It was fun to watch. Clubs should take notice.

KeithTheHibby
15-08-2013, 06:19 AM

Point taken however the 11 guys on the park seemed to know exactly their jobs unlike the Hibs players.

pacorosssco
15-08-2013, 06:28 AM
Fenlon could watch that game a dozen times over yet still wouldn't be able to work out the game plan.

agreed. would have had a levein performance. infact fenlon is the irish levein

steakbake
15-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Exactly what I was thinking as I was watching, wish Strachan was Hibs manager! Can he do both?:wink:

I wondered the same thing. I doubt it though...

Dalianwanda
15-08-2013, 06:53 AM

Fenlon need's to go, and make way for a more positive minded manager! it's proof what it can do not what it will do

hibsbollah
15-08-2013, 06:56 AM

That was essentially Levein's team last night though. Have we learned nothing from the Collins/Mowbray analogy?

:stirrer:

jdships
15-08-2013, 07:05 AM
it's proof what it can do not what it will do

:agree:

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Was thinking the exact same watching last night, what a joy it was watching a team i support passing with pace and attacking! Forgot what that felt like...fenlon out!!!

Beefster
15-08-2013, 07:11 AM

He'd still be wondering how a midfield player got into the opposition half.

lucky
15-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Aberdeen changed their manager and have had a positive response, 8000 ST sold and heading for a 20000 sell out against Celtic. Financially the board will realise that Hibs must do the same. Allowing PF is hang around is dragging us down.

Hibercelona
15-08-2013, 08:22 AM
The thing I like most about Strachan is that even although we put on a good show, he still shows disappointment that we lost, despite the quality of player we were up against.

Strachans arrogant, but he has the right kind of arrogance that will see Scotland grow from strength to strength.

Brightside
15-08-2013, 08:28 AM
proof that a 451 can be a decent attacking formation IF you let your midfield support the attack. Its a shame Fenlon has our team so **** scared to commit.

brog
15-08-2013, 08:30 AM
We defended set pieces just like Hibs though! I'm a Strachan fan & was reasonably happy with last night but we shouldn't get carried away. If that had been Hibs we would have had plenty of complaints; blowing a lead twice, losing 2 set piece goals, not putting someone in to cover while our CB was off the park, playing a RB at LB while Mulgrew was on bench & bringing on Craig Conway, wtf! :wink:

Brightside
15-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Miller should have been on the post for the corner. The free kick was obv missing the CB and not organising properly.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Miller should have been on the post for the corner. The free kick was obv missing the CB and not organising properly.

It was Whittaker who WAS on the post, he decided for some unknown reason to leave it and wander into the 6 yard box? :confused:

Brightside
15-08-2013, 09:10 AM
It was Whittaker who WAS on the post, he decided for some unknown reason to leave it and wander into the 6 yard box? :confused:

Ha...there you go then. An individual mistake. If he stays on the post he saves that.

Saorsa
15-08-2013, 09:17 AM
it's proof what it can do not what it will doIt's proof what you can do if the right person gets the job. We've had umpteen changes and it hasnae made a blind bit of difference because 'somebody' at our club keeps choosing the wrong people. We are proof of what can happen when you keep giving the wrong person the job.

RoslinInstHibby
15-08-2013, 09:25 AM
We defended set pieces just like Hibs though! I'm a Strachan fan & was reasonably happy with last night but we shouldn't get carried away. If that had been Hibs we would have had plenty of complaints; blowing a lead twice, losing 2 set piece goals, not putting someone in to cover while our CB was off the park, playing a RB at LB while Mulgrew was on bench & bringing on Craig Conway, wtf! :wink:

zonal marking.....will never rate it:agree:

Dalianwanda
15-08-2013, 09:35 AM
It's proof what you can do if the right person gets the job. We've had umpteen changes and it hasnae made a blind bit of difference because 'somebody' at our club keeps choosing the wrong people. We are proof of what can happen when you keep giving the wrong person the job.

I'm not denying that but changing the manager does not guarantee anything. Comparing us to the Scotland team isn't comparable. No ones mentioning for example what a flop George Burley was for example. He had an attacking team with Hearts but was mince at international level..I'm just saying nowt is certain..and I agree with you re the person picking the manager

Onion
15-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Picking the right manager is crucial to Hibs. Whoever was involved previously have failed miserably in the last 5 appointments.

Big believer in performance based rewards, so what I'd like to see is the pay for the individual/or group who appoints our next manager to be directly linked to the performance of the team (ie manager's performance). In fact maybe the whole Board should be paid on this basis.

Relegation - sacked immediately, no compensation
Bottom 6 - no pay whatsoever, they get nothing. This must be regarded as failure for a club of Hibs size , with no Huns/Yams etc
Top 6 - half salary
Top 3 - full salary
Win the League Cup - bonus
Win the S Cup - double salary
Win the SPL - knighthood and stand named after them

You get the idea......

Who would sign up sign up to that ? Well, IMHO the person(s) who knows they have the skills and confidence to put their money where their mouth is. If they're not prepared to sign up to that, then they are not involved in the appointment process at all.

brog
15-08-2013, 10:25 AM

I saw that also but looked to me as if Whittaker spotted an unmarked player, he was pointing frantically, then decided to try & mark the man himself but got there too late. Whatever, it was shocking organisation, was Brown really meant to mark Lambert?? Looked to me like confusion all round.

banarc7062
15-08-2013, 10:36 AM

Aye and he performed quite well in that position too. :agree:

Houchy
15-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I really like paddy as a person but think this is his downfall. I honestly think he could go forward in time, watch a whole match and still fail to set up properly.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 11:25 AM

I can't believe Strachan did not pick Lewis Stevenson if we were that short?

J-C
15-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Shows what a two footed defender can do, Mr Fenlon are you reading this, I said a two footed defender not one who uses his right foot for balance.