PDA

View Full Version : Muppet McCann

Hexham Hibee
14-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Apologies if mentioned before but when asked at half-time on Sunday if Vine's tackle on Tattooman was a yellow or red card offence he said Vine was clearly over the ball and should have been sent off.
I can't say I've heard anything about the compliance officer coming after Vine. And when you consider who the ref was and no foul was given then we can only assume McCann had his maroon specs on again.

3pm
14-08-2013, 06:59 PM
To be honest, when I saw it again it crossed my mind about it being red.

Saorsa
14-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Apologies if mentioned before but when asked at half-time on Sunday if Vine's tackle on Tattooman was a yellow or red card offence he said Vine was clearly over the ball and should have been sent off.
I can't say I've heard anything about the compliance officer coming after Vine. And when you consider who the ref was and no foul was given then we can only assume McCann had his maroon specs on again.Nae need tae assume anything about specs, the guy is an erse, simple.

MADE IN LEITH
14-08-2013, 07:01 PM
I can't say I've heard anything about the compliance officer coming after Vine. And when you consider who the ref was and no foul was given then we can only assume McCann had his maroon specs on again.

Have to agree with you mate, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. The guy needs to get a grip with reality as it was no more than a yellow card at most, to give a red would have been criminal. Anyway, the ref got it right and I guess he knows the game better most pundits.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
14-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Never a red. Even the ******s in the stand didn't shout for it at the time and they're usually over that wall at the drop of a hat.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Remember though that McCann is no journeyman football hack. He is a highly polished soccer analyst from the Craig Burley school of excellence.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Not even a foul IMO. Vine went to block the ball, absolutely no malice in it at all. To watch that a few times then suggest it is a red card is absolutely staggering

Hibs Class
14-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Not even a foul IMO. Vine went to block the ball, absolutely no malice in it at all. To watch that a few times then suggest it is a red card is absolutely staggering

:agree: I didn't think it was a foul either.

Jonnyboy
14-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Straightforward block tackle.

McCann is a tool

Dunderhall
14-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Not even the few hearts players around the incident thought anything about it and just played on.

hibernator
14-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Straightforward block tackle.

McCann is a tool

G'teed if it was the other way around it would be "typical forwards tackle" McCann adds nothing to the occasion and is generally poor in his assessments.

monktonharp
14-08-2013, 10:10 PM
mc cann is a clown. never even a foul. 2 players go for a ball. their knees knock together and one gets mair pain than the other. even tattoo man made nowt of it, until he had to gie up.

Gus Fring
14-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm not sure why McCann is allowed to be a pundit for Hearts/Rangers games. He's clearly going to have a bias, it's acceptable when they have someone from the other team to balance it out but him.

The dream team of David Tanner, Neil McCann and Ian Crocker is amazing. I hate everyone of them. I watched the derby on mute.

Shields Hibee
14-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I've noticed English derby games get players or managers who've had involvement with the teams previously to get a balanced view. McCann seems to come on with the sole aim of criticising us whenever he can, you'd not hear him say the Jambos or Rangers deserved to lose or have men seeing red!

Ian Crocker is dreadful. Seems Sky send the rubbish presenters to Scottish games as Crocker is only good enough for lower league stuff in England.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-08-2013, 04:32 AM
It looks bad in slow motion but then so do a lot of things. It was a misjudged tackle and a foul IMO. Maybe a booking but never a red.

I generally think McCann is one of the better SPL pundits (not the greatest of complements I suppose) but he was wrong about this.

Hibercelona
15-08-2013, 08:27 AM
He'd have been as well being sent off. He had zero impact yet again.

Bayern Bru
15-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Telling that in the highlights, not one of the Hearts fans in the background stands up, points, shouts or does anything to express immense displeasure.

lord bunberry
15-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Vine should have been given a medal.